Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,408 members, 7,901,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 12:35 AM

My Frustration As A Musician – Baba Fryo - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / My Frustration As A Musician – Baba Fryo (627 Views)

How To Get The Connections You Need As A Musician / Baba Fryo:drug, ‘yahoo Boys’ Have Taken Over Music / My Frustration As A Musician--- Baba Fryo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Frustration As A Musician – Baba Fryo by eluquenson(m): 7:52am On Sep 27, 2013
Denge Pose crooner Baba Fryo is still around, very much around. Our reporter recently caught up with him in Tedi Village in Ojo Local government area of Lagos and what could you expect? One of Ajegunle’s finest bared it all. Excerpts:

WHAT is happening to Baba Fryo?

I am living a very simple life and trying to re-arrange myself since my last record label O’jez Music, frustrated me. I am trying to pick up myself again. If you listen to Peter Tosh in one of his songs he said: “I got to pick up myself, dust myself up, and start all over again.” So, I just want to start all over again as if I have not done music at all. I have some beautiful tracks right now. I will release one on air as a single.

What do you mean exactly by being frustrated?

My album was delayed for three years. Is that not frustration? Already I have taken my mind off music. I was made to feel as if I am no longer doing music again. He didn’t make me feel as if I am still in the industry.

What were the terms of the contract?

For me, I refused to sign any contract when time has been far spent. It took them three years to draft a contract as against when I started with them spanning one to three years. You are now asking me to sign a contract. I am not a baby in this industry. That is why today, artistes pay for their songs to be on CD compilation and also pay the marketer to sell their music. The music industry is already corrupt. It has cancer for now.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/09/frustration-musician-baba-fryo/

Re: My Frustration As A Musician – Baba Fryo by Nobody: 8:18am On Sep 27, 2013
never say die.
Re: My Frustration As A Musician – Baba Fryo by homesteady(m): 8:22am On Sep 27, 2013
#yawns!
Abeg who'll buy his CD? grin
Re: My Frustration As A Musician – Baba Fryo by Nobody: 8:44am On Sep 27, 2013
Silly excuse..

(1) (Reply)

Chris Brown Pulls Out Of New York Concert With Danity Kane,a Must Read..... / ALERT:: 9ice Warns Bloggers Not To Upload His Songs On Their Blogs / Http://mitnids..com/2013/12/final-photograph-of-fast-furious-star.html

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.