Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,715 members, 7,889,276 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 07:31 AM

Why Asbestos (asbestors) Is Used Only In Poor Countries - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Why Asbestos (asbestors) Is Used Only In Poor Countries (2411 Views)

Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. / Advice Needed: Between Pvc, Asbestos And Pop / What's The Alternative To Asbestos Ceiling In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Asbestos (asbestors) Is Used Only In Poor Countries by thirdeye(m): 10:16pm On Jun 26, 2008
Asbestos causes serious harm to the unsuspecting public. Why? because the effects is noticeable after a long time of being static in human system. And where you don't have good health care system it may be impossible for the local health industry to track the effects to this product.
Re: Why Asbestos (asbestors) Is Used Only In Poor Countries by boriswole: 7:38pm On Jun 27, 2008
WRONG!!!!, I had the opportunity of visiting the nigerite factory in 2005,the material asbestos in itself is harmful but has since been faced out and replaced by other components including paper, cement etc. The name however has stuck. No one includes asbestos in making roofing sheets anymore.
Re: Why Asbestos (asbestors) Is Used Only In Poor Countries by thirdeye(m): 3:34am On Jun 28, 2008
Are you sure of this. Which Nigerite company did you go to Lagos or Sapele? Asbestos is still in use around your neighbourhood I am very sure of that .
Re: Why Asbestos (asbestors) Is Used Only In Poor Countries by abujabooks(f): 11:01am On Jul 02, 2008
@Thirdeye,

I always look forward to reading your informative information on real estate.

Keep up the work!

(1) (Reply)

Filling Stations For Sale In Benin (edo State) / sold out / How Much Will It Cost For Foundation And Building A House To The Roof

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.