Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,203 members, 7,887,531 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 10:12 AM

Get First Nigeria Made Antivirus - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Get First Nigeria Made Antivirus (709 Views)

How To Update Your Antivirus On A Computer Without Internet Connection / How Do I Remove NAV2004 (Norton Antivirus 2004) From My PC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Get First Nigeria Made Antivirus by themac(f): 1:21pm On Jun 24, 2008
designed by myself and two other coursemates and friends.we seek individuals to check out the beta version before we eventually get proper paperworks for it.log on to www.asohk.com,register and on registration,you would get the antivirus as an attachment in an email.thanks
Re: Get First Nigeria Made Antivirus by folahann(m): 1:26pm On Jun 24, 2008
I won't even bother to click on the link at all!

nigerian anti-virus! shocked shocked
Re: Get First Nigeria Made Antivirus by dnative(m): 4:38pm On Jun 24, 2008
Ask yourself, what's the motivation for people wanting to be beta testers for your relatively unknown AV product. And why do you think they want to go through the rigmarole of registration (which would possibly incur some spamming afterwards).

You could have taken a better step by giving some background on the project effort that led to your AV, the vision behind it, what you have done so far - and afterwards offer a link to whoever wants to try this out. In that way you'll get people to see where you're coming from, where you're going.

Click an an email attachment that is meant to be a newly developed antivirus - hell no. How the heck am I sure it's not a virus.

Think. There are better ways to create awareness about your software development efforts than this.  Or is this just another traffic-generating gimmick for your blogsite.
Re: Get First Nigeria Made Antivirus by TmeD0(m): 1:14am On Jun 25, 2008
dnative:

Ask yourself, what's the motivation for people wanting to be beta testers for your relatively unknown AV product. And why do you think they want to go through the rigmarole of registration (which would possibly incur some spamming afterwards).

You could have taken a better step by giving some background on the project effort that led to your AV, the vision behind it, what you have done so far - and afterwards offer a link to whoever wants to try this out. In that way you'll get people to see where you're coming from, where you're going.

Click an an email attachment that is meant to be a newly developed antivirus - hell no. How the heck am I sure it's not a virus.

Think. There are better ways to create awareness about your software development efforts than this.  Or is this just another traffic-generating gimmick for your blogsite. ???

Lol! Possibly.  grin
Re: Get First Nigeria Made Antivirus by Chidi4u(m): 9:37am On Jun 26, 2008
This anti virus beware it might be pdi file what it does is to automatically scan for email address on your computer and sends it back to the senders email address bewarned
Re: Get First Nigeria Made Antivirus by alex406(m): 1:53pm On Jun 26, 2008
Lets stop criticisms as it will not help our dear nation to grow and foster technologically.Lets try and encourage ourselves.
Re: Get First Nigeria Made Antivirus by fransois2(m): 2:04pm On Jun 26, 2008
Re: Get First Nigeria Made Antivirus by TmeD0(m): 7:25pm On Jun 26, 2008
alex406:

Lets stop criticisms as it will not help our dear nation to grow and foster technologically.Lets try and encourage ourselves.
I think you're missing the point here.  No one is criticizing this guy. . .they're just skeptical based on the approach of the poster.  There was not enough information given about this "project" and what's more, he/she is requiring that you register with your email address and receive the software via email.  Now, if that doesn't cause one to be skeptical about it, I don't know what will.  I'm sure they'll be glad for you to beta test their software for them.  They have a link you can follow.  Good luck.  Peace!

(1) (Reply)

Bandwidth Network / Removing Spyware / Uses Of Ascii In Computing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.