Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,560 members, 7,888,793 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 03:23 PM

AMAZING: Chinese Man Gets New Nose On Forehead After Losing Nose To Accident - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / AMAZING: Chinese Man Gets New Nose On Forehead After Losing Nose To Accident (1765 Views)

Graphic: Mum Finds Three Tumours Under Birthmark On Forehead After It Burst Duri / Amazing Photo: Doctors Grew A New Nose And A Man's Fore Head / Man Grows New Nose In His Arm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

AMAZING: Chinese Man Gets New Nose On Forehead After Losing Nose To Accident by samdavirus: 11:24pm On Sep 25, 2013
Read full gist here: http://www.naijaspice.com/2013/09/chinese-man-gets-new-nose-after-losing.html
[img]http://3.bp..com/-6Jioqiyuh5c/UkM5EbloAGI/AAAAAAACD4k/4WHGvbGTElY/s320/article-2431695-184084E600000578-833_634x422.jpg[/img]
A 22 year old Chinese man named Xiaolian has had a new nose grown on his forehead after loosing his original nose in a car accident. Xiaolian had the treatment to create a replacement for his original nose which was infected and deformed following the accident in 2012. He actually left his damaged nose unattended to after the accident which led to the infection and eventual deformity, leaving the surgeons unable to repair it.

Surgeons in China were left with no option than to create another nose for the man to breathe properly and then transplant it to the original place. The nose was created by placing a skin tissue expander onto Xiaolian’s forehead. This was cut into the shape of a nose and was supported by cartilage taken from the man’s ribs.
Surgeons say that the nose has developed well and that the transplant surgery will be carried out soon
Re: AMAZING: Chinese Man Gets New Nose On Forehead After Losing Nose To Accident by zicol: 11:38pm On Sep 25, 2013
All in china undecided
Re: AMAZING: Chinese Man Gets New Nose On Forehead After Losing Nose To Accident by sagytariusTM1: 11:56pm On Sep 25, 2013
SAUCE
Re: AMAZING: Chinese Man Gets New Nose On Forehead After Losing Nose To Accident by SecretDreams(m): 1:05am On Sep 26, 2013
Nawa o, if its not India, it has to be china, thank God extreme bizarre cases don't happen here.
Re: AMAZING: Chinese Man Gets New Nose On Forehead After Losing Nose To Accident by 3ace(m): 8:15am On Sep 26, 2013
Unbelievable! I pray our surgeons get to this level.
Re: AMAZING: Chinese Man Gets New Nose On Forehead After Losing Nose To Accident by MissJones: 8:29am On Sep 26, 2013
Always made in China or India
Re: AMAZING: Chinese Man Gets New Nose On Forehead After Losing Nose To Accident by 3ace(m): 9:02am On Sep 26, 2013
Secret_Dreams: Nawa o, if its not India, it has to be china, thank God extreme bizarre cases don't happen here.
Seems you didn't read the story or you didn't understand. The nose was deliberately grown on his forehead to be transplanted to the normal place later. They had to do this because of his lackadaisical attitude towards his nose
He actually left his
damaged nose unattended to after the
accident which led to the infection and
eventual deformity, leaving the surgeons
unable to repair it.
If you asked me, I would say bizarre if the nose grew on his forehead by itself.
Re: AMAZING: Chinese Man Gets New Nose On Forehead After Losing Nose To Accident by AbuMikey(m): 10:14am On Sep 26, 2013
Re: AMAZING: Chinese Man Gets New Nose On Forehead After Losing Nose To Accident by 3ace(m): 10:15am On Sep 26, 2013
By the way, why is it taking the mods so long to load the FrontPage this morning? Are they on strike?
Re: AMAZING: Chinese Man Gets New Nose On Forehead After Losing Nose To Accident by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 26, 2013
Why did they fix the nose in that funny upside down position?

It looks ridiculous, water is going to enter his nose when he is bathing and when he is under the rain.

1 Like

Re: AMAZING: Chinese Man Gets New Nose On Forehead After Losing Nose To Accident by legalwealth(m): 1:38am On Dec 03, 2014
Why did they fix the nose in that funny upside down position?

It looks ridiculous, water is going to enter his nose when he is bathing and when he is under the rain.

That was what came to my mind as soon as I set my eye on the nose.

(1) (Reply)

Hygiene Tips During Menstruation / Please Assist Me With The Interpretation(ecg Test) / Know Your Genotype And Blood Group Compability

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.