Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,001 members, 7,896,235 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 09:22 AM

Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting (38002 Views)

Why Is Pastor Adeboye Visiting Governors With Mandates Challenged In Court? / "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! / Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by Nobody: 9:03pm On Oct 04, 2013
myOGAonTOP: I love those guys. Great historians. 'Awake' remains on top ten monthly publications.
worldwide it isn't an easy feat.
There are 5 major reasons why God's word is the truth. #district Assembly
myOGAonTOP: I love those guys. Great historians. 'Awake' remains on top ten monthly publications.
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by Jarus(m): 9:06pm On Oct 04, 2013
infonubia: Most of us at some point have had encounters with Jehovah Witnesses. While some encounters are pleasant; you kindly tell them you aren't interested and they leave in peace, some aren't. If you tell them you are busy, like a salesperson, they try to reschedule.

But going as far as firing 19 rounds? I think that's going overboard.

Centeron, Arkansas police said 35-year-old John Baldwin fired about 19 shots at a group of three Jehovah Witnesses after telling them to get lost.

According to reports, everything was fine when the Jehovah's Witnesses first arrived at Baldwin's home on Saturday. But when Baldwin learned the men were Jehovah's Witnesses, he allegedly told them to "get the [expletive] off my property" and said "Get me my 9" as the men were getting into their car.

Police said they found 13 shell casings and a Springfield XDM-9mm handgun in front of Baldwin's house, according to reports. Baldwin was arrested and released on $50,000 bond. He will be charged with felony aggravated assault, the station notes.

Luckily, the three men escaped unhurt.

Baldwin could be slammed with a $10,000 fine and jailed for six years.

This could also happen to folks who do door to door sales job. Please be careful.

http://www.infonubia.com/2013/10/man-fires-19-rounds-at-jehovah-witnesses.html

Some people get psycho
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by bd4u(f): 9:10pm On Oct 04, 2013
[quote author=Hezron Lorraine]Not when they come for my money every sunday.it became tiring as they visited me each sunday with new magazines and bulletins. U wish to buy from dem, it's not by force, nonsense!
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by patostation(m): 10:03pm On Oct 04, 2013
Mekanus: If i had a 'gun' i would have done so to most of these religitads in naija. I wonder if to accept this their so called christ na by force

Making disciples as Jesus instructed is never by force but by persuasion. Abi has any Witness of Jehovah ever pulled a gun at you to follow Jesus? If they have never forced you, why are you making fuss out of nothing?

1 Like

Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by eminex(m): 10:04pm On Oct 04, 2013
daz_york:
Eeya. See this poor mugu.
Direct sales, literature publishing, real estate holding, hedge fund investment engine is the one you are carrying on your head.
My people sha.. sad.

u re so myopic in ur reasonin. Do u think JWs have no job, businesses, companies, careers & all like every other person. Do u think they live of d contributions u make? Now listen carefully, they re bosses & MDs of big companies, scholars & professional persons. Ur contribution is nothin compared 2 wot individual JW contribute 2 d preachin work & services.

6 Likes

Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by bd4u(f): 10:46pm On Oct 04, 2013
He who has ear let HIM hear! Narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Matt 7:14.

1 Like

Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by DanAnyiam: 11:43pm On Oct 04, 2013
daz_york:
If you don't know what you're talking about, pls don't talk. The organisation is an immensely wealthy real estate/publishing/hedge fund operation which depends on extraction of money for books, magazines and "worldwide work contributions" from its captive market of 7 million plus "interested persons".
They have suffered financially recently after losing billions in the American real estate market crash and several multimillion dollar payouts to settle child abuse cases in Australia and Canada. In addition their income base is shrinking because many of their old members are dying and their young are leaving in droves. Hence, the whip is being cracked from HQ to bring more people in for the sinking ship to be propped up.
They are broke and haemorrhaging money and have even been forced to sell their new York HQ. They are selling this to their members as a move to a new headquarters to "further the work" etc etc but in actual fact, maintaining that Brooklyn skyscraper is just too expensive when their members are not able to remit more money than they are and the next generation of mugu are running away in their tens of thousands. The new HQ places emphasis on "natural lighting" and "energy saving" measures ostensibly for environmental protection reasons but in actual fact, it is because they are broke and falling apart.
So before you start shooting off your mouth about their grand "projects" around the world, try to at least gain understanding of the Bible-flavoured door-to-door sales ponzi scheme they are running.
And don't quote me if you have no meaningful contribution.
I am not a witness and I can't speak for them, but I can't keep mute, while you spread untruth about this people. Can you make reference to the settlement case you are talking about in Canada or Australia or did you just made it up? My wife is a witness for the past 20 years and I cannot exchange her for any person because of how well behave she has become since she became a member. So through her I knew a lot about them. They don't have a clergy class like most churches, they call themselves brothers hence, everyone is equal. They attend their meetings at their hall and at the end the meeting, everyone goes home with his family till next meeting, so where did child abuse get into your system?

You sounded like someone they threw out because of immorality, which is what they do unlike most churches where you can do whatever you like. I will like to be one of them but I find talking to strangers very difficult and since preaching is the basis of their faith, I don't see how I can manage, if not, I will recommend them for anybody, if you have the gut to preach and I do admire them for carrying Jesus's command to preach from house to house.

I think you must surely be a former member that they disfellowshipped, by the tone of your voice, but saying things that is 1000% false is not the way to go. For people who says they can't take no for an an answer, next time they come, tell them that you don't want them to call again and watch as they write it down and they won't come back again. Trust me, I am marrying one them for the last 20 years.
As for young people leaving in drove, you are talking absolute nonsense, my kids goes to their meeting with my wife. My daughter who is now married was baptised when she was 19 and still going with her husband now she is 25. My two sons both love the religion and both were baptised this summer in London. They are now over 7 million in number, I read it from their annual year book, compared to 5 million few years ago. So where did you get your fallacy from?

When I was on holiday with my family 4 years ago in New York, I went to their HQ with my wife to see things for myself and I was totally in awe how these guys are organised, and the guide told us then that they will soon be moving the HQ to the rural area of NY where they bought acre of land after 70 years in brooklyn because they are scaling down the size of their print IN NY, which is done now mostly in their sub-branches like the one in Nigeria and they want to spend more time in preaching.
So that was 4 years ago, I heard that, which they have been planning for years, so for you to seat at your computer and claim that they are broke, hence the reason for moving. I am just looking at their website now jw.org and I can see on the front page, work on their new HQ is in speed of work. Its good to stick to the fact, even if you don't like somebody or something, rather than spreading falsehood as a spite. Have a good life.

13 Likes

Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by DanAnyiam: 11:55pm On Oct 04, 2013
50calibre:

Heresy not hearsay, and yes I prove their doctrine to be nothing but heresy.

Iv come across a few witnesses quoting from a kind of bible, where book like Isaiah is called Messiah, God is Jehovah, anyways I'm not too sure of this, whatever book or publication they bring ( that isnt the bible i know, or in conformity with the bible i know ) to use, I use against them.

As for the heresies, they are many, starting from inheriting the earth, to the 144 thousand, to not accepting Jesus as God, not praying to Jesus, they are many!

Correct me if I'm wrong!!
Don't talk rubbish and spread lies. The witnesses recognised all bibles. I use to accuse my wife who is a witness that they have their own bible, but I was wrong when she showed me her collection of bible. When she does her personal study, she uses more than 3 bible, because of use of language in bible may differ but they are always saying the same thing. The JW uses the New world translation, which I find to have the most modern English, when I compared it to bibles like king James, that is the only different, just the age of English. Just for example, in king james you can read things "Thou shall" and in the New World Translation you will get "You shall".
Isaiah is called Messiah? This the most stupid accusation I knew that is nonsense I have ever heard. If don't know about anything or somebody, don't make thing up, and present it to be a fact or the truth, hence you are putting yourself up for ridicule.

6 Likes

Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by smogup: 11:59pm On Oct 04, 2013
searay: Too bad. RIP to the dead. I come late upon d rush

were u from come sef. If you didnt read the story you should as well see some comments with people saying 9 shots without anyone dead. So keep your RIP to yourself.
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by profeoo(m): 11:59pm On Oct 04, 2013
Dan Anyiam:
I am not a witness and I can't speak for them, but I can't keep mute, while you spread untruth about this people. Can you make reference to the settlement case you are talking about in Canada or Australia or did you just made it up? My wife is a witness for the past 20 years and I cannot exchange her for any person because of how well behave she has become since she became a member. So through her I knew a lot about them. They don't have a clergy class like most churches, they call themselves brothers hence, everyone is equal. They attend their meetings at their hall and at the end the meeting, everyone goes home with his family till next meeting, so where did child abuse get into your system?

You sounded like someone they threw out because of immorality, which is what they do unlike most churches where you can do whatever you like. I will like to be one of them but I find talking to strangers very difficult and since preaching is the basis of their faith, I don't see how I can manage, if not, I will recommend them for anybody, if you have the gut to preach and I do admire them for carrying Jesus's command to preach from house to house.

I think you must surely be a former member that they disfellowshipped, by the tone of your voice, but saying things that is 1000% false is not the way to go. For people who says they can't take no for an an answer, next time they come, tell them that you don't want them to call again and watch as they write it down and they won't come back again. Trust me, I am marrying one them for the last 20 years.
As for young people leaving in drove, you are talking absolute nonsense, my kids goes to their meeting with my wife. My daughter who is now married was baptised when she was 19 and still going with her husband now she is 25. My two sons both love the religion and both were baptised this summer in London. They are now over 7 million in number, I read it from their annual year book, compared to 5 million few years ago. So where did you get your fallacy from?

When I was on holiday with my family 4 years ago in New York, I went to their HQ with my wife to see things for myself and I was totally in awe how these guys are organised, and the guide told us then that they will soon be moving the HQ to the rural area of NY where they bought acre of land after 70 years in brooklyn because they are scaling down the size of their print IN NY, which is done now mostly in their sub-branches like the one in Nigeria and they want to spend more time in preaching.
So that was 4 years ago, I heard that, which they have been planning for years, so for you to seat at your computer and claim that they are broke, hence the reason for moving. I am just looking at their website now jw.org and I can see on the front page, work on their new HQ is in speed of work. Its good to stick to the fact, even if you don't like somebody or something, rather than spreading falsehood as a spite. Have a good life.
. 100000 likes!

5 Likes

Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by Utchry: 1:51am On Oct 05, 2013
LOL. They never give up on you.

Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by Rimbaldi: 2:31am On Oct 05, 2013
Dan Anyiam:
Don't talk rubbish and spread lies. The witnesses recognised all bibles. I use to accuse my wife who is a witness that they have their own bible, but I was wrong when she showed me her collection of bible. When she does her personal study, she uses more than 3 bible, because of use of language in bible may differ but they are always saying the same thing. The JW uses the New world translation, which I find to have the most modern English, when I compared it to bibles like king James, that is the only different, just the age of English. Just for example, in king james you can read things "Thou shall" and in the New World Translation you will get "You shall".
Isaiah is called Messiah? This the most stupid accusation I knew that is nonsense I have ever heard. If don't know about anything or somebody, don't make thing up, and present it to be a fact or the truth, hence you are putting yourself up for ridicule.

This is one religious group I have immense respect for. They used to come preach to me until we became friends and they would always ask me to read from my own bible knowing all the rumours people bandied about concerning having their own twisted form of bible like 50 Calibre thinks. In all the years I listened to them I found them to be very gentle and loving people, treating each other equally. No social strata like you have in other churches where pastor and family reign supreme. A lot of them are proffessionals and no matter the amount of wealth you have, whenever it was time for their camp meetings, everyone must park their "limuosines" and enter the same hired molue as every one else. A lot of the doctrines they preach are misconstrued by their listeners because they already have their mind bias with rumors. I have confronted them times without number on many issues and gotten often satisfactory bible-backed answers for the most part. A lot of pentecostal christians dont read the bible, except the part the pastor reads to them or it has to do with fire!!!riches, blind the enemy, back to sender! Christianity should be about loving GOD and your neighbor, not only about GOD doing things for you and sending fire to burn your perceived enemies, or about escaping hell and making heaven. Life can be really simple when you love GOD and your fellow man and that is what they exemplify as a group. God created man to have a relationship with him, not to save him from the devil. That came later.

9 Likes

Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by patostation(m): 4:23am On Oct 05, 2013
edge2: Don't blame the man, witnesses can be so parasitic

See this one! Does he even know the meaning of the word 'parasite'? Does any Jehovah's Witness live off you? If none of them feeds on or from you, then you don't seem to know what you saying. Think before commenting.

1 Like

Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by patostation(m): 4:32am On Oct 05, 2013
booqee: GOD forgive me but some of these Jehovah witness can really get on ur nerves. Thank God they escaped it tho

Why are you asking God to forgive you? Could it be that you are so wrong. Do you know what it really means to be a Christian? Do you know the work of a Christian? Anyway, I think God will forgive you.

2 Likes

Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by Chinnwa: 7:42am On Oct 05, 2013
d guy is damn serious o
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by iGeneral: 9:24am On Oct 05, 2013
It is obvious there are a lot of anarchists in our society and NL. Only anarchists will support a frustrated man shooting at innocent law abiding witnesses. Now that the anarchists have spoken, here are some points to note:

1. Jesus was stoned in his time for same reason – John 8:59, 10:31 and 11:8

2. This same man who shot at witnesses would have shot at salesmen too. He is that frustrated. But such ones are the types that end up being witnesses at the end. I hope we can get to know what happens to him in the future.

3. None of those who condemn witnesses here or elsewhere do so because of their behaviours or character but because of their doctrines – Mathew 7:20. One even said JWs believe they are the only one that have the truth. Imagine. No matter how ridiculous your religion is, if you did not believe it is the truth, you won’t go there.

4. If thier doctrines are bad, how is it that their behavior as a group is good? Mathew 7: 16,-19

5. One even alleged JW to be trading on hedge funds and real estate. JW don’t mix businesses with their faith. They will shelve everything in life to focus on the preaching work.

6. Being a Christian comes with a lot of responsibility, chief of which in evangelizing. Many nominal Christians wish they can be like the witnesses in conduct and preaching but they find it difficult. Some even try the preaching work and it always end up in failure. Hence they result to ‘preaching’ by placard and street parade.

7. The pastors that hide behind the television screens and stadium podium claiming to preach are only trying to avoid the responsibility that comes with face to face preaching. In direct preaching, the householder will take you to task. He will ask you intellectual question. How much of that do you get to do with your on-screen pastors? It is to the eternal credit of Jehovah’s witnesses that even little ones of them don’t mind this responsibility.

8. Men have become worshippers of men rather than God. So one claims to be a #teamRedeem, #teamWinners and even#teamCOZA. How much of contact do you even have with your pastors?. They dont even know you exist except in statistical terms by way of your tithes and offerings. To them, you are just a number that matter in Naira terms. JWs are all equal. No celebrity

9. In a society where people see wizkid, tuface, tupac, and other such like ones as role model, it wont be difficult to understand why we will have some who speak against the society’s finest.

10. But why do many people speak injuriously about JWs? It did not start today; true Christians and genuine Christianity have always been spoken against. – Acts 19:9. And the truth is that, when you talk of persecution, only true Christians are persecuted not fake ones. – Acts 9:2. The question to ask is: how close to Christ are JWs in teachings and practices and how close to Christ are your pastors and their followers (using that word deliberately) in teachings and practices.

9 Likes

Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by hassymo5(m): 9:55am On Oct 05, 2013
but JW no dey try,,,as soon as u dey com back from church na that time they will come, u have not even rested,,
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by penny01502: 9:55am On Oct 05, 2013
Iya mmi kese mkpo, mbon mbakara alwayz have hot temper. iya mmi thank baba god say him no shoot dem
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by frankkky: 10:32am On Oct 05, 2013
Dan Anyiam:

a billon likes,men i am like you,i find it difficult to talk to strangers but am slowly overcoming it

1 Like

Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by storylad(m): 11:08am On Oct 05, 2013
Danhumprey: LMAO @ "get lost" and "get me my 9". Some Jehovah Witnesses tend to believe that they must preach to somebody,no matter what. They can be so irritating at times. angry

irritating you say. your post alone is irritating. just because they go around doing wht u as a person cant do. you feel you can talk. most of them have better jobs than u'll eva have. its called self sacrifice

1 Like

Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by storylad(m): 11:10am On Oct 05, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: Not when they come for my money every sunday.it became tiring as they visited me each sunday with new magazines and bulletins.

its not compulsory. by d way how much do u av dat can pay for d magazines. have much do u pay to subscribe to watch evangelical channels on cable
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by DECOtech(m): 12:02pm On Oct 05, 2013
At least you witnesses will never try his house again.
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by sweetestboi(m): 12:13pm On Oct 05, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: Not when they come for my money every sunday.it became tiring as they visited me each sunday with new magazines and bulletins.
dats not correct"Jehovahs witnesses dnt solicite for money"they present to u a magazine or awake and ask if u willing 2 make a contribution"their repeated visit 2 ur house their luv for God and man"not every1 can handle the bag"be grateful man"
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by swhiss: 1:23pm On Oct 05, 2013
DECOtech: At least you witnesses will never try his house again.

truly i say to you...they will surely return back to the man, either them or another person
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by infonubia(m): 1:31pm On Oct 05, 2013
e-director:

I think he was testing their faith to see if they will act lyk the faithfuls.

I think he just lost it. Maybe he's had some not so pleasant experience in the past.
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by cyberthief(m): 1:34pm On Oct 05, 2013
switdil: The jehovah guy is at fault here
The gospel is not by force
U don't even need to argue wit anyone bout it
Ur own is to just tell them
If the man finally enter jail
Is it then that he will accept jehovah
Ll he ever want to be a jehovah witness
I beg
They should stop pulling people away from the gospel with their attitudes
Get dis in2 ur skull we dnt preach 2 pple 2 bcom a witness we only follow oda 4rm our leader Jesus Christ.Matt 28:19-20
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by cyberthief(m): 1:48pm On Oct 05, 2013
50calibre: Those guys are relentless, they never stop. I've encountered them multiple times, the lucky ones who meet me busy, I dismiss & maybe accept their magazine, the unlucky ones (who meet me free) I engage in a spiritual debate, I break down the bible for them piece by piece & before their very eyes, see me prove their doctrine to be heresy, they all leave with their tails inbetween their legs.

The first weapon in my arsenal which I use against them is " shall we pray " for some weird reason, they don't pray to Jesus.

Then I go into discrediting their bible, and proving it a junk because of course they have their own ludicrous version of the bible where God is called jehova.

guy wise up.hav u eva boda 2 ask us y we refuse 2 pray @ ur door step and dey wnt giv u a reasonable reply wit quotatn 4rm d bible.Try 2 listen 2 dem wen nxt u meet
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by skybodmas: 6:35pm On Oct 05, 2013
2ndOGA: Hmm, Must've been as a result of . . . undecided
hahahahah! LMAO! But no, it's not like that. We don't force people listen to the “good news”.
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by Moji12(f): 6:37pm On Oct 05, 2013
It could even be as a result of this lipsrsealed

Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by DanAnyiam: 6:38pm On Oct 05, 2013
hassymo5: but JW no dey try,,,as soon as u dey com back from church na that time they will come, u have not even rested,,
LOL, shouldn't it be the best time for them to come, when you are in that godly mood? Some of you go to church but cannot defend their faith. From what I know of JW's, they will sacrifice anything, including their comfort for the sake of the good news and defend their faith and belief. tHEY PREACH 7 DAYS A WEEK AND NEVER TIRED AND YOU THAT GO ONCE IN A BLUE MOON FOR TWO HOURS IS TIRED of Jesus. lol
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by Emy2gbasky(m): 7:41pm On Oct 05, 2013
We ve seen tougher pple.....if they couldnt stop Jesus... they cant stop us.......proudlyJW
Re: Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting by gbafem93(m): 7:56pm On Oct 05, 2013
wow, first i have to say that i am proud to be a JEHOVAH WITNESS

1.We dont force people at all to listen to the word that we preach.
2. Someone wrote it that the guy has a wrong aim at shooting, 19 counts of gun shot?(how is that possible)
3. Another person said that we always come to his house every sunday to collect money from his pocket for our magazines.how is that possible (every sundays?) I am puting it to u dat we dont force people to pay for our magazines, it is voluntarily.so u should sense God handy work on how we get money to print those books
4.To the guy that said that in KJV bible he does not see Where the GOD name JEHOVAH is written..i guess that is an understatement. Try psalm 83:18 and Ex 6:1-3
5.someone said that if people live in hidden places we Jehovah witnesses will get there. Pls kindly read Mt 28:19 and Mt 24:14
6. I Rep one of the international bible student

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

South African Church Seen Worshipping God In Style. Video / Mbaka Removed From Adoration Ministry, Replaced, Sent To Monastery (Video) / American Evangelist, Morris Cerullo, Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.