Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,871 members, 7,969,646 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 11:33 AM

Browse Your Favourite Sites In Offline Mode With Your Phone And Pc. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Browse Your Favourite Sites In Offline Mode With Your Phone And Pc. (718 Views)

Cheapest Data Plans For Android, IOS And PC Users In April 2016 / Download Now PES 2016 For Android, BB, IPhone And PC Using PPSSPP / Nokia N70 Offline Mode Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Browse Your Favourite Sites In Offline Mode With Your Phone And Pc. by EverydayICT(m): 6:09pm On Sep 24, 2013
The software that allows you do this is HTTRACK Website Copier; there are others but this one is the best. Well, this is one nifty app actually lets you do an amazing stuff. It basically does what it says, copies a website. I have been using it for a long time now and I can say it can really save you a lot of stress and money if you know how to use it. So, what exactly does this do?

Lets picture a scenario where you are browsing a site and wish to read an article or tutorial or read the whole story from a news website and you are charged based on the time you spent on the internet or maybe you are using your office WIFI Hotspot and you know when you leave the office you will have to rely on your own limited mobile connection to browse. Well, this little app lets you actually copy the website content from the online server directly to your local memory card in your phone or hard disk in your PC and you can browse the site in “offline mode” through your browser as you would in an online environment.

It saves time and allows you to read your favorite articles or tutorial at your own convenience in the same format you would if you were connected online. What this means is that if your visit tutorial sites like www.w3school.com you can actually download the whole content of the site to your hard disk. You are limited only by your hard disk space. The fact that you can potentially download the whole content on Nairaland on your pc or phone doesn’t mean you should do.

Anyway, here is the good part; HTTrack also allows you to download the update part of your downloaded website and add it to your local file without having to download it all over again and the best part is that its freeeee… …..it’s cool right….there are lots of tweak and tricks you can do with it and I will leave you to dig it. Its available for all Platform; Android, iOS, PC and Mac. Get it from Google Play for android, iTunes for Mac and IPAD, and @http://www.softpedia.com for PC or you can just Google it.

Am very sure one person didn't know about it and that's who am interested in, not the gurus so post your criticism, contributions, feedbacks and comment.

Remember No Knowledge is a waste…..so keep learning

1 Like

Re: Browse Your Favourite Sites In Offline Mode With Your Phone And Pc. by Caseless: 6:29pm On Sep 24, 2013
Don Allah? Kai! E go make sense die! Make we hear frm dem pple wey sabi am first.

(1) (Reply)

I Dnt Know Which Andriod Phone To Buy When It Comes To Browsing! Pls Help Me Out / Check How Much Data Apps Use Before Users Download Them From...... / Android Users Only: How To Monitor And Reduce Data Usage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.