Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,171 members, 7,916,420 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 11:02 PM

Woman Gets Two Years For Aiding Nigerian Internet Check Scam (pc World) - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Woman Gets Two Years For Aiding Nigerian Internet Check Scam (pc World) (745 Views)

How Poor, Slow Connections Torment Nigerian Internet Users / Nigerian Internet Nigeria / Poor Internet Services By All Nigerian Internet Providers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Woman Gets Two Years For Aiding Nigerian Internet Check Scam (pc World) by ariy(m): 9:51am On Jun 27, 2008
A Washington woman was sentenced on Wednesday to two years in prison and five years of supervised release for her role in an Internet counterfeit check scheme.

Edna Fiedler pleaded guilty in March to attempting to defraud U.S. citizens in a scheme known as a Nigerian check scam.

Fiedler helped her accomplices in Nigeria send fake checks to people who had agreed to cash the checks on behalf of the sender, keeping some of the proceeds and sending the rest back.

The Nigerians found people willing to cash the fake checks via e-mail. They would send their names as well as fake documents that looked like Wal-Mart money orders, Bank of America checks, U.S. Postal Service checks and American Express traveler's checks to Fiedler. They told her how to fill out the checks and where to send them.

http://tech.yahoo.com/news/pcworld/147575
Re: Woman Gets Two Years For Aiding Nigerian Internet Check Scam (pc World) by fransois2(m): 10:06am On Jun 27, 2008
It's very painful to see how some ruthless people keep dragging us down with their shameful act. When will these scams and frauds end?
cry

(1) (Reply)

New Pc - My Pc! I Thank God O! Ha! I Thank U God / Laptop Battery Needed Urgently. (With Pics) / Facebook Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.