Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,783 members, 7,898,792 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 07:20 PM

Benefit Of Reciting The Holy Qur'an - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Benefit Of Reciting The Holy Qur'an (787 Views)

Benefits Of Reciting Surah Al Kahf On Friday / 100 Advices From The Holy Qur'an / Baby Born With The Holy Qur'an In A White Garment Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benefit Of Reciting The Holy Qur'an by hayubee(m): 7:12pm On Oct 03, 2013
A Beautiful Hadith, Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: 'When a man dies and his relatives are busy in funeral, there stands an extremely handsome man by his head. When the dead body is shrouded, that man gets in between the shroud and the chest of the deceased. When after the burial, the people return home, 2 angels, Munkar and Nakeer(names of two special Angels), come in the grave and try to separate this handsome man so that they may be able to interrogate the dead man in privacy about his faith. But the handsome man says, 'He is my companion, he is my friend. I will not leave him alone in any case. If you are appointed for interrogation, do your job.. I cannot leave him until I get him admitted into Paradise '. Thereafter he turns to his dead companion and says, 'I am the Qur'an, which you used to read, sometimes in a loud voice and sometimes in a low voice. Do not worry. After the interrogation of Munkar and Naker, you will have no grief..' When the interrogation is over, the handsome man arranges for him from Al-Mala'ul A'laa (the angels in Heaven) silk bedding filled with musk.. Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: 'On the Day of Judgement, before Allah, no other Intercessor will have a greater status than the Qur'an, neither a Prophet nor an angel.'

1 Like

Re: Benefit Of Reciting The Holy Qur'an by maclatunji: 7:19pm On Oct 03, 2013
A nice reminder.
Re: Benefit Of Reciting The Holy Qur'an by tbaba1234: 7:34pm On Oct 03, 2013
What is with all these hadiths without references??.

By the way, the authenticity is very questionable. Actually, it is considered false by scholars of hadith.

" This hadith is narrated by Ubada bin As Samit (radiallahu anhu) and has been recorded by Uqaili in his Ad-Duafa, Ibn Abi Ad Dunya in his Tahajjud, Ibn Ad Darees in Fadaa’il of Quran and has been classified as BAATIL (FALSE) by these and other Scholars of hadith.(Tanzeehush Shar’iyyah, vol 1, pg 292) (AL la’aalil Masnoo’ah, vol 1, pg 219)"[i][/i]

http://www.askimam.org/public/question_detail/14871

Note: Please be careful about what you send around

This hadith is fabricated.

“Whoever relates something from me I have not said shall take a place for himself in Hell.” (Bukhari and Muslim)

Overall message is good but we can not pass around what the messenger did NOT say. That is wrong
Re: Benefit Of Reciting The Holy Qur'an by maclatunji: 9:08pm On Oct 03, 2013
^I was half-expecting you to post something like this. #LOL
Re: Benefit Of Reciting The Holy Qur'an by maclatunji: 9:24pm On Oct 03, 2013
I am careful not to be seen as "intimidating" posters but I believe there is now a need to implement a screening exercise for such posts.

By the way tbaba, you might have to bring down your "tone" so as not to put off other posters. Correct errors yes but don't get too exasperated.

May Allah guide our ways and forgive our shortcomings.
Re: Benefit Of Reciting The Holy Qur'an by hayubee(m): 9:38pm On Oct 03, 2013
Jazak Allahu kairh but how can 1 find out if an hadith is true or fabricated! Nd wat sources are authentic
Re: Benefit Of Reciting The Holy Qur'an by maclatunji: 9:49pm On Oct 03, 2013
hayubee: Jazak Allahu kairh but how can 1 find out if an hadith is true or fabricated! Nd wat sources are authentic

It is a complex science but hadiths found in Bukhari, Muslim, Nisai, Ibn Majah, Tirmidhi, Abu Dawud collections are mostly considered as usable although questions can be asked sometimes.

If you can't find it in any of these collections, it probably isn't acceptable.

I am trying to keep it simple. Even at my low level, it can get complex.
Re: Benefit Of Reciting The Holy Qur'an by tbaba1234: 10:20pm On Oct 03, 2013
maclatunji: I am careful not to be seen as "intimidating" posters but I believe there is now a need to implement a screening exercise for such posts.

By the way tbaba, you might have to bring down your "tone" so as not to put off other posters. Correct errors yes but don't get too exasperated.

May Allah guide our ways and forgive our shortcomings.

grin

Amin, I am pretty sure, I have been quite toned down.

Where have you seen me ' exasperated'?

I have been very nice.
Re: Benefit Of Reciting The Holy Qur'an by tbaba1234: 10:24pm On Oct 03, 2013
hayubee: Jazak Allahu kairh but how can 1 find out if an hadith is true or fabricated! Nd wat sources are authentic

Wa iyyakum bro, the best thing is to only spread hadiths with a verifiable reference. A weak hadith is not as bad as a false one.

You can also check the authenticity online.
Re: Benefit Of Reciting The Holy Qur'an by hayubee(m): 11:04pm On Oct 03, 2013
Maa shaallahu! Jazakallahu

(1) (Reply)

Eid Mubarak To All Muslim Nairalanders' / *al-riyah(pretending Virtuosness) / Before You Become An Extremist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.