Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,229 members, 7,880,869 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:23 AM

Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station (14173 Views)

Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites / 434 MW Geregu 11 Power-plant Completed / 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by joeokri: 6:24am On Oct 04, 2013
Brimmie: Mumu NTA, Channels dey report Plane Crash.. this Yeye Station dey show rubbish commission!
young man what is ur problem with good things? Commissioning a power station a rubbish? U just told us NL WHO u are n d level of ur mentality.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by awodman: 7:07am On Oct 04, 2013

“This is part of my administration’s continued effort to
provide regular electricity to Nigeria’s teeming population.
Within the months ahead, I will be inaugurating a number of other equally completed NIPP power plants which will add close to 5000MW to our generation capacity.
www.thisdaylive.com/articles/jonathan-begins-accelerated-inauguration-of-nipp-plants-nationwide/160656/

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by DrDoGood1(m): 8:14am On Oct 04, 2013
bloggernaija:

He is commissioning other people's work.
Painting airports built by the so called clueless aboki.
The fuel subsidy heist Alone could have built at least 25 geregus and ended a lot of gas flaring .do the maths
25 x 414MW

that is over 10000MW .

When people call him mediocre,we know what we are talking.
Iraq whose power infrastructure was bombed out during the first and second gulf war has added/adding more than 10000MW SINCE THE WAR ENDED 2 yrs ago.
You are here defending an obviously mediocre president .
I wonder what project of national strategic significance he will commission once he exits the tail wind of OBJ's regime's fiscal prudence.

I wonder why people are so fulish like you. So u expected GEJ to abandon those project that were not started by him, that is the kind of politics you people play thereby continuing to destroy the country. so he suppose to abandon the airport, power, etc.

Don't give credit of power plant to Obasanjo, he never succeeded in doing that, he did well in the communication sector that we are enjoying today. But u & I knows that power is so important compare to communication.

I hope GEJ will fully succeed on his power reform. We are still watching.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by tunde1200(m): 9:44am On Oct 04, 2013
bloggernaija:
YOU CAN TELL THAT TO THE 160 MILLION MUMU
Who are you deceiving ?Obj initiated and fully paid for geregu,omotosho and 4 other power stations.
Construction of the civil engineering part was already complete before GEJ even smelt ado rock.the mechanical engr aspect which is the turbines had to be machined to specification and was ready before yar adua went comatose
Jonathan as usual is reaping where he did not sow.
This government,for those who offer criticism on issues is a calamity.
That is why he keeps borrowing for the most mundane of things.
Else
Let him initiate and pay for 5 power plants right now .

STOP PRESS

OBASANJO ACTUALLY COMPLETED THIS POWER PLANT .
UNCLE CLUELESS JOE IS ONLY DOING THE USUAL PAINTING AND GRASS CUTTING PROPAGANDA
PROOF
http://worldstagegroup.com/worldstagenew/index.php?active=page&id=1102&pgcat=news&start=2329

Siemens Energy said it has received an order from Niger Delta Power Holding Company for construction of the Geregu II gas turbine power plant in Ajaokuta, about 200 kilometer south of Abuja. The order volume is approximately E230 million (about N43.24 billion).

The gas-fired power plant is scheduled to start commercial operation in late 2012.
Geregu II is a follow-up project to the Geregu I power plant, which Siemens built back in 2006. The company will supply three SGT5-2000E gas turbines, the electrical equipment and an SPPA-T3000 instrumentation and control system for the 434MW plant, which it will build as a turnkey project, the company said.
Michael Suess, CEO of the fossil power generation division of Siemens Energy, said: "After construction of the Afam and Geregu I power plants the order for Geregu II marks a further milestone for Siemens in Nigeria and in Africa. With the latest project the number of Siemens heavy-duty gas turbines in Nigeria will increase to eight."
The Geregu power plant, established under the National Independent Power Project, was among the plants inaugurated by former President Obasanjo shortly before he handed over power in 2007.Nigerian Geregu Gas Turbine Power Plant 1, the first brand new power plant funded and commissioned by his Obasanjo administration was built at a cost of euro 195m ($256 million ), it has the capacity to generate 414 megawatts of electric power.

GOD BLESS YOU
Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by Demdem(m): 10:19am On Oct 04, 2013
Excellent development for retardeen IMO.
At least he sustained what he met on ground and didn't kill it.
I now rate Jonathan 14.3% as against 11.7% he was before.
The end point should always be power in our individual homes, that hasn't materialised yet. How I wish Barth had remained.
Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by trainingict: 10:44am On Oct 04, 2013
duality:

Would you want to compare an 8 yer administration with one barely 2 yrs old. your reaction is unnecessary. Govt is a continuum and not a stupidd competition as you think it is. Its about the people. In Lagos The rail system was conceived by Jakande. the housing estate all-over is still credited to Jakande. If Fashola does something about it, wouldn't we give him credit?

FYI, geregu 2 was never fully paid for by the OBJ administration. Besides how many of such contracts are FULLY paid for before it starts. If you are talking of Geregu 1 ie the 414MW that has been operating as an island for years I'll say fine. But not Geregu 2. I worked at Ajaokuta so I am well informed about things. I don't need any twisted media reports.

Now I agree with GEJ that there is politics everywhere. Guy, That plant is for the good of Nigerians Let's celebrate. even if it was built by Lord Luggard.

Brothers,

I think Malam Nasir El-rufai, Engr. Somomlu, Prof Barth Nnaji and others who have been part of this project directly and indirectly will have the time and opportunity of reading this posting. Well, Obasanjo was arraigned for spending $18 billion on NIPP. He started these NIP projects and paid large of amount of fund to the effect that the projects cannot be truncated even when out of office. Yar'adua stopped these projects for close to 2 or even more than 2 years. It was when Jonathan fully assume office that the projects continue again. A sea that forgets its source will dry. No matter how big a tree may be, it must have its root somewhere. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by SegzyJoe(m): 3:06pm On Oct 04, 2013
Every president has its place in history, comparing one with another may be a difficult task. For instance, comparing uncle Joe with OBJ is like comparing sleep and death, it is not necessary.
Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by AdemolaJegede(m): 2:48pm On Oct 07, 2013
you are only criticising obj, what about d military administration de came and loot nigeria money. Obj is d best president we have had so far since 1999 till date, dont look at d negative part bt analys vividely d achievment we had during his tenure. so i give kudos to baba for d job welldone.
Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by AdemolaJegede(m): 2:49pm On Oct 07, 2013
gboss4sure:

If he laid the foundation then what stopped him from completing it? GEJ is just 2yrs+ into office and developments is springing up from every corner grin grin grin grin. Now is OBJ that we should praise. No wahala remember also that Corruption soared very high during OBJ's tenure lets also congratulate OBJ for improving the corruption we are seeing now. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dogara Threatens To Sue Premium Times / Buhari Delivers An Address At Mandela Peace Summit / Shasa Market Crisis: Traders Express Displeasure Over Release Of Suspects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.