Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,422 members, 7,881,547 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:27 PM

My Computer Shows "blue Screen" - What Do I Do? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Computer Shows "blue Screen" - What Do I Do? (5385 Views)

How To Fix Blue Screen Of Death & System Auto Restart Issue / Help, My Computer Shows A Blue Screen And Off When Browsing. / Windows Xp Blue Screen (unmountable-boot-volume): Please Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Computer Shows "blue Screen" - What Do I Do? by rufaai(m): 9:03pm On Jun 25, 2008
Dear,

Recently after an electric fluctuation, my system restared and then showed up a blue screen
I just don't know what to do? I am afraid my harddrive is crashed! - I can't loose my files  cry

What should I do please? I need help!

Thank you in advance.
Re: My Computer Shows "blue Screen" - What Do I Do? by samir101ng(m): 3:47am On Jun 26, 2008
Hi rufaai,

Could you please explain a little more about the blue screen. Be more specific. Here are some basic questions :-

1. What kind of system do you use ? if its a laptop what brand and model ?

2. What version of windows do you use ?

3. Does the system boots first then crashes or when loading windows ? When does it show the blue screen exactly ?

4. Can you post the exact error message it says on the blue screen.
Re: My Computer Shows "blue Screen" - What Do I Do? by rufaai(m): 5:16pm On Jun 28, 2008
Thanks Samir,

My System is a Desktop with WIN XP. It actually boots to the Windows logo, then flash the blue screen and restart.
I dont know what to do, I have alot of valueable data in there.

Thanks for your reply Samir!
Re: My Computer Shows "blue Screen" - What Do I Do? by sokoanugwa: 5:46pm On Jun 28, 2008
I guess you OS is affected and you need to install a fresh copy of the OS so that the corrupt files can be repaired.

Moreover, to save you from the crash in the near future, i will advice that you get a UPS (Uninterrupted Power Supply). With 6500, you can get mercury or blue gate UPS.

SO go ahead and try re-installing the OS.
Re: My Computer Shows "blue Screen" - What Do I Do? by TmeD0(m): 10:53pm On Jun 28, 2008
Dude, before you reinstall your OS, which I won't suggest you do at this point consider trying to repair Windows first using your WIN XP CD.  If that doesn't work, see if you can recover your data from the HD by making it a slave drive on another PC.  And if that still doesn't work in retrieving your data, then I'm afraid your next option is the reinstall your entire OS.  I would try repairing Windows first cause if it's booting all the way to the Windows' splash screen like you stated, you might still be able to repair it.  In future, you might want to consider backing up your important data quite often (preferably on an external drive).  Good luck.  Peace!

1 Like

Re: My Computer Shows "blue Screen" - What Do I Do? by erico2k2(m): 3:47pm On Jul 04, 2008
I 2nd the last poster.
Re: My Computer Shows "blue Screen" - What Do I Do? by anything: 2:11pm On Jul 08, 2008
@T@meD0 That is a very technical advice. it mostly happen when PC is shutdown improperly.
Though you don't really need to disassemble your system or retreating your document on another system cus by repairing the system everything will be alright. And if you don't know how to do it. I will advice you to consult a system engineer instead.
Re: My Computer Shows "blue Screen" - What Do I Do? by xprofile: 11:29am On Oct 01, 2008
mostly softwares that are not installed properly couses that blue screen of death, so wat u ve to do is look at the last part of the blue screen of death and see the abbreviation of any software u see and uninstall from safe mode, if dat didn't work then select goto my last confuguration that works instead of selecting safe mode,
hope it works

07082070074, 08030551776
bigamos4real@yahoo.com
Re: My Computer Shows "blue Screen" - What Do I Do? by kiwi992(m): 12:51pm On Oct 01, 2008
Hi,

Dude, before you reinstall your OS, which I won't suggest you do at this point consider trying to repair Windows first using your WIN XP CD.  If that doesn't work, see if you can recover your data from the HD by making it a slave drive on another PC.  And if that still doesn't work in retrieving your data, then I'm afraid your next option is the reinstall your entire OS.  I would try repairing Windows first cause if it's booting all the way to the Windows' splash screen like you stated, you might still be able to repair it.  In future, you might want to consider backing up your important data quite often (preferably on an external drive).  Good luck.  Peace!

Yeap!

However, my suggestion is that, if all else fails, you should use KNOPPIX to recover all your important data before re-installing.  Remember that name for as long as you are a computer user.  It would save your arse everytime.

kiwi992.
Re: My Computer Shows "blue Screen" - What Do I Do? by inze(m): 6:20pm On Oct 01, 2008
kiwi992:

Hi,

Yeap!

However, my suggestion is that, if all else fails, you should use KNOPPIX to recover all your important data[i] before re-installing[/i]. Remember that name for as long as you are a computer user. It would save your arse everytime.

kiwi992.

How will he get to backup when his system doesn't get pass the windows logo shocked shocked
Re: My Computer Shows "blue Screen" - What Do I Do? by kiwi992(m): 11:48pm On Oct 01, 2008
Hi,

Simple answer - if all else fails, use KNOPPIX to recover all the files even though the system wouldn't get past the Windows logo

Knoppix would by-pass that screen and display all your files which you could recover, as long as the hard drive is not completely dead.  Once the data had been recovered, you would then go ahead to re-install the Operating System. 

kiwi992.
Re: My Computer Shows "blue Screen" - What Do I Do? by areyemi(m): 8:34pm On Oct 02, 2008
Try and repair the os by letting your computer boot from cd when you restart and put ur Os cd in it. Then select repair.

(1) (Reply)

SOLD Clean UK Used Acer Aspire 5738 (250gb/ 4gb /HDMI Port) Is For Sale / Unlock All Your Huawei Modems Here / How To Prevent My Windows8 Laptop From Consuming Much Data

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.