Stats: 3,173,606 members, 7,888,951 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 07:01 PM

How The Police Killed An Innocent Man In Benin And Fled - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How The Police Killed An Innocent Man In Benin And Fled (1096 Views)

Army Condemns Cowardly Attitude Of Soldiers Who Fled From Bokoharam / Riot At Ikorodu Garage After Policemen Killed An Okada Rider / Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them (2) (3) (4)

How The Police Killed An Innocent Man In Benin And Fled by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 05, 2013
Its no news that the Nigerian Police comprises irresponsible and highly unqualified persons (Not all anyway) often causing the death of innocent citizens... The very citizens they swore to protect!
This morning, at about 7:30 am, I took a bus somewhere around ringroad to Ogida barrack and just as my bus moved, a police van drove to the front of the bus that was still loading in front of the bus I entered. The driver of the police truck got down and started flogging somebody I couldn't see clearly (probably the conductor)
...The driver of the bus tried to move awaw from the road with the police man still flogging, he pushed an innocent civilian to the road (with his open door and another bus coming from behind hit both the civillian and the door...
My bus was already far ahead so I couldn't take pictures! The victim remained on the floor in a pool of his blood and broken glasses.
Immediately, the police man ran to his truck and zoomed off! He passed the bus I entered and I tried to get the number written on the truck. Did it in a hurry and I hope I got it right. SPD8042C.
I hope the culprits are brought to justice. Help circulate that number just incase that van really in in Benin!
Re: How The Police Killed An Innocent Man In Benin And Fled by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 05, 2013
Centdonald1: Its no news that the Nigerian Police comprises irresponsible and highly unqualified persons (Not all anyway) often causing the death of innocent citizens... The very citizens they swore to protect!
This morning, at about 7:30 am, I took a bus somewhere around ringroad to Ogida barrack and just as my bus moved, a police van drove to the front of the bus that was still loading in front of the bus I entered. The driver of the police truck got down and started flogging somebody I couldn't see clearly (probably the conductor)
...The driver of the bus tried to move awaw from the road with the police man still flogging, he pushed an innocent civilian to the road (with his open door and another bus coming from behind hit both the civillian and the door...
My bus was already far ahead so I couldn't take pictures! The victim remained on the floor in a pool of his blood and broken glasses.
Immediately, the police man ran to his truck and zoomed off! He passed the bus I entered and I tried to get the number written on the truck. Did it in a hurry and I hope I got it right. SPD8042C.
I hope the culprits are brought to justice. Help circulate that number just incase that van really in in Benin!
i see, you really want these guys to end up in jail....things like this happen everyday and nothing gets done, some're even worse, what makes you think there'd be a change?
Re: How The Police Killed An Innocent Man In Benin And Fled by petrov10: 9:13am On Oct 05, 2013
The police is your fiend
Re: How The Police Killed An Innocent Man In Benin And Fled by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 05, 2013
Elliotwiz1: i see, you really want these guys to end up in jail....things like this happen everyday and nothing gets done, some're even worse, what makes you think there'd be a change?

We have to speak up against such injustice. U need to even see the way they drove away!

Its just sad to know the law doesn't apply to those that make the law and those entrusted to mantain law and order...

Re: How The Police Killed An Innocent Man In Benin And Fled by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 05, 2013
Centdonald1:

We have to speak up against such injustice. U need to even see the way they drove away!

Its just sad to know the law doesn't apply to those that make the law and those entrusted to mantain law and order...
speaking up against injustice.....yes, i know that is what we need, but We're all blaming the goverment...i think the change will start from us... You said the police was being brutal towards the conductor or driver.....you can as well think that they must have done something against the law....You're putting all the blame on the policeman, what if the drivers had done the right thing, would this have happened?.....and the policeman did not kill him*he caused the death,but he was not the killer*edit the heading.
Re: How The Police Killed An Innocent Man In Benin And Fled by donphilopus: 9:29am On Oct 05, 2013
I won't blame those Police men because they are bunch of Nitwits
Re: How The Police Killed An Innocent Man In Benin And Fled by Nobody: 9:39am On Oct 05, 2013
Elliotwiz1: speaking up against injustice.....yes, i know that is what we need, but We're all blaming the goverment...i think the change will start from us... You said the police was being brutal towards the conductor or driver.....you can as well think that they must have done something against the law....You're putting all the blame on the policeman, what if the drivers had done the right thing, would this have happened?.....and the policeman did not kill him*he caused the death,but he was not the killer*edit the heading.

Well said! However, two wrongs don't make it right! Thepolice fleeing after the accident is the most shameful thing I've "seen with my eyes" in all my life!
I've heard things but never have I seen one this shameful!
Nigeria is a lawless country (which by d way, won't stop anytime soon unless we start speaking really loud against every act of injustice we see everyday)
Re: How The Police Killed An Innocent Man In Benin And Fled by ifyalways(f): 9:40am On Oct 05, 2013
donphilopus: I won't blame those Police men because they are bunch of Nitwits
So you blame the passengers or the victim undecided

Elliotwiz1: speaking up against injustice.....yes, i know that is what we need, but We're all blaming the goverment...i think the change will start from us... You said the police was being brutal towards the conductor or driver.....you can as well think that they must have done something against the law....You're putting all the blame on the policeman, what if the drivers had done the right thing, would this have happened?.....and the policeman did not kill him*he caused the death,but he was not the killer*edit the heading.
Are you for real?
What a load of papal bulls. angry

@OP,I dont know if the number on the van would suffice. No name of the said officer ? I know with the registration,the van can be traced to its originating station but getting the id of the officer using it at that specific time can be a dead end.
Its plain sad,how people are killed anyhow here. angry

Re: How The Police Killed An Innocent Man In Benin And Fled by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 05, 2013
ifyalways: So you blame the passengers or the victim undecided

Are you for real?

@OP,I dont know if the number on the van would suffice. No name of the said officer ? I know with the registration,the van can be traced to its originating station but getting the id of the officer using it at that specific time can be a dead end.
mtchew...like posting a solution here on NL has an effect on the real life....sighs*continue fantasising*
Re: How The Police Killed An Innocent Man In Benin And Fled by deeptesting(m): 9:44am On Oct 05, 2013

You must be in a confused state of mind or perhaps you are yet to take your breakfast...So a citizen should be killed by the police because he did something against the law? Is that what the constitution says? They have no right to put the innocent life of people in harms way but simply effect the arrest of law breakers and charge them to court and in this case the police us guilty as charged. Please think before you post.

Re: How The Police Killed An Innocent Man In Benin And Fled by ifyalways(f): 9:44am On Oct 05, 2013
Centdonald1:

Well said! However, two wrongs don't make it right! Thepolice fleeing after the accident is the most shameful thing I've "seen with my eyes" in all my life!
Nigeria is a lawless country (which by d way, won't stop anytime soon unless we start speaking really loud against every act of injustice we see everyday)
You sef,do you even have an opinion? Whats well said in what you quoted

Whatever crime the bus or conductor committed,was an officer supposed to stop them in the middle of the road and start flogging them like fulani cows? Why not let the driver park well,or tow the car to the station? what was the flogging for ?

Abi this your tori na fake story kpa kpa undecided

Re: How The Police Killed An Innocent Man In Benin And Fled by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 05, 2013
Naija, a place where the people(the idiotic police force) entrusted with the safeguarding of the lives of the citizenry, are the m0r0ns that actually take them(lives). Smh
Re: How The Police Killed An Innocent Man In Benin And Fled by ifyalways(f): 9:48am On Oct 05, 2013
Centdonald1: Its no news that the Nigerian Police comprises irresponsible and highly unqualified persons (Not all anyway) often causing the death of innocent citizens... The very citizens they swore to protect!
No emergency numbers you can dial in Benin ? angry
That person lying there is someone's loved one. Someones parent or sibling and it could be any one of us.
Please,do something.It could save his life.
I pray help gets to him on time.
Re: How The Police Killed An Innocent Man In Benin And Fled by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 05, 2013
Centdonald1:

speaking really loud against every act of injustice?for Gods sake we speak out LOUD everyday! The crisis that grows everyday in Nigeria is a evidence....! People fighting in the Nigerdelta and everywhere to make themselves known...what i believe is that no matter how long we complain, this will remain the same except the next generation decides to make a change...a revolution, That's what we need...if the people growing up to be the future leaders of Nigeria act like the present leaders, do you expect a changei dont think you should expect any, the change should come from us....dont put all the blame on the government..
Re: How The Police Killed An Innocent Man In Benin And Fled by donphilopus: 9:50am On Oct 05, 2013
ifyalways: So you blame the passengers or the victim undecided

Are you for real?

no oooo, you can't blame a mad man for doing something wrong nau
Re: How The Police Killed An Innocent Man In Benin And Fled by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 05, 2013
deeptesting:

You must be in a confused state of mind or perhaps you are yet to take your breakfast...So a citizen should be killed by the police because he did something against the law? Is that what the constitution says? They have no right to put the innocent life of people in harms way but simply effect the arrest of law breakers and charge them to court and in this case the police us guilty as charged. Please think before you post.
please, before you underscore my posts understand what i'm trying to say, i'm not saying the policeman was right, what i'm trying to say is that "It's time for us to make a change in Nigeria, a change that begins from us" if the driver had obeyed traffic rules, would this have happened??
Re: How The Police Killed An Innocent Man In Benin And Fled by Nobody: 9:56am On Oct 05, 2013
ifyalways:
No emergency numbers you can dial in Benin ? angry
That person lying there is someone's loved one. Someones parent or sibling and it could be any one of us.
Please,do something.It could save his life.
I pray help gets to him on time.
wow! It happened around 7am and see the time You're looking for emergency numbers....funny...if the OP really cares..why didn't he come down from his bus, go back and attend to the victim, or did he die at the spot?
Re: How The Police Killed An Innocent Man In Benin And Fled by Tuntheycr7: 10:08am On Oct 05, 2013
I wud always say this.....
The FEAR OF NIGERIAN POLICE IS THE BEGINING OF WISDOM....
Re: How The Police Killed An Innocent Man In Benin And Fled by cutievik: 2:12pm On Oct 05, 2013
Elliotwiz1: mtchew...like posting a solution here on NL has an effect on the real life....sighs*continue fantasising*
I
If person call u COW,d person no make mistake at all,do u knw how many. High's and low's log into dis forum?,dey dull urself.
Re: How The Police Killed An Innocent Man In Benin And Fled by YoshiMaster: 4:23pm On Oct 05, 2013
Tuntheycr7: I wud always say this.....
The FEAR OF NIGERIAN POLICE IS THE BEGINING OF WISDOM....

Don't fear those who can only take your life, rather fear the one that can take it and judge your soul.

Why would I fear people who breathe the same air as me?
Re: How The Police Killed An Innocent Man In Benin And Fled by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 05, 2013
cutievik: I
If person call u COW,d person no make mistake at all,do u knw how many. High's and low's log into dis forum?,dey dull urself.
hmmm there should be an IQ test for people who want to sign up on NL, i need to suggest that...it would help get rid of arrogant,pugnacious and silly kids like you...smh4you*
Re: How The Police Killed An Innocent Man In Benin And Fled by Desola(f): 6:50pm On Oct 05, 2013
Re: How The Police Killed An Innocent Man In Benin And Fled by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 05, 2013
Elliotwiz1: wow! It happened around 7am and see the time You're looking for emergency numbers....funny...if the OP really cares..why didn't he come down from his bus, go back and attend to the victim, or did he die at the spot?

It happened in a crowded place! If the victim survived the initial accident, I'm sure he would have been taken to the hospital immediately...

The reason I brought it to Nairaland is so that we could help fish out the police men who fled immediately after the accident. That's the highest level of injustice! Apparently, nobody's interested in that here! Everybody's busy pointing accusing fingers
Re: How The Police Killed An Innocent Man In Benin And Fled by Nobody: 1:16pm On Oct 06, 2013
Centdonald1:

It happened in a crowded place! If the victim survived the initial accident, I'm sure he would have been taken to the hospital immediately...

The reason I brought it to Nairaland is so that we could help fish out the police men who fled immediately after the accident. That's the highest level of injustice! Apparently, nobody's interested in that here! Everybody's busy pointing accusing fingers
you speak like you dont know the kinda country You're in, nothing gets done! what happened people arrested for past killings? Say aluu ...what else have you heard? What about the bodies that were found floating on a river, what did you hear about it? Hmmm guy, i know how you feel, everyone feels it, the problem is that you can do LITTLE about it....semi-hopeless situation.

Federal High Court disqualifies Andy Uba as PDP Gov Aspirant in Anambra. / #BREAKING: Another Explosion Hits Kano State / JUSUN Denies Suspending Nationwide Strike

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63