Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,840 members, 7,933,156 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 08:15 PM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (423) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (526692 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:26pm On Oct 25, 2015
Rich4god:
Abeg o.... Make una help pray for my mother.... She's been sick for like 3 days and despite the treatment, she is not getting better.
Healing is God's word to her
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:27pm On Oct 25, 2015
Rich4god:
I wan put am for fridge...
smh
Re: A Thread For Catholics by MariaGoretti: 7:28pm On Oct 25, 2015
May Gods' favour overshadow us this new week...Amen.

@Ozoaekpe,
Your father in heaven shall prepare a banquet for you before your enemies....he has given you victory. Rejoice and be glad!!

Happy Sunday family
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:29pm On Oct 25, 2015
babestell:
PING!!!!
Hi everyone. I wish I could say am back but I will make an effort to contribute every now and then.

Kudos to all those who have kept the thread flowing

God bless us all.
Welcome back dear
Re: A Thread For Catholics by MariaGoretti: 7:30pm On Oct 25, 2015
Richie dear, worry not. mummy is in good health.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:30pm On Oct 25, 2015
LieDetector:
please what's wrong with SalC?
SalC is fine
Re: A Thread For Catholics by MariaGoretti: 7:31pm On Oct 25, 2015
SalC ndewo
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:32pm On Oct 25, 2015
musKeeto:

SalCeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee grin grin
Hailing Ubenedictus.
Musky man, been a while smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:34pm On Oct 25, 2015
rosalieene:
Seriously, am a Catholic and proud one but I don't believe in the power of the Rosary. I prefer praying normally.
I have so many issues with d church and their teachings.
Your stand is quite confusing
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:34pm On Oct 25, 2015
MariaGoretti:
SalC ndewo
Ada Jesus, happy sunday
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:40pm On Oct 25, 2015
For the holy souls in purgatory, May their eternal salvation be quicken through our intercession and that of our blessed mother Mary through Christ our Lord.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:43pm On Oct 25, 2015
OZAOEKPE may there be continuous showers of blessings on you from on high, may God keep you safe in the hollow of his hands through Christ our Lord.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:47pm On Oct 25, 2015
jnrbayano:

Stop thoughting. cheesy

Its never exclusive duty of any.
If I start with you now, they go say I don start smiley

What's wrong with leaving that for the mother to handle, if na to cook now una go rush give am woman tongue
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:50pm On Oct 25, 2015
italo3:

Lol...e no good like that?

The mother will give them Igbo name.
Because it's YOU, no problems.
Not like I would've said same if it were to be the likes of Jnrbayano smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 10:03pm On Oct 25, 2015
MariaGoretti:
Richie dear, worry not. mummy is in good health.
Thanks alot my lady...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 3:50am On Oct 26, 2015
October Devotion: Day 26 - Today the 26th day of October, we're praying for Hurricanechris

Novena Prayer:

O God, infinite beauty. Wretched as we are, we
approach in humility your throne, with
thanksgiving and petition. Thanksgiving for the
numerous mercies received from you, and petition
for the many needs that weigh heavily on us. Heal
our Nation, and Look kindly upon our
prayers,especially that of Hurricanechris, and of
mine(you may add yours), through
the merits of the passion of your son, our Lord
Jesus Christ. Pray for us dearest mother Mary, as
we offer you this five decades; as a bouquet of
roses, with eyes filled with hope and filial love.
Amen.
Most Holy Trinity – Father, Son and Holy Spirit- I
adore Thee profoundly. I offer Thee the most
precious Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus
Christ, present in all the tabernacles of the world,
in reparation for the outrages, sacrileges, and
indifference whereby He is offended. And through
the infinite merits of His Most Sacred Heart and
the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I beg of Thee the
conversion of poor sinners. Amen.

*Please say the five decades of the Rosary today
either individually or in a group; either in bits or
whole.

Cc
Asabeq, MzflexyDeeva, SalC, richieboyn,
bluerange, KingMEXX, languageso, try69,
HurricaneChris, iykmon, geni, Cocoberry,
Coldblooded, Ikegift4real, PrettySpicey,
Softysparkyy, Nickymezor, Shine96, Zikangee,
Promking, Fidinwala, Chidikus, Leon12, Unongu,
leonshom, Hernyolar, Firearm, MarvellousGod,
Xynerise, tonaydo, Ikaboy, Jraph, Gregdcutie,
Tyina27, gboru, JohnsonEmma, Arookigbo,
tobicool, Deogratias1, Oshiano, Lynpetra, syncan,
italo, ubenedictus, debbie, Kamsified, MariaGorreti,
Chikk, Ify124, babestell, Jnrbayano, Eddyblingzz,
FrancisTony, damerry, Vest, btoks, StObaino1,
Jaywizee, Frankben, Penny01502, Piro4rl,
Othenok, LordOrochimaru, BonnyDominic, ronz,
Rufex07, Trendytessy, Amanda2013, Modestdude,
BuBBLE, MOBJECTIVE, ChineloSA, Missonas,
Agimor, Willy07, zikmarty, Stunningjudy, Aizenosa
Maureenah, Rochiq, Rich4god, Woky, POPEII,
Cyphercypher, engrtee, Chukwudi44, Peppyluv02,
Jenoncam, MrAladin, Hidentity, Burmak,
Lordnammy, titoetal, Nomski0, wonda26,
Davikk01, Livebullet, Polkabluedot, Tuneller, Dyla,
exxell, Clemigho, Lovethywilbedon, Macelliot,
Frodobee, Chidima, Mum4all, Pdizzle, dragon2,
lacum, Jennydoris, justjify, 3tees, EggovinMma
NiceHans Maximu17 Smoothpapuzy, dmandy
jamp marksooyinmiebi deracathy Fembleez1
darknez. Tobetoe Grego3 afanda Rose2014
pamcrest Efsco1 PriceOfGarri juzzybabe Magarida
ONESON1 glimpse33 youngprofdguru
dynamicbuzz Chy27 Equalizer. Pdizzle, OZAOEKPE
Re: A Thread For Catholics by chikk(f): 7:28am On Oct 26, 2015
rosalieene:
Seriously, am a Catholic and proud one but I don't believe in the power of the Rosary. I prefer praying normally.
I have so many issues with d church and their teachings.

I know how u feel. I wanted to ask that you edit this post and pretend you're asking on someone else's behalf. Posting this as YOU might not be a very good idea to avoid judgement and 'dissection'. But I see its already late. You've been quoted. I pray the Holy spirit directs your thoughts and paths for clearer understanding and convincing. Goodluck
Re: A Thread For Catholics by chikk(f): 7:33am On Oct 26, 2015
Rich4god, may the healing hands of the Almighty God descend on your mum and household. As you're rich for God, may u never spend on hospital bills, amen.

Ozaoekpe, may the grace, peace, love and blessings of God that surpasses all things be your portion both now and for ever, amen.

Hurricanechris, the blessing of God shall never depart from you. Where others stopped, may you begin. Amen
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 7:44am On Oct 26, 2015
HurricaneChris, may God blessings be upon you and His blood that He shed on calvary rejuvenate your body, spirit & soul. Amen!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 7:49am On Oct 26, 2015
chikk:
Rich4god, may the healing hands of the Almighty God descend on your mum and household. As you're rich for God, may u never spend on hospital bills, amen.

Ozaoekpe, may the grace, peace, love and blessings of God that surpasses all things be your portion both now and for ever, amen.

Hurricanechris, the blessing of God shall never depart from you. Where others stopped, may you begin. Amen

Thanks a lot dear...

How are you doing.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 7:51am On Oct 26, 2015
Dear Lord.... Into your Hands we commit HC and all his intentions. Asking you O Lord to please meet him at the point of his needs... Amen.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:30am On Oct 26, 2015
Today's Gospel reading. LK13:10-17

One sabbath day Jesus was teaching in one of the synagogues, and a woman was there who for eighteen years had been possessed by a spirit that left her enfeebled; she was bent double and quite unable to stand upright. When Jesus saw her he called her over and said, ‘Woman, you are rid of your infirmity’ and he laid his hands on her. And at once she straightened up, and she glorified God.
But the synagogue official was indignant because Jesus had healed on the sabbath, and he addressed the people present. ‘There are six days’ he said ‘when work is to be done. Come and be healed on one of those days and not on the sabbath.’ But the Lord answered him. ‘Hypocrites!’ he said ‘Is there one of you who does not untie his ox or his donkey from the manger on the sabbath and take it out for watering? And this woman, a daughter of Abraham whom Satan has held bound these eighteen years – was it not right to untie her bonds on the sabbath day?’ When he said this, all his adversaries were covered with confusion, and all the people were overjoyed at all the wonders he worked.

Aizenosa my beloved brother. For eighteen years, eighteen solid years! This lady was suffering from this ailment and was seen on every day of the week, working days and rest Sabbath days, yet none, including the synagogue official, could help her. On this day she came to the synagogue... indeed like every other person, but she met the Lord on this occasion, He looked kindly upon her; and her sufferings ceased. You see dearest Chikk, it doesn't matter what miracle you seek from the Lord, it doesn't matter how "bent" the weight of your problems make you, keep doing whatever good work you need to do in the Love of God and humanity, for often times like this woman; you'll encounter Jesus therein, who when he looks kindly upon you; ease your burden and makes you whole again. Again SalC nwanyi oma, embedded in that passage is what we shouldn't be...the synagogue official's character. Isn't it so glaring how jealousy made him look stupid, he couldn't stand Jesus being the celebrity in his "territory". Vanity! Kamsified ada nne, have you not noticed this behaviour in the present day? When people set out to antagonize another just because he is "stealing the show". Jnrbayano nwoke oma, often times I've had a laugh, and at other times shook my head, when here on nairaland...a faceless forum...someone sets out to pull down another; who had just made a good point, out of jealousy. It does make one look stupid before everyone else except those of like minds and sycophants, yes; do not think the synagogue official did not have supporters. Rich4god my brother, this is same reason for the exhortation found in today's first reading, a call to shed off vanity and walk in the spirit..."My brothers, there is no necessity for us to obey our unspiritual selves or to live unspiritual lives. If you do live in that way, you are doomed to die; but if by the Spirit you put an end to the misdeeds of the body you will live...." Romans 8:12-17

Peppyluv02 ada mmadu,In this also we see the loving kindness of our God, depicted once again by the acts of The Lord, He knows your difficulties and takes note of your problems. Truly the responsorial psalm depicts it aptly : "This God of ours is a God who saves...Father of the orphan, defender of the widow, such is God in his holy place. God gives the lonely a home to live in; he leads the prisoners forth into freedom...He bears our burdens, God our Savior." Psalm 67:2,4,6-7,20-21. Francistony dear brother, yesterday Bartimaeus asked and received, today the lady wasn't shown to ask, she was simply at her "duty post" doing what's expected of her, and she received. ChineloSA, did you see that?Both received the kindness of our God, both were eased of their burden, to the glory of God. May this be your fate beloved brethren-that the Lord meet you at your point of need. Amen.

Good morning brethren, a splendid day ahead to all.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:37am On Oct 26, 2015
Today as we pray for and with you Hurricanechris, may the Lord establish the works of your hands and attend to thy aspirations. Amen.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 26, 2015
Thank you syncan. Remain blessed.
Syncan:
Today's Gospel reading. LK13:10-17

One sabbath day Jesus was teaching in one of the synagogues, and a woman was there who for eighteen years had been possessed by a spirit that left her enfeebled; she was bent double and quite unable to stand upright. When Jesus saw her he called her over and said, ‘Woman, you are rid of your infirmity’ and he laid his hands on her. And at once she straightened up, and she glorified God.
But the synagogue official was indignant because Jesus had healed on the sabbath, and he addressed the people present. ‘There are six days’ he said ‘when work is to be done. Come and be healed on one of those days and not on the sabbath.’ But the Lord answered him. ‘Hypocrites!’ he said ‘Is there one of you who does not untie his ox or his donkey from the manger on the sabbath and take it out for watering? And this woman, a daughter of Abraham whom Satan has held bound these eighteen years – was it not right to untie her bonds on the sabbath day?’ When he said this, all his adversaries were covered with confusion, and all the people were overjoyed at all the wonders he worked.

Aizenosa my beloved brother. For eighteen years, eighteen solid years! This lady was suffering from this ailment and was seen on every day of the week, working days and rest Sabbath days, yet none, including the synagogue official, could help her. On this day she came to the synagogue... indeed like every other person, but she met the Lord on this occasion, He looked kindly upon her; and her sufferings ceased. You see dearest Chikk, it doesn't matter what miracle you seek from the Lord, it doesn't matter how "bent" the weight of your problems make you, keep doing whatever good work you need to do in the Love of God and humanity, for often times like this woman; you'll encounter Jesus therein, who when he looks kindly upon you; ease your burden and makes you whole again. Again SalC nwanyi oma, embedded in that passage is what we shouldn't be...the synagogue official's character. Isn't it so glaring how jealousy made him look stupid, he couldn't stand Jesus being the celebrity in his "territory". Vanity! Kamsified ada nne, have you not noticed this behaviour in the present day? When people set out to antagonize another just because he is "stealing the show". Jnrbayano nwoke oma, often times I've had a laugh, and at other times shook my head, when here on nairaland...a faceless forum...someone sets out to pull down another; who had just made a good point, out of jealousy. It does make one look stupid before everyone else except those of like minds and sycophants, yes; do not think the synagogue official did not have supporters. Rich4god my brother, this is same reason for the exhortation found in today's first reading, a call to shed off vanity and walk in the spirit..."My brothers, there is no necessity for us to obey our unspiritual selves or to live unspiritual lives. If you do live in that way, you are doomed to die; but if by the Spirit you put an end to the misdeeds of the body you will live...." Romans 8:12-17

Peppyluv02 ada mmadu,In this also we see the loving kindness of our God, depicted once again by the acts of The Lord, He knows your difficulties and takes note of your problems. Truly the responsorial psalm depicts it aptly : "This God of ours is a God who saves...Father of the orphan, defender of the widow, such is God in his holy place. God gives the lonely a home to live in; he leads the prisoners forth into freedom...He bears our burdens, God our Savior." Psalm 67:2,4,6-7,20-21. Francistony dear brother, yesterday Bartimaeus asked and received, today the lady wasn't shown to ask, she was simply at her "duty post" doing what's expected of her, and she received. ChineloSA, did you see that?Both received the kindness of our God, both were eased of their burden, to the glory of God. May this be your fate beloved brethren-that the Lord meet you at your point of need. Amen.

Good morning brethren, a splendid day ahead to all.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 2:12pm On Oct 26, 2015
She is healed in Jesus name. Amen.
Rich4god:
Abeg o.... Make una help pray for my mother.... She's been sick for like 3 days and despite the treatment, she is not getting better.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 26, 2015
Amen. God bless you Hurricanechris
Syncan:
Today as we pray for and with you Hurricanechris, may the Lord establish the works of your hands and attend to thy aspirations. Amen.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by kckingz: 2:31pm On Oct 26, 2015
Here's the new praise medley by kckingz that is crowning churches now, download and enjoy, share with friends/family
www.gospelph.com/download/?song=949
www.gospelph.com/page/?song=949
www.gospelph.com/play/?song=949
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Living4christ(m): 2:41pm On Oct 26, 2015
Do you know catholic is found in error. - do your research,. e.g. 1. Catholic killed John wycliffe (he was a teacher in roman catholic before he found light) , for trying to translate the bible to english.

John wycliffe quoted thus "all Christians should rely on the Bible rather than the teachings of popes and clerics"

That was why he rejected the concept of purgatory, and disapproved of clerical celibacy, pilgrimages, the selling of indulgences and praying to saints.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 2:45pm On Oct 26, 2015
The synagogue official have arrived already...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by hurricaneChris: 4:13pm On Oct 26, 2015
So grateful to everyone who has in one way or the other, remembered me and indeed my family members on this wonderful and historical day of 26th.

May God's blessing and mercy never desert you all. Amen
Re: A Thread For Catholics by hurricaneChris: 4:19pm On Oct 26, 2015
Living4christ:
Do you know catholic is found in error. - do your research,. e.g. 1. Catholic killed John wycliffe (he was a teacher in roman catholic before he found light) , for trying to translate the bible to english.

John wycliffe quoted thus "all Christians should rely on the Bible rather than the teachings of popes and clerics"

That was why he rejected the concept of purgatory, and disapproved of clerical celibacy, pilgrimages, the selling of indulgences and praying to saints.

ok
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:17pm On Oct 26, 2015
HurricaneChris my God's divine light continually shine in your life to constantly illuminate your path, and may you walk through this path to greater height and glory through Christ our Lord.

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (505) (Reply)

Dreams Interpretation! Dreams Interpretation!! Dreams Interpretation!!! / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.