Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,143 members, 7,880,581 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:37 PM

Can Resignation Letter(s) Be Rejected - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can Resignation Letter(s) Be Rejected (19442 Views)

I Want To Write A Resignation Letter / Check Out This Resignation Letter (photo) / Man's Resignation Letter Written On A Cake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Resignation Letter(s) Be Rejected by josite: 4:59pm On Sep 27, 2013
it all depends on your terms of employment.of course if you did not resign according to your contract,it stands rejected.but even if it is rejected you can still leave the company as the principle is that no one can be compelled to work for anybody but you are liable to be sued or penalized for resigning in breach of your contract. Please send my fee to my account. This is the real position.any other variant,na lie.
Re: Can Resignation Letter(s) Be Rejected by kamssydaisy(f): 5:01pm On Sep 27, 2013
With the present situation of this country in d aspect of Employment, i dnt think it can b rejected... because d minute u leave some else takes your place...so the employer won't ve 2 reject your letter...But if it is 2 b rejected den it might b because of the agreement u had with the company or employer.
Re: Can Resignation Letter(s) Be Rejected by AGgal(f): 5:02pm On Sep 27, 2013
My boss just rejected a colleague's resignation letter. Reason being that he didn't notify him early enough to enable him get a replacement.
Re: Can Resignation Letter(s) Be Rejected by vivaciousvivi(f): 5:06pm On Sep 27, 2013
Denn:

Post ten possible topic headers of your own here to prove you are not silly.....in addition, you can explain to us why you think a valid employment issue is deemed silly.

I do not need to post 10, 50 or 500 possible or impossible topics that may or may not ,make front page here to prove ANYTHING to you.
How can an employee type a resignation letter and send it to management (either HR or ditrectly to his / her boss) and expect it to ALWAYS be approved Are all reasons for resigning a post negative And u have the guts to mention the word "silly" to me.
Re: Can Resignation Letter(s) Be Rejected by joshuaidibia(m): 5:08pm On Sep 27, 2013
Former president of U.S.A, PRESIDENT WAYNE PARMER rejected his sec of Defence resignation letter.
Re: Can Resignation Letter(s) Be Rejected by joshuaidibia(m): 5:11pm On Sep 27, 2013
vivacious vivi:

I do not need to post 10, 50 or 500 possible or impossible topics that may or may not ,make front page here to prove ANYTHING to you.
How can an employee type a resignation letter and send it to management (either HR or ditrectly to his / her boss) and expect it to ALWAYS be approved Are all reasons for resigning a post negative And u have the guts to mention the word "silly" to me.
aunty sOlly o!
Re: Can Resignation Letter(s) Be Rejected by Exponental(m): 5:13pm On Sep 27, 2013
vivacious vivi: What a stupid question! tongue
what makes it stupid?
Tell us wat u know so we know if u av an idea abt ur argument.
Re: Can Resignation Letter(s) Be Rejected by nenergy(m): 5:14pm On Sep 27, 2013
My colleague told me how the logistics/operations officer at his former workplace resigned. The MD sharpaly increased his pay and gave him Murano. The guy still left. Classic!

1 Like

Re: Can Resignation Letter(s) Be Rejected by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 27, 2013
I dropped my resignation letter yesterday and paid back a month salary in lieu of 30 days resignation notice.
Got a better job though, but paying back a month salary was bit traumatic.
Re: Can Resignation Letter(s) Be Rejected by lavivifubs: 5:46pm On Sep 27, 2013
Sometime in 2009, I was fed up with an issue in my employment, so I tendered my resignation letter. It was rejected. I was called and spoken to by my boss and the anomaly taken care of.

2 Likes

Re: Can Resignation Letter(s) Be Rejected by tit(f): 6:01pm On Sep 27, 2013
lavivifubs: Sometime in 2009, I was fed up with an issue in my employment, so I tendered my resignation letter. It was rejected. I was called and spoken to by my boss and the anomaly taken care of.

Thanks Lavi for this post. it may be rejected if a solution to your reasons may be found.
Your employer may actually reject your resignation if in doing so you are taking responsibility for a fault that was not entirely yours.
Re: Can Resignation Letter(s) Be Rejected by Denn(m): 6:18pm On Sep 27, 2013
vivacious vivi:

My Lord, I have no further questions for the witness...

1 Like

Re: Can Resignation Letter(s) Be Rejected by tefund(m): 6:21pm On Sep 27, 2013
[quote author=dapy.d]Pls guys, want to know your opinion. Can a employer reject an employee's resignation letter.
If possible, on what grounds? Thanks[/quo

never!!
Re: Can Resignation Letter(s) Be Rejected by Nosnos(f): 6:24pm On Sep 27, 2013
Re: Can Resignation Letter(s) Be Rejected by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:39pm On Sep 27, 2013
Denn:

My Lord, I have no further questions for the witness...

Good.
Re: Can Resignation Letter(s) Be Rejected by aijaydiva(f): 7:34pm On Sep 27, 2013
Resignation letters can definitely be rejected especially wen d emplyee has imparted alot in the company or organisation.
Sometimes submitting a resignation letter could be used as a tool to get wat u want especially wen u know that ur employer knows ur worth.
Re: Can Resignation Letter(s) Be Rejected by Caseless: 7:49pm On Sep 27, 2013
frudokafor: Yes it can based on what Darrysoh said
@caseless,I guess you dont know how scarce good experience is
i knw, but do we really build our staffs in that capacity(exprience)?
Re: Can Resignation Letter(s) Be Rejected by Caseless: 7:51pm On Sep 27, 2013
life_style:

Agreed but the question is can they do the Job ? undecided
this is another qstion begging for an answer.
Re: Can Resignation Letter(s) Be Rejected by saintgwizard(m): 8:30pm On Sep 27, 2013
frudokafor: Yes it can based on what Darrysoh said
@caseless,I guess you dont know how scarce good experience is

No matter your level of experience, nobody is indispensible, tthousand are as good as you are, but you got the opporttuniity, so use it wisely.
Re: Can Resignation Letter(s) Be Rejected by psucc(m): 9:14pm On Sep 27, 2013
sucess001: Legally...no

Not even a bond can force you to work for someone.

It is against labour laws. The worst any bond can do is to make you pay some sort of compensation to your employer...

Mr. Lawyer before you ill-advice him, if you are under any bond to your employer to serve him for a period, you must serve the period, or pay him in lieu of you service.
Re: Can Resignation Letter(s) Be Rejected by tareigns(m): 10:21pm On Sep 27, 2013
Y not? In ur dream sha...
Re: Can Resignation Letter(s) Be Rejected by Nobody: 12:09am On Sep 28, 2013
Yeah, my last boss was wicked. He liked forcing workers to resign or get sacked. When i resigned surprisingly to him, he did not release him. I decided to start making professional and intellectual trouble. He was frustrated and accepted my letter officially.
Fazhy: YES, If the boss wants to punish you. He will then fire you. It will be on record that you are sacked from your last place of work.
Re: Can Resignation Letter(s) Be Rejected by agog: 6:54am On Sep 28, 2013
NO. Even if you are bonded you can still leave. You will only be required to pay the bond price. It happen to me in my former workplace (bank). I was bonded with 2 million for 2 years but I got a better offer after 8 months. I contacted the HOUR and they ask me to pay the porated bond amount ( for the remaining unused months).
DarryOsh: yeah, i suppose it can be rejected if u are bonded to your employer(i.e there is a prior official agreement that you cannot leave during a specified period of time)

1 Like

Re: Can Resignation Letter(s) Be Rejected by ElijahOguns: 7:12am On Sep 28, 2013
Yes it happen to me twise, West African portland cement reject my resination lether when I pesist I was told to bring a replacement. Federal Institute of Ind research pay my salary for six month want me to come back at last I find them a replacement.1988,1991.
Re: Can Resignation Letter(s) Be Rejected by ijemomo(m): 7:17am On Sep 28, 2013
Under Labour law the ans is NO! U v d right to leave when u chose! However, u can seek a legal advise. Good luck
Re: Can Resignation Letter(s) Be Rejected by J9Masano: 8:13am On Sep 28, 2013
Re: Can Resignation Letter(s) Be Rejected by papindinho(m): 8:40am On Sep 28, 2013
wellmax: Yes, depends on the situation.
A guy had a brawl with my boss, next day he resigned and it was rejected.
He was dismissed instead.
that warranted summary dismissal
Re: Can Resignation Letter(s) Be Rejected by adaye: 9:25am On Sep 28, 2013
Fazhy: YES, If the boss wants to punish you. He will then fire you. It will be on record that you are sacked from your last place of work.

Sorry but not true. Every resignation letter has an effective date. Your employer must respond (accept or reject) prior to that date. A non response is acceptance and the employee is free to leave on that date since he has formally notified his employer. The employer can only reject if the notice voids the employment contracts notice period or the employee is under investigation for fraud/theft. Should this not be the case and the employer rejects the resignation only to fire the employee without cause the employee can reject the termination and leave.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Can Resignation Letter(s) Be Rejected by Isodice: 2:27pm On Sep 28, 2013
caseless: If u have taken that step in a rush by tendering ur resignation and expecting them to reject it, then ur way far cos they'r a gonna accept it like it is a birthday gift. If u ar about to do that, i advice ; 'don't'. If they ar gonna reject ur resig letter, it means u are instrumental to organisation or perhaps, they'r enjoying some 'cheap labour' frm you and this is rare occurence. They wont even reject it knowing how many graduates ar out there longing for dat job.
wise up against that mentality...thousands of jobs are here in nigeria, maybe u r not seeing it or not looking in the right places. When we bug our mentality with the no-job-thing after school, it weighs us down and frustrates, even the urge to concentrate on studies vanishes and in total making it seem as if you have to struggle 'extremely' hard to survive in nigeria while its NOT true

1 Like

Re: Can Resignation Letter(s) Be Rejected by Isodice: 2:37pm On Sep 28, 2013
dapy.d:
Pls guys, want to know your opinion. Can a employer reject an employee's resignation letter.
If possible, on what grounds? Thanks
it can only be totally rejected when you are bonded to your employer,otherwise it can't be rejected instead they will try to negotiate with you (that's when your services is what they can't do without) in terms of maybe to increase your pay or to grease the already stated terms of services or working conditions
Re: Can Resignation Letter(s) Be Rejected by Caseless: 5:54pm On Sep 28, 2013
Isodice: wise up against that mentality...thousands of jobs are here in nigeria, maybe u r not seeing it or not looking in the right places. When we bug our mentality with the no-job-thing after school, it weighs us down and frustrates, even the urge to concentrate on studies vanishes and in total making it seem as if you have to struggle 'extremely' hard to survive in nigeria while its NOT true
spot-on! U get head. I was tryin to paint d general picture in my post anyway.
Re: Can Resignation Letter(s) Be Rejected by meetgaya: 9:43am On Sep 30, 2013
djojo: it can be rejected base on the below mention
1, if an employee is under investigation,maybe on fraudulent charges
2, if there is lay down agreement between the two team (employee and the employer) when recruiting,
3, if the employee have values or is a guruu on the aspect he manage, the employer will reject his resignature
you have said it all.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Got A Job Two Months After Service. / Italian Hospital Worker Accused Of Skipping Job For 15 YEARS STRAIGHT / Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.