Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,735 members, 7,945,301 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 01:57 PM

Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen (16567 Views)

Herdsmen Kidnap Catholic Priest In Enugu / Redeemed Pastor Sent To Prison Over N100m Lekki Land Fraud (photo) / Female MFM Pastor Remanded In Prison Over Visa Scam [PHOTO] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by ucheokpara100(m): 1:46pm On Sep 25, 2013
i beliv till 2morow d priest is innocent, who no no police frame
Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by scholes23(m): 1:49pm On Sep 25, 2013
I'm not surprised at all cos I know d kind of police we have. Tomorrow, If they stop u on d highway and u refuse to settle, they'll take u to d station and tell their oga that they found u with IGBO (Indian Hemp) where as we know d real owners. This is surely a way of spoiling someone's name. At least we know that after lawyers, d police are highest liars

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by bongosman: 1:55pm On Sep 25, 2013
la furia: Lol @ hidden post.

Anyway touch not my annoited won't work here
This world is coming to an end.Jesus christ have mercy for your people.
Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by cachal: 1:56pm On Sep 25, 2013
I have a question for the house, police are always claiming they where beating, and this raise my question.

If a police man slap your father right in front of you? What will you do? Because police are used to heating people with no good reason.
Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by tony5002x: 1:57pm On Sep 25, 2013
So the police men they look the priest for face he won kill there own..I smell politics in the Church [i][/i]"He was said to be having a running battle with the Bishop of Awgu Catholic Diocese."
Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by crackhaus: 2:00pm On Sep 25, 2013
DonHummer: any civilian dat beats up a nigerian polic man is my frnd...
I'm with you
Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by majekobaje1: 2:04pm On Sep 25, 2013
tony5002x: So the police men they look the priest for face he won kill there own..I smell politics in the Church [i][/i]"He was said to be having a running battle with the Bishop of Awgu Catholic Diocese."
you make a point.
Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by importexpert(m): 2:06pm On Sep 25, 2013
Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by AngelRaphael(m): 2:20pm On Sep 25, 2013
The matter shld be investigated very well .meanwhile they shld be bail the priest.
Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by Chimaroke86(m): 3:13pm On Sep 25, 2013
princemolak: na wa for obodo/nigerians oo
my dear,don't forget what the bible said,'touch not my anoited and do my prophet no harm' and u ar telln me that it won't work haaaaa.........
Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by Chimaroke86(m): 3:15pm On Sep 25, 2013
Chimaroke86:
my dear,don't forget what the bible said,'touch not my anoited and do my prophet no harm' and u ar telln me that it won't work haaaaa.........
Chimaroke86:
Chimaroke86:
Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by tiwasiaife(m): 3:18pm On Sep 25, 2013
For clarifiacation the priest name is fr. James ani he has occupied his home parish for over 3yrs chasing away the legitimate parish priest. Under catholic norm,a priest is not suppose to serve in his home town but he but he chose to disobey his bishop. This case has lingered for sometime bt the bishop chose to be calm.his fellow priest frm the same town both home and abroad have appealed to him but to no avail. He was ordained since 1992 under late bishop of Enugu diocese Rt.Rev.Dr. M.U Eneja but has remained a problem to the two diocese. Its unfortunate that he has succeeded is causing a problem in his town i must commend the 3 igwe's of the town for disowning him in one of dailies when he tried to change the parish name frm St.theresa's catholic parish to orthodox church.
Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by Chimaroke86(m): 3:19pm On Sep 25, 2013
=Chimaroke86] a Rev. Fr.imprisoned?this is madness, the accusers should jst ask God for forgiveness.......
Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by Chimaroke86(m): 3:25pm On Sep 25, 2013
Youngzedd: ENUGU—A Catholic priest was, yesterday, remanded in prison custody over alleged attack on policemen investigating issues arising from the crisis in his parish in EnuguState.

The priest, who was arraigned alongside three other parishioners, was charged with assault and unlawful attempt to kill one Inspector Cosmos Nzeribe and a team of police officers attached to police headquarters, Enugu.

The Enugu Magistrate’s Court, which remanded the priest was, however, besieged by hundreds of his supporters, who wore long faces as the priest was being taken to the prison.

He was said to be having a running battle with the Bishop of Awgu Catholic Diocese.

Presiding Magistrate, E.M. Egumgbe, remanded the suspects in prison custody, saying that they can apply for bail in a high court.

Counsel to the priest, Ray Nnaji, who spoke with newsmen after the court session, said that his client was sent to prison on trumped up charges.

Nnaji said the policemen beat up the priest after stripping him naked and detained him.

He said: “I have been following this matter for some time.

“We know quite well that beating up the police is condemnable, though the priest has said he has no business with beating the police and did not tell anyone to beat the police.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/09/catholic-priest-in-prison-over-assault-on-policemen/
Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by deebrain(m): 3:28pm On Sep 25, 2013
grin

Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by bebechuks: 3:33pm On Sep 25, 2013
Ok oo
Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by sylve11: 3:41pm On Sep 25, 2013
tiwasiaife: For clarifiacation the priest name is fr. James ani he has occupied his home parish for over 3yrs chasing away the legitimate parish priest. Under catholic norm,a priest is not suppose to serve in his home town but he but he chose to disobey his bishop. This case has lingered for sometime bt the bishop chose to be calm.his fellow priest frm the same town both home and abroad have appealed to him but to no avail. He was ordained since 1992 under late bishop of Enugu diocese Rt.Rev.Dr. M.U Eneja but has remained a problem to the two diocese. Its unfortunate that he has succeeded is causing a problem in his town i must commend the 3 igwe's of the town for disowning him in one of dailies when he tried to change the parish name frm St.theresa's catholic parish to orthodox church.

honestly? cool
Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by AbdulFattah(m): 3:44pm On Sep 25, 2013
nerodenero: Every bad news that one can think of emanates from the Church ranging from sexual assault, murder, ritual and corruption etc. These are devices the devil is using to distract, confuse, gather disciples to hell and discourage people from the assembly of faithfuls. The Church will definitely keep marching on until the last day.

1. Any prophecy from the Bible to bsck this up...? I mean that says this will happen and that is solution.

2. Can't the same apply to other religions too... with evil NEWS emanating from their quarters ?
Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by tiwasiaife(m): 3:45pm On Sep 25, 2013
sylve11:

honestly? cool
Yes. The truth and nothing but the truth.
Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by akor27: 4:01pm On Sep 25, 2013
DonColz1: father forgive them for they know not what they are doing
No respect for the man of God.
Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by pri3stess(f): 4:33pm On Sep 25, 2013
Policewoman: I believe this case should be thoroughly investigated to get to the bottom of the issue. It is not common hearing of a priest assaulting a policeman. Hmmm with all these hidden posts does that make me first to comment? cool
Not quite.
Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by psucc(m): 4:35pm On Sep 25, 2013
I only pity them cos one mass is enough to kill them. But of all our claimed priest, I only trust this ones so honestly I doubt the Police's claims.
Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by nen4: 5:19pm On Sep 25, 2013
WHY A PRIEST?
Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by Chimaroke86(m): 5:25pm On Sep 25, 2013
yes a priest is not meant to serve in his mother parish,if that is the case.................
Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by Carl007: 5:34pm On Sep 25, 2013
Funnicator: My guys said ETT and they were banned.
That's the content of the first 2 hidden comments.
Abeg.........END TIME THINZZZZZZZZ
Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by CongressIsrael: 5:40pm On Sep 25, 2013
Touch not my annointed and do my prophet no harm. Even though, the Spirit of God left Saul, David saw the need not to lay a finger against Saul owing to the fact that Saul was annointed of God and he said '' who shall lay his hand against the LORD'S annointed and not be punished by Him?''. Again, ''shall we continue to sin because grace abounds? God forbid...''', that is if the priest is guilty before God.
Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by Dannylux: 6:08pm On Sep 25, 2013
Those Who assaulted the policemen believed they were doing God's work. The priest probably had nothing to do with it.
Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by SJack(m): 6:23pm On Sep 25, 2013
I hope d police are not being used against the man of God..... Those guys should never be trusted...
Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by Chybeno(f): 6:59pm On Sep 25, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: This story get K-Leg!
Last Bullet:
Priests are not violent people. But this is end time!
A Gorvernor can rrape his state, a President can forcefully disvirgin his country & continue to rrape the citizens at his will. Hm! End Time Tinz
Who beat the Police officer?
Ask google?
hahahahahaha my bro
Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by Baron75: 8:00pm On Sep 25, 2013
Policewoman: I believe this case should be thoroughly investigated to get to the bottom of the issue. It is not common hearing of a priest assaulting a policeman. Hmmm with all these hidden posts does that make me first to comment? cool

Only when you've become a victim of police lies and victimization would you begin to take their stories with a pinch of salt. It is wrong and condemnable for a priest to assault a police officer and vice versa. But what should be found out between the priest and the police is who assaulted the other and what led to it. Believe me, the magistrate may have punished a wrong person. Well shaa! We are watching. I comment my reserve.
Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by NiccoC(m): 8:05pm On Sep 25, 2013
crime goes with punishment. if the reverend father really did what he's accused of, he has to serve his punishment. nobody is above the law and religion should never be an excuse.

btw, what kinda reverend father would do such i'm catholic and in all ma years, i've never heard of such a thing happening
Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by Ezegozie(m): 12:53am On Sep 26, 2013
Henry praise: Dominum Vobiscum

et cum spiritu tuo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Arrested For Using Degbueyi Oviahon's Name To Defraud People In Edo / Usman Ajibola Kidnapped, His Son, Rufai Ajibola Killed In Kogi / Police Parade Suspected Snatchers Of Rivers State Poll Materials(picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.