Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,710 members, 7,921,540 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 08:13 AM

The Apprentice Africa- A Painfull Ending - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Apprentice Africa- A Painfull Ending (2857 Views)

The Apprentice 2010 / The Apprentice {UK} Thread! / The Apprentice Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Apprentice Africa- A Painfull Ending by IKaca: 10:11pm On Jun 24, 2008
To say I cried, it is an understatement. The Apprentice Africa ended 24th June, 2008. It was a matter of $200,000 job per annum and a brand new car in Nigeria. The ever first Nigeria real business show ended up on a sad note. Hoping that a Nigerian should win the first ever real life show, but it was given to a Ghanaian. In my our opinion, it was given to him on the bases of sentiment just like Big Brother Africa 1, which the winner was given based on her poor background. This is how I see the first ever business show held in Nigeria.I have attached profile of the two last contestant, so my fellow housemate can read and make comment.

Re: The Apprentice Africa- A Painfull Ending by vassilli(m): 12:49am On Jun 25, 2008
I always faulted Mr Shobanjos sense of judgement
He wasn’t rational in evicting
I wonder what dat Nigerian-American was still doing on the show till d end…….
Re: The Apprentice Africa- A Painfull Ending by trillions: 2:12am On Jun 25, 2008
The guy won and he truly deserves it, he played by the rules of the game.
Re: The Apprentice Africa- A Painfull Ending by ehie007(m): 6:44am On Jun 25, 2008
I support the judgment of the officils of The Apprentice, the few times i watched it, the Ghananian was very good, calm, and calculated, the american-nigerian was too desperates thinking her Phonetics wuld make her win, the final event spoke it all, the Ghanaian's show was better off than that of the Nigerian, he followed instructions from the officials. lets not be racist here, the Ghanaian deserves the award.

No long thing shocked shocked grin grin
Re: The Apprentice Africa- A Painfull Ending by CH3COO(m): 6:51am On Jun 25, 2008
Bro, you tabon'd. You said Ghananian. It is Ghanaian.
ehie007:

I support the judgment of the officils of The Apprentice, the few times i watched it, the Ghananian was very good, calm, and calculated, the american-nigerian was too desperates thinking her Phonetics wuld make her win, the final event spoke it all, the Ghanaian's show was better off than that of the Nigerian, he followed instructions from the officials. lets not be racist here, the Ghanaian deserves the award.

No long thing shocked shocked grin grin
Re: The Apprentice Africa- A Painfull Ending by IKaca: 8:19am On Jun 25, 2008
For me it is not a matter of who was better off. Take for example, if you were the HR Manger in a leading bank or an oil company, and you have  friends or a relative who needs a job, would you not consider them first before others, even when they were not the best candidate. For me I will heir them. That is what I expected the CEO to do. No matter what , the Nigerian was already in the final and all that was  needed was to simply say ''YOU ARE HIRED'' that would be all. No matter how she got there, she was already there. At least, just because it is the ever first Nigerian business show and there was a Nigerian in the final, it should have been won by the Nigerian I don't know how you guys feel about it, but that is how I feel. Let us not call it sentiment but papatriotism. If this show was held somewhere else it would have been a different ball game. Guys I don't want you to agree with me, because this is how I feel, and very bad at the final decision. A $200,000 per annum job and a brand new car was won by a Ghanaian on Nigeria soil when there was a Nigerian in the finals. Where has our sensense judgment gone to. In her words '' I did not come here to be number two, but to be the winner, Winning is not everything,but the only thing lipsrsealed lipsrsealed her pics is attach to this message

Re: The Apprentice Africa- A Painfull Ending by trillions: 8:28am On Jun 25, 2008
@ IK aca

one must not judge by sentiment or by emotion, as rightly says the ghanian maintain his kool and was very calculative and atticulate, while the nigerian was so desperate.
Re: The Apprentice Africa- A Painfull Ending by tosyyn: 8:32am On Jun 25, 2008
The guy won and he truly deserves it, he played by the rules of the game,she had issues with making decisions,which is very important.I feel sorry 4 her and wish d best.
Re: The Apprentice Africa- A Painfull Ending by uchetobi(f): 8:51am On Jun 25, 2008
so what if the girl was Nigerian/are you by any chance suggesting that the prize should have been givien based on Nationality? Why then is It the apprentice Africa and not the apprentice Nigeria….pls lets be forward thinking people
Re: The Apprentice Africa- A Painfull Ending by teetalks: 9:28am On Jun 25, 2008
in my Opinion i think there were instance i didnt agree wt Mr Shobanjo
on some Evictions he made during the course of the program,
did anyone see when Nnamdi was evicted, He (Shobanjo) Cliam, was
that Nnamdi was too aggressive as an Apprentice, i was shocked,
was the program not also about being an Agressive result oriented individual
Re: The Apprentice Africa- A Painfull Ending by itswell1: 9:32am On Jun 25, 2008
the guy was better than the babe, we will should stop adding sentiment to issues that should be merit driven.nigeria is what it is 2day because of man know man and not merit,we can never catch up with the developed world or get to the promise land. go to many coys 2day u find pple that dont merit the position they are occupying,
Re: The Apprentice Africa- A Painfull Ending by remmyakins(f): 9:44am On Jun 25, 2008
lets be frank, isaac was the best of all, eunice was just fooling everyone with her accent, she has got so many enemies in the house tooo. isaac was really worth it, and i congratulate him, he deserves it.
Re: The Apprentice Africa- A Painfull Ending by cynthya(f): 10:09am On Jun 25, 2008
@ topic, forget about sentiments here,i watched The Apprentice Africa from the first episode to the last, and judging by the skills required by the Producers of the programme for a contestant to be hired as The Apprentice,i believe it was a well-deserved win by the Ghananian -Isaac. He may appear soft and gentle but there deeply lies a calculative,an articulate,intelligent and a good manager, who has a sense of direction and good judgement.  Infact he has an undisputable good leadership qualities, good listening skills,a self starter,very considerate of others, unlike 'our own' Eunice,with her 'i too know' attitude and never sensitive to other contestants needs all the while she was a Project manager, though i must say that she was really awesome,i admired her aggressive and fighting spirit but being hired as an Apprentice takes a whole lot far from that.
I really enjoyed the programme,it was very decent and educative unlike 'The Big Brother Africa'.

BIG UPS to Bank PHB!!!
Re: The Apprentice Africa- A Painfull Ending by austinooo(m): 10:45am On Jun 25, 2008
Let us be realistic, the decision on who won yesterday was not of Shobanjo but of everybody that were present there including the participants also contributed to the choice of the winner.
Remember last week version where the two advisers gave their views they all went for Isaac and the are nigerians. We should not compromise merit and be running after tribe
Re: The Apprentice Africa- A Painfull Ending by mystie81(f): 11:25am On Jun 25, 2008
HI all, I think we shld stop being sentimental about things. I think this is the reason we employ people that are not well qualified, all b'cos we know them from somewhere.
Please let's cultivate the habit of doing things the right way and shun CORRUPTION!!!!
Eunice shld learn that she can't lead if she can't a cordial relationship with the people she's working with.
Humility might look like a weakness but really it pays to be humble.
This shld be a lesson to us all, instead of complainin.
Thank you! smiley
Re: The Apprentice Africa- A Painfull Ending by Mustay(m): 12:19pm On Jun 25, 2008
Please stop creating multiple threads simply to your air your views.

There's a section titled Journal/Diaries to write about your views.

A thread has been going on for weeks on the apprentice africa, please post there:

The Apprentice Africa
Re: The Apprentice Africa- A Painfull Ending by Geezle(m): 12:59pm On Jun 25, 2008
@ mUSTAY, WE DID NOT SEE UR NAME AS MODERATOR ON THIS FORUM!!!
Re: The Apprentice Africa- A Painfull Ending by Mustay(m): 1:46pm On Jun 25, 2008
It's not only moderators that need to correct you please!

E'one can correct those who didn't study the rules.
Re: The Apprentice Africa- A Painfull Ending by Mustay(m): 1:50pm On Jun 25, 2008
Funny enough, most of you that posted here have registered long ago, but you are not Active Posters undecided
Re: The Apprentice Africa- A Painfull Ending by blaknite: 3:50pm On Jun 25, 2008
I think we should forget patriotism for once and get the moral of the story.

The lesson that should be learnt from Eunice's fate is that you help others on your way up so that they can keep you from falling!

I had not always liked the CEO's choice of who gets fired but I had to agree with him on yesterday's decision (like the live audience did).

Let's give it to Eunice; she had an oustanding communication skill and I think she should be employed into the corporate communications dept. but she definately has a lot of work to do on her attitude. You cannot always slander everybody just because "you've got eyes on the prize". That was her greatest undoing and it was the advantage Isaac needed as you will notice from the evictees' comments and reactions.

Be careful how you treat people .
Re: The Apprentice Africa- A Painfull Ending by AKO1(m): 4:11pm On Jun 25, 2008
Geezle:

@ mUSTAY, WE DID NOT SEE UR NAME AS MODERATOR ON THIS FORUM!!!

And what is wrong with what he said, as opposed to what you said?

Would it make sense for me to open a new thread just to mention this?

Think!
Re: The Apprentice Africa- A Painfull Ending by ChiBabe2(f): 12:41am On Jul 03, 2008
I cant even believe nigeria had an apprentice show! i only heard about the Idol Africa thing just a few months back. Things are looking up for 9ja, for real.

But where can i watch all this stuff? i cant imagine what naija reality tv must look like on screen. Anybody know where i can watch it?
Re: The Apprentice Africa- A Painfull Ending by semid4lyfe(m): 6:07pm On Jul 03, 2008
IK aca,the reasons u put forward for eunice to have been chosen are the dumbest,the silliest and the most sentimental i've heard.(and u say u dont want to be sentimental).what do u call choosing someone as winner just because she is a(tokunbo)nigerian.MERIT?Eunice dull no be small.na breeze full her head.her brain be like abacus-very analog.she just dey take phonetics cover up and worst of all she's bitchy,desperate,very unfriendly and proud.apart from her physique,she doesn't have the attributes of a lady.she also has the problem of managing relationships.even kathleen her best friend in the show wanted isaac to win.she said so in the last task.imagine eunice saying blessing shouldn't be among the last 2 finalist becos she and isaac have a masters and MBA respectively and blessing only a B.sc.Upon all her yankee degrees in economics she no fit define stagflation and lorenz curve, abi dem no teach her for school.after all said and said isaac was by far d better of d 2 candidates.i mean d difference was 7up.
Re: The Apprentice Africa- A Painfull Ending by semid4lyfe(m): 6:38pm On Jul 03, 2008
REMMYAKINS,I disagree with u that isaac was the best of all.left to me he wouldn't have been among the final 3 contestant.my choice would have been nnamdi,joy and eddie but btwn the last 2 contestants,isaac was beta and more intelligent.i rmber a qstn about if u do business with a man 10 times,how many chances do u have 2 impress the man.eunice & blessng said 10 chances.isaac said one which is d correct ans because it is that first impression that will make him come back d remaining 9 times.
To eunice,anything after 1st degree is overskill and not compulsory so don't look down on people with only one degree.even my small bros in ss1 would have defined stagflation and lorenz curve.
Re: The Apprentice Africa- A Painfull Ending by azeezbaba(m): 1:26pm On Jul 10, 2008
I think Isaac deserves to win. Its just that we are too tribalistic in Nigeria. This mentality has to change, please

(1) (Reply)

Lady Publicly Stripped And Disgraced For Wearing Miniskirt In Ghana. / Download Or Stream Prison Break Tv Series / WATCH Eddie Murphy’s Coming To America In Yoruba Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.