Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,523 members, 7,914,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 02:18 AM

Love Inequality - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love Inequality (2398 Views)

Gender Inequality From The Lion Pride Perspective / Gender Inequality / The Inequality Of Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love Inequality by dreeldee: 8:49pm On Jun 24, 2008
can you ever be sure i luv you more than you love me?
Re: Love Inequality by sistawoman: 9:01pm On Jun 24, 2008
RedHotChic:

One quick question, will you quit your marriage because your children do not just feel comfortable with their step dad(not that he's a bad person) but your children's wish is that they stay alone with their mama, will you grant their wish putting into consideration the volume of love you have for them?

I would not have married him if my children were not comfortable with him. Children have a rador on these things and trust me my children called it each and everytime. My children LOVE him and trust him and even tell on me when i disobey him.
Re: Love Inequality by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jun 24, 2008
sistawoman:

I would not have married him if my children were not comfortable with him. Children have a rador on these things and trust me my children called it each and everytime. My children LOVE him and trust him and even tell on me when i disobey him.

Is he your father?
Re: Love Inequality by sistawoman: 9:05pm On Jun 24, 2008
Disobey is a like a joke word that him and i throw around at each other. I use it for him and he uses it for me, lol
Re: Love Inequality by RedHotChic(f): 9:05pm On Jun 24, 2008
Children grow everyday and they get matured mentally with age (especially girls). They may wake up one morning to hate the very step dad they use to love dearly . If you find yourself in such situation(God forbid), will you give in to them or will you take your husbands side?
Re: Love Inequality by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jun 24, 2008
one thing i have always known is never to allow my kids come btw me and my husband,no matter what
Re: Love Inequality by sistawoman: 9:06pm On Jun 24, 2008
RedHotChic:

Children grow everyday and they get matured mentally with age (especially girls). They may wake up one morning to hate the very step dad they use to love dearly . If you find yourself in such situation(God forbid), will you give in to them or will you take your husbands side?

My teenagers will hate me when they become teenagers.  I will not just dismiss my husband because my children become teenagers.
Re: Love Inequality by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jun 24, 2008
RedHotChic:

Why would mature people wake up to hate someone all of a sudden? he must have done something to deserve it and even in this case Sista is still right to say children always know more!
Re: Love Inequality by sistawoman: 9:08pm On Jun 24, 2008
jennykadry:

one thing i have always known is never to allow my kids come inbtw me and my husband,no matter what

I would not allow my children to come between us but i will not allow anyone to hurt my children and that is what i mean about them coming first.  It is MY JOB as thier mother to ALWAYS protect them for as long as they are unable to protect themselves.
Re: Love Inequality by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jun 24, 2008
jennykadry:

one thing i have always known is never to allow my kids come between me and my husband,no matter what

True they came later! grin
Re: Love Inequality by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jun 24, 2008
michelin89:

True they came later!  grin

michelin honey no be true i talk  undecided my kids can't come btw my hubby and i ,its not done
Re: Love Inequality by RedHotChic(f): 9:13pm On Jun 24, 2008
I would not allow my children to come between us but i will not allow anyone to hurt my children and that is what i mean about them coming first. It is MY JOB as their mother to ALWAYS protect them for as long as they are unable to protect themselves.
Protecting your kids is way different from mischievous teenage kids trying to get their way because(in most cases) their step dad is a stumbling block to their freewill. Freedom to try drugs, freedom to experiment with sex, stay out late at night etc. teenagers are the greatest liars on earth and if you are not careful with them, you may punish the man in your life because of excessive love for your kids. That is the reason why so many men always have a problem marrying women with kids because if they don't play their cards well, they'll turn to victims of that womans circumstances.
Re: Love Inequality by RedHotChic(f): 9:15pm On Jun 24, 2008
michelin honey no be true i talk Undecided my kids can't come between my hubby and i ,its not done
Me too. As long as he's not abusing them(by abuse, i mean sexually or physically inflicting excruciating pains on them and not if he smacks or whips them). He can whip them in their behind as much as he wishes for all i care. You are better off with no child at all than one spoilt one ,I swear.
Re: Love Inequality by sistawoman: 9:17pm On Jun 24, 2008
RedHotChic:

Protecting your kids is way different from mischievous teenage kids trying to get their way because(in most cases) their step dad is a stumbling block to their freewill. Freedom to try drugs, freedom to experiment with sex, stay out late at night etc. teenagers are the greatest liars on earth and if you are not careful with them, you may punish the man in your life because of excessive love for your kids. That is the reason why so many men always have a problem marrying women with kids because if they don't play their cards well, they'll turn to victims of that womans circumstances.

That is why i said they will hate me as well. They will just wake up one day and i will be the worst person in the world. and it will be what it will be and then they will wake up one day having graduated from collage and i will be the best mom in the world. It is the way of growing up and having done it myself i know what to expect from my children.
Re: Love Inequality by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jun 24, 2008
jennykadry:

michelin honey no be true i talk undecided my kids can't come between my hubby and i ,its not done

Na true ooo! But everything changes when we are talking of step dads! At this point he come later! grin

Well we just have to learn to set our priorities! cheesy
Re: Love Inequality by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jun 24, 2008
As long as d step dad is ok,then no probs,because those same kids will leave u one day to go start up a family,and if i chase my hubby away(that is if hes their step dad) i will be d one that will end up lonely and frustrated,while they will be shagging and enjoying some pettings and pamperings from their lovers/partners

watever happens we should all know how to set right important things and people in our lives
Re: Love Inequality by dreeldee: 9:22pm On Jun 24, 2008
I thought this topic was based on the love between lovers, what has this thread turned to
Re: Love Inequality by RedHotChic(f): 9:46pm On Jun 24, 2008
I thought this was topic was based on the love between lovers, what has this thread turned to
Welcome to nairaland.
Re: Love Inequality by RedHotChic(f): 2:21am On Jun 25, 2008
Na true ooo! But everything changes when we are talking of step dads! At this point he come later! Grin

Well we just have to learn to set our priorities!
No man wants to come later just like no woman would want a man to place his children from another woman before her. I bet you, if he gets a figment of an idea that he's been relegated to the back seat, the exit door will be his next interest. I think that we should first of all be careful of whom we marry if we are already parents, accord the person full respect and as long as the spouse can fit in for the absent parent(or even better), he/she should be placed paramount to the children and their wishes. I've seen women that lost their husbands because they want them to dance not only to their tunes but to their childrens tunes too and most of these kids out here end up either in the street or knocked up by one urchin because their mother was over protective and never allowed the man in her life to help lead them to the right direction. I repeat, I'd rather end up with no child than with one useless one. Whip them, discipline them and do not mercy the rod.
Re: Love Inequality by RedHotChic(f): 2:26am On Jun 25, 2008
Pregnancy Boom at Gloucester High

As summer vacation begins, 17 girls at Gloucester High School are expecting babies—more than four times the number of pregnancies the 1,200-student school had last year. Some adults dismissed the statistic as a blip. Others blamed hit movies like Juno and Knocked Up for glamorizing young unwed mothers. But principal Joseph Sullivan knows at least part of the reason there's been such a spike in teen pregnancies in this Massachusetts fishing town. School officials started looking into the matter as early as October after an unusual number of girls began filing into the school clinic to find out if they were pregnant. By May, several students had returned multiple times to get pregnancy tests, and on hearing the results, "some girls seemed more upset when they weren't pregnant than when they were," Sullivan says. All it took was a few simple questions before nearly half the expecting students, none older than 16, confessed to making a pact to get pregnant and raise their babies together. Then the story got worse. "We found out one of the fathers is a 24-year-old homeless guy," the principal says, shaking his head.

The question of what to do next has divided this fiercely Catholic enclave. Even with national data showing a 3% rise in teen pregnancies in 2006—the first increase in 15 years—Gloucester isn't sure it wants to provide easier access to birth control. In any case, many residents worry that the problem goes much deeper. The past decade has been difficult for this mostly white, mostly blue-collar city (pop. 30,000). In Gloucester, perched on scenic Cape Ann, the economy has always depended on a strong fishing industry. But in recent years, such jobs have all but disappeared overseas, and with them much of the community's wherewithal. "Families are broken," says school superintendent Christopher Farmer. "Many of our young people are growing up directionless."

The girls who made the pregnancy pact—some of whom, according to Sullivan, reacted to the news that they were expecting with high fives and plans for baby showers—declined to be interviewed. So did their parents. But Amanda Ireland, who graduated from Gloucester High on June 8, thinks she knows why these girls wanted to get pregnant. Ireland, 18, gave birth her freshman year and says some of her now pregnant schoolmates regularly approached her in the hall, remarking how lucky she was to have a baby. "They're so excited to finally have someone to love them unconditionally," Ireland says. "I try to explain it's hard to feel loved when an infant is screaming to be fed at 3 a.m."

The high school has done perhaps too good a job of embracing young mothers. Sex-ed classes end freshman year at Gloucester, where teen parents are encouraged to take their children to a free on-site day-care center. Strollers mingle seamlessly in school hallways among cheerleaders and junior ROTC. "We're proud to help the mothers stay in school," says Sue Todd, CEO of Pathways for Children, which runs the day-care center.

But by May, after nurse practitioner Kim Daly had administered some 150 pregnancy tests at Gloucester High's student clinic, she and the clinic's medical director, Dr. Brian Orr, a local pediatrician, began to advocate prescribing contraceptives regardless of parental consent, a practice at about 15 public high schools in Massachusetts. Currently Gloucester teens must travel about 20 miles (30 km) to reach the nearest women's health clinic; younger girls have to get a ride or take the train and walk. But the notion of a school handing out birth control pills has met with hostility. Says Mayor Carolyn Kirk: "Dr. Orr and Ms. Daly have no right to decide this for our children." The pair resigned in protest on May 30.

Gloucester's elected school committee plans to vote later this summer on whether to provide contraceptives. But that won't do much to solve the issue of teens wanting to get pregnant. Says rising junior Kacia Lowe, who is a classmate of the pactmakers': "No one's offered them a better option." And better options may be a tall order in a city so uncertain of its future. —with reporting by Kimberley McLeod/New York

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1815845,00.html

What do you think is responsible for this kind of behaviour? These 17 teenagers sure do not have any home training, thats why they think that getting pregnant is a game. One of them was even knocked up by a homeless man. Imagine?

Lol, Sly will love this kind of contract.
Re: Love Inequality by gabelogan(m): 2:57am On Jun 25, 2008
@ poster

how dyu measure love?
Re: Love Inequality by dreeldee: 3:08am On Jun 25, 2008
gabe_logan:

@ poster

how dyu measure love?

a funnel or weight balance
Re: Love Inequality by gabelogan(m): 3:10am On Jun 25, 2008
i been think sey na with thermometre
Re: Love Inequality by dreeldee: 3:12am On Jun 25, 2008
gabe_logan:

i been think sey na with thermometre

i think say u sef well before grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Love Inequality by tunes2k10(m): 11:14am On Jun 25, 2008
love; what is that, does it actually exist? i have seen and heard pple doing silly things in the name of love, well for me, call love foolishness grin grin grin
the most important thing is you two existing in peace,
more or less of it (love) means one of the party is play the fool cool cool cool
Re: Love Inequality by LetThemSay: 5:10pm On Jun 26, 2008
An elder once told me, it is better for the man to love the woman more. how true this is I DON'T K NOW
Re: Love Inequality by Uby40(m): 6:33pm On Jun 26, 2008
@ poster,

its been scientifically proven that no two people's love cud be equal.
one is attracted to the other cos he/she spoils him or her with ecstatic suprises

and the other is attracted cos of the ways he/she reciprocates such gestures.

in most cases, they keep suprising one another,and the circle continues.

but in my case, i must confess my baby loves my twice the weight i love her, not that i am not really serious with her,
its just because, there are other factors that distracts me.

my job, makes me travel alot, and even when i dont i work althrough weekends

but she's still in college,and she's gat more time to herself than i have for me.

so, thats the way the cookie crumbles.
Re: Love Inequality by Cayon(f): 1:58am On Jul 02, 2008
Can't come up with an answer

(1) (2) (Reply)

Women! if you spot your husband l..? / Most Naija Ladies End Up In The Church In Search For A Life Partner Atter 30. / My Secret Crush - If Only Dreams Come True!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.