Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,788 members, 7,938,363 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 12:57 AM

Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance (9913 Views)

Non-Remittance Of Recovered Loot: Reps Threaten To Arrest EFCC Boss / FG Earns N14trn From Crude Export – NNPC / How Much Does Nigeria Earn From Crude Oil Per Year ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by Jesuspikin87(m): 11:12am On Sep 30, 2013
Are u sure this is not a MOLUE STORY? *In GEJ's Voice*
Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by nairaman66(m): 11:16am On Sep 30, 2013
I hope GEJ will go to CNN again to clear the air on this!! Middle finger to these crooks in all nooks and crannies of Nigeria!!
Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by jude33084(m): 11:20am On Sep 30, 2013
Lie Lie question angry

As if it is new angry
Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by Ngwakwe: 11:23am On Sep 30, 2013
Who knows, NNPC may be selling the crude on credit and the Law Makers are not aware.

The buyers will pay later. There is crude everywhere now, sell now and collect money later or wait for cash and drink your crude.
Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by joshuaidibia(m): 11:26am On Sep 30, 2013
Shobayo Emma: ITT
re u a learner? U mean 2 say ETT?
Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by shachris01: 11:26am On Sep 30, 2013
Wiz-Prince:

Who do you want her to be replaced with? You?

grin Sexkillz, 'cos he is about to be unemployed.
Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by Oildichotomy(m): 11:30am On Sep 30, 2013
And that GEJ will be gesticulating with his fingers explaining nonsense about corruption not being Nigeria's problem business-wise.
Like seriously does he think, Even relying on NOI economic theories alone shows how far he is from reality.
Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by Pdizzle(m): 11:33am On Sep 30, 2013
Mk i just jam 1billion from dat money...choi
Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by Infomizer(m): 11:45am On Sep 30, 2013
mikailu:
see dis one oh
Got a problem with MY opinion?

joshua idibia: re u a learner? U mean 2 say ETT?

Nah, i fink you're the learner here.wink
You're not familiar with Baba 70's ITT (International Thief Thief).
Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by eagleeye2: 11:46am On Sep 30, 2013
Some of these politician will die saying....:...."Nigeria has been good to me."
Happy Independence Nigeria.... The Labours of Our Heroes past shall not be in vain.
Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by mrperfect(m): 11:49am On Sep 30, 2013
Well that is sad!
Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by MAHMOUD04: 11:51am On Sep 30, 2013
otokx: Will GEJ also say this is political?
GEJ coniding with Diazani to loot our money. He will never be Like Dangote whose wealth is through hard work. God, we pray that you bring us an honest leader that can make them all die in jail.
Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by joshuaidibia(m): 11:52am On Sep 30, 2013
Infomizer:
Nah, i fink you're the learner here.wink
You're not familiar with Baba 70's ITT (International Thief Thief).
ait. Gt u nw. Tnx. No harms done.
Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by lagosph: 12:04pm On Sep 30, 2013
HenryQuest: Chairman, House of Representatives Committee on Finance, Hon Abdulmumuin Jibrin, last weekend declared N320billion missing from the remittance by the Nigeria Nationl Petroleum Corporation (NNPC). He said that the sum of  N1.516 trillion was paid in by NNPC into the Federal Government treasury.

Jibrin noted that what Nigerians want is total remittance of revenue generated from oil sales and not crude oil sales figures declared recently by the Ministry of Petroleum Resources. He said:  “It should be noted that this is after taking into consideration, payments for Joint venture cash calls (i.e. cost of production) and petrol subsidy payments. However, only N1.516 trillion has been remitted to the Federal Government coffers by the NNPC showing a shortfall of N320.654 billion for the period”, the lawmaker noted.

Again, it should be noted that this is actual revenue generated at the prevailing market rate of crude oil and gas. The budget for the Fiscal year 2013 was based on $79 per barrel, whereas the price had hardly fallen below $100 per barrel for the whole year. This implies that even though we are receiving way above the benchmark on our crude oil and gas sales, we are not meeting our targets because our crude oil production has fallen way below budgeted estimates as a result of massive crude oil theft and unabated corruption in the oil and gas sector,”Jibrin lamented

The Finance Committee chairman maintained that Nigerians are not as keen on [b]crude oil sales figures as the actual [/b]remittances from in NNPC to the federation account, adding that the amount remitted was more important and NNPC should have been more honest to present the figures so that Nigerians could understand what actually accrued  to the Federal Government.

His words: “For January to September 2013, the federation was expected to earn N1.837 trillion (or N204.168 billion per month) from the sale of crude oil and gas marketed by the NNPC with the Petroleum Minister as its board chairperson”

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/reps-declare-n320bn-missing-from-crude-oil-remittance/

I dont understand why they say did money is missing, NNPC coundn't meet revenue projections and was unable to sell oil how was the money stolen?

1 Like

Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by manny4life(m): 12:06pm On Sep 30, 2013
lagosph:

I dont understand why they say did money is missing, NNPC coundn't meet revenue projections and was unable to sell oil how was the money stolen?

Thank you.

I thought I was the only one who noticed the contradiction, they claim "Nigerians are not keen in oil sales figures", how the hell would you know what accrues to the govt if you don't sell i.e. if you're not keen on it? Smh at stupidity at its best, Nigerians need to fire their reps, I guess there isn't money to share as usual, every leakage has been BLOCKED. grin grin
Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by Mexyz(m): 12:20pm On Sep 30, 2013
Smh at those dat jst read d headline nd started commentn without reading d main body. We dnt ve any missing money, NNPC cud nt meet wit d expected revenue n i dnt see dat as stealn. Bt money dey oil biz oo...trillions for dat matter. Time to ring ma aunt.
Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 30, 2013
lagosph:

And I suppose the reason we've failed to reach our projected target is because of some natural disaster, right? An earthquake perhaps?

Listen, when all is said and done, neutral observers know that oil theft is symptomatic of a corrupt system, supervised by none other than the Petroleum minister. Even the President knows this much.

“Again, it should be noted that this is actual revenue generated at the prevailing market rate of crude oil and gas. The budget for fiscal year 2013 was based on $79 per barrel, whereas the price has hardly fallen below $100 per barrel for the whole year. This implies that even though we are receiving well above the benchmark on our crude oil and gas sales, we are not meeting our targets because our crude oil production has fallen well below budgeted estimates as a result of massive crude oil theft and unabated corruption in the oil and gas sector.”

Source: NG Tribune
Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by Rejoice5000(f): 12:31pm On Sep 30, 2013
this oil is a curse to nigerian
Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by awodman: 12:50pm On Sep 30, 2013
eGuerrilla:

And I suppose the reason we've failed to reach our projected target is because of some natural disaster, right? An earthquake perhaps?

Listen, when all is said and done, neutral observers know that oil theft is symptomatic of a corrupt system, supervised by none other than the Petroleum minister. Even the President knows this much.

Source: NG Tribune
You can spin it all you want but the fact remains the Headline is a lie...Stealing of N320 billion is not same as not meeting revenue projections

2 Likes

Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by Nobody: 1:21pm On Sep 30, 2013
Whos gonna declare the embezzled billions they approprated to themselves as salaries missing? Worse rogues
Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by Akshow: 1:25pm On Sep 30, 2013
Hahahahahahahahaahahahahahhahaahahhahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha

naaaaaaaiiiiigggggeeeerrrrriaaaaaa ooooooh

hehehehehehehehhehehehehehehhehehehehe
Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by Akshow: 1:27pm On Sep 30, 2013
Big4wig: Just follow d instructions & steps from 1

1. I need to tell u a secret look at 5.

2. D answer is at 11

3.dnt gt mad look at 15.

4. Calm down don't b mad look at 13.

5.first look at 2

6.dnt b dat angry look at 12.

7. I just wanted to let you know dat I DON'T CARE

8.what I have to tell is .....d answer is on 14.

9. B patient look at 4.

10. Dis is d last tym I'm goin 2 do dz,look at 7.

11. I hope u re nt mad wen i say dz look at 6.dnt

12. Sorry look at 8.

13. Dnt gt mad look at 10.

14. I dnt know Hw 2 say dz bt look at 3.

15. U must b really mad,look at number 10.
walatallahi u de craze. Thunder fire ir left nyansh.
Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by dailywealth1967: 1:45pm On Sep 30, 2013
How oga minister no say #320b dey miss.Abeg,minister calculator don contact virus
Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by agbameta: 1:55pm On Sep 30, 2013
The money is not missing, it's just your perceptions. - GEJ.
Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by russianmob27: 2:08pm On Sep 30, 2013
Big4wig: Just follow d instructions & steps from 1

1. I need to tell u a secret look at 5.

2. D answer is at 11

3.dnt gt mad look at 15.

4. Calm down don't b mad look at 13.

5.first look at 2

6.dnt b dat angry look at 12.

7. I just wanted to let you know dat I DON'T CARE

8.what I have to tell is .....d answer is on 14.

9. B patient look at 4.

10. Dis is d last tym I'm goin 2 do dz,look at 7.

11. I hope u re nt mad wen i say dz look at 6.dnt

12. Sorry look at 8.

13. Dnt gt mad look at 10.

14. I dnt know Hw 2 say dz bt look at 3.

15. U must b really mad,look at number 10.

Mr Ode burukutu[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by iamlukky(m): 2:16pm On Sep 30, 2013
Eeyah
Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by mjizzie(m): 2:21pm On Sep 30, 2013
joshua idibia: angry N320BN missing,nd yet more stl dy o. Yet,1 ediot of a woman will say d N400BN dmanded by ASUU will cripple our economy.
Na Thunder wey dey strike go finsih to in power tryin to make Nigeria students suffer for Notin
Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by Hamsaini: 2:29pm On Sep 30, 2013
E'yaaaaaaaaaa, no heart atack for me, it has been long i giveup hope shaa.
Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by dady12: 2:54pm On Sep 30, 2013
ASUU strike ,320 billions missing,boko haram killing,unemployement at the highest level,curruption at all level,poor infrastural development = fresh air ,vote for GEJ in 2015,their days are number
Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by ShineuEye: 3:58pm On Sep 30, 2013
eGuerrilla: Despite obvious, widespread graft, Jonathan says Nigeria corruption exaggerated

#Team Fresh Air - NOT#

Sorry bros but you're not allowed to comment.
You should be concerned with the theft and price of cocoa. Thanks.
Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by victorious1986: 4:48pm On Sep 30, 2013
Is this an excuse to further this ASUU thing?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Presidency Finalises Plan To Sell Two Aircraft / 2019: FG Assures International Community Buhari Is Healthy / Fuel Subsidy: A Play On Nigerian Citizens By Oke Umurhohwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.