Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,714 members, 7,951,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 07:13 AM

Foreign Investors Plan $16bn Investment In Delta State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Investors Plan $16bn Investment In Delta State (1090 Views)

Nigeria's NNPC 'failed To Pay' $16bn In Oil Revenues / Foreign Investors Pour Into Nigeria As Economy Accelerates (Updates) / Nigeria Requires $16bn To Fix Energy Problem Yearly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Foreign Investors Plan $16bn Investment In Delta State by Nobody: 9:23pm On Oct 04, 2013
The Delta State government has attracted more than 16 billion dollars worth of investment for its export free zone, which is expected to create some 500,000 jobs

The state governor, Dr Emmanuel Uduaghan, said in Warri, Delta State that investors from Saudi Arabia and India are ready to invest in petrochemical and fertiliser plants.

Uduaghan also said that the Koko Export Free Zone had been approved by the Federal Government and the issue of approval for Warri Export Free Zone was still being pursued.

He said that it was the nature of Koko as an export free zone that attracted the investors since the Federal Government/NNPC Master plan approved three states, namely, Rivers State, Delta State and Akwa Ibom State for such projects.

The governor said that the location of the state and the approval of Koko as an Export Free Zone helped it in securing the approval. Uduaghan further said, "Every investor is very much interested in the tax regime and there are some tax relief for companies in the export free zones."

The governor said that the Delta State government has done much in Koko by ensuring the approval of its status as an export free zone, ensuring peace and following closely the gas master plan.

He said that already, the state government has prepared grounds for the free zone by putting in place the Asaba Airport, which would assist investors to fly their equipment into the state.

Uduaghan said that Asaba-Ughelli dual carriage way project is being implemented to offer easy and fast transportation from Asaba Airport to the Koko Export Free Zone.

He said that the strategic location of Koko also would assist cargo shipping through the Benin River. Uduaghan said that the Federal Government would tackle the dredging of the Benin River to allow bigger vessels to get to Koko, adding, "'transport infrastructure is very critical".

On provision of constant power supply, he said that the state's Independent Power Plant (IPP) project was progressing as the turbines were presently on test-run.The governor, however, said that the important aspect of the investment was the creation of direct and indirect jobs that would bring down the unemployment rate in the state.

Uduaghan, who described the petrochemical and fertiliser plants as one of the heaviest investments in the country, said that the plants would prop up other large and medium-scale industries in the state."'With the cooperation of everyone, the future is very bright," he said

The governor, however, said that fund was the major challenge facing the state and that this would make the state government to embark on vigorous, aggressive revenue drive in the state.
http://odili.net/news/source/2013/oct/4/313.html
Re: Foreign Investors Plan $16bn Investment In Delta State by braine(m): 9:28pm On Oct 04, 2013
The recent power privatization is really going to revolutionize Nigeria• Its so exciting•
Re: Foreign Investors Plan $16bn Investment In Delta State by elrony(m): 9:45pm On Oct 04, 2013
I just D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ observe!!
Till I see meaningful development!!!

Cos even with the huge allocation that my state gets,the capital still looks like crap !!
Re: Foreign Investors Plan $16bn Investment In Delta State by Nobody: 9:46pm On Oct 04, 2013
elrony: I just D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ observe!!
Till I see meaningful development!!!

Cos even with the huge allocation that my state gets,the capital still looks like crap !!

It could be that "Fresh Air" never reach your state cheesy
Re: Foreign Investors Plan $16bn Investment In Delta State by Symphony007: 10:03pm On Oct 04, 2013
After their photo op ground breaking with namadi sambo, has general electric erected a single pillar in cross river. And now we're hearing of this. We are watching!!
Re: Foreign Investors Plan $16bn Investment In Delta State by Evestar200(f): 10:39pm On Oct 04, 2013
Really? Where that koko dy 4 for Delta state? And what about the warri industrial park and Oleri resort in Udu LGA that he has been boosting of creating more than 5,000 jobs?,,,so many question to ask my Governor,,he has be building Delta revenue house 4 more than 3yrs now and the building have not be completed,,so much looting money in Delta state
Re: Foreign Investors Plan $16bn Investment In Delta State by HezronLorraine(m): 10:46pm On Oct 04, 2013
I read a while back on some of the visions of Delta State.They're enviable,if actualized,they would reshape Nigeria's status.let's see positively and great things will manifest.

@CFCFan-aren't ur papers tomao.
Re: Foreign Investors Plan $16bn Investment In Delta State by solomon111(m): 11:20pm On Oct 04, 2013
The real investors with business sense have decided to build a PTC and fertilizer plant in the SS, the site of raw materials,while dangote decided to play politics.
Like i said before,that decision of dangote may backfire horribly.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Investors Plan $16bn Investment In Delta State by elrony(m): 1:12am On Oct 05, 2013
CFCfan:

It could be that "Fresh Air" never reach your state cheesy

Lol this one no really be Gej fault..,na dat tumor-headed uduaghan n his fellows !
Re: Foreign Investors Plan $16bn Investment In Delta State by Sloan: 1:38am On Oct 05, 2013
solomon111: The real investors with business sense have decided to build a PTC and fertilizer plant in the SS, the site of raw materials,while dangote decided to play politics.

Why are you still crying like a booboo that you are?? grin grin grin It is obvious most of you suffered an irreversible damage some 40+ years ago or did you fall down from the back of your mother and smashed your head on the hard concrete? How can a sane human be questioning the business decision of Dangote and partners when you will never rise above the level of a salary earner, "i beg to apply all your life"?? Let it back fire now, is it your money or company? At least this is $ 16 B or are you afraid that it is all hot air while Dangote's plan will most likely happen while this one remains a dream?? If only ASUU will call of this strike you might just have a semblance of life again!
Re: Foreign Investors Plan $16bn Investment In Delta State by IGBOSON1: 2:04am On Oct 05, 2013
Sloan:

Why are you still crying like a booboo that you are?? grin grin grin It is obvious most of you suffered an irreversible damage some 40+ years ago or did you fall down from the back of your mother and smashed your head on the hard concrete? How can a sane human be questioning the business decision of Dangote and partners when you will never rise above the level of a salary earner, "i beg to apply all your life"?? Let it back fire now, is it your money or company? At least this is $ 16 B or are you afraid that it is all hot air while Dangote's plan will most likely happen while this one remains a dream?? If only ASUU will call of this strike you might just have a semblance of life again!

^^^You're waffling mate!

Bottom line is: let Dangote keep his investments (restricted to the South West and North); while the Niger Delta keep their oyel and gas! Then everybody will be happy! smiley

1 Like

Re: Foreign Investors Plan $16bn Investment In Delta State by Nobody: 6:46am On Oct 05, 2013
You are very right about dangote there,but its even better as the poster above me wrote,let dangote restrict his investment to the sw and north.Politics is not his calling,trying to play it between ondo and delta is a disaster waiting to happen for him.Does he think he can pipe crude oil from delta state oilfields to his refinery in ondo and the niger delta militants in delta state will fold their hands and watch him?
solomon111: The real investors with business sense have decided to build a PTC and fertilizer plant in the SS, the site of raw materials,while dangote decided to play politics.
Re: Foreign Investors Plan $16bn Investment In Delta State by jliusadura(m): 7:34am On Oct 05, 2013
chima12: You are very right about dangote there,but its even better as the poster above me wrote,let dangote restrict his investment to the sw and north.Politics is not his calling,trying to play it between ondo and delta is a disaster waiting to happen for him.Does he think he can pipe crude oil from delta state oilfields to his refinery in ondo and the niger delta militants in delta state will fold their hands and watch him?
There is oil Ondo, Edo and now Lagos. Many of you are living in the past while smart investors are aware of the new changes. Very soon Lagos oil will one of the largest with lower cost of processing.
Re: Foreign Investors Plan $16bn Investment In Delta State by doctokwus: 8:47am On Oct 05, 2013
Its only in nigeria pple build projects and investments are actualized in pple's dreams.The total direct investment in nig has it been up to $16b;yet that clown Uduaghan has recorded such amt accruing to delta state in his dreams!
Re: Foreign Investors Plan $16bn Investment In Delta State by solomon111(m): 8:59am On Oct 05, 2013
jliusadura: There is oil Ondo, Edo and now Lagos. Many of you are living in the past while smart investors are aware of the new changes. Very soon Lagos oil will one of the largest with lower cost of processing.
I am tired of correcting people on this.
The oil in lagos is not commercially viable.
The only SW state with commercial quantity of oil is ondo and they rank 4th or 5th in Nigeria's crude-oil output.
Most of the crude oil product that dangote will need will come from the SS.
And finally,edo state is a SS state not SW,and their oil deposits are negligible compared to powerhouses like akwa-ibom,delta and rivers and abia.

(1) (Reply)

Anambra State Govt To Reconstuct Onitsha-enugu Expressway / 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan. / Goodbye Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.