Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,300 members, 7,910,568 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 12:05 PM

I Don't Have A Problem With Other Comedians Stealing My Jokes - I Go Save - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Don't Have A Problem With Other Comedians Stealing My Jokes - I Go Save (639 Views)

Photos: Basketmouth And Other Comedians Arrive UK For Their Tour / Picture Of I-Go-Save, Maleke And I-Go-Die Back In The Days / Comedians 'i Go Dye' And 'i Go Save' Beaten To Pulp By Soldiers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Don't Have A Problem With Other Comedians Stealing My Jokes - I Go Save by Bubemi: 1:03pm On Sep 23, 2013
In a recent interview that popular comedian, I go save Exclusively had with habanaija.com, he talked at length on so many issues happening in the Nigerian Comedy Industry and on some personal issues as well.

Here is the interview:

Otas Igo Save whose real name is Otaghware Otas Onodjayeke is one of the biggest names in African comedy, he came into the limelight after performing at Opa Williams night of a thousand laughs in 2000.

The Warri born comedian steadily rose to stardom over the years, the moment he launch his comedy show I Go Save back in 2009. Quite unusually for a comedy show, especially in Benin City, I Go Save sold out before the show date. Ever since, I Go Save has become an annual event, firmly established on the Benin City Comedy calendar.

The popularity of I Go Save with his audience is just on of the several feathers in his cap. He is very popular with critics too, his witty jokes and spontaneity has won him dozens of awards including Daniel Merit Award for Best Youth Comedian, Pink Awards Nigeria for Comedy of the year, Akwaba Awards Ghana for comedy of the year, Ehiglad Entertainment Recognition, Settlement House honor as youth peace Ambassador, EBS Recognition Awards, RCORN Organisation Awards for humour brain of the year, NDDA as comedian of the year and many more.

Otaghware Otas Onodjayeke’s talents is not limited to live stand up comedy alone, he is an actor as well. He has starred in a several Nollywood Comedy Movies including Warri Connection and My House Help. Mr Onodjayeke was kind enough to find time from his busy schedule to grant an interview to Bubemi Ekengbuda of Haba Naija.

Otas I go save was Born may 20th 1979 in Warri delta state  to the Onodjayeke’s  family, OTAS I GO SAVE hails from Ethiope East local government area of Delta State. Attended Aileru primary school and Essi college all in Warri, Delta state and later Federal Polytechnic Auchi where he studied painting and general arts, graduated in 2004 and served his NYSC in Lagos, in 2005. In 2010, his annual I go save unusual got bigger and better.

Bubemi: How will you describe your sojourn in the entertainment industry?

I Go Save: We just do most of the physical which we always see as the best but i give God who oversees and guide my steps to th right path all the glory, so i would not say i am a sojourner since i have God by my side and i keep working hard daily to upgrade and sustain my brand of comedy, Otas i go save is enjoying the trade of making people as it gives me joy to see others happy. Rita Mae Brown once said ” moral passion without entertainment is propaganda, and entertainment without moral passion is television” so the passion for Otas I go save in doing what he loves keeps him going i go save sleeps, eats, drinks, and thinks comedy, and how to emulate laughter encompasses my thoughts daily since There’s no retirement age in comedy. It is not like music or football and that is why you still find Steve Harvey in the trade.

Bubemi: What does it take to be a toast of big comedy shows home and abroad ?

I go save: As you grow in a job so your commercial value increases and constant research to be informed, challenging yourself of making non offensive happenstance to emulate laughter and most of all self decline has been the major key.

Bubemi: If you take a trip down memory lane, would you say everything is working according to plan ?

I go save: Well that is why i don’t stop thanking God, they are working more than i planned.
Embracing comedy as a teenager made all plans towards a direction but as you grow in what you do new decisions and goals starts coming in, though there are some plans i am yet to execute because of few set backs but they must be achieved as i have told myself so i see a lot them and even some i never planned for working and some not, “i believe in serendipity. one of the things I have found out about life is that it has a way of surprising you; you don’t know what’s around the corner”

Bubemi: What are some of the survival strategies of I go save ?

I go save: I pray, because i think that when human strength, ability and intelligence are exhausted, then its the good lord who can do it. i think happiness is a decision and i try not to allow what is happening to me decide the temperature inside me.

Full Interview Can be found Here » http://www.habanaija.com/interview-with-star-nigerian-comedian-i-go-save/
Re: I Don't Have A Problem With Other Comedians Stealing My Jokes - I Go Save by EndTimeThings: 1:21pm On Sep 23, 2013
I didn't waste my time reading all this shittt

I go save wey I funny pass mtceeeeeew yeye

(1) (Reply)

Osita Iheme(pawpaw) Findslove, Showsbeautiful Girlfriend / Nelson Mandela Dies At 95 (RIP - 1918 - 2013) / Check Out Toke Makinwa's Stunning New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.