Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,575 members, 7,905,208 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 08:17 AM

Religion Is Sweet Poison, Heaven Is A State Of Mind. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Is Sweet Poison, Heaven Is A State Of Mind. (12278 Views)

SWEET POISON / Sweet Poison / Sweet Poison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Is Sweet Poison, Heaven Is A State Of Mind. by Nobody: 12:40pm On Sep 23, 2013
at times like this, I wish I was an MOD

Isoooorraiii
Re: Religion Is Sweet Poison, Heaven Is A State Of Mind. by 2HASUM(m): 12:41pm On Sep 23, 2013
Ajibam: you are right all the way,but you are critically wrong in two ways...
Christianity is not a religion but a lifestyle...your personal encounter with Jesus....religion is a sweet poison,true!..but not Christianity because it is a lifestyle...
heaven is not a state of mind...it is a destination, a place...
you are still yet to know him,come closer to be unveiled
@ AJIBAM: JESUS OF NAZARETH KING OF THE JEWS, A PROPHET IS NOT WITHOUT HONOUR EXCEPT AMONG HIS PEOPLE AND HIS KINSMEN, CRUCIFIED BY HIS PEOPLE AND KINSMEN BUT WORSHIPED HERE, WHERE CHRISTIANITY COULD HAVE COME FROM IF NOT FROM CHRIST JESUS SON OF MARY WHAT WAY OF LIFE ARE YOU TALKING HERE? THE AUTHOR SAID RELIGION IS A SWEET POISON, WHY ARE YOU INTRODUCING ISSUES NOT CANVASSED TO THE TOPIC?

1 Like

Re: Religion Is Sweet Poison, Heaven Is A State Of Mind. by doconair: 12:42pm On Sep 23, 2013
the poster of this article simply needs salvation.you need to be transformed and renewal of ur mind.come and expperience eternal life and drink the living water

1 Like

Re: Religion Is Sweet Poison, Heaven Is A State Of Mind. by sylvok: 12:46pm On Sep 23, 2013
ifeness:

You cannot have an encounter with Jesus.the dude died and did not rise as you were falsely made to believe. The belief that Jesus resurrected is the bedrock of Christianity and that made it a religion!

re·li·gion
/riˈlijən/
Noun

The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, esp. a personal God or gods.
Details of belief as taught or discussed.

Synonyms
faith - belief - creed - denomination
your beleive that Jesus did not rise was rooted in koranic propaganda which is another piece of headache. It is wrapped in esoteric claims that are not verifiable. I wonder how educated people believe n it
Re: Religion Is Sweet Poison, Heaven Is A State Of Mind. by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 23, 2013
sylvok: your beleive that Jesus did not rise was rooted in koranic propaganda which is another piece of headache. It is wrapped in esoteric claims that are not verifiable. I wonder how educated people believe n it

Ok do you have a proof? If you are really educated,you will not believe someone died and rose three days after, you will not believe a man's blood can save your soul.....the list goes on.

2 Likes

Re: Religion Is Sweet Poison, Heaven Is A State Of Mind. by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 23, 2013
Religion set rules, God sets free.
Re: Religion Is Sweet Poison, Heaven Is A State Of Mind. by jmoore(m): 12:48pm On Sep 23, 2013
Go and ask satan. He will tell you how he was kicked out from heaven.
Re: Religion Is Sweet Poison, Heaven Is A State Of Mind. by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 23, 2013
jmoore: Go and ask satan. He will tell you how he was kicked out from heaven.

Where can we find satan since you know that much?

1 Like

Re: Religion Is Sweet Poison, Heaven Is A State Of Mind. by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 23, 2013
iyke926: Religion set rules, God sets free.

All religious rules are evil. Look at what is going on in kenya.

1 Like

Re: Religion Is Sweet Poison, Heaven Is A State Of Mind. by bugzylala(m): 12:55pm On Sep 23, 2013
Everyone is entitled to their opinion for sure. A lot of us supposed Christians are in the dark without a clue, blindfolded by religion. Religion is satan's tool of deceit while Christianity is a way of life. Take for instance, church A allows women to put on trousers to church services, n church B terms that "a SIN", yet both churches claim to worship the same God, sing the same praise songs, say the same/similar prayers to the same God... what do we think we're doing? Christianity is truely not an easy topic to discuss with some one who does not know Christ Jesus, because it defies logical reasoning. Christianity is based on Faith, n Faith starts from the point where human(logical) reasoning stops.

3 Likes

Re: Religion Is Sweet Poison, Heaven Is A State Of Mind. by Idrismusty97(m): 12:55pm On Sep 23, 2013
It is the truth!.I have read the bible 3tyms now and I have not seen anywhere that jesus say he came to bring a RELIGION rather he said he came to bring a KINGDOM.Again the word christian was used only 3tyms in the bible and two were from PAGANS!.I will suggest u read kingdom priciple by DR.myles muroe.he explain it well.
Again have any of you read about the origin of anglican and catholic church?Anglican church originated from king Henry,when he cannot get a divorce from the catholic church he form his church that can get a divorce with the same principle of the catholic church.U dnt have to burn candle,bow down 100 tyms to worship God.Infact the bible say u can only come to jesus IN TRUTH AND IN SPIRIT.Belive in God with your heart.Dont let religion or church,mosque decieve you.
Re: Religion Is Sweet Poison, Heaven Is A State Of Mind. by sylvok: 12:57pm On Sep 23, 2013
ifeness:

You cannot have an encounter with Jesus.the dude died and did not rise as you were falsely made to believe. The belief that Jesus resurrected is the bedrock of Christianity and that made it a religion!

re·li·gion
/riˈlijən/
Noun

The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, esp. a personal God or gods.

Synonyms
Re: Religion Is Sweet Poison, Heaven Is A State Of Mind. by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 23, 2013
bugzylala: Everyone is entitled to their opinion for sure. A lot of us supposed Christians are in the dark without a clue, blindfolded by religion. Religion is satan's tool of deceit while Christianity is a way of life. Take for instance, church A allows women to put on trousers to church services, n church B terms that "a SIN", yet both churches claim to worship the same God, sing the same praise songs, say the same/similar prayers to the same God... what do we think we're doing? Christianity is truely not an easy topic to discuss with some one who does not know Christ Jesus, because it defies logic reasoning. Christianity is based on Faith, n Faith starts from the point where human(logical) reasoning stops.

Faith is blind and can lead a sane mind into destruction. Christianity has been used a tool of abuse,excuse for corruption,manipulation,slavery,genocide....... It's got to go!

Christianity is one of the worst religion alongside its brother( islam)
Re: Religion Is Sweet Poison, Heaven Is A State Of Mind. by Ajibam: 12:59pm On Sep 23, 2013
2HASUM:
@ AJIBAM: JESUS OF NAZARETH KING OF THE JEWS, A PROPHET IS NOT WITHOUT HONOUR EXCEPT AMONG HIS PEOPLE AND HIS KINSMEN, CRUCIFIED BY HIS PEOPLE AND KINSMEN BUT WORSHIPED HERE, WHERE CHRISTIANITY COULD HAVE COME FROM IF NOT FROM CHRIST JESUS SON OF MARY WHAT WAY OF LIFE ARE YOU TALKING HERE? THE AUTHOR SAID RELIGION IS A SWEET POISON, WHILE ARE YOU INTRODUCING ISSUES NOT CANVASSED TO THE TOPIC?
AM CORRECTING HIM,.
CHRISTIANITY WAS STARTED WHEN THE PEOPLE AT ANTIOCH SAW THE TRAITS OF JESUS IN THEM..THEY CALL THEM CHRISTIAN BECAUSE THEY BEHAVE LIKE HIM..SMALL CHRIST=CHRISTIAN
THEY REJECTED HIM BECAUSE THEY ARE BLINDED BY THE LAW...BUT SOME WERE SAVED AND WILL STILL BE SAVED BEFORE HE WILL RETURN
CHRISTIANITY NOWADAYS IS AUTONOMY, BUT THOSE WHO REALLY KNOW THIS CHRIST,ARE IN CHRIST AND HE IS THEM... THEY ARE TESTIFIERS OF HIS HOLINESS THAT IS BUILT IN THEM.THEY ARE JUSTIFIED BY HIS DEATH ON THE CROSS AND CALL TO LIVE A LIFE ACCEPTABLE TO GOD ONLY.. A CHRISTLIKE LIFE...CHRISTIANITY

1 Like

Re: Religion Is Sweet Poison, Heaven Is A State Of Mind. by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 23, 2013
ifeness:

All religious rules are evil. Look at what is going on in kenya.

lol. Religions aint evil but man is. The attack in Kenya, Naija and other places is because of the violent nature of man. Cain killed Abel, right Was there anything like religion then NO. All am trying to say is that religion was made to tame the violence nature of man...of you and I. But it aint working. Find God with all yo heart, bro.
Re: Religion Is Sweet Poison, Heaven Is A State Of Mind. by Ajibam: 1:01pm On Sep 23, 2013
iyke926: Religion set rules, God sets free.
exactly

!
Re: Religion Is Sweet Poison, Heaven Is A State Of Mind. by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 23, 2013
ifeness:

Faith is blind and can lead a sane mind into destruction. Christianity has been used a tool of abuse,excuse for corruption,manipulation,slavery,genocide....... It's got to go!

Christianity is one of the worst religion alongside its brother( islam)

Judge not
Re: Religion Is Sweet Poison, Heaven Is A State Of Mind. by Ajibam: 1:03pm On Sep 23, 2013
Idrismusty97: It is the truth!.I have read the bible 3tyms now and I have not seen anywhere that jesus say he came to bring a RELIGION rather he said he came to bring a KINGDOM.Again the word christian was used only 3tyms in the bible and two were from PAGANS!.I will suggest u read kingdom priciple by DR.myles muroe.he explain it well.
Again have any of you read about the origin of anglican and catholic church?Anglican church originated from king Henry,when he cannot get a divorce from the catholic church he form his church that can get a divorce with the same principle of the catholic church.U dnt have to burn candle,bow down 100 tyms to worship God.Infact the bible say u can only come to jesus IN TRUTH AND IN SPIRIT.Belive in God with your heart.Dont let religion or church,mosque decieve you.

God bless you
Re: Religion Is Sweet Poison, Heaven Is A State Of Mind. by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 23, 2013
There is no evidence jesus rose from the dead. Christianity was formed 300 hundred years after he supposedly died on the cross( actually he died in India according to a reliable source). It takes a dull brain/mind to believe an Arab man is the saviour of the world. Jesus is a mask used my the powers that be to rule the masses. Revelation claimed jesus will come back and rule with "a rod of iron" meaning a tyrant in the making.

2 Likes

Re: Religion Is Sweet Poison, Heaven Is A State Of Mind. by segzicres(m): 1:04pm On Sep 23, 2013
Mein that last wtite up made alotta sense! Well we can always combine both. Religion doesn't sat science is stupid
Re: Religion Is Sweet Poison, Heaven Is A State Of Mind. by Nobody: 1:05pm On Sep 23, 2013
iyke926:

Judge not

I do not recognise your bible. " Judge not" only applies to christians i suppose . Moreover,i am only telling the truth.

1 Like

Re: Religion Is Sweet Poison, Heaven Is A State Of Mind. by badmeat(m): 1:06pm On Sep 23, 2013
Like Bad meat wud say“always do good”grin
Re: Religion Is Sweet Poison, Heaven Is A State Of Mind. by RationalDude(m): 1:08pm On Sep 23, 2013
Aptly put @op.
Re: Religion Is Sweet Poison, Heaven Is A State Of Mind. by peterphd(m): 1:09pm On Sep 23, 2013
bugzylala: Everyone is entitled to their opinion for sure. A lot of us supposed Christians are in the dark without a clue, blindfolded by religion. Religion is satan's tool of deceit while Christianity is a way of life. Take for instance, church A allows women to put on trousers to church services, n church B terms that "a SIN", yet both churches claim to worship the same God, sing the same praise songs, say the same/similar prayers to the same God... what do we think we're doing? Christianity is truely not an easy topic to discuss with some one who does not know Christ Jesus, because it defies logical reasoning. Christianity is based on Faith, n Faith starts from the point where human(logical) reasoning stops.

Wrong! Faith is an act of sedition against reasoning.
Re: Religion Is Sweet Poison, Heaven Is A State Of Mind. by Nobody: 1:10pm On Sep 23, 2013
iyke926:

lol. Religions aint evil but man is. The attack in Kenya, Naija and other places is because of the violent nature of man. Cain killed Abel, right Was there anything like religion then NO. All am trying to say is that religion was made to tame the violence nature of man...of you and I. But it aint working. Find God with all yo heart, bro.

Just like religion tamed the violent nature of the suicide bomber. Ask Ajibam(hope he tells the truth) he once said "he could kill for jesus"

Religion is being used to control the masses. Mind control is a very dangerous weapon in our society. Bishop Oyedepo became violent for jesus,didn't he? Including his church members who beat up a camera man. That is religion at its best.

4 Likes

Re: Religion Is Sweet Poison, Heaven Is A State Of Mind. by morewealth(m): 1:12pm On Sep 23, 2013
Ajibam: you are right all the way,but you are critically wrong in two ways...
Christianity is not a religion but a lifestyle...your personal encounter with Jesus....religion is a sweet poison,true!..but not Christianity because it is a lifestyle...
heaven is not a state of mind...it is a destination, a place...
you are still yet to know him,come closer to be unveiled
You are right all the way but somehow wrong in a way.
Heaven can't be a place. Its a state of being or simply put a condition where by we will see God for who He truly is and SHARE IN HIS GLORY.
Mark the words on caps 'SHARE IN HIS GLORY' because thats what differentiates heaven from hell.
Re: Religion Is Sweet Poison, Heaven Is A State Of Mind. by peterphd(m): 1:14pm On Sep 23, 2013
All these Christians brandishing the "Christianity is a way of life" mantra and also saying humans must have a PERSONAL relationship with Jesus are saying rubbish.Since its personal why can't the people involved define it? Why can't one be gay and a Christian? Why can't one be catholic, celestial,pentecostal etc and be a "Christian" as you guys are always against each other? Christianity is a religion and is also a delusion that a Jew is coming to save the world. only rational thinking humans can save us.

1 Like

Re: Religion Is Sweet Poison, Heaven Is A State Of Mind. by Ajibam: 1:16pm On Sep 23, 2013
ifeness:

re·li·gion
/riˈlijən/
Noun

Synonyms
I was not made to believe..I believed myself after a divine encounter with him... I pray
that you have this kind of encounter with him
once again..CHRISTIANITY is a lifestyle

ifeness: There is no evidence jesus rose from the dead. Christianity was formed 300 hundred years after he supposedly died on the cross( actually he died in India according to a reliable source). It takes a dull brain/mind to believe an Arab man is the saviour of the world. Jesus is a mask my the powers that be to rule the masses. Revelation claimed jesus will come back and rule with "a rod of iron" meaning a tyrant in the making.
there is evidence
the evidence is in me,my salvation. it will be shown to you on the rapture day..
he will come with a rod of iron to judge the evil ones..he will destroy them with the two edged sword that comes out from his mouth...

1 Like

Re: Religion Is Sweet Poison, Heaven Is A State Of Mind. by Ajibam: 1:19pm On Sep 23, 2013
morewealth:
You are right all the way but somehow wrong in a way.
Heaven can't be a place. Its a state of being or simply put a condition where by we will see God for who He truly is and SHARE IN HIS GLORY.
Mark the words on caps 'SHARE IN HIS GLORY' because thats what differentiates heaven from hell.
is hell a state of mind too?
Re: Religion Is Sweet Poison, Heaven Is A State Of Mind. by Ajibam: 1:24pm On Sep 23, 2013
ifeness:

Just like religion tamed the violent nature of the suicide bomber. Ask Ajibam(hope he tells the truth) he once said "he could kill for jesus"

Religion is being used to control the masses. Mind control is a very dangerous weapon in our society. Bishop Oyedepo became violent for jesus,didn't he? Including his church members who beat up a camera man. That is religion at its best.
POST the link here now or you will be accuse of posting false information and it won't go well..i give you some minutes to do that
Re: Religion Is Sweet Poison, Heaven Is A State Of Mind. by ArewaWarrior: 1:31pm On Sep 23, 2013
Mr Poster stop beating round the bush and just declare yourself an athiest coz hw u talk is polluted with spiritual doubt. My religion is perfect, but those of us tht practice it are highly imperfect.

Religion... No religion there will always be crime, murder, rape, armed robbery.. etc so pls look into the individual who has the choice to do right or wrong as he/she pleases.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prophet G.O. Fakeye of C&S Movement Church(ayo Ni) Final Burial Ceremony in Pics / Living Faith Distributes Relief Items To Eleven IDP Camps / Will GOD Forgive A Wicked Man/Woman Who Has Killed So Many Innocent People?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.