Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,377 members, 7,891,631 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 04:21 PM

How Do I Disclose This!? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Disclose This!? (1532 Views)

Come In Lets Disclose Some Few Secrets Abt Us. / Reasons Why Ladies Seem More Reluctant To Disclose Their Age To Others Than Men / Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Disclose This!? by chy(f): 12:09pm On Jun 06, 2006
My friends mum is keen on knowing if she is dating a serious guy or not
she is dating a guy but afraid to disclose this to her since the guy is not from
her tribe but the Guy is damn serious and maybe visiting her parents this december
please help me let me help my friend .
She has assured the guy theirs no problem is just for her to tell the mum
which is the best approach?
Re: How Do I Disclose This!? by Hotstepper(f): 3:49pm On Jun 06, 2006
she should tell her mom now and see her respond instead embrassing the guy when he eventually comes, SIMPLE

MOM, am dating some1 datz very serious and wants to marry me. he is igbo, yoruba or wuteva da case maybe . the mom will den reply and if itz not wat shez expecting, den they can debate on it
Re: How Do I Disclose This!? by twinstaiye(m): 4:58pm On Jun 06, 2006
How old is your friend, what is she doing now, i mean is she still in school? or working? If schooling what is her level of education? Had she ever had any relationship before, if yes, did her parent aware of such relationships. This are necessary to enable us aprise the situation very well. But for now, I want to agree with Hotstepper.
Re: How Do I Disclose This!? by BitterBitch(f): 7:11pm On Jun 06, 2006
Being that I am a Black American, I may sound ignorant in this question, but how important and why is it so important that you stay within your tribe? You can't find true love in another tribe, etc?

Also by my being American, does that mean I wouldn't be accepted by the parents of my friend if he was Nigerian, because I am not from the same tribe?

Just asking to get a better understanding.
Re: How Do I Disclose This!? by mamaput(f): 7:55pm On Jun 06, 2006
@SweetNess its almost the sme as if you would come home with a white guy
Re: How Do I Disclose This!? by BitterBitch(f): 10:29pm On Jun 06, 2006
@mama, thanks. I understood as soon as you put it out there. But I would feel horrible to love someone from a tribe being Black American and not be accepted by his parents. But I guess that's life.
Re: How Do I Disclose This!? by chy(f): 8:24am On Jun 07, 2006
@twintaiye she is working and has been in relationships
but the are not as serious as this one
Hope this will help
Re: How Do I Disclose This!? by twinstaiye(m): 8:55am On Jun 07, 2006
Tell your friend to tell her mum now, the earlier she said No, the better for you guys to employ other means to let her see reasons. Since she is a working class, I want to believe she is ripe for marriage, so the situation where the parent will based their objection on her finishing her studies is no more there. A woman's ripe for marriage is very seasonal, this is her chance, you need to be aggressive with it. Armed with different types of people who will make her see reasons should in case she said NO. I wish you and your friend best of luck.
Re: How Do I Disclose This!? by chy(f): 9:47am On Jun 07, 2006
thanks@twinstaiye
Re: How Do I Disclose This!? by edatika(m): 11:24am On Jun 07, 2006
Sweet,
i can imagine the way u feel , but like u said it's life, in ur locality, it's either u are black or u are white, but remember evn the white might frown at marriage to those in from the middle east. it has to do with religious beliefs, way of life etc amongst others,
hope that helps a bit.

Chy,
i very much agree with Twinstaye, the earlier u tell her mother the better.Time is more unfair to the woman.tell the mother early, so that u get the "no" early.
You guys could even go see someone she respects and listens to (say an elderly person), tell that person, convince that person, You might even eventually take the guy to that person.
this elder can even talk to her mother before you guys.

mind you if the mother says no!, tell her not to be rude about it,
let her not to be proving that she's old enough to decide bla bla bla,
u have to be diplomatic about it,
and surprisingly, the mother could okay the relationship.

OUR PARENTS.ESPECIALLY MOTHERS KNOW MORE THAN WE DO
THEY WANT THE BEST FOR US,
SHE WANTS THE BEST FOR HER.
Re: How Do I Disclose This!? by beyunce(f): 3:21pm On Jun 07, 2006
he should try and be himself.

but nt the bad part.

Ur friend should know Wat her mum likes in a man that would like to marry her daughter
Re: How Do I Disclose This!? by buukie(m): 5:19pm On Jun 07, 2006
I agree with edatika, you guys should seek someone her mother respects who you believe has a libral mind; This person might volunteer to speak to her mum, from then on I want to believe it will be smooth ( I PRAY SO!).

However, if one is to look at it from the very extreme radicalist point, She can take in fro the guy if she is sure he is the one she is willing to spend the rest of her life with. ( I stand Accused!)
Re: How Do I Disclose This!? by Bosdem(f): 4:53pm On Sep 21, 2007
Tell her mum, before inviting the guy home
Re: How Do I Disclose This!? by Ralvy(m): 4:59pm On Sep 21, 2007
Tell her mum, before inviting the guy home

You've Said IT

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Think About Love Behind Bars with the outside world? / Does Money Equal Love? / She Is Now Under Campus Pressure I Think, What Do I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.