Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,819 members, 7,966,019 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 07:22 AM

Life Expectancy Depends On Your Location - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Life Expectancy Depends On Your Location (14910 Views)

Why Do You Stalk And Monitor People As If Your Life Depends On It? / Your Future Depends On God, Not Perfume, Get It Right. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life Expectancy Depends On Your Location by riskit33: 11:24pm On Sep 26, 2013
So you guys can actually read those tiny prints on that miniature diagram.
Talk about the bat's sight. I salute your eyes!
Re: Life Expectancy Depends On Your Location by pekelepekele(m): 11:29pm On Sep 26, 2013
Wanna live long? Go back to your village. A place where all cooks are fresh and raw . I had a taste of a soup with fresh vegetable , fresh bush meat , fresh pepper and salt from the river without maggi in my village last year .

I must confess i felt like a superman after eating the soup with pounded yam not poundo yam.

Village life will make you live longer

3 Likes

Re: Life Expectancy Depends On Your Location by nerodenero: 11:35pm On Sep 26, 2013
iamswizz: You say Location... I say Grace of God.
Well said!
Re: Life Expectancy Depends On Your Location by Nobody: 11:35pm On Sep 26, 2013
It does unfortunately. We are better off being born Norwegian, cultured like the Japanese, eating like the Mediterranean but actually living in the Caribbean...

We can not have it all, but we can strive for improvements. Live your location, live undecided
Re: Life Expectancy Depends On Your Location by albacete(m): 11:37pm On Sep 26, 2013
Let the life in your years matter, not the years in ur life.
Re: Life Expectancy Depends On Your Location by albacete(m): 11:44pm On Sep 26, 2013
^^ if mukina cash u ....
Re: Life Expectancy Depends On Your Location by Nobody: 12:54am On Sep 27, 2013
African countries have a high infant mortality rate, hence the lower life expectancy. Nigeria is the best example of this as our infant mortality rate is the highest in the world.

At early adulthood your life expectancy is somewhat closer to that in richer nations.
Re: Life Expectancy Depends On Your Location by Watermelon(m): 1:03am On Sep 27, 2013
nnenna.1:
African countries have a high infant mortality rate, hence the lower life expectancy. Nigeria is the best example of this as our infant mortality rate is the highest in the world.

At early adulthood your life expectancy is somewhat closer to that in richer nations.

You and your bedroom statistics., where will you place India, Pakistan, China, and Afghanistan?
Re: Life Expectancy Depends On Your Location by ThaProphet(m): 1:21am On Sep 27, 2013
"There are 3 types of lies; lies, damned lies and statistics" - ?
Re: Life Expectancy Depends On Your Location by Nobody: 1:23am On Sep 27, 2013
who wants to live that long?
Re: Life Expectancy Depends On Your Location by claremont(m): 2:57am On Sep 27, 2013
Life expectancy doesn't directly correlate with happiness, and happiness is an intangible variable that is quite difficult to measure statistically. A man can live long and still be unhappy.
Re: Life Expectancy Depends On Your Location by mrofficial(m): 3:13am On Sep 27, 2013
Africa, wake up!
Re: Life Expectancy Depends On Your Location by segzicres(m): 3:35am On Sep 27, 2013
I'm not surprised to be honest but I expect south africa's stats to be higher. :s I do think that's the best country in africa.
Re: Life Expectancy Depends On Your Location by Nobody: 4:10am On Sep 27, 2013
Nigeria's life expectancy continues to get lower.
It was about 55 during to mid to late nineties.

I believe the true life expectancy today is closer to 35
Re: Life Expectancy Depends On Your Location by Nobody: 4:24am On Sep 27, 2013
[quote author=pekelepekele]Wanna live long? Go back to your village. A place where all cooks are fresh and raw . I had a taste of a soup with fresh vegetable , fresh bush meat , fresh pepper and salt from the river without maggi in my village last year .

I must confess i felt like a superman after eating the soup with pounded yam not poundo yam.

Village life will make you live longer
[quote] You have a point. Many people in Nigeria do live long.
Re: Life Expectancy Depends On Your Location by Nobody: 4:54am On Sep 27, 2013
Flytefalls: It does unfortunately. We are better off being born Norwegian, cultured like the Japanese, eating like the Mediterranean but actually living in the Caribbean...

We can not have it all, but we can strive for improvements. Live your location, live undecided
A few weeks ago, I watched a short documentary (about 15mins long) on tv about one small Japanese village whose residents not only live long, but look younger for their age and they don't get sick. I don't remember which Japanese food they ate, but I think it was high in borage oil, if I remember correctly. Many of the foods they eat are grown and they don't eat any meat. I've been considering giving up meat lately, even before coming across that doc, but it's such a hard thing to do. / :
Re: Life Expectancy Depends On Your Location by badmeat(m): 5:16am On Sep 27, 2013
The day Nigeria separates!we will Live longer
Re: Life Expectancy Depends On Your Location by dheaven: 5:33am On Sep 27, 2013
People in Nigeria live longer than most of this country that claim they are better, just that Nigeria does not have a data base of people living in it. Many people does not even know their Birthay. Most record in Nigeria is -Them Say
Re: Life Expectancy Depends On Your Location by rusep: 6:11am On Sep 27, 2013
okosodo: Notice that all islamic countries have short life span. See what jihad has done

Your eagerness to attack Islam would not allow you to read before making comment. Qatar that is number one for men is not a Muslim country abi?
Re: Life Expectancy Depends On Your Location by dasparrow: 7:06am On Sep 27, 2013
@Post

The reason people in advanced countries live longer is because they have access to better healthcare. When healthcare delivery is poor, what do you expect? Look at how many women are still dying during childbirth in Nigeria? Look at the number of Nigerians who loose their lives in road accidents each year due to bad roads or because many Nigerians drive recklessly or while under the influence of alcohol. Look at the number of widows in Nigerian society. So I am not surprised that life expectancy in Nigeria especially is low. Besides, some countries are more stressful to live in than others.

One also has to take into account that not all people live long in advanced societies either. Many westerners are addicted to hard drugs like cocaine, ecstasy, marijuana and the likes and they end up dying of drug overdose. Others die of gunshot wounds especially in USA where guns are easily accessible and end up getting into the hands of the wrong people. Murder rates are very high in places like Chicago, Illinois, USA for instance. Lastly, black people in advanced nations still don't live as long as their white counterparts. Probably the stress of having to keep experiencing racism is enough to lower a black person's life expectancy rate as well.

At the end of the day, if God says you will live to celebrate your 100th birthday, no mere mortal can stop that from happening.
Re: Life Expectancy Depends On Your Location by Nobody: 7:37am On Sep 27, 2013
80 years. Not bad. But I shall live longer IJN. cool
Re: Life Expectancy Depends On Your Location by eluquenson(m): 8:18am On Sep 27, 2013
This is just a mere fallacy & its not suffice to say the statistic is real...I guess just for fun grin
Re: Life Expectancy Depends On Your Location by nickz(m): 8:19am On Sep 27, 2013
riskit33: So you guys can actually read those tiny prints on that miniature diagram.
Talk about the bat's sight. I salute your eyes!
my eyeballs were almost in physical contact with myscreen shocked ,I'll try 'googling' a larger one
Re: Life Expectancy Depends On Your Location by kolamilan(m): 8:46am On Sep 27, 2013
too many posts hidden why ?
Re: Life Expectancy Depends On Your Location by Stone123(m): 8:58am On Sep 27, 2013
Life expectancy do depends on locations but natural forces plays a significant role
Re: Life Expectancy Depends On Your Location by LEXYCOM: 9:09am On Sep 27, 2013
With long life will my God satisfy me...
Re: Life Expectancy Depends On Your Location by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 27, 2013
claremont: Life expectancy doesn't directly correlate with happiness, and happiness is an intangible variable that is quite difficult to measure statistically. A man can live long and still be unhappy.

posting on nairaland doesn't correlate to intelligence. just like the b.s you just posted.

how can an average man be happy in a poverty stricken country?. By hoping on religion that some miraculous day will come and he will become rich overnight?
Re: Life Expectancy Depends On Your Location by ifebosco: 10:00am On Sep 27, 2013
50calibre: After someone tells me Africa isn't cursed. Just look at that map, and see how Africa is in all Red.

Why always Africa, yet the continent is populated with religious zealots. It gets to a certain point, people should begin to question the necessity of religion.

on point

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Origin: History Of Yahoo Boys / Why Do Some Women Want More Kids? / I Was Raped Tonight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.