Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,113 members, 7,916,249 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 06:53 PM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (525831 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 5:30pm On Jul 20, 2014
italo:

Please patiently read this page

http://www.catholiceducation.org/articles/religion/re0129.html
Thanks
I guess this part answers it

An instruction of Pope Innocent III (1198-1216) evidences the traditional practice but also indicates a shift in the Latin Rite practice of the Catholic Church: "The sign of the cross is made with three fingers, because the signing is done together with the invocation of the Trinity ... This is how it is done: from above to below, and from the right to the left, because Christ descended from the heavens to the earth, and from the Jews (right) He passed to the Gentiles (left)." While noting the custom of making the cross from the right to the left shoulder was for both the western and eastern Churches, Pope Innocent continued, "Others, however, make the sign of the cross from the left to the right, because from misery (left) we must cross over to glory (right), just as Christ crossed over from death to life, and from Hades to Paradise. [Some priests] do it this way so that they and the people will be signing themselves in the same way. You can easily verify this — picture the priest facing the people for the blessing — when we make the sign of the cross over the people, it is from left to right...." Therefore, about this time, the faithful began to imitate the priest imparting the blessing, going from the left shoulder to the right shoulder with an open hand. Eventually, this practice became the custom for the Western Church.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 5:31pm On Jul 20, 2014
jnrbayano:

Italo, Ubenedictus, Stricklymi et al please come to the thread

Check my previous post, brother.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 5:34pm On Jul 20, 2014
Rich4god: feeling like the boss...
Of course cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 20, 2014
SalC: Hehehe see fear grin
Rich4god: lol... Reminds me of Esau.... Na so you fear reach...
fear grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 5:41pm On Jul 20, 2014
KiddaBlingzz: fear grin
Yes
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jul 20, 2014
SalC: Yes
of what/who na?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:05pm On Jul 20, 2014
KiddaBlingzz: of what/who na?
lipsrsealed
Re: A Thread For Catholics by bluerange(f): 6:07pm On Jul 20, 2014
SalC: We missed you too. Hope you are good?
l am and mastering the kenyan way of life. lt is been a wonderful experience & loving every moment of it. The weather has been chilling in the past weeks but we are surviving.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:18pm On Jul 20, 2014
bluerange: l am and mastering the kenyan way of life. lt is been a wonderful experience & loving every moment of it. The weather has been chilling in the past weeks but we are surviving.
Thank God, it's all good.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by bluerange(f): 6:20pm On Jul 20, 2014
l was surprised to know one of the Priests at the Parish could play Ludo and had the Ludo board, it was 2 hours of Ludo playing. l won 4 - 3. He is now owing me a litre of fresh sugarcane juice redeemable next Sunday.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:25pm On Jul 20, 2014
bluerange: l was surprised to know one of the Priests at the Parish could play Ludo and had the Ludo board, it was 2 hours of Ludo playing. l won 4 - 3. He is now owing me a litre of fresh sugarcane juice redeemable next Sunday.
Lol this is funny. Sometimes I look at you religious as some extraordinary people quite different from others but I guess that's somewhat wrong. It's cool to hear the religious play games too cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by bluerange(f): 6:33pm On Jul 20, 2014
Over play dey worry us, if you saw how we were arguing about football during the world cup, u go ask wetin dey happen! We were yabbin one of the Sisters who was wearing the Argentinian jersey during the finals that she just dey waste time.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:44pm On Jul 20, 2014
bluerange: Over play dey worry us, if you saw how we were arguing about football during the world cup, u go ask wetin dey happen! We were yabbin one of the Sisters who was wearing the Argentinian jersey during the finals that she just dey waste time.
Lol true sha. When our C M D did her 70th birthday last year, I was shocked to see Rev sisters dancing Eminado cheesy even the celebrant o cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by bluerange(f): 6:52pm On Jul 20, 2014
SalC: Lol true sha. When our C M D did her 70th birthday last year, I was shocked to see Rev sisters dancing Eminado cheesy even the celebrant o cheesy
U never see sisters doing DJ? One Sister always says "Who dem born inside Convent"
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:59pm On Jul 20, 2014
bluerange: U never see sisters doing DJ? One Sister always says "Who dem born inside Convent"
No, I only saw the one who did MC that day cheesy I so much love the way she acted smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 7:00pm On Jul 20, 2014
Rich4god: Aria road GRA close to new market...

I should visit Enugu for a wedding on the 26th of this month.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by bluerange(f): 7:03pm On Jul 20, 2014
during the stages of postulancy and novitiate, there is emphasis on recreation to achieve a balance. we had a basketball court, table tennis boards, we played cards, did tug of war as it helps in the bonding of a communal life.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by bluerange(f): 7:04pm On Jul 20, 2014
During the stages of Postulancy and Novitiate, there is emphasis on recreation to achieve a balance. We had a basketball court, table tennis boards, we played cards, did tug of war as it helps in the bonding of a communal life.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 20, 2014
LOL. @bluerange, I want to ask a question. smiley

When I travelled to my village, I noticed that Rev. Sisters(Daughter of Divine of Love) usually sit sideway while on a Motorcyle. lipsrsealed And sometimes, hardly climb it. Why

They don't 'bodytouch'(sic) men.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:08pm On Jul 20, 2014
bluerange: during the stages of postulancy and novitiate, there is emphasis on recreation to achieve a balance. we had a basketball court, table tennis boards, we played cards, did tug of war as it helps in the bonding of a communal life.
TRUE!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 7:09pm On Jul 20, 2014
italo:

Check my previous post, brother.

Alright bro. Right away.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 7:12pm On Jul 20, 2014
bluerange: l was surprised to know one of the Priests at the Parish could play Ludo and had the Ludo board, it was 2 hours of Ludo playing. l won 4 - 3. He is now owing me a litre of fresh sugarcane juice redeemable next Sunday.

I will parcel Agbo Jedi to you in Kenya before Sunday to counter that one litre of fresh sugarcane juice

cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by bluerange(f): 7:15pm On Jul 20, 2014
@FrancisTony, most of us don't feel comfortable straddling a bike even if it is a female rider because of our Habits.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:17pm On Jul 20, 2014
FrancisTony: LOL. @bluerange, I want to ask a question. smiley

When I travelled to my village, I noticed that Rev. Sisters(Daughter of Divine of Love) usually sit sideway while on a Motorcyle. lipsrsealed And sometimes, hardly climb it. Why

They don't 'bodytouch'(sic) men.
See kweshion grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by bluerange(f): 7:19pm On Jul 20, 2014
jnrbayano:

I will parcel Agbo Jedi to you in Kenya before Sunday to counter that one litre of fresh sugarcane juice

cheesy
Nah, l won't finish it at sitting, when it is not WAEC!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 20, 2014
bluerange: @FrancisTony, most of us don't feel comfortable straddling a bike even if it is a female rider because of our Habits.

Okay. Nice.

I have another question.

Can a female child molested at a young age end being a Reverend Sister? smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 20, 2014
SalC: See kweshion grin

tongue
Re: A Thread For Catholics by bluerange(f): 7:30pm On Jul 20, 2014
During lunch last week l told a visiting Priest that if not for his Roman collar, that with his physiology and clean shaven head he looks like one of those assasins in Hollywood movies! Everyone laughed! He happens to be a Major in the Kenyan Army.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:33pm On Jul 20, 2014
bluerange: During lunch last week l told a visiting Priest that if not for his Roman collar, that with his physiology and clean shaven head he looks like one of those assasins in Hollywood movies! Everyone laughed! He happens to be a Major in the Kenyan Army.
So you sef dey find trouble like this grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 7:34pm On Jul 20, 2014
bluerange: Nah, l won't finish it at sitting, when it is not WAEC!

smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Mzflexydeeva(f): 7:39pm On Jul 20, 2014
SalC: Where is Mzflexydeeva and Chikk na?
SalC i hail, i must greet u a great deal. well not around much.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Mzflexydeeva(f): 7:40pm On Jul 20, 2014
Rich4god so u have given up on me so soon??
Rich4god: Deeva have been long gone b4 d tsunami... As for chikk... Probably on break...

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (505) (Reply)

Dreams Interpretation! Dreams Interpretation!! Dreams Interpretation!!! / 'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.