Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,544 members, 7,941,084 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 04:57 PM

Tom Clancy Dies At 66 - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tom Clancy Dies At 66 (15195 Views)

Tom Clancy, U.S. Master Of Spy Thriller Novels,dies At 66 / Tom Clancy Is Dead / Tom Clancy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tom Clancy Dies At 66 by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 02, 2013
dczieta: He brought us the splinter cell character(sam fisher) why do beta people like this die while bastards like assad,obj.atiku,mugabe,and all those north korean leaders live?
I think they live just so that folks like the dear departed Tom Clancy can have materials to write about
Re: Tom Clancy Dies At 66 by Onyenna(m): 5:59pm On Oct 02, 2013
Aaaaaarrggghh!!!! **Breaks down in tears!!!!!** Rip Tom Clancy!! I wish I met you in person!!!

1 Like

Re: Tom Clancy Dies At 66 by ezeuba(m): 6:00pm On Oct 02, 2013
His books always leave me wanting for more... His detailed story-telling makes you wonder if it was really fiction. RIP Tom.
Re: Tom Clancy Dies At 66 by Highjayklm(f): 6:01pm On Oct 02, 2013
[quote author=Lordave]Rip to the best author.
I read 66 of his books before 1966. I was not even up to 16 years then.
Kai, some ppl can lie!!!

1 Like

Re: Tom Clancy Dies At 66 by nerodenero: 6:03pm On Oct 02, 2013
yuzedo: Cause of death?

Rest in Peace, Tom. What more can a man ask for after attaining Legend status? Certainly made your marks in the sands of time..
This is when 'Yuzedo' is not doing the banana thing!!!
Re: Tom Clancy Dies At 66 by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 02, 2013
Oh no! Clancy is gone...This is Sad..the man got lotsa stuff and i know hav watched da Black October movie that featured Sean Connery...am gonna get da rest, both cds n books...and Splinter Cell-Conviction,Chaos Theory,Double Agent-is my favourite mobile game.. H.A.W.X. is too large an application to run.. RIP man n do say hi to James Hardley Chase and Ian Fleming....condolences to fans worldwide...
Re: Tom Clancy Dies At 66 by DGREATBISHOP: 6:14pm On Oct 02, 2013
R.I.P
Re: Tom Clancy Dies At 66 by Enoquin(f): 6:24pm On Oct 02, 2013
R.I.P Tom Clancy
Re: Tom Clancy Dies At 66 by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 02, 2013
SimonAndal:
_

Jesus Christ! Guy I hereby volunteer to buy you bleaching cream for the next 7 years.

I actually love his dark skin.
Re: Tom Clancy Dies At 66 by darenxy732: 6:35pm On Oct 02, 2013
ghost recon
Re: Tom Clancy Dies At 66 by drey08(m): 6:40pm On Oct 02, 2013
I I knw z dat I play alot of PS3 shooter games by Tom Clancy.RIP ZIR
Re: Tom Clancy Dies At 66 by drey08(m): 6:40pm On Oct 02, 2013
AIl I knw z dat I play alot of PS3 shooter games by Tom Clancy.RIP ZIR
Re: Tom Clancy Dies At 66 by Ajibel(m): 6:47pm On Oct 02, 2013
Awww... RIP cry
Re: Tom Clancy Dies At 66 by ogtavia(m): 7:01pm On Oct 02, 2013
timpaker: One of my favourite author.
I love his style of writing especially the detective/cop thing.
We (his fans) will miss him greatly.
my fav from him is "OPERATION RAINBOW", "DEBT OF HONOUR" and "RAINBOW SIX"
Rest in Peace Sir!
cry cry cry cry

tell me abt it...bro...tell me abt it...i particularly enjoyed playing rainbow six vegas...i am deeply touched by his death....even splinter cell series on mobile is really fresh air ....who knows Forsythe?
Re: Tom Clancy Dies At 66 by Isaiah90(m): 7:15pm On Oct 02, 2013
splinter cell conviction. mehn i love this game, i always play it in my Android phone. sam Fisher, Sarah, reed the bad guy etc
Re: Tom Clancy Dies At 66 by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 02, 2013
masonkz:

I actually love his dark skin.
_

I know. And I love your fair skin.
Re: Tom Clancy Dies At 66 by jgatherer(m): 7:44pm On Oct 02, 2013
'Kokoro o je ki a gbadun obi to gbo'
Intellectuals nd people who mean well for us often die early.On the other hand 'mofos' nd 'fucktards' who've got nothing to offer us bt compound our woes r cruising arnd...what a world !
Re: Tom Clancy Dies At 66 by daylae(m): 7:51pm On Oct 02, 2013
who wouldn't love his works, especially when you're keen to reading about clandestine stuffs. . . respect.
Re: Tom Clancy Dies At 66 by naptu2: 7:58pm On Oct 02, 2013
"Debt of Honour" by Tom Clancy.

On September 11th and 12th 2001 I kept wondering if we were experiencing another "War of The Worlds" moment. This was Debt of Honour come to life!

Tom Clancy and Jackie Collins. I can never thank them enough.
Re: Tom Clancy Dies At 66 by akandea(m): 8:13pm On Oct 02, 2013
Rest in peace Tom Clancy, I will miss ur work!
Re: Tom Clancy Dies At 66 by thuao(m): 8:38pm On Oct 02, 2013
What a big loss.
He was a good writer.
Tom clancy is a greay man, he is dead, but his manhood lives on. smiley angry
RIP
Re: Tom Clancy Dies At 66 by passionate88: 8:57pm On Oct 02, 2013
demelza: One of my faves along with Robert Ludlum.
Thanks for sharing your stories with us Mr. Clancy cry
R.I.P Tom. I love your works
Re: Tom Clancy Dies At 66 by An0nimus: 8:58pm On Oct 02, 2013
This got to me I have to say. #RIP Tom Clancy.
Re: Tom Clancy Dies At 66 by afroxyz: 8:59pm On Oct 02, 2013
Lordave: Rip to the best author.
I read 66 of his books before 1966. I was not even up to 16 years then.
Liar!!!

2 Likes

Re: Tom Clancy Dies At 66 by Nobody: 9:23pm On Oct 02, 2013
koolet: Tom clancys ghost recon. mission imposible.... He died but his hand work liveth..... cool

Mission impossible? Aren't you confusing Tom Cruise with him?

May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Tom Clancy Dies At 66 by Tinyemeka(m): 9:46pm On Oct 02, 2013
koolet: Tom clancys ghost recon. mission imposible.... He died but his work liveth..... cool
I guess his ghost is on a reconnaissance of this thread as we speak.
Ghost Mode tins!

With respect to the topic, the news of his death came to me as a shock naturally.

Unfortunately, this was somewhat dampened to an extent. While in sch, Clancy was my favourite favouritest author! I used to dump my materials to read any new Clancy novel I laid hands on. And this was during exam periods. But as I grew older and my interests widened to include other genres and authors, I somewhat came to the conclusion that Clancy was extremely biased in his writings and ultra-right wing American in his views which also influenced his works. Also, the books tended to delve excessively into too much technical details and plots that would eventually leave most readers "overwhelmed", cause them to lose interest towards the middle of the book, then jump to the concluding chapters in order to get done with the book - compare this with Grisham's narration of courtroom sessions (The Runaway Jury), how he describes spending money to sound like comic fun (The Firm, King of Torts), etc - then you might get a picture of what I am trying to say about Clancy. I don't know if it was his collaboration with Steve Pieczenik et al and the other ghost writers that led to this. I stopped reading Clancy around 2007. Grisham, Dan Brown and Stephen King stole me heart ever since.

My personal views though. This does not diminish the fact that the world has suddenly lost of of her best and most prolific of modern day authors. He will be greatly missed, but I forsee several best-sellers that will still be published in due course under his name.

Tom Clancy was a great author.
Re: Tom Clancy Dies At 66 by vislabraye(m): 10:01pm On Oct 02, 2013
Am surprised to hear Tom Clancy is dead. He was a great writer. I've watch the movie adaptation of some of his book.
His style of writing is different. He focuses so much in the technicalities and plot. Good writer
Re: Tom Clancy Dies At 66 by Strongfaze(m): 10:07pm On Oct 02, 2013
R.I.P Tom clancy. No one has mentioned my favourite novel of his, titled (ACTS OF WAR). It gives you the grip on the fragile middle east.
Re: Tom Clancy Dies At 66 by Coldsteel(m): 10:18pm On Oct 02, 2013
RIP HERO.THANKS FOR ALL THE GREAT STORIES
Re: Tom Clancy Dies At 66 by OnoEdosio(m): 10:39pm On Oct 02, 2013
Sad!! Had a wonderful romance with those books.
Re: Tom Clancy Dies At 66 by vivaciousvivi(f): 10:39pm On Oct 02, 2013
Omg! He is dead??! But 66 isn't quite old at all and don't writers live a pretty sedentry life? RIP Mr. Clancy. And to think I finally bought the "Hunt for Red October" after searching for it or so long.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? / NADIA AND ETHAN (marriage Contract Gone Wrong) / The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.