Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,440 members, 7,978,392 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 07:48 AM

Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. (8676 Views)

Kano Youths Lead In Drug Abuse Index Of The NDLEA / Two Kano Youths On Their Way To Join ISIS Apprehended In India / Drunk Policeman Falls Into The Gutter In Ibadan (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by youngies(m): 3:24pm On Jul 14, 2008
Are you just insinuating, or you have proof of that?
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by lucabrasi(m): 4:57pm On Jul 14, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Who are you to decide he is MORALLY OBLIGATED?? YOu blame him when you connect him to this.

What has his wealth to do with this??

What law declares he is MORALLY OBLIGATED?? What MORAL LAWS?? a True Muslim is morally obligated to save teens, some of whom may actually be from rich homes, from choosing to sniff gutter fumes?? OH BROTHER!! Now you speak for Islam??
well ill blame him if you put it that way because he made his money from these same people i.e staples/commodity trading
it is his home state and where he started,he claims to be a devout muslim

his wealth has a whole lot to do with this because its not fair to use a charity foundation to evade tax and not at least do the basic for the children in your own home state,if foreigners who have no connection with africa and are not as wealthy as he is can dedicate their time and resources to coming to that same region,people like bono has been to the north and helped with polio,malaria e.tc as far back as like 80s/90s then its an indictment on him

theres no law that he must do it,that s why i said morally obligated not lawfully, its a perception of right and wrong,no one is forcing bill agtes to dedicate his billions to helping african kids,after all he is a white caucasian american who has no connection with africa,even the sales of his softwares in african wont make a dent on his fortune,same goes for the likes of angelina jolie,bono,mandela,will smith,kelly rowland,ophrah e.t.c even the royal family in britain

yes he is obligated to if he considers himself a devout muslim, religion makes up a part of the moral fabric no?
rich homeshell no pedro,they are called almajiris and are mostly children living in quranic homes with imams as their head,these imams teach them the quran and because they cant feed them send them out to beg for money foods e.t.c they are also used to ferment religious trouble or instability in the state,im not speaking for islam like i said i mentioned his religious leaning because its a part of a person's total personality/moral standing, you will trust a devout muslim/xtian to do business with than the opposite
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by Kobojunkie: 5:21pm On Jul 14, 2008
lucabrasi:

well ill blame him if you put it that way because he made his money from these same people i.e staples/commodity trading

his wealth has a whole lot to do with this because its not fair to use a charity foundation to evade tax and not at least do the basic for the children in your own home state,if foreigners who have no connection with africa and are not as wealthy as he is can dedicate their time and resources to coming to that same region,people like bono has been to the north and helped with polio,malaria e.tc as far back as like 80s/90s then its an indictment on him

theres no law that he must do it,that s why i said morally obligated not lawfully, its a perception of right and wrong,no one is forcing bill agtes to dedicate his billions to helping african kids,after all he is a white caucasian american who has no connection with africa,even the sales of his softwares in african wont make a dent on his fortune,same goes for the likes of angelina jolie,bono,mandela,will smith,kelly rowland,ophrah e.t.c even the royal family in britain

yes he is obligated to if he considers himself a devout muslim, religion makes up a part of the moral fabric no?
rich homeshell no pedro,they are called almajiris and are mostly children living in quranic homes with imams as their head,these imams teach them the quran and because they can't feed them send them out to beg for money foods e.t.c they are also used to ferment religious trouble or instability in the state,im not speaking for islam like i said i mentioned his religious leaning because its a part of a person's total personality/moral standing, you will trust a devout muslim/xtian to do business with than the opposite

Since you agree that all this claim that he is morally obligated this and that is all based on your thinking /opinion, then I am done here!!
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by RedHotChic(f): 7:45pm On Jul 14, 2008

I still don't understand what moral obligation and an individual largess got to do with addiction? Unless you want him to build and finance a rehabilitation center. Yes, poverty may be a contributing factor to sniffing gutter but the sniffers will quickly move to something higher if you give them money. Maradona, Whitney Houston, George Michael etc sniffed something and they have money. There is no telling on whether they'll not resort to gutter to get high if there money is no more. In America, poor addicts smoke crack while rich ones do the real pure cocaine, so leave dangote out of this. There is no moral obligation to anything here.
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by RedHotChic(f): 7:49pm On Jul 14, 2008
ok then i get it,but like i keep saying dangote can do whatever he likes with his money,after all even the government are treating public money like their personal purse,the point here is that dangote is "MORALLY OBLIGATED"to give the children the basics in life namely education,if the gutter sniffers were in owerri then ill blame any indigene of owerri who s a billionaire in dollars,made his money through the people,
virtually everyone knows what the likes of adenuga,kanu e.t.c do for charity,if dangote was doing anything at all in kano,it will be abundantly manifest considering the children there are about 7-9million,no one is saying he should give them 1 million naira each or something but at least get them off the streets,in all the countries round the world where u hear of street kids sniffing gum,petrol e.t.c the recurrent decimal is always failure of the state and private individuals,what you don't know is that the likes of dangote use these children for religious riots and what not and prefer to keep them in that condition because having an education will free them from the shackles of ignorance,during the religious riot in the 1990s in kano a dangote trailer was seized by policemen on stop and search,when weapons and armour was found covered by wheat and other stuffs,and dangote himself was implicated but as usual in nigeria the whole thing was covered up,also remember he made the bulk of his money from staple commodities the general populace consume like sugar,salt,fertilizer,flour e.t.c apart from all that he actually has a charity foundation but most times he and other nigerian rich men who also do use it for money laundering and tax evasion
I guess you are from Nigeria. You don't have to be dangote to help out you know. YOu are also morally obligated if we follow your moral laws to provide something for your people. The libraries needs books, schools needs furniture and other infracstructures, many widows need small loan to start a business so they can be self sufficient and some of these loan are as little as N20k/$200. You can afford that, can't you or are you waiting for Dangote if you are from the north or Adenuga(west) or Tony Ezenna(east) to help out?
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by lucabrasi(m): 8:44pm On Jul 14, 2008
RedHotChic:

I still don't understand what moral obligation and an individual largess got to do with addiction? Unless you want him to build and finance a rehabilitation center. Yes, poverty may be a contributing factor to sniffing gutter but the sniffers will quickly move to something higher if you give them money. Maradona, Whitney Houston, George Michael etc sniffed something and they have money. There is no telling on whether they'll not resort to gutter to get high if there money is no more. In America, poor addicts smoke crack while rich ones do the real pure cocaine, so leave dangote out of this. There is no moral obligation to anything here.
well ill tell you what moral obligation has to do with sniffing he owes these kids a moral obligation because he has more than enough to spare,kano is his home state,he claims to be a devout muslime.t.c i could go on, the reason why these children sniff gutters or getting high is a temporary escape from the harsh realities they are faced with,i have forgotten a bbc programme i saw here in 2005/6 about street kids in one of the south american countries,they sniff gum and sleep on the streets and all that similar to this one in your article,individual largess has a lot to do because just by his influencehe he can give these children hope,like i said before, he doesnt and shouldnt give them money at all but education/rehabilitation, if a man like tb joshua can virtually take over feeding,educating almost all the less priviledged kids in his vicinity,then its not too much for a billionaire in dollars to spend a couple of millions of naira to build a school/rehabilitation centre for them and staff it,after all he donated hundreds of millions for obasanjo's white elephant library just because of political patronage.

these kids are diffrent from the likes of whitney,maradona and co, they are despondent,suffer despair,loss of hope and the one way to escape all that is getting high,you must appreciate that it takes a lot psychologically for children not just to get high but on gutter fumes,
of course a lot of them migh still go back to sniffing whaever but at least a whole lot of them would have been saved from that life and given basic education/something to live for,i v listed the reasons why i think dangote and any other billionaire in that state i might add,are morally obligated to those children,why do you think mandela is respected worldwide/the only black man/african in history that a queen of england takes as her close confidant and asks for advice about her children,grand children members of the royal family, mandela is not owing the south africans jack after giving them almost 30 years of his life,but afer his terms ,he set up an hiv foundation and just for that singular act,look at how many stars internationally call him daddy or grand dad,naomi campbell left her jamaican grand dad in london and claiming another papa as her adopted grand dad, its because of his moral standing, even knuckle head hip hop stars like 50 cent went to south africa to identify with him, thats a lot go check mko s history and why people remember him 10 years after,its because of his moral standing,he didnt have to do it but he did thats moral obligations
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by lucabrasi(m): 8:48pm On Jul 14, 2008
RedHotChic:

I guess you are from Nigeria. You don't have to be dangote to help out you know. YOu are also morally obligated if we follow your moral laws to provide something for your people. The libraries needs books, schools needs furniture and other infracstructures, many widows need small loan to start a business so they can be self sufficient and some of these loan are as little as N20k/$200. You can afford that, can't you or are you waiting for Dangote if you are from the north or Adenuga(west) or Tony Ezenna(east) to help out?
im not as loaded as dangote,besides im just an undergraduate and still living off my parents,im not in nigeria im in uk, even at that i dont want to blow my trumpet but im definitely doing my bit which i started in my own small way in 2006 when i went to naija.
of course ytou are right,im doing my bit,i know for sure with a clear conscience my parent are doing and have been doing a lot as well,so i believe im on a moral highground to blame dangote and his ilk
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by aahmed112: 1:21pm On Jul 16, 2008
Dangote > sniffers > obligation. . . still can't put it 2gether. Mayb mo like

Kano first lady > sniffers > pet project: rehabilitation centre > wink
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by Kobojunkie: 2:17pm On Jul 16, 2008
roflmao! I quit trying to create the connection.
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by lucabrasi(m): 5:21pm On Jul 16, 2008
aahmed112:

if you cant make a connection then ill suggest you look for the nearest dictionary and find the words"moral obligation or if you cant find that look for any social science text book or literary work or search for chicago school online and look for the word"social responsiblity" so its more like
dangote(having being a billionaire before the present governor came to power)and other eminent kano indigenes

kano governor/first lady

public or government/private patnerships -thats the connection right there,helped you to put ittogether
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by DeepZone: 6:22pm On Jul 22, 2008
Dangote > sniffers > obligation. . . Huh Huh still can't put it 2gether. Mayb mo like

Kano first lady > sniffers > pet project: rehabilitation centre >

Roflmaao
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by Nobody: 10:52am On Jul 26, 2008
aahmed112:

so u thing everybody who visits nairaland must have sense? think again.
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by adamsy07: 12:08pm On Jul 27, 2008
REDHOTCHIC
Lol; Apparently, weed that used to be cheap is now beyond the reach of the poor masses, Haba, Yaradua and his bad govt!!!! Very soon, those that smoke cigarettes in Nigeria will start smoking used sanitary pads because they can't afford the real cigarettes.
HI,
I DON'NT MEAN TO BE RUDE TO YOU,BUT SOMETIMES WE SHOULD BE CAREFUL ABOUT HOW WE THROW OUR COMMENTS,COS OVER HERE WE HAVE FORIEGNERS INLOVE WITH THIS FORUM.
WAT HAS YARADUA GOT TO DO WITH THE INCREASE IN PRICE OF WEEDS,EVEN IF IT IS HIS FAULT HE SHOULD BE APPLAUDED COS WEED IS WAT NIGERIANS NEED LESS FOR NOW,COS THE ECONOMY MAKES PEOPLE FAUSTRATED AND WEEDS FOR FAUSTRATED PEOPLE IS WAT LEADS THEM TO CRIME,DON'T FORGET WHEN THEY GO HIGH THEY DON'T ATTACK THE GOVT PEOPLE THEY ATTACK YOU AND ME.
THIS IS AN ISSUE WE DISCUSS OFTEN HERE,COS AFTER HUSSLING ABROAD WE DON'T WANT TO GO HOME AND BE ATTACKED AND SEE OUR HARD EARNED PROPERTIES LOOTED.
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by DeepZone: 7:06pm On Jul 27, 2008
HI,
I DON'NT MEAN TO BE RUDE TO YOU,BUT SOMETIMES WE SHOULD BE CAREFUL ABOUT HOW WE THROW OUR COMMENTS,COS OVER HERE WE HAVE FORIEGNERS INLOVE WITH THIS FORUM.
WAT HAS YARADUA GOT TO DO WITH THE INCREASE IN PRICE OF WEEDS,EVEN IF IT IS HIS FAULT HE SHOULD BE APPLAUDED COS WEED IS WAT NIGERIANS NEED LESS FOR NOW,COS THE ECONOMY MAKES PEOPLE FAUSTRATED AND WEEDS FOR FAUSTRATED PEOPLE IS WAT LEADS THEM TO CRIME,DON'T FORGET WHEN THEY GO HIGH THEY DON'T ATTACK THE GOVT PEOPLE THEY ATTACK YOU AND ME.
THIS IS AN ISSUE WE DISCUSS OFTEN HERE,COS AFTER HUSSLING ABROAD WE DON'T WANT TO GO HOME AND BE ATTACKED AND SEE OUR HARD EARNED PROPERTIES LOOTED.
Take a chill pill bro, it's not that serious and nobody is canvassing for cheap marijuana in Nigeria.
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by xxxnaijaxx: 8:07pm On Jul 27, 2008
why are they doing that ke, are they mad nii, gutter aahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, this must be a joke beeni. i am going to inform baba iyabo about this yeske.
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by adamsy07: 9:35pm On Jul 27, 2008
DEEPZONE
Take a chill pill bro, it's not that serious and nobody is canvassing for cheap marijuana in Nigeria.
I DID NOT ALSO MEAN IT HARD,I JUST WANT PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND THAT SOME INVESTORS ARE PLANNING TO HELP BY INVESTING AND EMPLOYING NIGERIANS TO WORK,BUT THEY DO NOT SEE IT AS JOKE BUT SERIOUS AND THEY WILL CHANGE THEIR MINDS,COS KNOW ONE WANTS TO LOOSE MONEY BY THINKING THAT THE PEOPLE THEY WANNA EMPLOY ARE WEED BELIEVERS.
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by DeepZone: 9:37pm On Jul 27, 2008
I DID NOT ALSO MEAN IT HARD,I JUST WANT PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND THAT SOME INVESTORS ARE PLANNING TO HELP BY INVESTING AND EMPLOYING NIGERIANS TO WORK,BUT THEY DO NOT SEE IT AS JOKE BUT SERIOUS AND THEY WILL CHANGE THEIR MINDS,COS KNOW ONE WANTS TO LOOSE MONEY BY THINKING THAT THE PEOPLE THEY WANNA EMPLOY ARE WEED BELIEVERS.
o ma seo!!!
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 27, 2008
@post
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Naija no get white out?

ewwww, gutter odor?
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by Andy1985ng(m): 1:39am On Nov 04, 2008
The topic head was just too funny i had to drop a line. What is this world turning into?
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by opuro(m): 11:30am On Nov 05, 2008
Why would they not sniff gota, shit napkins pampers?
naijiriya jagajaga, everything scater scater
puor man de surfer surfer
gun shot in a d air!
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by Kobojunkie: 8:33pm On Nov 05, 2008
roflmao!!
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by DeepZone: 12:37am On Nov 06, 2008
Why would they not sniff gota, shit napkins pampers?

Help them out instead of laughing at them. Hausa really need our help otherwise they may 'disease' themselves to death someday and use your money to take care of the carnage.
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by Livvvvy(f): 9:51am On Nov 06, 2008
@Deepzone
True talk.

what do u expect from jobless and twisted brains mollas, they are not enlightened.

Well, what i will suggest is that the government of kano state invests in schools, schools and schools. And when i mean schools, i mean real schools that is properly funded so that the poor ones can start attending the schools at early age - since it is obvious that majority of them are from poor homes -and then they are enlighted at an early age. So that even when there is no job, the dont go sniffing sh**t.
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by MCUsman(m): 9:55am On Nov 06, 2008
DeepZone:

use your money to take care of the carnage.

Money is all what you care for.  embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

DeepZone:

Hausa really need our help .

Check todays Tribune and channel your help.

It was at the Hovel Hotel that 12 girls were rescued and six of them tested positive to HIV/AIDS. It was also at Crown brothel that a girl, as young as 11 years, was rescued from prostitution.The oldest among the 12 rescued girls was just 16, yet their clients love to patronise them because of their supposed inexpereince , while their 'boss whom they call "madam"' and owners of the brothels smile each day to the banks.
http://www.nigeriamasterweb.com/paperfrmes.html
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by nomanicole(f): 3:18pm On Nov 07, 2008
JESUS, you are kidding me.the world is certainly coming to an end,im actually too irritated to speak
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by ChineduEZ: 5:45pm On Jul 30, 2010
new !!
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by AjanleKoko: 6:52pm On Jul 30, 2010
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Some years back, na so I climb Okada one fine morning.
The rider/driver na malo. He was busy sniffing glue. I'm not kidding. angry
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by omamokta: 10:53am On Jul 31, 2010
This is pure poverty.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Only City With 11 L.G.A Area In SS/SE (orlu) / Full Definition Of "Wailing Wailers" / Southeast Governors Plan Befitting Burial For Ekwueme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.