Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,640 members, 7,914,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 10:47 AM

TECHNOLOGY AND ROMANCE: The Pros and The Cons, Instances, Experiences etc. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / TECHNOLOGY AND ROMANCE: The Pros and The Cons, Instances, Experiences etc. (847 Views)

Office Romance: The Best Way To Date A Coworker / 7 Instances Where Its Okay For A Woman In A Relationship To Be Jealous / Playing Hard To Get- The Pros And Cons? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

TECHNOLOGY AND ROMANCE: The Pros and The Cons, Instances, Experiences etc. by Raimond(m): 3:08pm On Jun 24, 2008
[b]We all have to appreciate the fast evolving world of Technology:From the internet services to the unique mobile telephony offerings.This services have also crept into our world of relationships,cutting across the world of the married, and the unmarried.You no longer have to move certain distances to see the one you love, when you can just call,text or chat.The traditional love methods of holding hands and taking long walks,letters,sweet postcards etc. are fast becoming extinct.The internet chat rooms are full of couples trying to keep their love life alive,the mobile networks are grappling with hordes of sweet text messages and long love-laced night calls etc.
Technology has also a fair share of tragic results in relationships,like `stray` text messages,strange calls from suspected rivals that cause relatioships to crash,also deceit,for instance where you send  your partner a love text from another man/woman`s bed etc. The list is endless.

Fellow Nairalanders, what do you think about the use of technology and romance.It`s merits and demerits, instances,experiences, and so on.

Let`s Share!!!    
[/b] smiley

Re: TECHNOLOGY AND ROMANCE: The Pros and The Cons, Instances, Experiences etc. by iice(f): 4:42pm On Jul 06, 2008
Hmmm true technology has made it easier for many to communicate.  Thank goodness those years of waiting 5 months before your letter reaches someone in naija are almost gone.

For someone ancient like me, i prefer my letters delivered to me by eagles
But i do not think that all these new wonders can ever replace the connection one feels when you physically touch someone.  Or feeling someone's heartbeat, feel their pulse race, feel the warmth.
Or the connection when you talk face to face, to watch their expressions, to know the effect you have on them, to look into their eyes and fall.
Sometimes i think it makes it harder because one has to strive to recall and hold on to those moments. 
Re: TECHNOLOGY AND ROMANCE: The Pros and The Cons, Instances, Experiences etc. by Raimond(m): 8:21am On Jul 07, 2008
studentetc:

Technology has made it easier for a girl bouncing up and down on top somewhere to tell her boyfriend that "am at my uncle's place".

LMBAO grin grin grin
Re: TECHNOLOGY AND ROMANCE: The Pros and The Cons, Instances, Experiences etc. by Lovelace: 9:02am On Jul 07, 2008
As with all things modern, technology has it's pros and cons.
Back in the day,love letters were big. You sat down and wrote a letter expressing how you felt about someone. Many crumpled sheets later,your letter was good to go. With technology,everything's changing,the way we communicate aand all. You send an sms for nearly everything,from birthdays,anniversaries to love messages.
Reason why most old folk are sometimes baffled by this technology,you see back then they had a pen and paper and they were good. No cell phones,no bluetooth,no wifi,and no emails.
Not to forget this same technology has ruined marriages and relationships. So there you have it.
Re: TECHNOLOGY AND ROMANCE: The Pros and The Cons, Instances, Experiences etc. by francessby(f): 11:14am On Jul 07, 2008

(1) (Reply)

Is She Cheating On Me / The Greatest Romantic Opportunity Ever Missed: / How Will U React To It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.