Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,767 members, 7,879,333 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 04:27 PM

Can Anyone Explain To Me Wat Jesus Meant? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Anyone Explain To Me Wat Jesus Meant? (680 Views)

Can Anyone Explain Partial Rapture Fully ? / What Jesus Meant By "Fullfiled The Law" / Plssssssssss Help Me..wat Can I Do???!!!!!!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Anyone Explain To Me Wat Jesus Meant? by fabulousdame(f): 12:02pm On Sep 23, 2013
i was reading the bible and i came across sometin i do not understand at all, for the first time in my life i ve no clue about dis part of the bible... when Jesus said to his disciples 'do u tink i ve come to give peace on earth? no i tell you but rather division' you can look it up urself
luke 12:51-53 pls i need answers
Re: Can Anyone Explain To Me Wat Jesus Meant? by assu2013(m): 12:36pm On Sep 23, 2013
Jesus come 2 fulfill d law to thous dat believe bt he know is not all dat will believe in him dat y nw in a family u c a christain n non christain in the same family once it come to they believe there is no peace among them n 4 him 2 carry such mission must not bering peace but divinsion.lik wat is happeing nw around 2 world such as boko haram,al. Sab etc read 56 of the same luke 12.tk u
Re: Can Anyone Explain To Me Wat Jesus Meant? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Sep 23, 2013
Other Translations of Luke 12:51
Suppose yee that I am come to giue peace on earth? I tell you, Nay, but rather diuision.
- King James Version (1611)- View 1611 Bible Scan
"Do you suppose that I came to grant peace on earth? I tell you, no, but rather division;
- New American Standard Version (1995)
Think ye that I am come to give peace in the earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
- American Standard Version (1901)
Is it your opinion that I have come to give peace on earth? I say to you, No, but division:
- Basic English Bible
Think ye that I have come to give peace in the earth? Nay, I say to you, but rather division:
- Darby Bible
Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, No; but rather division:
- Webster's Bible
Do you suppose that I came to give peace on earth? No, I tell you that I came to bring dissension.
- Weymouth Bible
Do you think that I have come to give peace in the earth? I tell you, no, but rather division.
- World English Bible
Wene ye, that Y cam to yyue pees in to erthe? Nay, Y say to you, but departyng.
- Wycliffe Bible
`Think ye that peace I came to give in the earth? no, I say to you, but rather division;
- Youngs Literal Bible
Re: Can Anyone Explain To Me Wat Jesus Meant? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 23, 2013
Other Translations of Luke 12:52
For from henceforth there shalbe fiue in one house diuided, three against two, and two against three.
- King James Version (1611)- View 1611 Bible Scan
for from now on five {members} in one household will be divided, three against two and two against three.
- New American Standard Version (1995)
for there shall be from henceforth five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.
- American Standard Version (1901)
For from this time, a family of five in one house will be on opposite sides, three against two and two against three.
- Basic English Bible
for from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided; three shall be divided against two, and two against three:
- Darby Bible
For from henceforth there will be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.
- Webster's Bible
For from this time there will be in one house five persons split into parties. Three will form a party against two and two will form a party against three;
- Weymouth Bible
For from now on, there will be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.
- World English Bible
For fro this tyme ther schulen be fyue departid in oon hous; thre schulen be departid ayens tweyne, and tweyne schulen be departid ayens thre;
- Wycliffe Bible
for there shall be henceforth five in one house divided -- three against two, and two against three;
- Youngs Literal Bible
Re: Can Anyone Explain To Me Wat Jesus Meant? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 23, 2013
Jm's comment on 2012-11-29
The question is what does division mean in its general context? What I have just finished doing is researching the Hebrew versus Greek definitions of division! Through studying I will conclude in saying that we are not getting it because we are interpreting the Greek content when I believe we use the Hebrew definition it means distribution. Deliverance redeems after reviewing these meaning. One would say Deliverer and redeemer of the masses? To separate the few believers from those who are unbelievers.
Re: Can Anyone Explain To Me Wat Jesus Meant? by God2man(m): 1:00pm On Sep 23, 2013
Persecution and rebellion against the gospel of our Lord Jesus christ.

For example, if you are a member of a muslim family and by the grace of God, you encounter christ, the whole family will persecute you as a result of your new spiritual status.
There will be division in the family. You did not cause the division, also Jesus was not the real cause, it is the way your family respond to your new life in christ Jesus.

God bless you.
God2man.
Re: Can Anyone Explain To Me Wat Jesus Meant? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Sep 23, 2013
Wesley's Notes for Luke 12:52
12:52 There shall be five in one house, three against two, and two against three - There being an irreconcilable enmity between the Spirit of Christ and the spirit of the world.
Re: Can Anyone Explain To Me Wat Jesus Meant? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Sep 23, 2013
Wesley's Notes for Luke 12:51
12:51 Suppose ye that I am come to send peace upon earth - That universal peace will be the immediate effect of my coming? Not so, but quite the contrary. #Mt 10:34|.
Re: Can Anyone Explain To Me Wat Jesus Meant? by fabulousdame(f): 1:21pm On Sep 23, 2013
Divepen: Jm's comment on 2012-11-29
The question is what does division mean in its general context? What I have just finished doing is researching the Hebrew versus Greek definitions of division! Through studying I will conclude in saying that we are not getting it because we are interpreting the Greek content when I believe we use the Hebrew definition it means distribution. Deliverance redeems after reviewing these meaning. One would say Deliverer and redeemer of the masses? To separate the few believers from those who are unbelievers.

i tink i understand now cos there is also a part of d bible that said sometin about Jesus coming sake of the sinners and not the already righteous ones..

(1) (Reply)

20 Obama Quotes About Islam Contrasted With 20 Obama Quotes About Christianity / Must All Christians Speak In Tongues? / Why Muslims Tend To Hate Or Popular For Violence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.