Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,692 members, 7,948,574 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 04:22 AM

What Are You Currently Studying And What Do You Hope To Be In Future? - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Are You Currently Studying And What Do You Hope To Be In Future? (19728 Views)

10 Signs That Shows You Hate The Course You Are Currently Studying / Are You Really Satisfied With What You're Currently Studying???? / Are You Currently Studying What You Said You'ld Study In Primary Sch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are You Currently Studying And What Do You Hope To Be In Future? by rottable(m): 11:42pm On Sep 30, 2013
well, i am studying social studies, hope someday i will become a social worker like charities work, work in school as teacher or work in big companies . SO HELP ME GOD

1 Like

Re: What Are You Currently Studying And What Do You Hope To Be In Future? by Azboy34(m): 12:18am On Oct 01, 2013
rottable: well, i am studying social studies, hope someday i will become a social worker like charities work, work in school as teacher or work in big companies . SO HELP ME GOD
Amin may God help U̶̲̥̅̊ nd me cus i intend to social studies /Yoruba bt am going †☺ βε̲̣ specialize in Education and Yoruba as my Degree programme. Finally, am going †☺ become a YORUBA lecturer or a professor. I Luv YORUBA LANGUAGE.
Re: What Are You Currently Studying And What Do You Hope To Be In Future? by Nobody: 12:20am On Oct 01, 2013
I

3 Likes

Re: What Are You Currently Studying And What Do You Hope To Be In Future? by Azboy34(m): 12:26am On Oct 01, 2013
fineboy2: I was moved to tears while reading most of the comments here. Great dreams I must say and I pray each and everyone of us realises his/her dream. I have dreams just like everyone who have commented on this post but I think I might not actualise my dreams any time soon.

My dream was to become a Finance Expert, having my own Private Equity/Venture Capital firm to provide debt and/or equity mode of financing for small/mid sized companies in Nigeria and Africa. This dream made me to apply for Economics in one of our universities and later go for a Masters in Finance. I was already making plans to apply as an Intern in any finance house in Nigeria immediately after my graduation. I've written my C.V and Cover Letter then.

My problem started when I had a spill over after writing my final exam in May (I'm not an unserious student neither am I the most intelligent but I'm incredibly smart but somethings happen and we wonder how they happen). I feltsad when my mates were graduating on June 1st and I wasn't part of the ceremony.

I've moved on with my life after that ugly incident and I look forward to going back to school to complete my extra year. My school resumed in August (we are not on strike) and up till today I've not been able to pay my school fees. I don't know where to start from and I feel like all hope is lost but I believe God still have better plans for me.

I pray none of you will experience this ugly incident as you work towards achieving your respective dreams.
Amin thumma amin, don't lose Hope bro. U̶̲̥̅̊ can still achieve U̶̲̥̅̊я dreams. It z well!

1 Like

Re: What Are You Currently Studying And What Do You Hope To Be In Future? by Nobody: 12:49am On Oct 01, 2013
T

1 Like

Re: What Are You Currently Studying And What Do You Hope To Be In Future? by Azboy34(m): 1:13am On Oct 01, 2013
fineboy2:

Thanks. I really appreciate.
U are welcome.
Re: What Are You Currently Studying And What Do You Hope To Be In Future? by Azboy34(m): 1:19am On Oct 01, 2013
We all got great mission and ambition. May God help us in achieving our dreams(amin). All we av to do is to be prayerful and focus on our dreams. It z well!
Re: What Are You Currently Studying And What Do You Hope To Be In Future? by Fkforyou(m): 2:15am On Oct 01, 2013
Studying Chemical Engineering and I want to be more than Mukesh Ambani in the nearest future...I will be satisfied the day my picture is on the cover page of Forbes Magazine...also If God wills,I want to feed as much people as I can esp.children in wore torn countries like sudan,somalia e.t.c...I feel their pain each time I see them on aljazeera news channel.
Re: What Are You Currently Studying And What Do You Hope To Be In Future? by Maygold30: 6:25am On Oct 01, 2013
I would like to become a graphic analyst in the future
Re: What Are You Currently Studying And What Do You Hope To Be In Future? by Lateef9961(m): 6:55am On Oct 01, 2013
Currently aspiring 4 veterinary medicine in a.b.u zaria,bt b4 dix yr runx awt,i wil b called docter adebisi adewale,by then insha Allah i wil v bcum a bonafied veterinary stdnt of a.b.u zaria.
Amen.

2 Likes

Re: What Are You Currently Studying And What Do You Hope To Be In Future? by Lateef9961(m): 6:55am On Oct 01, 2013
Azboy34: We all got great mission and ambition. May God help us in achieving our dreams(amin). All we av to do is to be prayerful and focus on our dreams. It z well!
Re: What Are You Currently Studying And What Do You Hope To Be In Future? by Lateef9961(m): 6:56am On Oct 01, 2013
Azboy34: We all got great mission and ambition. May God help us in achieving our dreams(amin). All we av to do is to be prayerful and focus on our dreams. It z well!
amin az boy

1 Like

Re: What Are You Currently Studying And What Do You Hope To Be In Future? by Zealoy(m): 7:02am On Oct 01, 2013
currently studying Marketing wish to be a marketing manager in zenith bank or GT bank, God help me!
Re: What Are You Currently Studying And What Do You Hope To Be In Future? by mykhell50(m): 7:06am On Oct 01, 2013
MICROBIOLOGY

Wish to become a medical doctor. A virologist to be precise.
Re: What Are You Currently Studying And What Do You Hope To Be In Future? by swiftycool(m): 7:25am On Oct 01, 2013
its very emotional reading the posts of many of our young ones up in here, Your dreams give you the driving force to always keep focused and strive towards what you want to become. Amongst you guys I can see the next generation of surgeons who would save lives of many, Engineers who would invent stuff and make life easier, statisticians, accountants, lawyers etc, all set for the future of Africa! But here is some advice:

1. Along the line of your career you are going to get frustrated in many areas and you would be tempted to give up or settle for less, my advice is DONT! Keep focused on what you want to achieve and spend 70% of your time doing something towards preparing for that dream or at least related to it.

2. You would get some seemingly sensible but actually very stupid advise that may debar you from achieving your dream due to the lure of money, that's why today we have many of our best graduating engineers and doctors working as senior bank cashiers or lawyers and scientists working as actors depriving us of their expertise which they cannot get back to due to time lapse.

3. If you must venture into a vocational training, learn something most related to your dream profession, Many Architects, builders, engineers during university strikes had to go to building sites as labourers/apprentists for bricklayers, carpenters, iron benders etc, Some of the best sales managers during strikes got employed as marketers for various products in their hey days, As a chemical engineer, lab scientists, biochemists etc get temporary jobs in factories that deal with the manufacturing process, mechanical engineers go to a local mechanic workshop and learn etc
all these are valuable bespoke training areas for you.

4. Many of you are not hundred percent sure what you really want to be but have actually taken what fate seems to have thrown your way, check within while you are in your present career for talents you have or problems you can solve naturally a whole lot better than even people trained for it, now go through the internet and seek for companies looking for such talents and how various individuals have used the same talents to become outstanding impactors and millionaires there my friend is your real career direction you can still make a career change, focus on it and you would eventually blow!

5. Most of all if you are able to afford it, leave Nigeria to any other country that would not politicize education issues thereby destroying your future. You get to study in a welcoming environment and compete with the best of the bests and afterwards you can decide to come give your expertise to Nigeria, if not you might end up eventually as an overgrown yet inexperienced guinea-pig that the job market is desperately trying to avoid.
Good luck

6 Likes

Re: What Are You Currently Studying And What Do You Hope To Be In Future? by zebra(m): 7:34am On Oct 01, 2013
Nizstephen: ok so how do I go about it in the best way if I wanna go 4 a masters in research and statistical analyses wat will it be called asin would it be information research or what?
U can do the Msc Statistics, which is also theoretical. U can from there begin to apply statistical methods to solving real life problems and in supporting research in the scientific, business, marketing, economic, political, social and biotechnology fields. Most applied statisticians work with researchers where they provide statistical support in form of designing experiments and analysing high dimensional data/interpretation of results.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Currently Studying And What Do You Hope To Be In Future? by chezMorgan: 7:38am On Oct 01, 2013
Am studying Geology.though I see myself occupying a standard position in chevron,but i really want to explore the earth especially in some mysterious part of it like bermuda triangle. cheesy
Re: What Are You Currently Studying And What Do You Hope To Be In Future? by possibilita(m): 7:42am On Oct 01, 2013
looks like less people studies Polymer Technology.
Re: What Are You Currently Studying And What Do You Hope To Be In Future? by triploc: 7:52am On Oct 01, 2013
studied biochemistry for my 1st degree and currently enrolled for a Masters in Public Health (MPH) majoring in child and adolescent health, thru with class work and working on my research but ASUU no allow person progress, so have bin working on going to different schools and speaking to adolescents on different health issues. I hope to work with reputable organisations like NACA, FHI SFH,UNICEf,WHO, USAID, UNFPA and their likes, am also currently looking for a place to volunteer and garner experience, nairalanders make una connect me o, i,ll appreciate. Wish u all success in ur chosen field.God bless u all
Re: What Are You Currently Studying And What Do You Hope To Be In Future? by Blazeicon: 8:13am On Oct 01, 2013
am an undergraudate student studying physics with a hope of studying radiation biophysics... A radiographer @hospitals
Re: What Are You Currently Studying And What Do You Hope To Be In Future? by laplace19(m): 9:15am On Oct 01, 2013
Currently studying Civil Engineering

Hoping to be the best contractor and have a construction company like Julius Berger,Arab contractors,etc

So God help me,amen!
Re: What Are You Currently Studying And What Do You Hope To Be In Future? by ProfEinstein: 9:28am On Oct 01, 2013
currently studying physiotherapy, hope to be a sports physiotherapist one day.

2 Likes

Re: What Are You Currently Studying And What Do You Hope To Be In Future? by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 01, 2013
Thanks I just gained admission into unilag to study psychology, hoping to be the one of the best psychologists in Nigerian, I dream of working in tha hospital or any research industry, coz I love making research
Re: What Are You Currently Studying And What Do You Hope To Be In Future? by cheche98(f): 9:44am On Oct 01, 2013
I studied Microbiology. I have not served yet coz of ASUU saga and am working towards establishing a food industry all thanks to ASUU strike. I do not want to work for anybody. I have tons of business ideas I want to bring to reality. All my ideas are based on *FOOD* .I want to establish a giant food industry aimed at production , packaging and exportation of food and food products. I will create employment and feed the world. #businesswoman.

2 Likes

Re: What Are You Currently Studying And What Do You Hope To Be In Future? by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 01, 2013
swiftycool: its very emotional reading the posts of many of our young ones up in here, Your dreams give you the driving force to always keep focused and strive towards what you want to become. Amongst you guys I can see the next generation of surgeons who would save lives of many, Engineers who would invent stuff and make life easier, statisticians, accountants, lawyers etc, all set for the future of Africa! But here is some advice:

1. Along the line of your career you are going to get frustrated in many areas and you would be tempted to give up or settle for less, my advice is DONT! Keep focused on what you want to achieve and spend 70% of your time doing something towards preparing for that dream or at least related to it.

2. You would get some seemingly sensible but actually very stupid advise that may debar you from achieving your dream due to the lure of money, that's why today we have many of our best graduating engineers and doctors working as senior bank cashiers or lawyers and scientists working as actors depriving us of their expertise which they cannot get back to due to time lapse.

3. If you must venture into a vocational training, learn something most related to your dream profession, Many Architects, builders, engineers during university strikes had to go to building sites as labourers/apprentists for bricklayers, carpenters, iron benders etc, Some of the best sales managers during strikes got employed as marketers for various products in their hey days, As a chemical engineer, lab scientists, biochemists etc get temporary jobs in factories that deal with the manufacturing process, mechanical engineers go to a local mechanic workshop and learn etc
all these are valuable bespoke training areas for you.

4. Many of you are not hundred percent sure what you really want to be but have actually taken what fate seems to have thrown your way, check within while you are in your present career for talents you have or problems you can solve naturally a whole lot better than even people trained for it, now go through the internet and seek for companies looking for such talents and how various individuals have used the same talents to become outstanding impactors and millionaires there my friend is your real career direction you can still make a career change, focus on it and you would eventually blow!

5. Most of all if you are able to afford it, leave Nigeria to any other country that would not politicize education issues thereby destroying your future. You get to study in a welcoming environment and compete with the best of the bests and afterwards you can decide to come give your expertise to Nigeria, if not you might end up eventually as an overgrown yet inexperienced guinea-pig that the job market is desperately trying to avoid.
Good luck
I need your advice sir, I just gained admission to study psychology BT my dream is to become a medical doctor or any related discipline although I left science when I was in ss2 BT I can't erase the feeling of becoming a doctor, I feel it's too late coz I'll have to rewrite waec
Re: What Are You Currently Studying And What Do You Hope To Be In Future? by BankuTilapia: 9:55am On Oct 01, 2013
pembisco:
mr nyc guy. Y kal me names? I only complemented d grl wt pure mind. Is only curupt minded pple like u dt always tink complementing a lady means one has a crush on her or one wnts 2 fynd a way 2 bleep her! Grow up man, am sure u ar stl expecting d lady 2 quate u nd say "tnx dear" or stufs like dt for standing 4 her! For ur info i hv a beautiful nd inteligent gf nd am proud of her.

Mtcheeeeeewww u ain't making sense
Re: What Are You Currently Studying And What Do You Hope To Be In Future? by urchmail(m): 10:11am On Oct 01, 2013
Presently studying agricultural economics.am gonna be a party to the diversification of nigerias' economy from oil to agriculture probably as the agricultural minister
Re: What Are You Currently Studying And What Do You Hope To Be In Future? by joephemzyz(m): 11:17am On Oct 01, 2013
Studying industrial technical education/im a student athlete....I intend to go pro-play basketball to the highest level after I'm done with my degree......so help me GOD
Re: What Are You Currently Studying And What Do You Hope To Be In Future? by Iaz93: 11:22am On Oct 01, 2013
chezMorgan: Am studying Geology.though I see myself occupying a standard position in chevron,but i really want to explore the earth especially in some mysterious part of it like bermuda triangle. cheesy
Nice cool cool smiley
Re: What Are You Currently Studying And What Do You Hope To Be In Future? by olupentane(m): 11:23am On Oct 01, 2013
I already have ND in statistics and I'm currently doing my Bsc(200l). I want to go for my Msc then Phd after graduation. I love working with data. love to be an analyst.
By God's grace.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Currently Studying And What Do You Hope To Be In Future? by Iaz93: 11:25am On Oct 01, 2013
I love this thread! smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Reps Call For Abolishment Of ‘Acceptance Fee’ Into Tertiary Institutions / ASUU Set For Strike, Maintains Opposition To IPPIS / Masari Asks Boarding Students To Vacate Hostels Over Rising Insecurity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.