Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,767 members, 7,875,924 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:22 AM

Retouching Troubles - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Retouching Troubles (7029 Views)

Is it advisable to shampoo my hair two days before retouching / A Dude Needs Advice For His Hair Troubles / What is the effect of retouching the hair and Fixing/Braiding it the same day? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Retouching Troubles by rofemiguwa(f): 9:01pm On Oct 01, 2013
I have this coarse hair texture.I normally retouch every 3months with dark and lovely kits.due to my hair I have to stay a little bit longer to let the hair relax more.I can stay up to 45mins.I had no issues with dark and lovely .anyway in my quest for stronger,longer,healthier hair someone suggested I start using organics relaxer.that's when the issue started.while they are stil retouching my scalp is already on fire by the tym the are done I can only stay a few minutes and I end up with burnt scalp and under relaxed hair. My stylist said I should try megagrowth relaxers.am jus scared and tired of d burns plus I don't want anytin that will destroy the hair am so much trying to grow.pls any advice or suggestion for a sister in need.thanks and God bless for your kind comments kiss
Re: Retouching Troubles by Loveangel1(f): 8:16am On Oct 02, 2013
Why don't u try Profective relaxer kit, been using it for yrs n I've never experienced any burn even though my scalp is sensitive.
Re: Retouching Troubles by rofemiguwa(f): 12:17am On Oct 03, 2013
Tanks love I tink this mega growth is also by proflectiv or do u mean dt one in white n black pack.thanks 4 d contribution
Re: Retouching Troubles by Yvete(f): 2:18am On Oct 03, 2013
rofemiguwa: I start using organics relaxer.that's when the issue started.while they are stil retouching my scalp is already on fire by the tym the are done

Organics or Organic Root Stimulator? I highly recommend ORS, Profectiv or Venus relaxer for very coarse hair like mine. Forget at-home relaxer kits, use cup relaxers. How soon do you retouch after a wash? ... clean scalps burn more....I think!
Re: Retouching Troubles by Nobody: 7:11am On Oct 03, 2013
My dear the same thing happened to me oh! And what's worse is that I have soft hair. Its either they didn't relax the hair smoothley enuf or it burnt my scalp. Until I discovered UB its really nice on my hair. I think you should just pick a basic relaxer like revlon Tcb ub etc and stay true to it following the instructions oh! Don't leave it on your hair for more than the time stipulated.
Re: Retouching Troubles by iamteekaygal(f): 12:40pm On Oct 03, 2013
rofemiguwa: Tanks love I tink this mega growth is also by proflectiv or do u mean dt one in white n black pack.thanks 4 d contribution

Yes, its the same I think the difference is some comes in 4 in a pack with smapoo and conditioner and the other comes with6 in a pack. But its seems its not all hairdressers that knows how to make use of it. My hairdresser has been applying it to my hair all the time with no burn and relaxes my hair fast. But when I tried another salon, I had burns all over. So I think how it is applied is also important.
Re: Retouching Troubles by rofemiguwa(f): 12:55pm On Oct 04, 2013
Yvete its organics by africa best I used.then those lye relaxers changes d colour of my hair.my mum had to cut my hair down to the roots in 2007 coz my hair was now brown.and warned me neva to use those cup relaxers.that's when I started using kits.today I have dark black hair and I don't wanna lose it(I have suddenly gone hair crazy grin).I jus want a full healthy hair.I don't wash my hair before retouching too.maybe I should jus go back to dark n lovely embarassed.jus want the best for my hair.thanks ya all .does anyone know anytin about dark and lovely products.can't remeber why I stopped it sef
Re: Retouching Troubles by queenesthr(f): 3:37pm On Oct 04, 2013
No Lye relaxers are gentle on the scalp but harsh on the hair
Lye relaxers are gentle on the hair but harsh on the scalp
So, ladies the choice is yours - your hair or your scalp!

1 Like

Re: Retouching Troubles by queenesthr(f): 3:42pm On Oct 04, 2013
Personally, I have a strong scalp but weak hair so I use Lye relaxers - Silk Elements Mega Silk relaxer with Shea Butter has been the best for me.
I don't allow the stylist to comb the hair at all after applying the relaxer, just a light massage with fingers. And am ok.

Re: Retouching Troubles by queenesthr(f): 3:44pm On Oct 04, 2013
If you have a soft scalp but tough hair, No Lye relaxers may be more advisable for you.
Just try out a few and discover what works best for you.

But no matter the relaxer you use, ensure you deep condition your hair regularly with a protein enriched deep conditioner.

(1) (Reply)

Re-growing Your Front Hair/hair Line / Beautiful Peruvian And Brazilian Virgin Hairs At Give Away Price / School uniforms and shirt Monogramming In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.