Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,298 members, 7,910,562 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 11:58 AM

ASUU: FG Begs NUT To Withdraw Strike Threat - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU: FG Begs NUT To Withdraw Strike Threat (907 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUP Strike: Again, FG Begs Poly Lecturers To Call Off Strike / ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU: FG Begs NUT To Withdraw Strike Threat by luvola(m): 6:17am On Oct 03, 2013
The Federal Government of Nigeria , yesterday, appealed to Nigeria Union of Teachers, NUT, to shelve its proposed solidarity strike with the striking Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU.
Mr. Nyesom Wike ( The Supervising Minister of Education ), made the appeal in Abuja, at a meeting with the members of NUT on the proposed solidarity industrial action.
It will be recalled that the NUT on September 26, 2013, gave Federal Government two weeks ultimatum to honour the 2009 agreement they had with ASUU or face total shutdown of the education sector in the country.
Labour Minister Chief Emeka Wogu, who was present at the meeting, said the Federal Government has alread meet 80 per cent of the demand of 2009 Agreement they had with ASUU.

According to Wike, “The 2009 agreements with ASUU have a number of issues and I want to tell you that the Federal Government, has already met 80% of the critical needs. It is remaining only two major components which are earned allowances, and they are expecting the Federal Government to release N400billion annually for infrastructural development.
“ASUU now asked the Federal Government to develop the universities annually, and it shouldn’t be part of Federal budget and not part of Tertiary Education Trust Fund, TETFund, and that the Federal Government should allocate N400 billion for capital projects in the universities. This is not realistic, because we have Polytechnics and colleges of education”.
Most universities haven’t accessed their 2012 intervention funds so there are still funds for them.
On earned allowances he said: “The N30billion was for a start and then if it is not enough we would find a way to pay ASUU.”
The Minister of Labour, Mr. Wogu in his contribution said, discussion with ASUU is still ongoing, and that dialogue has not broken down.
“One thing that is clear is that Federal Government has started implementing the 2009 agreement so if there are grey areas, the appropriate thing to do is to settle it. The thing is that those grey areas cannot be settled when ASUU is on strike, the grey areas can still be settled if they go back to the classrooms. I think the issue is going back to the classrooms, intimidations would not resolve it, but for all hands to be on deck to resolve it.
“We have got to a stage where even ASUU has realised that government has done enough towards the implementation of the 2009 agreement.”
About the proposed sympathy strike of NUT he said: “I want to appeal to you to call off the proposed threat of strike. We just want to reassure that Federal Government would soon resolve the ASUU strike. Do not compound what is on ground, but rather suggest solution to government on how to end the strike.”
In his response Comrade Alogba Olukoya (the President of Nigerian Union of Teachers) said the union was not happy at the state of education in the country.”

source : www.nairacity..com/2013/10/ASUU-fg-begs-nut-to-withdraw-strike.html

edited from http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/ASUU-fg-begs-nut-withdraw-strike-threat/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: ASUU: FG Begs NUT To Withdraw Strike Threat by twaintoy(f): 6:32am On Oct 03, 2013
ASUP nko? Meaningless to FG abi? Issorait.
Re: ASUU: FG Begs NUT To Withdraw Strike Threat by PrinceIkye: 6:50am On Oct 03, 2013
If only that will make FG honours their agreement, Let The Strike Begin!! They shouldnt just watch their senior colleague wallow in pain but do nothing.
Re: ASUU: FG Begs NUT To Withdraw Strike Threat by Nobody: 6:50am On Oct 03, 2013
Enough of this stories please..we are tired!!

CALL OFF THE STRIKE PLSS
Re: ASUU: FG Begs NUT To Withdraw Strike Threat by nerodenero: 7:13am On Oct 03, 2013
The major problem is that most of our leaders' children school abroad,so ASUU,ASUP,NUT,SSANU,NASU etc doesnt really affect them,the reason for the negligence.Another example is PHCN,the masses are in total blackout daily but our leaders can afford personal power to light their offices and homes,the reason for the neglect of power.So these are problems.Inasmuch as the strike directly affects the poor people and very annoying too,it is just the only way by which the University Association can bring change to the system.Again,must it always be strike before FG listens to the yearning of the people?Our leaders are not only hopeless but highly insensitive.Come 2015,we should vote in people that can bring about positive change and not these mediocres who are only good at stuffing their caps,houses,bank accounts with hard currencies.
Re: ASUU: FG Begs NUT To Withdraw Strike Threat by destino24(m): 7:14am On Oct 03, 2013
Everybody is either on strike, or going to be on strike very soon. I really PITY GEJ, he is a good man, but there are too many problems.
Re: ASUU: FG Begs NUT To Withdraw Strike Threat by Nobody: 8:12am On Oct 03, 2013
Prince Ikye: If only that will make FG honours their agreement, Let The Strike Begin!! They shouldnt just watch their senior colleague wallow in pain but do nothing.
It's solidarity for ever.
Re: ASUU: FG Begs NUT To Withdraw Strike Threat by Wsdm: 8:34am On Oct 03, 2013
It is pathetic that a known and acclaimed TOUT is now supervising a very important sector like the Education! I will not be surprised if Dokubo is announced minister of Defense.

1 Like

Re: ASUU: FG Begs NUT To Withdraw Strike Threat by Nobody: 8:42am On Oct 03, 2013
Wsdm: It is pathetic that a known and acclaimed TOUT is now supervising a very important sector like the Education! I will not be surprised if Dokubo is announced minister of Defense.
bros the matter tire me o! The same man that was shouting cult slogan during the rivers state house of assembly brouhaha is now the education minister
Re: ASUU: FG Begs NUT To Withdraw Strike Threat by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 03, 2013
Rubbish ASUU
Rubbish NUT

Both are full of incompetent buffoons

Strike or Not, in Jona we trust
Re: ASUU: FG Begs NUT To Withdraw Strike Threat by bravetentewa(m): 9:24am On Oct 03, 2013
ASUU Ȋ̝̊̅§ Damn Greedy, their Demand Ȋ̝̊̅§ toO much & Unreasonable...
If U̶̲̥̅̊ Dn't wanna Call off the strike ŊO̶̷̩̥̊͡ wahala.......

Dn't even know wht the stupid lecturers aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ teaching that should warrant such exhorbitant demand......the knowledge i hve todae Ȋ̝̊̅§ Courtsey M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ Primary & Post Primary Education .....
Every Semestr 3months Strike, yet the call themselves Academicians.....there Ȋ̝̊̅§ a thick line between politics and accademics.....for the fact that politicians live extravagantly & luxuriously Doesn't mean U̶̲̥̅̊ should.....if U̶̲̥̅̊ truly want to be like them, resign your job contest an election, then U̶̲̥̅̊ will undrstand that it takes more than just to hve a lil dick undr your panties to be a man......

Damn angry with this marafacker's called ASUU.......

For the records i D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ pay money D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ learn work because ℓ̊ ŊO̶̷̩̥̊͡ learn anything for school.......Ohms law, kirchoff's law, tattagilia, this n that......all bullshit in the real world....

All these lecturers Should be Screened and sent packing.......Idiota's.
Re: ASUU: FG Begs NUT To Withdraw Strike Threat by demelza: 9:28am On Oct 03, 2013
I dont understand why NUT is going on strike.
Wont it be better if they engage FG in talks on behalf of ASUU?
Anyway since the FG only understands the language of strike, let them strike on.
Re: ASUU: FG Begs NUT To Withdraw Strike Threat by phantom(m): 9:35am On Oct 03, 2013
bravetentewa: ASUU Ȋ̝̊̅§ Damn Greedy, their Demand Ȋ̝̊̅§ toO much & Unreasonable...

Dn't even know wht the stupid lecturers aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ teaching that should warrant such exhorbitant demand......the knowledge i hve todae Ȋ̝̊̅§ Courtsey M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ Primary & Post Primary Education .....
Every Semestr 3months Strike, yet the call themselves Academicians.....there Ȋ̝̊̅§ a thick line between politics and accademics.....for the fact that politicians live extravagantly & luxuriously Doesn't mean U̶̲̥̅̊ should.....if U̶̲̥̅̊ truly want to be like them, resign your job contest an election, then U̶̲̥̅̊ will undrstand that it takes more than just to hve a lil dick undr your panties to be a man......

For the records i D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ pay money D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ learn work because ℓ̊ ŊO̶̷̩̥̊͡ learn anything for school.......Ohms law, kirchoff's law, tattagilia, this n that......all bullshit in the real world....

i cant f*king believe this post.dude you r a disgrace to your parents.
Re: ASUU: FG Begs NUT To Withdraw Strike Threat by texazzpete(m): 9:53am On Oct 03, 2013
bravetentewa: ASUU Ȋ̝̊̅§ Damn Greedy, their Demand Ȋ̝̊̅§ toO much & Unreasonable...

Dn't even know wht the stupid lecturers α̲̅я̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ teaching that should warrant such exhorbitant demand......the knowledge i hve todae Ȋ̝̊̅§ Courtsey M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ Primary & Post Primary Education .....

With this attitude and this level of ignorance, you won't get far.

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter To Neco / Nnamdi Azikiwe University[UNIZIK] Students Chat Room / Breaking News: Fashola Reduces Lasu School Fees To N25,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.