Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,372 members, 7,950,781 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 10:01 PM

Dont Waste Your Your Soldiers: Militants Tells The President - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dont Waste Your Your Soldiers: Militants Tells The President (2441 Views)

Man Killed In Rivers As Soldiers-Militants Clash (Graphic Photo) / Bloody Clashes Likely Between Soldiers, Militants / Soldiers, Militants Clash Claims Three In Delta - PUNCH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dont Waste Your Your Soldiers: Militants Tells The President by doyin13(m): 3:08am On Jun 29, 2008
4 Play:

Oddly,I don't think most people understand what "verbosity" means.It refers to the quantity(prolixity) of words used and the inevitable redundancy of much of it.    

Exactly. As opposed to Bombast eh. . . . cheesy
Re: Dont Waste Your Your Soldiers: Militants Tells The President by 4Play(m): 3:58am On Jun 29, 2008
doyin13:

Exactly. As opposed to Bombast eh. . . . cheesy

Lucabrasi and Kobojunkie are the masters?(Kobo is androgynous) of verbosity with long winded posts that no one of sane mind reads in their entirety.

You,Jakumo and I delve in the more,according to philistines, bombastic variety . grin
Re: Dont Waste Your Your Soldiers: Militants Tells The President by Kobojunkie: 4:03am On Jun 29, 2008
4 Play:

Lucabrasi and Kobojunkie are the masters?(Kobo is androgynous) of verbosity with long winded posts that no one of sane mind reads in their entirety.

You,Jakumo and I delve in the more,according to philistines, bombastic variety . grin

What can I say? It's the way I like to debate; I try to stress every point I put across so, I can confidently "attack" those who come back accusing me of lying. If you have not noticed, it happens more often than not.
Re: Dont Waste Your Your Soldiers: Militants Tells The President by doyin13(m): 4:19am On Jun 29, 2008
Kobojunkie:

What can I say? It's the way I like to debate; I try to stress every point I put across so, I can confidently "attack" those who come back accusing me of lying. If you have not noticed, it happens more often than not.

LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Dont Waste Your Your Soldiers: Militants Tells The President by 4Play(m): 4:19am On Jun 29, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Gosh,you really have a vagina. tongue
Re: Dont Waste Your Your Soldiers: Militants Tells The President by Kobojunkie: 4:23am On Jun 29, 2008
Lol,  what can I say,  when you know you have less than perfect communication skills,  if a vagina is what you need to improve on what you have,  try/get one.  ROFLMAO!!!
Re: Dont Waste Your Your Soldiers: Militants Tells The President by dblock(m): 4:25am On Jun 29, 2008
If a Military Option wouldn't have any disastrous implications, then all these militants would be in nothingness by now.

A major problem is that the struggle of these militants is coupled with that of the genuine Niger Deltans.

If the army went against the militants on a full scale attack it would seem as if they were going against the Niger Deltans, you would only have even more people opting to become Militants genuine or opportunistic.

If I was Yar'Adua I would restructure the Nigeria economy, I would make a plan for an effective Masterplan for the entire Niger Delta, if anybody doubted that I would carry it out, it would be unimportant. If the militants didn't then give up their arms, I would send an order for a full scale brutal massacre.

There is one thing that is for sure, nothing will ever improve in the Niger Delta or in Nigeria as long as the Niger Militants are around. So Even if Yar'Adua was Mother Theresa, he couldn't do anything until the Militants are out.

The ousting of the Niger Delta militants is of paramount importance to the future of Nigeria.
Re: Dont Waste Your Your Soldiers: Militants Tells The President by MP007(m): 8:22am On Jun 29, 2008
imagine, in nation that is said to be under the rule of law.haba, its naija sha, whats the military doing,,,,whatever happened to sss or whatever , how can some memeber of the society be creating problems for the fg , this is wat too much, something needs to be done
Re: Dont Waste Your Your Soldiers: Militants Tells The President by lucabrasi(m): 2:11pm On Jun 29, 2008
@debosky
fair enough but first do you realise that contrary to popular believe,its not all the millitants that are multi millionaires, only the leaders and the leutenants are the multi millionaires and the foot soldiers dont get as much as they do,and even the money they get, do you think its worth the risks??
they sleep in the bush with one eye open everyday,they do not live a normal live and a short life at that,
the point im making is that the millitants foot soldiers are the youths of the region and if they are given something to do and there villages are cleaned up,factories and the rest built on there,jobs provided e.t.c and they are promised clemency while addressing their grieveances i bet you ateke tom and the rest will wake up one day to see most of his foot soldiers gone,not only that even his assistants will betray him to the government without batting an eyelid,and the government will be on a moral highground to dictate,
why did you think asari dokubo allowed himself to be captured and ateke tom was willing to negotiate?the reason is because they have made enough money and want to retire to enjoy their loot, no millitant loves the hard and dangerous life and this is only their last resort,
Re: Dont Waste Your Your Soldiers: Militants Tells The President by lucabrasi(m): 2:32pm On Jun 29, 2008
@kobojunkie
the back bone of the armed struggle are the rank and file who like i mentioned before do not make the millions like their main leaders,so the life they r living now as opposed to what they r getting paid is not really worth their short lives, in an invasion the leaders dont get killed or captured because most times politicians in the state will give them inside information,how come ateke tom escaped in like a couple of minutes before his camp was raided??
the point im making is that if the government provides hospitals,cleans these polluted places up and are given compensation for the lands e.t.c by the oil companies these villagers now have something to loose and will take steps to either persuade them to either chill out or risk being betrayed.

the youths if given clemency,a good job includn hospitals and empowerment will be a ble to live with their wives and children without looking behind them or sleeping with one eye open,in that situation they have something to live for and agitations wil be by dialogue rather than armed.

the thing is that government do not need to attract investors for now,because thats like wasting time,are you saying government cannot afford to start building a factory that ll manufacture oil based products like plastic e.t.c the main raw material s there and all thats needed is for them to do it,but they r not because they have the investors they want already, oil companies

also why are the oil companies not mandated to pay the correct compensations for the loss of these people's lands?a high tension wire s running just behind my bro 's garden fence,he had no idea he was qualified for compensation untill a company contacted him and on his and his neighbour's behalf,they each got at least 8,000pounds each, so what compensation dyu think each niger delta oil producing village s qualified for,considering they have zero farmland and water to fish

they violence will not dissappear overnight because it didint start overnight,it escalated due to the government intentionally ignoring these ppl but at least they will break the back bone of the millitants without unnecessary loss of more blood and get a permanent solution,the rest of further agitations will be through dialogues
Re: Dont Waste Your Your Soldiers: Militants Tells The President by Kobojunkie: 3:15pm On Jun 29, 2008
lucabrasi:

@kobojunkie
the back bone of the armed struggle are the rank and file who like i mentioned before do not make the millions like their main leaders,so the life they r living now as opposed to what they r getting paid is not really worth their short lives, in an invasion the leaders don't get killed or captured because most times politicians in the state will give them inside information,how come ateke tom escaped in like a couple of minutes before his camp was raided??

The pay of the ordinary soldier is nor worth their short lives? In essence, the soldiers do not even have cause to die for Nigeria and so should not be blamed should they decide to abscond during the fight?
lucabrasi:

the point im making is that if the government provides hospitals,cleans these polluted places up and are given compensation for the lands e.t.c by the oil companies these villagers now have something to loose and will take steps to either persuade them to either chill out or risk being betrayed.

What guarantee is there that these people, when given jobs and all this will be willing or able to do such?

lucabrasi:

the youths if given clemency,a good job includn hospitals and empowerment will be a ble to live with their wives and children without looking behind them or sleeping with one eye open,in that situation they have something to live for and agitations wil be by dialogue rather than armed.
Does have a job and access to hospitals lessen the fears of being caught in the line of fire between government and militant forces?

lucabrasi:

the thing is that government do not need to attract investors for now,because thats like wasting time,are you saying government cannot afford to start building a factory that ll manufacture oil based products like plastic e.t.c the main raw material s there and all thats needed is for them to do it,but they r not because they have the investors they want already, oil companies

also why are the oil companies not mandated to pay the correct compensations for the loss of these people's lands?
That is not what government is set up to do though. The Job of government is not to start businesses but to create environments to attract businesses.

lucabrasi:

a high tension wire s running just behind my bro 's garden fence,he had no idea he was qualified for compensation untill a company contacted him and on his and his neighbour's behalf,they each got at least 8,000pounds each, so what compensation dyu think each niger delta oil producing village s qualified for,considering they have zero farmland and water to fish
A Law exists that allows for such compensations though. Is there such a law in the Niger delta area? If the government remains corrupt, the people most likely will get nothing.

lucabrasi:

they violence will not dissappear overnight because it didint start overnight,it escalated due to the government intentionally ignoring these people but at least they will break the back bone of the millitants without unnecessary loss of more blood and get a permanent solution,the rest of further agitations will be through dialogues
When I think of these militants, I think of Anini and how his gang terrorized people in Lagos back some 20 years or so ago. Jobs and all in Lagos did not quell the situation. The man and his gang had to be hunted down and brought to justice before people could return to Lagos. Government doing its job is one thing and making sure criminals are brought to book is part of it, not an afterthought. The government needs to bring these criminals out of their hiding place now, even as it also renews focus on working on behalf of the people by providing them with the basics and more.
Re: Dont Waste Your Your Soldiers: Militants Tells The President by lucabrasi(m): 6:25pm On Jun 29, 2008
Kobojunkie:

The pay of the ordinary soldier is nor worth their short lives? In essence, the soldiers do not even have cause to die for Nigeria and so should not be blamed should they decide to abscond during the fight?

you missed my point there,i was reffering to the niger delta millitants,was using military terms,what i meant was that given a better life and addressing specific issues will halt the hostilities and break up the gangs or cells whatever you want to call them
Kobojunkie:

What guarantee is there that these people, when given jobs and all this will be willing or able to do such?
Does have a job and access to hospitals lessen the fears of being caught in the line of fire between government and militant forces?

the guarantees are simply looking at what drives people to millitancy,go check the genesis of millitancy and they have all been consistent with this very fact that,they decided to go the violent way specifically during the abacha time when they had a rally in abuja,the level of development there and everything on ground shocked them that while they were suffering in abject poverty,ill health and the rest, the oil causing the whole problems on their land s been used to put up all these structures.
so basically give them or anyone for that matter a better quality of life and that will give the benefit of doubt,remember that even though mend are not supporting the newest commission,they agreed to a ceasefire,and the truth and reconciliation committee going on in phacourt,they r perticipating and even ateke tom is scheduled to appear,having a job guarantees a form of empowerment
Kobojunkie:

That is not what government is set up to do though. The Job of government is not to start businesses but to create environments to attract businesses.
A Law exists that allows for such compensations though. Is there such a law in the Niger delta area? If the government remains corrupt, the people most likely will get nothing.
so which of government's responsibilities have they taken up sucessfully?they have failed in creating the environment because they have let their ego s take over rather than brains,so its basically a contest of "these ppl cant get the better of me"rather than i need to address these people's problems, irrespective of a law being in place to address compensation or not,isnt it their right?so in essence u agree that corruption at the centre meaning abuja is the problem
Kobojunkie:

When I think of these militants, I think of Anini and how his gang terrorized people in Lagos back some 20 years or so ago. Jobs and all in Lagos did not quell the situation. The man and his gang had to be hunted down and brought to justice before people could return to Lagos. Government doing its job is one thing and making sure criminals are brought to book is part of it, not an afterthought. The government needs to bring these criminals out of their hiding place now, even as it also renews focus on working on behalf of the people by providing them with the basics and more.

i beg to strongly disagree,irrespective of how bad these guys are one thing nobody can take from them and why they r on opposite sides to anini is that
they r not trying to take what doesnt belong to them,anini was taking what isnt his,
they have valid reasons for fighting which the government hasnt addressed till now rather they keep antagonising and goading them,an example is the leadership newspaper article of the arewa forum statement.
so if the millitants are all killed without addressing their grievances you reckon there ll be peacecommon gimme a break
one of the most important diffrence between an armed robber and a millitant is that one has no ideals or sense of right,justice he s fighting for its basically 100% about financial rewards and no matter how bad the millitants are they r still fighing for something which we all know is justified and if the government goes the violent route then they should be prepared for a britain and ira situation
Re: Dont Waste Your Your Soldiers: Militants Tells The President by dragnet: 7:56pm On Jun 29, 2008
they're just bluffing. . . . . . In other words, its just a propaganda by them to psychologically manipulate Mr. President . . .'cos the kn0wledgeable & experiencd ones among them!
They better n0t try their luck 'cos they w0nt survive! I pity the innocent inhabitants 'cos the army w0nt hesitate to wipe out the WHOLE Niger-Delta if need be, the only thing slowing d process is "International Image" else OBJ wuld have done it long b4 . . . . .bt I tell u this, if they dare kill as much as 20 soldiers, even without Mr. President's Orders the army would wipe them out & wont clame responsibility. . . All you wuld hear is "unknown soldiers" ! Take that to the bank ! *my Dad was a 'WO II' in 3rd Marine Commando** during d biafra war
Re: Dont Waste Your Your Soldiers: Militants Tells The President by redsun(m): 12:47am On Jun 30, 2008
Nigeria is heading for a prolong process of destruction,unless she heeds to the popular demand,care for the people.War these days is no longer direct confrontations,let's not forget,it's not about who have more fire power but who have the true spirit for redemption.

It is about guerilla attacks and sabotage and with nigerian organization like that of a dull child,they can can't stand any ground,buying refurbished ship graveyard bound warships,idiots,they forget that military is about original inventions,strategies and superiority,

Nigeria can only be better of divided,the country is so sick that nothing else can help but constructive revolution,the bad blood have to be flushed out,it is embedded even in children.
Re: Dont Waste Your Your Soldiers: Militants Tells The President by blasterman(m): 3:04am On Jun 30, 2008
The funny matter na say the oil sef no be we de comot am na oyinbo man wey no get oil think of machine to comot am from the ground.Comon to build refinery wey go provide jobs na wahala.

The militants wey dey fight na money for them pocket them they find, Who no wan enjoy after Efosa hammer 1m via kdnapping me sef go hammer my own na as long as God dey, why u dey talk like say u no know.Most na area boys and confra men wey de look for quick money to buy hummer , do every thing sharp sharp.

As for me na people like Babangida i blame, because im spoil naija to the level wey im no get head today.
All the Gulf windfall every thing straight to paris ,swiss and every where else.

Abacha sef look say me sef must do like my guy carry oil the money go use am develop another man country.

Wetin Naija need na good governace make the LGa, Governors no they chop money ,Politics is not a business na service to humanity .Na the only solution to the palaver.
Viva Nigeria
Re: Dont Waste Your Your Soldiers: Militants Tells The President by SkyBlue1: 10:26am On Jun 30, 2008
blasterman:

The funny matter na say the oil sef no be we de comot am na oyinbo man wey no get oil think of machine to comot am from the ground.Comon to build refinery wey go provide jobs na wahala.

The militants wey dey fight na money for them pocket them they find, Who no wan enjoy after Efosa hammer 1m via kdnapping me sef go hammer my own na as long as God dey, why u dey talk like say u no know.Most na area boys and confra men wey de look for quick money to buy hummer , do every thing sharp sharp.

As for me na people like Babangida i blame, because im spoil naija to the level wey im no get head today.
All the Gulf windfall every thing straight to paris ,swiss and every where else.

Abacha sef look say me sef must do like my guy carry oil the money go use am develop another man country.

Wetin Naija need na good governace make the LGa, Governors no they chop money ,Politics is not a business na service to humanity .Na the only solution to the palaver.
Viva Nigeria

Succinctly put  smiley
Re: Dont Waste Your Your Soldiers: Militants Tells The President by lucabrasi(m): 10:55am On Jun 30, 2008
blasterman:

Viva Nigeria
my guy even though there r some truth in what you r saying i disagree with the totality, fair enough the oyinbos got the machinery is that why they should put the whole of the niger delta through divide and rule through their oil companies or put them through another round of slavery??

so because the white man discovered cars,aeroplanes e.t.c we must be their slave enternally??so because we cannot build refineries should the people of that area suffer for it or will that excuse the government?

you are over simplifying the niger delta issue,its not just about efosa hammering to buy hummer its about a place where oil was discovered and continually exported and the oil companies leaving the farmland and rivers polluted without compensation to the people but bribing the traditional rulers and government officials because its cheaper,if u ask them they say the money s been given to the government because they know no one will challenge them,a section of nigeria claiming another sections oil revenue as their virtual birth right and the government neglecting the oil producing areas for well over 40 years.

that same efosa you r on about had his family killed during the odi/choba massacare and you think 1 million and a hummer will replace these ppl that died?

efosa and some of his people see abuja and compare it to the south south,they see the likes of ibori stealing and yar adua preventing the efcc from prosecuting him,same with odilli and the rest.

efosa remembers when they were putting leaves on their heads and mouths having peaceful rallies and the government replying them by hanging their leaders

i can go on about efosa but he s not fighing because of a hummer and 1 million
Re: Dont Waste Your Your Soldiers: Militants Tells The President by lucabrasi(m): 12:13pm On Jun 30, 2008
Bayelsa Dep. Gov. wants 50% derivation to end militancy
Emmanuel Ulayi, Abuja
A PEEP was at the weekend let into where the sentiments of Niger Delta leaders lie in the continued militancy of youths from the region: The Bayelsa State Deputy Governor Peremobowei Ebebi argued that peace could not be guaranteed in the absence of justice ,  conceived by the zone.

Ebebi, who is the deputy chief security officer of the state, where there has been an upsurge in militant activities, told reporters in Abuja that the oil-bearing communities must get 50 percent of proceeds from their areas.

The demand, he said, would pacify the people of the zone and encourage them to embrace the proposed national summit on the Niger Delta.

source;http://www.nigeriamasterweb.com/paperfrmes.html

The deputy governor lamented what he called the oppression of the Niger Delta people by the three more power-wielding major tribes in the country – Hausa-Fulani, Yoruba and Igbo.

His words: "The matter of resource control is just about the oppression of the minority. The truth of the matter is that it is majority oppression of the minorities in this country. It is a gang-up of the Hausa-Fulani, the Yoruba and the Igbo, to oppress the minorities.

"But I believe there ought to be some people among them who should admit that we are all brothers and we love Nigeria , so it is only fair to return to the 50-50 per cent derivation formula. There is enough for everyone for now and these are non-renewable resources, so we need to plan for the future when these things are finished".

Besides, he said it was imperative for the Federal Government to release the accumulated funds due to the oil bearing states through the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), which the Presidency declared as having lapsed and cannot be released.

Faulting the Presidency's action, he queried: "How can you say the money owed NDDC has expired?" adding: "It cannot expire, it is our money and should be released. We are serious about this." Ebebi appealed for more understanding and magnanimity from other Nigerians regarding the plight of the Niger Delta people.

He said: "Because of our terrain, I can say that we are not receiving enough money commensurate with our developmental needs and challenges. We need to control all our resources but if other Nigerians insist that we should not, then they should be magnanimous enough to say 'take at least 50 per cent'.
Re: Dont Waste Your Your Soldiers: Militants Tells The President by zebra(m): 2:26pm On Jun 30, 2008
I pity the innocent ones that would be victims. Our NAF Alpha jets are already warming up to carry out live practical bombing of enemy targets, atleast for the first time.
Re: Dont Waste Your Your Soldiers: Militants Tells The President by komekn(m): 5:27pm On Jun 30, 2008
I am sorry to burst the bubble of the military option it will simply fail, the whole region will become inoperable for the drilling of the very precious crude oil, that these politicians are all trying to get a piece of.

The Delta militancy is an inevitable outcome of years of oppression and sometimes near genocide by successive regimes particularly the military ones.

Do you know how many hundreds of helicopters that were deployed in Vietnam? My projections are it was close to a thousand or more. The NAF deploys one helicopter to the whole Delta region and we celebrate it’s like taking a can of Raid to the back of Warri market to kill the flies their totally inadequate.

Alpha jets not fit for purpose you may bomb a few innocent villages and the people in them, but that’s all.

The solution lies in the problem of Nigeria, CORRUPTION, our South-South governors, and legislators are all largely in fact intrinsically corrupt. That means negotiations are carried out with hidden and selfish agendas not for the benefit of the people but for the benefit of the few.

The militant agitation was birthed out of injustice, what it is now is a predominance of self centred brigands conniving with the army, navy and air-force top brass for purely selfish gain. This does not exclude the supposed community development officers of the various oil companies and the largely shamelessly corrupt village chiefs.

As a people we have not always been true and sincere, integrity is not a meal served to the general populace regularly by those at the helm of affairs. We cannot even hold free and fair elections. Consider Danjuma and his billion $ oil company and the various oil blocks including the manipulation of Willbros Nigeria who owns it now ? Oil bunkering has been going on for decades the navy top brass has been getting fat on it for years.

A situation where senior Army officers have been selling arms from the nation’s armoury for years to the militants, and the guys fingered my view they are ones who failed to settle the powers that be. The idea that an army officer could sell the arms that will kill your own comrades tells you the state of moral in our armed forces. As I read this post someone was boasting about the professionalism of our armed forces and their equipment, if I was a politician I would not attend any Gambari forum as you may not return home although you may find yourself in your eternal home hell. I would not be surprised if these guys have a few SA16’s quite readily available in the eastern bloc so you will not be safe in your presidential jets.

The reality is under the present insincere, corrupt, deceptive and manipulative climate, we should look for appeasement and damage limitation, until one day we will have true God fearing and sincere leaders but for now it’s a pipe dream. So let’s not destroy what’s left of our great nation these guys will only retire with their families to their various mansions in London, Miami and Paris, etc and leave the nation with their stolen loot to roast.

The comments of Lucabrisi have great credence as it concerns this discourse
Re: Dont Waste Your Your Soldiers: Militants Tells The President by otokx(m): 4:45pm On Jul 01, 2008
The president should wise up.
Re: Dont Waste Your Your Soldiers: Militants Tells The President by dayokanu(m): 8:34am On Jul 02, 2008
Does anyone here remember Tariq Azeez information minister in Iraq how he was bragging about killing all US soldiers and what became of him?
Re: Dont Waste Your Your Soldiers: Militants Tells The President by lucabrasi(m): 10:23am On Jul 02, 2008
yes we do remember him and has peace returned to iraq since then?do you know how many children,women e.t.c have died who r innocent?and thats not even talking about how much debt the united states r in running into trillions of dollars
Re: Dont Waste Your Your Soldiers: Militants Tells The President by komekn(m): 11:51am On Jul 02, 2008
There seems to be a quite a lack of informed opinion particularly among the so called political elite, again this should not be a surprise how many illiterates are in power? And how many illiterate certificate holders? Running about in the executive and legislative arms of government?

This is not a conventional war and even if it was, the most difficult terrain to fight in the world is a Delta swamp.

In the Delta finding your enemy is even harder than killing him. If this war gets really bloody and innocent blood spills, politically you could just unite the whole south, south region in uprising. The Uhrobo man will not stand for genocide on his brother and nieghbour, as well as the Ogoni, Ijaw and Isoko.

The only option is MEDIATION a bitter pill for some but a true one.
Re: Dont Waste Your Your Soldiers: Militants Tells The President by dblock(m): 8:34am On Jul 03, 2008
dragnet:

they're just bluffing. . . . . . In other words, its just a propaganda by them to psychologically manipulate Mr. President . . .'because the kn0wledgeable & experiencd ones among them!
They better n0t try their luck 'because they w0nt survive! I pity the innocent inhabitants 'because the army w0nt hesitate to wipe out the WHOLE Niger-Delta if need be, the only thing slowing d process is "International Image" else OBJ wuld have done it long before . . . . .bt I tell u this, if they dare kill as much as 20 soldiers, even without Mr. President's Orders the army would wipe them out & wont clame responsibility. . . All you wuld hear is "unknown soldiers" ! Take that to the bank ! *my Dad was a 'WO II' in 3rd Marine Commando** during d biafra war

Exactly, If this Peace talks don't work out, let's see how long these militants last
Re: Dont Waste Your Your Soldiers: Militants Tells The President by komekn(m): 12:47pm On Jul 04, 2008
I am inclined to use the word ignorance as it concerns the military option, the reality is, its not a feasible one with a an outcome that will be beneficial to the region and or the nation as a whole.

Its the same Nigerian army that is so efficient that suffered major casualties at the hand of the supporter of APC( rag tag bunch of illiterate militants) in the open Sahel Savannah.

Pedigree my father was an officer in the British army so i will say that i was exposed somewhat to both theoretical and paractical aspects of the discourse of military tactics, implications and outcomes.

Finally the Nigerian army is not highly motivated but rather disjointed with nepotism and tribalism and how equipped they are is open to debate.
Re: Dont Waste Your Your Soldiers: Militants Tells The President by digitalman: 5:32pm On Jul 04, 2008
The most foolish thing the Army would do is to ATTACK this people.Reason : They will fail .,,they will be drowned in the creeks. Do you think shelling the militants will put everything to normalcy? This will agravate the situation. and if it does, the militants have won. The oil which the government wants, will not be produced again on a full scale war. who is the looser here?
Re: Dont Waste Your Your Soldiers: Militants Tells The President by iseobio(m): 6:48pm On Jul 04, 2008
i have taken my time to read all the contribution on this topic by members. except for a few, the rest do not have full knowledge of the delta area. the Nigerian army will certainly perish in the creeks. the Biafra war was won by the federal governement because most of the people in the niger delta never supported biafra. they were the people that betrayed biafra. Nigerian military can only succeed if the people are willing to back the government. but for now every body in the niger delta sees the federal government as one big armed robber. So how can the soldiers possibly win?

Some talk about the SSS. the SSS can only operate based on intel from the community it is operarting. Go and ask any of the armed forces, intelligence and paramilitary organisations and they will tell you that the niger delta is one of the most difficult places to work in. this is because the people do not trust the federal government. simple reason being that the government has failed them.

the issue of compensation should not be negotiated. it is their right because the activities directly affects their means of livelihood. the neglect by the governemnt stares every niger deltan in the face daily and this serves as a bulwark for their determination to fight the government.

if the whole of nigeria wants peace and good life they should all back the niger delta cause.
Re: Dont Waste Your Your Soldiers: Militants Tells The President by samoney: 5:22am On May 22, 2010
too bad cry cry cry cry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians In Diaspora Organization - The Scam / Prof. Okon Uya: Echoes Of "oron-phobia" / Cocaine Generates $900m In West, Central Africa Annually - Un

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.