Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,872 members, 7,969,647 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 11:35 AM

Honeywell Graduate Recruitment. (HEP) - Jobs/Vacancies (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Honeywell Graduate Recruitment. (HEP) (66563 Views)

Honeywell Graduate Recruitment Programme (HEP) 2014 / Honeywell Graduate Recruitment Programme (HEP) 2014 / Honeywell Graduate Recruitment Programme 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Honeywell Graduate Recruitment. (HEP) by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 04, 2013
shopyboy:

According to what you wrote it should be 3 times, i stand to be corrected

i really don't know how to solve it so if u can show your calculations
Re: Honeywell Graduate Recruitment. (HEP) by astevee(m): 8:19pm On Dec 04, 2013
Lol @ Rawdeal,seems u Arsenal fan! Anyways 75% of 8 is 6,so half the time Arsenal beat Man is 3. Then that ratio questions was one of the questions a calculator wud hav done quick justice to,though I blv there shud be away arnd it but I no wan reason m aagin grin
Re: Honeywell Graduate Recruitment. (HEP) by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 04, 2013
astevee: Lol @ Rawdeal,seems u Arsenal fan! Anyways 75% of 8 is 6,so half the time Arsenal beat Man is 3. Then that ratio questions was one of the questions a calculator wud hav done quick justice to,though I blv there shud be away arnd it but I no wan reason m aagin grin

lol. naah, i'm not. thats the exact question

Then who remembers the question about the monkey that has to climb 20 feet but slips 2ft down after climbing 3ft
Re: Honeywell Graduate Recruitment. (HEP) by shopyboy(m): 8:27pm On Dec 04, 2013
Rawdeal:

i really don't know how to solve it so if u can show your calculations

Rawdeal thanks for your contributions, i think asteeve has put it all out in an easy was, one just needs to know that 75% = 75/100 then multiply it by 8 to get 6.
Re: Honeywell Graduate Recruitment. (HEP) by astevee(m): 8:30pm On Dec 04, 2013
Don't quote me ooo,but I blv my copycopy photographic memory abi pen grin remembers,but maybe not all the options sha,but kai this plateform no support quick response.
Re: Honeywell Graduate Recruitment. (HEP) by jaydunn18: 8:47pm On Dec 04, 2013
mehn thank all you guys that have added to this post may God see all of us through the test mines 2moro.
Re: Honeywell Graduate Recruitment. (HEP) by DouglasHoc(m): 8:56pm On Dec 04, 2013
A monkey is climding a tree 20ft tall. Every 1 hour, the monkey climbs 3ft and drops 2ft. How many hours would it spend to get to the top.

I chose 18. My reasoning is that after climbing the 18th time it would have gotten to the top and wont have to drop.

1 Like

Re: Honeywell Graduate Recruitment. (HEP) by asiwajufoye: 9:07pm On Dec 04, 2013
Who successfully gate crash ds shii today. Considerin against 2mao ( ._.)
Re: Honeywell Graduate Recruitment. (HEP) by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 04, 2013
Rawdeal: Arsenal defeated Manchester United half as many times as Manchester United defeated Blackburn Rogers. If Manchester United met 8 times and Manchester United won 75% of the matches, how many times did Arsenal defeat Manchester united

I hope i'm right. If anyone sees a mistake, pls correct it. If any1 can solve it here, i'll appreciate it even more....
Never too late to learn though i wrote mine today

its 3
they met 8times with blackborn i.e 100%
and won 75%; by proportion they won blackburn 6 times
Now Arsenal defeated Man utd half as many times i.e 6/2 = 3
Re: Honeywell Graduate Recruitment. (HEP) by Osekenchi: 9:14pm On Dec 04, 2013
Douglas Hoc: A monkey is climding a tree 20ft tall. Every 1 hour, the monkey climbs 3ft and drops 2ft. How many hours would it spend to get to the top.

I chose 18. My reasoning is that after climbing the 18th time it would have gotten to the top and wont have to drop.

I think its 20hours,cos he climbs 1 step evry 1hour.(3-2=1)

3 Likes

Re: Honeywell Graduate Recruitment. (HEP) by ednut1(m): 9:19pm On Dec 04, 2013
asiwaju_foye: Who successfully gate crash ds shii today. Considerin against 2mao ( ._.)
GO nd disgrace urself, every 1 invited has anoda username wit dem, u cant gatecrash
Re: Honeywell Graduate Recruitment. (HEP) by ednut1(m): 9:21pm On Dec 04, 2013
Osekenchi:

I think its 20hours,cos he climbs 1 step evry 1hour.(3-2=1)
ABEGI MK UNA 4get it has gone , i chose 19 grin
Re: Honeywell Graduate Recruitment. (HEP) by bayus2003(m): 9:40pm On Dec 04, 2013
Rawdeal: Arsenal defeated Manchester United half as many times as Manchester United defeated Blackburn Rogers. If Manchester United met 8 times and Manchester United won 75% of the matches, how many times did Arsenal defeat Manchester united

I hope i'm right. If anyone sees a mistake, pls correct it. If any1 can solve it here, i'll appreciate it even more....
Never too late to learn though i wrote mine today
tot I saw how many times did ManU defeat arsenal...did sm1else see this?
Re: Honeywell Graduate Recruitment. (HEP) by Nobody: 10:07pm On Dec 04, 2013
Douglas Hoc: A monkey is climding a tree 20ft tall. Every 1 hour, the monkey climbs 3ft and drops 2ft. How many hours would it spend to get to the top.

17hours.
20ft tall building. climbs 3ft and drops 2ft.
this implies the monkey is 1ft from where he started. Thus it travels 1ft upwards everyday.
Therefore on the 17th hour which corresponds to 17ft he will travel his usual 3ft and be at the top of the building (20ft tall) [i.e 17 + 3 = 20ft] and would therefore not slip again.
Final ans 17hours
Re: Honeywell Graduate Recruitment. (HEP) by doyouknowjohnny: 10:09pm On Dec 04, 2013
bayus_2003: tot I saw how many times did ManU defeat arsenal...did sm1else see this?
saw same 2..i knew deze guys wud b cheesy but i wasnt expecting them to b "DAT CHEESY"..also i'll say it again i tink we shd go easy on the revelation tingy..lets give everyone a fair chance
Re: Honeywell Graduate Recruitment. (HEP) by tunnex190: 10:16pm On Dec 04, 2013
ednut1: ABEGI MK UNA 4get it has gone , i chose 19 grin

Lmao...your funny. If i am to pick answer, I will choose 20
Re: Honeywell Graduate Recruitment. (HEP) by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 04, 2013
I'm still wondering why i wasn't invited for the test. I want to believe it's God's hand work.
Re: Honeywell Graduate Recruitment. (HEP) by Tmany(m): 10:20pm On Dec 04, 2013
i believe the answer to monkey question is 19
in real sense 3ft up 2ft down means 1ft up every hour and by 19th hour he will be getting to 20ft
Re: Honeywell Graduate Recruitment. (HEP) by mykyl(m): 10:29pm On Dec 04, 2013
The Arsenal/Blackburn = 3
Monkey = 17 hrs
Helen/Harry = 5/7 X total amount

Hope I'm right undecided
Re: Honeywell Graduate Recruitment. (HEP) by bayus2003(m): 10:37pm On Dec 04, 2013
doyouknowjohnny: saw same 2..i knew deze guys wud b cheesy but i wasnt expecting them to b "DAT CHEESY"..also i'll say it again i tink we shd go easy on the revelation tingy..lets give everyone a fair chance
yes sir
Re: Honeywell Graduate Recruitment. (HEP) by mykyl(m): 10:39pm On Dec 04, 2013
Tmany: i believe the answer to monkey question is 19
in real sense 3ft up 2ft down means 1ft up every hour and by 19th hour he will be getting to 20ft

The stupid monkey jst dos 1ft evry hour (3-2), so it shd take it 20hrs, buh on the 17th hour it'l make its final 3ft n won't have to drop...wait o! dats 18hrs cos on the 17th hour, it'l take plus 1hr to get to 20ft...dats 18hrs total! angry
Am I correct...?

1 Like

Re: Honeywell Graduate Recruitment. (HEP) by seeker88(m): 10:40pm On Dec 04, 2013
Hesienberg:

17hours.
20ft tall building. climbs 3ft and drops 2ft.
this implies the monkey is 1ft from where he started. Thus it travels 1ft upwards everyday.
Therefore on the 17th hour which corresponds to 17ft he will travel his usual 3ft and be at the top of the building (20ft tall) [i.e 17 + 3 = 20ft] and would therefore not slip again.
Final ans 17hours
Good analysis....
Nevertheless, from 17th hour, d money still climb another 3ft to d 20ft point making it 18th hour finally....abi no be so?
Re: Honeywell Graduate Recruitment. (HEP) by seeker88(m): 10:46pm On Dec 04, 2013
mykyl:

The stupid monkey jst dos 1ft evry hour (3-2), so it shd take it 20hrs, buh on the 17th hour it'l make its final 3ft n won't have to drop...wait o! dats 18hrs cos on the 17th hour, it'l take plus 1hr to get to 20ft...dats 18hrs total! angry
Am I correct...?
U re on point!....my thought too.
All d best to every1 writing 2moro...
Re: Honeywell Graduate Recruitment. (HEP) by shopyboy(m): 10:47pm On Dec 04, 2013
mykyl:

Am I correct...?

18 hours is correct
Re: Honeywell Graduate Recruitment. (HEP) by Tmany(m): 10:49pm On Dec 04, 2013
mykyl:

Am I correct...?
a nice way to look at but i would still go for 19 cause you ASSUMING that he will not drop when he makes the 17th hour jump.
Helen share ought to be 1128845.7
Re: Honeywell Graduate Recruitment. (HEP) by Ezeanna: 11:12pm On Dec 04, 2013
Yep,daz wat I saw(hw many times did man u defeat arsenal). By my own calculatn,the answer wazn't there.
bayus_2003: tot I saw how many times did ManU defeat arsenal...did sm1else see this?
Re: Honeywell Graduate Recruitment. (HEP) by mykyl(m): 11:19pm On Dec 04, 2013
I've bin up tryn to practise some test questns, buh I've not even done one questn, can't focus.
If anyones interested in SHL/GMAT practise questns/solutions (softcopy) I cud send over...cos sins I got em I hvnt really used em. Smone may prolly make better use out der. sad

2 Likes

Re: Honeywell Graduate Recruitment. (HEP) by peejay03: 11:38pm On Dec 04, 2013
mykyl: I've bin up tryn to practise some test questns, buh I've not even done one questn, can't focus.
If anyones interested in SHL/GMAT practise questns/solutions (softcopy) I cud send over...cos sins I got em I hvnt really used em. Smone may prolly make better use out der. sad
Re: Honeywell Graduate Recruitment. (HEP) by blazerMaks: 12:07am On Dec 05, 2013
mykyl: I've bin up tryn to practise some test questns, buh I've not even done one questn, can't focus.
Yup, I sure will
Please send to fynesimbi@live.com. Thanks
Re: Honeywell Graduate Recruitment. (HEP) by kayceekels: 12:10am On Dec 05, 2013
Jst solved d monkey quest, its 18. U can do it manually by drawin the ladder and countin each time the yeye monkey slips up
Re: Honeywell Graduate Recruitment. (HEP) by oyefin: 12:22am On Dec 05, 2013
Pls kindly forward d material to olasunboamusan@gmail.com
Re: Honeywell Graduate Recruitment. (HEP) by luvola(m): 12:44am On Dec 05, 2013
i was not invited for the aptitude test and i meet all the essential requirements.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (25) (Reply)

Hyundai Dealership Employed Dog As Sales Person With I.D, Desk In Brazil(Pics) / Exxonmobil 2015 Graduate /experienced Hire Recruitment / Pic.. See How Some Nigerian Women Hustles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.