Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,555 members, 7,888,786 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 03:11 PM

Redeemer’s University Produces 20 First Class - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Redeemer’s University Produces 20 First Class (11208 Views)

Photo: CCTV Installed In Hostels At Redeemer's University / Twins Emerge With First Class At Redeemer’s University (photos) / Covenant University Produces 95 1st Class (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Redeemer’s University Produces 20 First Class by binachi01(m): 3:39pm On Sep 26, 2013
phtemie: Congrats to them.All you saying "half-baked","glorified Secondary school".e.t.c.You had better stop hating.Is anyone holding you back from attending a private University?..If the students truely deserved the first class,Why would they deprive them of it?..Stop hating pls!

Gbam.that's it.IF THE STUDENTS TRUELY DESERVED THE FIRST CLASS,WHY SHOULD THEY DEPRIVE THEM OF IT.unlike d public schools
Re: Redeemer’s University Produces 20 First Class by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 26, 2013
olrotimi: one word summary, "jargons". Bros english isnt statistics, nxt time try to proof-read ur post b4 throwing it at us. Do u have a problem with fullstops?

Mista man, I undastan the fakt that u cannut undastan my jaguns but sori to tell u, dat gramma no be may language. addires the message an not the messenger, abi u neva ear normal curf b4.

Statistics rule your life everyday, from politics to the stock market.
Re: Redeemer’s University Produces 20 First Class by danny301: 3:53pm On Sep 26, 2013
Jakeattah: All these private uni's and their numerous first class graduates...... I hail o

The mass failure in the public universities in Nigeria is not necessarily a prove of high standards in our public schools.... Many of you are unable to make good grades in public universities because rather than concentrating on your studies you went about looking for things that were not looking for you.... You cannot abandon your studies for cultism, prostitution, thuggery and expect to come out with first class.... Its not anything too big to make good grades either in public or private universities, all you need is to set your priorities aright.... Hard-work and diligence pay in the private sector as well as in the public sector.

2 Likes

Re: Redeemer’s University Produces 20 First Class by WhyAWhy(m): 4:00pm On Sep 26, 2013
Jakeattah: All these private uni's and their numerous first class graduates...... I hail o
You think say na moinmoin to make first class anywhere? Go and make it if it's that easy.. (btw: I graduated from OAU)
Re: Redeemer’s University Produces 20 First Class by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 26, 2013
pet_saint:

Mista man, I undastan the fakt that u cannut undastan my jaguns but sori to tell u, dat gramma no be may language. addires the message an not the messenger, abi u neva ear normal curf b4.

Yes Boss! Jus like d stats indicated that this was ur 93rd post on NL & that yours was the 65th post on the thread. Hope ur day has bn gr8 so far
Re: Redeemer’s University Produces 20 First Class by lemmings(m): 4:38pm On Sep 26, 2013
Wow! Congrats to all of them! Including those who didn't make first class. I can only imagine how it feels to see my name on a first class certificate.

However,it's a private university. One that shelters its students from the harsh reality that awaits them beyond their walls. They are only told of what's outside, but they have no real experience, maybe only few from poor homes who struggled hard to get a place in the university,those whose families struggle to get food on their table. The rest? Might be clueless about the experience of the real nigerian society.

Unlike their counterparts in the Federal schools. Such schools are models of the nigerian society. Mini models. They are after all,federal institutions. Like the ministries and their parastatals. Corruption is rife, the students are exposed to immorality right from their 100level, frustration is an everyday occurence and academic hardship is present. No, federal schools don't have well paid,well motivated lecturers to hold the hands of the students and lead them to academic glory. Nope. No infrastructure. Nothing. Lecturers are actually hostile. Read or fail. Read and still fail. Charles darwins theory has never been more proven. It's survival of the fittest. Fed students are,to me, more prepared to face the outside world.

But what do i know? smiley i'm just a final year student who has been stuck at home for over 3 months,writing his thesis, who's probably going to graduate with a 2:2.

All the best to them though. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Redeemer’s University Produces 20 First Class by abdulahi001: 5:08pm On Sep 26, 2013
sexymoma: Seconded
I blame ASUU
And abbreviations on social networks
Re: Redeemer’s University Produces 20 First Class by Ogomsb2k: 6:14pm On Sep 26, 2013
Hemical: I really don't understand why you should bring obafemi awolowo university into this issue. What point are you trying to make?
i dont knw whether OAU is a sample representative of d entire uni in nigeria
Re: Redeemer’s University Produces 20 First Class by cumz(m): 6:23pm On Sep 26, 2013
Ogomsb2k:
boss... forget... oau is
Re: Redeemer’s University Produces 20 First Class by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:41pm On Sep 26, 2013
Ogomsb2k:
Not really, but the sample representative of the best universities in Nigeria.
Re: Redeemer’s University Produces 20 First Class by atlwireles: 6:53pm On Sep 26, 2013
Kinda worried at the hate towards private schools. Make no mistake, their graduates come prepared for the workplace than most govt. Uni products. If your family can send you to one them, please, take that route. Much better than any govt school.
Re: Redeemer’s University Produces 20 First Class by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 26, 2013
psalmdave: hmmm...i dnt av any take on this but i once had a my teacher back in primary skull who used to tell us that 3rd class graduates of public uni are better than most 1st class holders of private uni.....i want to believe he was lying to us
u kill it all...u re right!
Re: Redeemer’s University Produces 20 First Class by Mikkyboy(m): 8:02pm On Sep 26, 2013
I tire for private unis oooooooo......as if first class na beans.
Re: Redeemer’s University Produces 20 First Class by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 26, 2013
WhyAWhy:

Then I will tell you about a student that finished with a first class in OAU, economics department having never had upto 4.5 in any of his previous years of study. His final grades in the last year in school moved him to exactly 4.5. Do you think lecturers have the time to seat down and begin slashing your results one by one based on their projection that you will or will not have a first class?
so, u re tellin me tht he make 5.0 in is first and second semester of his final year? U re a big idiom....
Re: Redeemer’s University Produces 20 First Class by teoo: 8:06pm On Sep 26, 2013
I trust Futa. 20 first class? Na beans ?
Re: Redeemer’s University Produces 20 First Class by alcuin(m): 8:07pm On Sep 26, 2013
pet_saint:

What is this one saying
Re: Redeemer’s University Produces 20 First Class by umuahiacctv: 9:09pm On Sep 26, 2013
Yungwizzzy: half-baked first class holders
Envy can only stunt you, no more no less.
Re: Redeemer’s University Produces 20 First Class by CaptainKodak(m): 9:13pm On Sep 26, 2013
umuahiacctv: Envy can only stunt you, no more no less.

no lies dere,they're half baked.
Re: Redeemer’s University Produces 20 First Class by Blazeicon: 9:49pm On Sep 26, 2013
end time tins... D 20 1st klaz should cum 2 a.b.u zaria n c
Re: Redeemer’s University Produces 20 First Class by router123(m): 10:13pm On Sep 26, 2013
psalmdave: hmmm...i dnt av any take on this but i once had a my teacher back in primary skull who used to tell us that 3rd class graduates of public uni are better than most 1st class holders of private uni.....i want to believe he was lying to us

Hahaha!!! Hw old are Nigerian private universities and Hw old are u. If I read well u said ur teacher in primary Sch.
Re: Redeemer’s University Produces 20 First Class by alotofgrace(m): 11:52pm On Sep 26, 2013
thats like 2.2 in uniben grin
Re: Redeemer’s University Produces 20 First Class by Mayouree(m): 12:05am On Sep 27, 2013
Why criticising private universities now? Is it in public universities that lecturers wldnt come to class,or where nobody can curb their student harrasment,where u dnt hav condusive classes or better hostel accomodation,and no proper funding nd d likes, unlike private institutions where life will be convinent for u to face ur studies proper and no ASSU today and there after. Come to think of it , its this same ur public lecturers that wld come to private universities as associate and student will still end up having A's but why are those in public universities not geting them? Just because most of them are like 24years old before gainin admission and book no gree enter head again unlike young age u hav in priv. Uni's. So dnt hate on private universities again just pray that ur parent hav money to snd u to a better school because Nigeria is bleeped.. Am a private Uni student and hav won so many awards for my school where other public uni's student like the so called OAU, UNILAG are even among the compitition. So it depends on d individual, thats all.
Re: Redeemer’s University Produces 20 First Class by lanrezion01: 4:15am On Sep 27, 2013
Those that do not celebrate progress will never make progress.

I'm yet to see a very clear difference in Nigerian schools esp the univerisities because they are all recycled,thesame lecturers that teach in private uni's also teach in Fed. Uni's. There are so many students in govt. Uni's fighting for few resources and equipment but that is not so in private uni's.

To be sincere, some years back, a law graduate from Igbinedion university shocked Nigerian law school by graduating with a first class and later proceeded to Harvard and still making waves. Damilola Sunday is the name. Build youself to be good and stop giving glory to any govt. School, the glory is gone.

You are what you make yourself to be not a school.
Re: Redeemer’s University Produces 20 First Class by nijanigga: 5:36am On Sep 27, 2013
Thank God for Prof Tam-David West. How did he described First class in those private Universities again?
Re: Redeemer’s University Produces 20 First Class by Nobody: 9:02am On Sep 27, 2013
Bensonite: 20 first class out of 519 graduands is poor. That represents 4% only. A good school should have upto 10% and no more than 20% to boost of quality teaching and learning. That the failed state and federal universities have far less does not make them better in anyway as we all know the true story why it has always been so.

Thank you sir

All this grand standing is typical of Nigerians. The only proof of a valid education is what you are able to do with it. I attended a federal university and the only benefit I can pick over the private uni is that you are forced to work with all manner of people. My best resource was given to me by a conservative Muslim on who 5 years of evangelism failed.

Back then I walked the campus knowing very well that nobody can victimize me without help from at least someone within a highly diversified university and faculty board. For instance a prof on sabbatical for 4 of my 5 session overruled the faculty stand on lower level retakes. This is what I feel may be missing from the private Universities (the ability to be me, without the assistance of spiritual boards)

We need to change our focus from grades to result. I had an average grade in school, but I have recovered all by showing competence on the Job. So who cares about the grade except that it can give you a good start? I went though a Department of chemistry research and there was no thesis on polyurethane, yet they had 17 professors. That for me is a scam. its time we all smell the coffee and solve real life problems
Re: Redeemer’s University Produces 20 First Class by idris4r83(m): 5:26pm On Sep 27, 2013
pet_saint:

Technically the sure fire pointer to quality her is the normal curve. if the graduating class has some 20 failed/carry over candidates and the total class size is 200. then nobody anywhere can fault the result. otherwise
another musiwa in d making.
Re: Redeemer’s University Produces 20 First Class by idris4r83(m): 6:37pm On Sep 27, 2013
Mayouree: Why criticising private universities now? Is it in public universities that lecturers wldnt come to class,or where nobody can curb their student harrasment,where u dnt hav condusive classes or better hostel accomodation,and no proper funding nd d likes, unlike private institutions where life will be convinent for u to face ur studies proper and no ASSU today and there after. Come to think of it , its this same ur public lecturers that wld come to private universities as associate and student will still end up having A's but why are those in public universities not geting them? Just because most of them are like 24years old before gainin admission and book no gree enter head again unlike young age u hav in priv. Uni's. So dnt hate on private universities again just pray that ur parent hav money to snd u to a better school because Nigeria is bleeped.. Am a private Uni student and hav won so many awards for my school where other public uni's student like the so called OAU, UNILAG are even among the compitition. So it depends on d individual, thats all.
hmmm, UNILAG are even among compitition. With this your grammar u don't even need 2 tell us u graduated from a private university.
Re: Redeemer’s University Produces 20 First Class by idris4r83(m): 7:45pm On Sep 27, 2013
Re: Redeemer’s University Produces 20 First Class by WhyAWhy(m): 12:37am On Sep 16, 2020

so, u re tellin me tht he make 5.0 in is first and second semester of his final year? U re a big idiom....
Yes he did. Don’t call people names just because there experience is not the same as yours. Unless you have facts to dispute my claim

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Check If Your Name Is On JAMB Admission List (JAMB Matriculation List) / FG, ASUU Meet In Abuja / FG Bilateral Scholarship 2016–Ask a Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.