Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,627 members, 7,937,846 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 01:05 PM

Yummylicious Abacha Recipe (with Pic). Spoil Yourself A Lil. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Yummylicious Abacha Recipe (with Pic). Spoil Yourself A Lil. (4597 Views)

My Garden Egg, Cabbage, And Egusi Soup Recipe (with PHOTOS) / Recipe For Losing Weight..... Lose 12kg In Two Weeks / Calling On All NKWOBI Lovers...recipe With Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yummylicious Abacha Recipe (with Pic). Spoil Yourself A Lil. by chidarl85: 4:43pm On Sep 30, 2013
Ingredients:
Abacha
2 spoons potash (akaun)
Palm Oil
2 handfuls Crayfish
Pomo/Canda (chopped into small pieces - optional)
Dry Pepper
Ugba/Ukpaka (oil bean seeds)
Knorr
Salt
Onion rings
Garden eggs
Garden egg leaves
Fried Fish

Directions:
Fry the dry pepper (without oil) in a pan till it blackens a little then grind with a dry mill. Do the same for the crayfish and set them aside. This frying releases their flavors but is optional if you don't have a dry mill. Just buy the crayfish and dry pepper already ground.

Soak the abacha in water for like 3minutes. Drain into a strainer and set aside.

Grind the potash and add a cup of water to it. Stir well and strain into the pot you'll be making the abacha in. Put the pot on the stove and heat.

Add the palm oil to the pot and stir well for like 5minutes then turn off the heat. Add the abacha, ugba, pomo, crayfish and knorr. Add the pepper one spoon at a time and taste so that you don't put too much. Mix everything together and taste. Adjust seasoning if necessary.

Dish into a plate and garnish with garden eggs and garden egg leaves. Finish off with fried fish and ENJOY!!!

Get other delicious recipes from http://chichiscuisine..com/

Re: Yummylicious Abacha Recipe (with Pic). Spoil Yourself A Lil. by IFY124(f): 10:12pm On Sep 30, 2013
Am salivating] but u did not say anything abt d potash

2 Likes

Re: Yummylicious Abacha Recipe (with Pic). Spoil Yourself A Lil. by chidarl85: 11:23am On Oct 01, 2013
IFY124: Am salivating] but u did not say anything abt d potash

Hi Ify, I did say something about it on the 3rd paragraph of the directions. Said u shud gring it and add water den seive into a pot.
Re: Yummylicious Abacha Recipe (with Pic). Spoil Yourself A Lil. by degurl(f): 12:29pm On Oct 01, 2013
Thanks for this recipe. will certainly try it out.
Re: Yummylicious Abacha Recipe (with Pic). Spoil Yourself A Lil. by chidarl85: 4:36pm On Oct 01, 2013
degurl: Thanks for this recipe. will certainly try it out.

You're welcome degurl. Do let me kno how it goes.
Re: Yummylicious Abacha Recipe (with Pic). Spoil Yourself A Lil. by IFY124(f): 6:35pm On Oct 04, 2013
Thanks 4 d recipe. I tried it and it was WOW! I forgot to take pics tthough
Re: Yummylicious Abacha Recipe (with Pic). Spoil Yourself A Lil. by Sozzy(f): 11:26pm On Oct 04, 2013
Been rooting for d recipe,,,,,,,,definitely gonna try it soon......... Thanks
Re: Yummylicious Abacha Recipe (with Pic). Spoil Yourself A Lil. by k0d3ch1k(f): 11:13pm On Oct 05, 2013
Awwwwwww! I've been searchin 4 dis. Tnx @op
Re: Yummylicious Abacha Recipe (with Pic). Spoil Yourself A Lil. by chidarl85: 2:50pm On Oct 06, 2013
IFY124: Thanks 4 d recipe. I tried it and it was WOW! I forgot to take pics tthough

Awwwww, I'm like smiling so bad here. I'm glad u liked it. I wish u took pics! #sobs
Re: Yummylicious Abacha Recipe (with Pic). Spoil Yourself A Lil. by chidarl85: 5:58pm On Oct 08, 2013
Sozzy: Been rooting for d recipe,,,,,,,,definitely gonna try it soon......... Thanks

Please let me know how it goes! Thanks!!!
Re: Yummylicious Abacha Recipe (with Pic). Spoil Yourself A Lil. by chidarl85: 3:21pm On Oct 11, 2013
k0d3ch1k: Awwwwwww! I've been searchin 4 dis. Tnx @op

You're welcome...let me know how it goes!
Re: Yummylicious Abacha Recipe (with Pic). Spoil Yourself A Lil. by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 11, 2013
Thank You for this recipe..can you also post that for nkwobi? In anticipation, Thank You.
Re: Yummylicious Abacha Recipe (with Pic). Spoil Yourself A Lil. by chidarl85: 3:41pm On Oct 12, 2013
PastelChic: Thank You for this recipe..can you also post that for nkwobi? In anticipation, Thank You.
Thnx for ur rqst...I'll post the Nkwobi some time next week.
Re: Yummylicious Abacha Recipe (with Pic). Spoil Yourself A Lil. by Nobody: 11:25pm On Oct 15, 2013
chidarl85:
Thnx for ur rqst...I'll post the Nkwobi some time next week.
thank you.will watch out for it.
Re: Yummylicious Abacha Recipe (with Pic). Spoil Yourself A Lil. by chidarl85: 6:34pm On Oct 16, 2013
PastelChic: thank you.will watch out for it.

Hello dear, I've posted the nkwobi recipe on http://chichiscuisine..com/

2 Likes

Re: Yummylicious Abacha Recipe (with Pic). Spoil Yourself A Lil. by chidarl85: 5:22pm On Oct 25, 2013
Coconut Rice recipe on http://chichiscuisine..com/

Add me on twitter @chichiscuisine
Or on BB 7B019E04
Re: Yummylicious Abacha Recipe (with Pic). Spoil Yourself A Lil. by chidarl85: 2:29pm On Nov 01, 2013
New recipes now on http://chichiscuisine..com/
Re: Yummylicious Abacha Recipe (with Pic). Spoil Yourself A Lil. by Nellyd(f): 6:06pm On Nov 01, 2013
Wow. Thanks Chi..
Re: Yummylicious Abacha Recipe (with Pic). Spoil Yourself A Lil. by chidarl85: 6:23am On Nov 04, 2013
Nellyd: Wow. Thanks Chi..

You're welcome Nelly.
Re: Yummylicious Abacha Recipe (with Pic). Spoil Yourself A Lil. by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 06, 2013
chidarl85:

Hello dear, I've posted the nkwobi recipe on http://chichiscuisine..com/
...Thank You
Re: Yummylicious Abacha Recipe (with Pic). Spoil Yourself A Lil. by chidarl85: 2:26pm On Nov 06, 2013
PastelChic: ...Thank You

Don't mention!
Re: Yummylicious Abacha Recipe (with Pic). Spoil Yourself A Lil. by rofemiguwa(f): 9:58pm On Nov 07, 2013
I made ur beef burgers.it was beyond delish.I no fit Post for blogger dts y I am Posting here.tanks for all ur delicious recipes
Re: Yummylicious Abacha Recipe (with Pic). Spoil Yourself A Lil. by chidarl85: 12:22pm On Nov 08, 2013
rofemiguwa: I made ur beef burgers.it was beyond delish.I no fit Post for blogger dts y I am Posting here.tanks for all ur delicious recipes

Arrrrgh, crying!!! Please can u send the picture to chichiscuisine@gmail.com or u can add me on bb: 7B019E04
Re: Yummylicious Abacha Recipe (with Pic). Spoil Yourself A Lil. by Nellyd(f): 12:56pm On Nov 08, 2013
Hello Chi! Is d crayfish to be fried as well?
Re: Yummylicious Abacha Recipe (with Pic). Spoil Yourself A Lil. by chidarl85: 3:30pm On Nov 08, 2013
Nellyd: Hello Chi! Is d crayfish to be fried as well?

Hello Nelly...yes, you can toast the crayfish on a frying pan too.
Re: Yummylicious Abacha Recipe (with Pic). Spoil Yourself A Lil. by rofemiguwa(f): 1:05pm On Nov 09, 2013
Chichi did u see my mail.I try abi
Re: Yummylicious Abacha Recipe (with Pic). Spoil Yourself A Lil. by chidarl85: 8:27pm On Nov 09, 2013
rofemiguwa: Chichi did u see my mail.I try abi

Yeeeeeessssss I diiiiiiiid. You did rili well dear!
Re: Yummylicious Abacha Recipe (with Pic). Spoil Yourself A Lil. by Nobody: 5:05pm On Nov 13, 2013
So I made this like a week or two ago. My dad and his younger brother, Anambra men, finished the entire pot while eating fried meat, drinking Heineken, and reminiscing of times after the war lol. It's suuuuuuuupeer yummy!

I like my abacha naked o. Apart from small okporoko, daz all lol.

Re: Yummylicious Abacha Recipe (with Pic). Spoil Yourself A Lil. by chidarl85: 12:46pm On Nov 14, 2013
ogugua88: So I made this like a week or two ago. My dad and his younger brother, Anambra men, finished the entire pot while eating fried meat, drinking Heineken, and reminiscing of times after the war lol. It's suuuuuuuupeer yummy!

I like my abacha naked o. Apart from small okporoko, daz all lol.

Wooooow, looks really delicious. Wish I cud get some!
Re: Yummylicious Abacha Recipe (with Pic). Spoil Yourself A Lil. by chidarl85: 4:58pm On Nov 22, 2013
All New Recipe on http://chichiscuisine..com/
Re: Yummylicious Abacha Recipe (with Pic). Spoil Yourself A Lil. by chidarl85: 10:39am On Jan 14, 2015
All new recipe on http://chichiscuisine..com

(1) (Reply)

1 Gallon Authentic Texas BBQ Sauce -N5000 / How To Cook Egusi Soup (the Caking Method) / What Is The Razzest Food That U Just Lurv?share!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.