Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,643 members, 7,979,188 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 10:41 PM

Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? (27899 Views)

Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award / Queen Asisat Oshoala Crowned Bbc Women Footballer Of The Year / Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by Kellychukadibbs(m): 2:01am On Sep 30, 2013
Truth be told....CAF has robbed nigeria of this award so many times, notably Austin Jay jay Okocha....so if Mikel is given the award, its a bad thing. Yaya toure is good but he won nothing last season, while Mikel won the Europa league, yaya toure lost a match to eventual AFCON 2013 glory boy, Obi Mikel...so, how again them wnt take judge am?
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by omar22(m): 10:46am On Sep 30, 2013
With the criteria people are looking at then Victor Moses has a better chance of winning the title than Mikel because he was the player of the tournament, he scored goals he was one of Chelsea's best player in the Europa league. but in General from January to date it has to be Yaya Toure
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by Sagamite(m): 11:54am On Sep 30, 2013
Kellychukadibbs: Truth be told....CAF has robbed nigeria of this award so many times, notably Austin Jay jay Okocha....so if Mikel is given the award, its a bad thing. Yaya toure is good but he won nothing last season, while Mikel won the Europa league, yaya toure lost a match to eventual AFCON 2013 glory boy, Obi Mikel...so, how again them wnt take judge am?

How did Mikel win Europa League or AFCON?

Please show me where.
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by omar22(m): 12:57pm On Sep 30, 2013
Sagamite:

How did Mikel win Europa League or AFCON?

Please show me where.

I dont know your wasting your time, The last time I checked Victor Moses was the MVP at the tournament and he was in the same squad that won the Europa league! but it doesnt change the fact that Yaya Toure to me is the best player. When Nigeria won the Nations cup in 1994 the whole world saw that we won it because of one player and that was the Lt Rasheed Yekini. the 2013 team was won because of one man, and only Moses stood out. Everyone jumping on the Mikel bandwagon need to rethink what they are saying!
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by striker9(m): 12:01pm On Oct 01, 2013
omar22:

I dont know your wasting your time, The last time I checked Victor Moses was the MVP at the tournament and he was in the same squad that won the Europa league! but it doesnt change the fact that Yaya Toure to me is the best player. When Nigeria won the Nations cup in 1994 the whole world saw that we won it because of one player and that was the Lt Rasheed Yekini. the 2013 team was won because of one man, and only Moses stood out. Everyone jumping on the Mikel bandwagon need to rethink what they are saying!
Moses had ONE good season with Chelsea and you think he already has an edge over mikel that has been CONSISTENT for years,did you watch Mikel play against barca and bayern?.Moses couldn't even break through the first team in chelsea,because he couldn't compete.Moses is a contender,but don't put him ahead of Mikel because he had ONE good season.Thanks!
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by Sagamite(m): 12:34pm On Oct 01, 2013
striker9: Moses had ONE good season with Chelsea and you think he already has an edge over mikel that has been CONSISTENT for years,did you watch Mikel play against barca and bayern?.Moses couldn't even break through the first team in chelsea,because he couldn't compete.Moses is a contender,but don't put him ahead of Mikel because he had ONE good season.Thanks!

I don't think, I might be wrong though, the award is called a "African Footballer Lifetime Achievement" award. It is called "African Footballer of the Year" award.
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by omar22(m): 12:35pm On Oct 01, 2013
striker9: Moses had ONE good season with Chelsea and you think he already has an edge over mikel that has been CONSISTENT for years,did you watch Mikel play against barca and bayern?.Moses couldn't even break through the first team in chelsea,because he couldn't compete.Moses is a contender,but don't put him ahead of Mikel because he had ONE good season.Thanks!

The last time I checked we were talking about 2013, we are talking about this ONE GOOD SEASON, or have their ever been an award given out based on what happened the previous years? look we are talking from January this year to date? and the proof is in the pudding? Victor has been light years better than Mikel in the last 9 calender months and remember 2013 hasnt finished Moses is a regular for Liverpool, Mikel is a bench warmer at Chelsea!
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by wandevincent(m): 12:38pm On Oct 01, 2013
olrotimi: bros did u rili hv to quote d entire article jus to say that? U dey occupy space na, u kow say some of us are stil using 3310
Sorry God will provide and upgrade you so u can get a better phone
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by striker9(m): 5:58pm On Oct 01, 2013
omar22:

The last time I checked we were talking about 2013, we are talking about this ONE GOOD SEASON, or have their ever been an award given out based on what happened the previous years? look we are talking from January this year to date? and the proof is in the pudding? Victor has been light years better than Mikel in the last 9 calender months and remember 2013 hasnt finished Moses is a regular for Liverpool, Mikel is a bench warmer at Chelsea!
Mikel a bench warmer?now I know what's up.
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by dodoisk(m): 11:45am On Oct 02, 2013
yes he devise it.
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by Sagamite(m): 11:47am On Oct 02, 2013
dodoisk: yes he devise it.

Really? grin

When did he devise it? grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

UEFA Champions League: Clubs Kick Against New Reforms / Nigerias All Time Highest Goals Chart: Osimhen Moves To Fourth / Napoli President Sets €200m Price Tag On Osimhen, Says "Only PSG Can Afford Him"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.