Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,195 members, 7,907,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 06:18 AM

Would There Be Peace In The World If Everyone Became A Muslim? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Would There Be Peace In The World If Everyone Became A Muslim? (821 Views)

A Muslim Guy Rejected The New N100 Note / Christmas Address: Pope Prays For Peace In Nigeria, Condemns Religious Violence / Pope Prays For Peace In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would There Be Peace In The World If Everyone Became A Muslim? by rollas007: 12:26pm On Sep 24, 2013
Having pondered on the turmoil around the world for some time now the latest of which is the siege at Westgate shopping mall in Kenya, hoping to find a lasting solution to the menace of radicalism, extremism which results ultimately in terrorism, I finally arrived at this question: Would there be peace in the world if the whole populace of earth became Muslims?
In my own opinion, the fact that many Muslims distance themselves from acts of terrorism and maintain Islam is a religion of peace, means that there’s a confusion within this religion, don’t misconstrue me, I simply mean some believers are inclined to violence while others aren’t. From this perspective, I think even if everybody became Muslims, the violence will continue due to the variance in their beliefs (this is evident in the middle-east where Muslims kill fellow Muslims in the most inhumane manner). Hence, I’m inclined to think that the only solution to this problem is we respecting one another as human beings irrespective of religion, color of our skin, language or location. Though it seems like a cold day in hell, let us remember to always do our best to encourage peaceful coexistence and harmony.
Until then, I guess we’ll have to keep on praying and hoping things get better. I am a Christian, born and bred in Nigeria; I love Muslims and I stand for peace.
Guys, let’s have your views and rub minds...
Re: Would There Be Peace In The World If Everyone Became A Muslim? by onetrack(m): 12:59pm On Sep 24, 2013
There is no way to end violence completely. However, among religions, only the Jainism can really claim to have had a virtual unbroken string of non-violence as a religious doctrine. Plus a few Christian sects like the Quakers and Mennonites though they are much newer than Jainism.
Re: Would There Be Peace In The World If Everyone Became A Muslim? by plaetton: 2:30pm On Sep 24, 2013
No

Religion is tailor made to inspire, invoke and cater to the primitive instincts of humans. It doesn't matter what religion or sect. Even if there was only one religion, sooner or later, it splits into waring factions.
Most of the conflicts we see in the middle east are sectarian, and not inter-religious.
Re: Would There Be Peace In The World If Everyone Became A Muslim? by RayMcBlue(m): 2:33pm On Sep 24, 2013
Hell no!!

If you think that Islam is one big happy, united family, then you need some reeducating on the matter.

In Islam there are many sects, but prominent among them are Shia and Sunni. These two sects don't see eye to eye, and see the other as the wrong interpretation of Islam.

Most of those conflicts waging in the middle east, do you honestly think they are caused by outsiders?

Hell no!

85% of those can be attributed to animosities between the various indigenous ethnicities that can be traced back centuries ago. Animosities set in motion and fueled on by conflicting interpretation of Islam.

Why do you think that Shi'a Iran despised Sunni Iraq so much, and vice versa? Do you think it's only because of the ethnic, border and land issues? Nope. Those are secondary to the real monster lurking in the background - Conflicting interpretation of Islam.

Most of middle eastern Muslims hate the West with passion for what they believed the West represents, but not as much as they hate one another. Believe me, if the whole world were to convert to Islam, the world will go up in smoke, its inevitable.

5 Likes

Re: Would There Be Peace In The World If Everyone Became A Muslim? by PastorKun(m): 2:47pm On Sep 24, 2013
@OP
It's not likely there would be peace if everyone in the world becomes a muslim but it is more likely there would be peace if all muslims in the world became christians. smiley
Re: Would There Be Peace In The World If Everyone Became A Muslim? by rollas007: 4:28pm On Sep 24, 2013
@Pastor Kun...I beg to disagree with you on the fact that there would be peace if all Muslims in the world became Christians. Just like @plaetton shared, peace in the world isn't only dependent on religious beliefs. In this light, I still strongly believe in calm propagation of one's faith as a form of evangelism while respecting others' opinion and decision. Without love, peace will never be achieved.
Re: Would There Be Peace In The World If Everyone Became A Muslim? by sylve11: 5:14pm On Sep 24, 2013
@ op, i'd like it if u rephrase it to Would There Be Peace In The World If there is no religion? my answer wud now be 'some how'. cool

(1) (Reply)

One Letter Short Of Danger / David Didnt Kill Goliath / I Want To Be A Pastor –timaya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.