Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,628 members, 7,951,593 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 07:03 PM

She Is Not Marrying My Friend Because He Is Igbo - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Is Not Marrying My Friend Because He Is Igbo (1143 Views)

Deflowering A Girl And Not Marrying Her. Any Implication? / Marrying My Age Mate. Right/wrong? / Black Or White, You're The Same When It Comes To You Marrying My Nigerian Men! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Is Not Marrying My Friend Because He Is Igbo by NEWBIN: 9:06pm On Sep 30, 2013
my friend was denied at the last hour from marrying a lady he had dated for 6 years by the family all because he is igbo and the lady's parents are yoruba. Though the lady still loves my friend so much, her family have ordered her to look for a non~igbo husband.
is there ant hope for my friend?
Re: She Is Not Marrying My Friend Because He Is Igbo by pasqal09: 10:02pm On Sep 30, 2013
NEW BIN: my friend was denied at the last hour from marrying a lady he had dated for 6 years by the family all because he is igbo and the lady's parents are yoruba. Though the lady still loves my friend so much, her family have ordered her to look for a non~igbo husband.

Do things like this still happen in this present civilized time an age?
Some ppl are still living with prehistoric mentality!
Re: She Is Not Marrying My Friend Because He Is Igbo by Nobody: 12:49am On Oct 01, 2013
It's always harder for Yoruba parents to allow the daugthers marry outside their tribe than it is for the boys because the belief is that the woman is the one who has to change so basically she becomes a member of her husband's tribe and the same for the children. Also a lot of parents fear that their daughters will be victimised since they are unfamiliar with the other culture. Maybe your friend and his girl can have her parents meet his and show them that she'll be going to a loving family who will take care of her.

2 Likes

Re: She Is Not Marrying My Friend Because He Is Igbo by SLIDEwaxie(m): 3:59am On Oct 01, 2013
It is very simple:

Wen an igbo husband dies, the family will accuse the lady, pursue am, ask am to drink water used to wash dead body, and so on!

Pls, don't abuse me o. Na from movie i watch am o!

1 Like

Re: She Is Not Marrying My Friend Because He Is Igbo by pasqal09: 7:02am On Oct 01, 2013
SLIDE waxie: It is very simple:

Wen an igbo husband dies, the family will accuse the lady, pursue am, ask am to drink water used to wash dead body, and so on!

1 Like

Re: She Is Not Marrying My Friend Because He Is Igbo by alienware(m): 7:15am On Oct 01, 2013
Those yoruba parents must be narrow minded. If she truely loves the woman,they should elope .
Re: She Is Not Marrying My Friend Because He Is Igbo by Muller7(m): 7:53am On Oct 01, 2013
SLIDE waxie: It is very simple:

Ignoramus!!!
Re: She Is Not Marrying My Friend Because He Is Igbo by adconline(m): 7:56am On Oct 01, 2013
Why waste six dating and u never had any inkling that their parents might object? Some peeps just love to live in denial.. The lady in question should have known that her parents will not allow her to marry outside her tribe.. They are deluded bunch!

1 Like

Re: She Is Not Marrying My Friend Because He Is Igbo by MrsChima(f): 11:39am On Oct 01, 2013
It's her choice.
Re: She Is Not Marrying My Friend Because He Is Igbo by Tyche(m): 1:02pm On Oct 01, 2013
What is the name of this movie?
Re: She Is Not Marrying My Friend Because He Is Igbo by Lucasbalo(m): 1:45pm On Oct 01, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
It's her choice.
. Amen.
Re: She Is Not Marrying My Friend Because He Is Igbo by boron10(m): 2:30pm On Oct 01, 2013
NEW BIN: my friend was denied at the last hour from marrying a lady he had dated for 6 years by the family all because he is igbo and the lady's parents are yoruba. Though the lady still loves my friend so much, her family have ordered her to look for a non~igbo husband.
Oboy, you don still come throw lie for here? bin gbagbo grin grin

(1) (Reply)

10 THINGS YOU MUST NOT DO AS A LADY TO GET MARRIED / Is It Possible To Fall In Love With A Facebook Friend You Hv Never Seen? / What Re D Probs Of Guys Dat Lve SEX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.