Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,397 members, 7,881,439 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:38 PM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (523281 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 9:37pm On Jan 10, 2014
Syncan:
On the bolded, "thank you".
wow! This is d first time am seeing thank you in quotation marks addressed to me, that seems like thank you-ish. I dont know how to repond.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 9:45pm On Jan 10, 2014
That is weird
Sal C: No jokes! The striktlymi I used to know does get easily convinced let alone accepting one's view without questioning. Lol
the striktlymi i know is a son of th church. In my expirience in matters of faith and morals he holds to church teaching. He is only questioning on secular issues.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 10, 2014
Ubenedictus: hmm...
Really? Abi u dey joke?

Lol!

Oga mi, I surprise too o.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 10, 2014
Sal C: I used to know you as one who doesn't accept verdicts without scrutiny, hearing you say "the church speaks and you follow" sounds very much unlike you.smiley

Um...I will say you are quite right on that. I don't just accept stuff because someone says so. I don't accept the Teachings of the Church because the Pope or someone else says so. I accept the Teachings of the Church because the Holy spirit dictates whatever the Church Teaches.

For me, Catholicism is not something one just accepts truly without asking some soul searching questions and making some rather detailed research. The questions and scrutiny lead me to Catholicism...let's just say, if I had not chosen Catholicism, I wouldn't have chosen Christianity.

Don't get me wrong, I believe firmly that Jesus calls people in very different ways. He uses those who seemingly are outside the Church but the answers I seek can only be answered within the context of Catholicism.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 10:04pm On Jan 10, 2014
Ubenedictus: wow! This is d first time am seeing thank you in quotation marks addressed to me, that seems like thank you-ish. I dont know how to repond.

Do not worry much, I rather intended emboldening it. Thank you .
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 10:04pm On Jan 10, 2014
Ubenedictus: That is weird the striktlymi i know is a son of th church. In my expirience in matters of faith and morals he holds to church teaching. He is only questioning on secular issues.
Hmmm A son of the Church? I agree,
He questions only secular issues? Am just hearing this. Yet to confirm it.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jan 10, 2014
Ubenedictus: That is weird the striktlymi i know is a son of th church. In my expirience in matters of faith and morals he holds to church teaching. He is only questioning on secular issues.

My head just grew twice its normal size. grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 10:07pm On Jan 10, 2014
striktlymi:

Um...I will say you are quite right on that. I don't just accept stuff because someone says so. I don't accept the Teachings of the Church because the Pope or someone else says so. I accept the Teachings of the Church because the Holy spirit dictates whatever the Church Teaches.

For me, Catholicism is not something one just accepts truly without asking some soul searching questions and making some rather detailed research. The questions and scrutiny lead me to Catholicism...let's just say, if I had not chosen Catholicism, I wouldn't have chosen Christianity.

Don't get me wrong, I believe firmly that Jesus calls people in very different ways. He uses those who seemingly are outside the Church but the answers I seek can only be answered within the context of Catholicism.

This is priceless!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 10:12pm On Jan 10, 2014
striktlymi:

Ok cool.
Hope you didn't misunderstand me, I am not against your method, I was just surprised to see you acted differently.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 10:14pm On Jan 10, 2014
Syncan:

This is priceless!
Seconded!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jan 10, 2014
Sal C:
Ok cool.
Hope you didn't misunderstand me, I am not against your method, I was just surprised to see you acted differently.

Cool, I guess!

Anyways, if you see any post of mine that is against any of the Church's teachings, in terms of morals and faith, do call my attention to it and if you are right after some careful review, I will recant whatever post that is.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by MrAladin: 10:30pm On Jan 10, 2014
POPE II:

Good afternoon bro , how you dey ? Haven't seen you on the battleground for a while lol . grin
sir You Boy deY ooo.
I've been kinda busy this few days.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 10:34pm On Jan 10, 2014
striktlymi:

Cool, I guess!

Anyways, if you see any post of mine that is against any of the Church's teachings, in terms of morals and faith, do call my attention to it and if you are right after some careful review, I will recant whatever post that is.
Ok
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 11:06pm On Jan 10, 2014
Syncan:

Do not worry much, I rather intended emboldening it. Thank you .
u are welcom
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 11:13pm On Jan 10, 2014
It is allowed. it is not good for man to pepetually maintain d same size of head.
striktlymi:

My head just grew twice its normal size. grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 11:18pm On Jan 10, 2014
Beautiful
striktlymi:

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 10:26am On Jun 27, 2014
FTC grin

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by hurricaneChris: 3:23pm On Jun 27, 2014
Unbelievable! They really hit nairaland badly. #Amnesia
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 5:40pm On Jun 27, 2014
striktlymi: FTC grin

They don dash you back this account? grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 27, 2014
jnrbayano:

They don dash you back this account? grin

Unfortunately!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 6:48pm On Jun 27, 2014
striktlymi:

Unfortunately!

Nairaland will never able to remember Outqast again smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jun 27, 2014
jnrbayano:

Nairaland will never able to remember Outqast again smiley

True! Reason why it is quite unfortunate. The little 'break' gives one some time to reflect and get some things into perspective.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by hurricaneChris: 7:05pm On Jun 27, 2014
striktlymi:

True! Reason why it is quite unfortunate. The little 'break' gives one some time to reflect and get some things into perspective.
hahahaha. So this acct is back? Lwkmh
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jun 27, 2014
hurricaneChris: hahahaha. So this acct is back? Lwkmh

Is it about the 'account' or d person using d account?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 9:35pm On Jun 27, 2014
striktlymi: FTC grin
This one got me laffing.... Really missed you all...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 12:22am On Jun 28, 2014
Goodnews to all the catholics that the anti-catholics we saw yesterday will be no more. A Popular anti-catholic here in nairaland by name udeme4christ has been totally deleted, its confirmed that him and his fellow posters who past and bash people's religions, their account have all been deleted, its a big relief to us.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by damerry(m): 11:16am On Jun 28, 2014
Thank God. My precious damerrycious monikukous moniker and sweetus threads were not affected by the "blast" on nairaland. God bless us all.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by damerry(m): 11:21am On Jun 28, 2014
Profbrian: Goodnews to all the catholics that the anti-catholics we saw yesterday will be no more. A Popular anti-catholic here in nairaland by name udeme4christ has been totally deleted, its confirmed that him and his fellow posters who past and bash people's religions, their account have all been deleted, its a big relief to us.

grin o yes! We thank God.

May Those flibbertigibbet heretics monikers and threads rest in the bosom of annihilation.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 11:43am On Jun 28, 2014
Hehehe,
these hackers no try at all!
Which kind stupid worm delete this page to 110? I be dey hope say i go be the first to comment in page 1000...

Anyway sha, every disappointment is a blessing, i see striktlymi is back with his old account and prolly some rejevenation.

I hear say some bad pipo no dey again, that is seemingly good news.

Boy-girl damerry i see you and i greet you.

How una dey?

Sal c, woky, kamsi, bluerange, syncan, francistony, all of unaa.

How far?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 11:48am On Jun 28, 2014
striktlymi:

blessing in disguise.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 4:17pm On Jun 28, 2014
How come i never see kamsy, sal c and some other guys, abi their account too were affected...

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by THEHEALER(m): 9:12pm On Jun 28, 2014
+The Most Awe inspiring book I have ever read and never get tired of. From Jesus and Mary to Sr. Josefa Menendez (1890-1923). -Jesus' Message to the World of His Mercy for All Sinners. The Way of Divine Love have also been noted as very instrumental in conversions back to the One and True faith, the Holy Roman Catholic and Apostolic Church. To know more about Sr. Josefa Menendez. You can google her. I uploaded the abridged book version here for consumption and distribution. It's just 1MB.+

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.