Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,173 members, 7,880,659 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:18 AM

Unemployment- Non-graduates Are Cheating Graduates In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Unemployment- Non-graduates Are Cheating Graduates In Nigeria (23844 Views)

2016 EFCC Recruitment ( Graduates And Non-graduates) How True? / 13 Major Reasons Why Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployable / ‘60% Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unemployment- Non-graduates Are Cheating Graduates In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 30, 2013
Re: Unemployment- Non-graduates Are Cheating Graduates In Nigeria by 2rutalk1: 3:12pm On Sep 30, 2013
beautfulstrugle: Ok
Lol, and all the answers equal to zero
Re: Unemployment- Non-graduates Are Cheating Graduates In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:18pm On Sep 30, 2013
validplanet: it really makes no sense to go to the university considering the fact that those that didnt go to university get more job opportunities than the graduates. there is virtually no work in the society today that cant be done by illiterates who just acquired their skills outside the 4 walls of the university, so whats the point?

take for instance, opposite my house here, some1 just completed a 2 storey building. and i didnt find any single graduate among the workers. the guy just went to lagos and brought some builders who came and built his house from foundation to roofing. all were illiterates who learnt how to build houses outside d university. d question is; why should some1 spend 5 yrs studying civil engineering in nigeria?

go to the mechanic village; all the auto mechanics there are illiterates. and some1 will spend more than =N=500,000. studying mechanical engineering for 5 yrs.

d music industry? i dont know their profiles but i can bet they didnt study music in the university.

fashion design? all illiterates.

i can go on and on.

i pity our unemployed graduates who spent their fortune and time acquiring university education only to come out to find there are no jobs for them.

If you are a graduate, NIGERIA IS DOOMED.
Any graduate that displays the type of ignorance you have shown should be forced to run around the market naked while being FLOGGED

7 Likes

Re: Unemployment- Non-graduates Are Cheating Graduates In Nigeria by ELOGBO: 3:18pm On Sep 30, 2013
as eeeeeeeeeee God would hv merci
Re: Unemployment- Non-graduates Are Cheating Graduates In Nigeria by Expensive72(m): 3:23pm On Sep 30, 2013
tongue grin cheesy Op, continue to shout I am a graduate, I am literate make hunger kill u....... Half bake
Re: Unemployment- Non-graduates Are Cheating Graduates In Nigeria by olumaxi(m): 3:24pm On Sep 30, 2013
Been a graduate,i v worked as a sales-guy in a cement shop and presently working as a FACTORY WORKER in one of d factories close to my area...and to make matters worse,am d only graduate among d factory workers earnin a meagre 12k wit them,even d boss earning al d money is a school-cert holder..it is really frustratin.
Re: Unemployment- Non-graduates Are Cheating Graduates In Nigeria by ebankole: 3:30pm On Sep 30, 2013
Now,its been quite a while since i make any comment in this Obodo forum,and indeed there is something to adopt or learn in this Obodo thread.
Now this particular thread is worth following to the core,cos i consider this as an eye opener thread.

wait!
ok
am comming back to make my real comment.
Re: Unemployment- Non-graduates Are Cheating Graduates In Nigeria by mkoabiola: 3:39pm On Sep 30, 2013
Nja I hail oo.
Re: Unemployment- Non-graduates Are Cheating Graduates In Nigeria by skyscraperTM(m): 3:41pm On Sep 30, 2013
Wizee: @Op Relax, u angry bcoz u've not goting a job yet. You have to b positive abt life, going to school doesn't guarantee u job bt is an added advantage. Hope u have seen 2/3 storey built by dis so called illiterates colaps! Why? Bcoz they can't diff btw a quality and quantity. Thats where d civil engineers cum in. Why can't this illiterates build skyscraper? So Relax
that's my name.
Re: Unemployment- Non-graduates Are Cheating Graduates In Nigeria by oluplus(m): 3:43pm On Sep 30, 2013
@Op: have u heard about "formal and informal education" before?

I think your confusion lies in your inability to differenciate between Illiterates and non-graduates.

You may need to modify the topic.
Re: Unemployment- Non-graduates Are Cheating Graduates In Nigeria by tunde1200(m): 3:46pm On Sep 30, 2013
This your write up alone shows that you are not a graduate...
Just swallow that your yeye pride
Re: Unemployment- Non-graduates Are Cheating Graduates In Nigeria by devour129: 3:52pm On Sep 30, 2013
peppy luv: Thanx smiley well, teaching is a passion,I am a graduate of Primary Education Studies NCE/B.ED(a course I chose for myself even when evry1 tried imposin Law on me cuz of my "character" but I always wanted to teach evn in pry nd second schl I taught my classmates but trust me I neva came 1st-5th in secondary schl cuz I dnt cram but read to understand and put it my own way which offends most of my teachers especially my Govt and Literature teacher and they call me ITK!cuz I dnt gv them back what they gave me, but I was doin the right tin nd neva stoped cuz I felt what those teachers were doing was wrong so my desire to teach and gv room for people to express themselves in the way they understand things grew. After service am going to the college so I can train teachers and young minds cuz if the foundation is good then the building will be perfect and PES wil remain my course til I become a prof cool

As for farming,its leisure and also passion learnt more from the villagers where I serve thou I did a 3months course in horticulture from a lady who came to teach us in camp but am more interested in rice farming and will be travelling to vietnam to learn more about it (that am already on)cuz I intend to go into it big time and I hope Nigerians will begin to appreciate the local farmers.
I am also into make up but for the fun of it smiley

babe you are into everything ,easy abeg !(just kidding). I love that you are enterprising ,thank you for showing some ladies that you can do a lot all by yourself without selling your values.goodluck babe,the sky is just your step stone.

1 Like

Re: Unemployment- Non-graduates Are Cheating Graduates In Nigeria by addictiv(m): 3:53pm On Sep 30, 2013
YOUR PRIMARY AIM FOR ATTENDING A UNIVERSITY SHOULD BE FOR ENLIGHTENMENT, SELF EMPOWERMENT AND RELIANCE.............NOBODY OWES YOU A JOB

4 Likes

Re: Unemployment- Non-graduates Are Cheating Graduates In Nigeria by victorazy(m): 3:55pm On Sep 30, 2013
Wizee: @Op Relax, u angry bcoz u've not goting a job yet. You have to b positive abt life, going to school doesn't guarantee u job bt is an added advantage. Hope u have seen 2/3 storey built by dis so called illiterates colaps! Why? Bcoz they can't diff btw a quality and quantity. Thats where d civil engineers cum in. Why can't this illiterates build skyscraper? So Relax

Ta!! Who told u that colaps building is the cause of illitrate? By the way, who is the illitrate? Can u give us the definition of illitrate? Someone can not wake up and start setting out a building plan foundation, at least he or she learnt it, so he is not an illitrate.
Re: Unemployment- Non-graduates Are Cheating Graduates In Nigeria by devour129: 3:56pm On Sep 30, 2013
By the way,my dad ddnt complete his education but he trained doctors,lawyers,educationist,engineers and legislator . I teach my boys to mould with clay,to cook etc.i spend alot on their education but I also spend lots for them to acquire a lot of skills too.
Re: Unemployment- Non-graduates Are Cheating Graduates In Nigeria by kaeto(m): 3:57pm On Sep 30, 2013
Your observation is right and i think the solution is expedient and doesn't lie in no place but amidst we graduates. Graduates must seat up, learn to stay ontop. Naturally, the 'ONLY' way to curb this filth is by forming national unions devoid of tribal affilliations. All union must be national, no state unions. Look at what the carnegies did in The American Steel. The Truck Drivers Union, the film makers union, the estate and biulders union,the crop farmers union,electrical engineers union, mechanical engineers union, computer engineers union etc. All these unions must be formed and headed by graduates in the relevant fields with the ability to issue certificates for each project to be carried out by these illiterats. These unions will be completely different from what the government runs, they will be answerable to graduates assigned to them as supervisors and shall have a minimum pay nation wide for these supervisors.. Brb

1 Like

Re: Unemployment- Non-graduates Are Cheating Graduates In Nigeria by BrandKing: 4:00pm On Sep 30, 2013
Truth be told, for the past 2 months now i have turned down every person who have come to me to assist them to get a job to our client's firms. I would rather give them FREE Business Advice worth N50, 000 or more and convince them why they should pick up a skill and go into business than craving to go do the 9-5 job in Nigeria.rms

Yes, we know not everyone can be a business owner but isn't it better to start up something instead of wasting each single day that eventually amounts of years of being stagnant all in the name of looking for a job.

Re: Unemployment- Non-graduates Are Cheating Graduates In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 30, 2013
smiley thanx. No I dnt hv a blog
pickabeau1: Peppy luv.. Wow!!

You are inspiring me

Do you have a blog..

Re: Unemployment- Non-graduates Are Cheating Graduates In Nigeria by validplanet: 4:01pm On Sep 30, 2013
kaeto: Your observation is right and i think the solution is expedient and doesn't lie in no place but amidst we graduates. Graduates must seat up, learn to stay ontop. Naturally, the 'ONLY' way to curb this filth is by forming national unions devoid of tribal affilliations. All union must be national, no state unions. Look at what the carnegies did in The American Steel. The Truck Drivers Union, the film makers union, the estate and biulders union,the crop farmers union,electrical engineers union, mechanical engineers union, computer engineers union etc. All these unions must be formed and headed by graduates in the relevant fields with the ability to issue certificates for each project to be carried out by these illiterats. These unions will be completely different from what the government runs, they will be answerable to graduates assigned to them as supervisors and shall have a minimum pay nation wide for these supervisors.. Brb

good point
Re: Unemployment- Non-graduates Are Cheating Graduates In Nigeria by victorazy(m): 4:02pm On Sep 30, 2013
oluplus: @Op: have u heard about "formal and informal education" before?

I think your confusion lies in your inability to differenciate between Illiterates and non-graduates.

You may need to modify the topic.

My question too. Can someone who can interpret house plan classify as an illitrate? undecided
Re: Unemployment- Non-graduates Are Cheating Graduates In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:05pm On Sep 30, 2013
And he is feeling cheated undecided
Chrisbenogor:
Mechanical Engineering is not about fixing cars dumba$$ angry angry angry
Re: Unemployment- Non-graduates Are Cheating Graduates In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 30, 2013
wink thanx nd goodluck to u too
devour129: babe you are into everything ,easy abeg !(just kidding). I love that you are enterprising ,thank you for showing some ladies that you can do a lot all by yourself without selling your values.goodluck babe,the sky is just your step stone.
Re: Unemployment- Non-graduates Are Cheating Graduates In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 30, 2013
Jakeattah: Ok.... So not going to school is better than going to school in Nigeria... Nyc

I don't blame people who make such deduction. It's just because the country is so fuucked and most Nigerians are frustrated with the system. A country where militants earn #65 000 monthly just for keeping them off crime; some others sent abroad while the good ones strive to get an education only to end up jobless.

I'm One of those who believe in knowledge and the best so far the world has been blessed with came through formal education. Simply because things work upside down in Nigeria doesn't under estimate the vale of knowledge. The crude carpenter, builders, mechanic and others who seem to be reaping from the shortcomings of the nation do not necessarily add value but due to backwardness of the country, they seem to be the saviour of Nigeria. They are attached to the old system and they lack innovation simply because the formal knowledge is missing in them which is why most Nigeria mechanics always have problems with v6 engines, most builders can't build sky scrappers.

Education cannot be undervalued and should not be equated with employment,its just to give you an edge over the crude ways and provide you with better initiatives. What is expected of an average Nigerian graduate is to acquire entrepreneurial skills while using his/her formal knowledge as an edge over the road side mechanics and others but if they don't, then the people they called illiterates will continue to reap while their certificates would become worthless to them.

3 Likes

Re: Unemployment- Non-graduates Are Cheating Graduates In Nigeria by Oildichotomy(m): 4:20pm On Sep 30, 2013
Cheating who??
Nigga please!!
Graduates are cheating themselves in Nigeria.
The truth is being a graduate [i.e First degree holder] automatically command some hidden respect from your peers/society and ''non-graduates'' alike.
You better step up and capitalize on that advantage if not owu-extreme' will be your companion for a long time.
BTW, know your 'onions' to be on the safer side of the graduates divide.

1 Like

Re: Unemployment- Non-graduates Are Cheating Graduates In Nigeria by ladygogo: 4:21pm On Sep 30, 2013
Afam4eva: You don't get jobs because you're literate but because you're educated. These people you're referring to as illiterates(whatever that means) educated themselves in a particular field and are the best for the job. The fact that you're a university graduate(not necessarily educated) does not mean you're better than those people. It really sucks to be a Nigerian graduate cos all they teach you is to graduate and go get a job. Your job is to find solutions to real life problems.

Well said Afam!
Re: Unemployment- Non-graduates Are Cheating Graduates In Nigeria by specco(m): 4:22pm On Sep 30, 2013
Nacl: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You may not meet the algebra and many other mathematical formulae in real life but learning and comprehending it has a way of strengthening your thought processes which you'll apply in real life situations to get results.

3 Likes

Re: Unemployment- Non-graduates Are Cheating Graduates In Nigeria by ladygogo: 4:27pm On Sep 30, 2013
i wonder if the op can work as a plumber since he perceives such people as illiterates. undecided
Re: Unemployment- Non-graduates Are Cheating Graduates In Nigeria by john365: 4:27pm On Sep 30, 2013
Nacl: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

you won't see these equations in real life but these equations are supposed to help you think fast, analytically and with reason, they help to develop your brain jst as you exercise and carry weights to improve your muscle activities.

Nothing can take away the advantages that comes with vocations. be you an engineer, banker or whatever vocational skills always come in handy.

you can do all, during school periods learn the equations and improve your thinking ability then during the holidays pick up any of these skills and better your life.

2 Likes

Re: Unemployment- Non-graduates Are Cheating Graduates In Nigeria by siokpe: 4:45pm On Sep 30, 2013
ALL OUR DOCTORS ARE ILLITRATES?
ALL OUR NEWSCASTERS ARE ILLITRATES?
ALL OUR I.T ENGINEERS ARE ILLITRATES?
ALL OUR PILOTS ARE ILLITRATES?
ALL OUR ACCOUNTANTS ARE ILLITRATES?

AND I CAN GO ON AND ON AND ON. HABA! IF THE MAN OPPOSITE YOUR HOUSE HAS N2M AND HE WISH TO COMPLETE A TWO (2) STOREY BUILDING BY USING QUACKS, SHOULD THE GRADUATE CIVIL ENGINEER REPORT HIM HIM TO THE POLICE? WHAT WILL PEOPLE SAY. THE ARTICIAN WHO LEARNT A TRADE LIKE FASHION DESIGN, SHOE MAKING ETC SHOULD AND GRADUATES CAN SURVIVE TOO. NIGERIAN GRADUATES ARE EXCELLING IN MANY FIELDS ARE HOME AND ABROAD.

PLEASE DO NOT DISCOURAGE ANY PARENT THAT WISH TO SEND HIS CHILDREN OR WARD TO THE UNIVERSITY. UNIVERSITY EDUCATION IN NIGERIA IS NOT A WASTE OF MONEY AND IT WILL NEVER BE

2 Likes

Re: Unemployment- Non-graduates Are Cheating Graduates In Nigeria by pickabeau1: 4:49pm On Sep 30, 2013
peppy luv: smiley thanx. No I dnt hv a blog

me thinks u shd look into it especially at the aspect of farmomg... i can learn from it n many others
Re: Unemployment- Non-graduates Are Cheating Graduates In Nigeria by oluamid(m): 4:50pm On Sep 30, 2013
Well, I feel the OP's pain.

But, one question you really need to ask yourself is: Is getting a job the main aim of acquiring formal education? In normal circumstances and climes, University/Polytechnic graduates are problem solvers. They proffer solutions to the many problems bedeviling the society. Unfortunately, the "Nigerian factor" has seen to it that this does not happen here.

I see going to university as a means of enlightenment and not necessarily a means of getting a job. If you need a job, get skilled.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

GSK Aptitude Test Invitation...lets Meet Here / Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish / Why Is Nigeria Not Using The Hourly Payment System?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.