Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,936 members, 7,890,083 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 08:59 AM

Jonathan’s Secret Assets Deny Nigeria Membership Of Global Anti-corruption Body. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan’s Secret Assets Deny Nigeria Membership Of Global Anti-corruption Body. (3456 Views)

Panama: Documents Counter David Mark’s Denial Of Secret Assets In Tax Havens / Rivers Guber: More Facebook Postings Expose Okoye’s Membership Of APC / Breaking: Boko Haram Members Denounce Membership Of Sect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan’s Secret Assets Deny Nigeria Membership Of Global Anti-corruption Body. by Gbawe: 4:12pm On Oct 05, 2013
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/146072-exclusive-jonathans-secret-assets-deny-nigeria-membership-of-global-anti-corruption-body.html

EXCLUSIVE: Jonathan’s secret assets deny Nigeria membership of global anti-corruption body – PREMIUM TIMES

Goodluck Jonathan

The refusal of President Goodluck Jonathan and other public officials to publicly declare their assets as required by law, has been pointed as the chief reason Nigeria has been denied membership of the Open Government Partnership, an influential global anti-corruption initiative backed by major nations.

The partnership was launched by world leaders in 2011 to ensure governments’ commitment to promote transparency, empower citizens, fight corruption and use new technologies to strengthen governance.
Its membership has grown from eight countries to 60 countries in just two years, and is now viewed as a mark of a country’s high transparency standard.
While Nigeria was spurned, six African countries have been admitted to the prestigious body. They are Ghana, Liberia, Kenya, Tanzania, Malawi and South Africa.

Jack Mahoney, the partnership’s Program Associate, told PREMIUM TIMES in an email that despite showing an interest, Nigeria has failed to make the cut to be accepted as a member.
“Nigeria is very close to eligibility, but has not yet reached the necessary score. At last count performed in March 2013, the Nigerian Government scored an 11/16, and is therefore one point away from the 12/16 minimum score required for countries to be eligible to join,” he said.
Top on the list of the reasons given why Nigeria is still falling short is the blatant refusal of President Jonathan, alongside other public officials, to publicly declare their assets.
Last year, during a media chat, Mr Jonathan showed utter disregard for transparency when he declared he was not going to declare his assets publicly.
“The issue of asset declaration is a matter of principle. I don’t give a damn about it, if you want to criticise me from heaven.
The issue of public declaration I think is playing to the gallery. You don’t need to publicly declare any assets.

If I am somebody who wants to hide it is what I tell you that you will even believe,” the president said.
Mr Mahoney also told PREMIUM TIMES that for country to be accepted as a member, it needs to publish its annual Audit Report measured by the Open Budget Index (OBI).
The OBI measures the state of budget transparency, participation, and oversight in countries around the world.
Last year, Nigeria’s budget scored a woeful 16 point out of 100 leaving the country at the 80th position out of the 100 countries surveyed. With 93 points, New Zealand was rated as the country with the most transparent budget followed by South Africa with 90 points.
Mr Mahoney said Nigeria needs to also improve its score in the Democracy Index (DI) to be considered for membership. The DI is compiled by the Economist Intelligence Unit and it measures the state of democracy in 167 countries base on 60 indicators grouped in five different categories: electoral process and pluralism, civil liberties, functioning of government, political participation, and political culture. In 2012, DI Nigeria was ranked the 7th most terrorised country in the world.
Three Non-Governmental Organisations (NGO) have called the federal government to task over the inability of the country to qualify as a member of the Open Government Partnership (OGP) membership.
Media Rights Agenda (MRA), BudgIT Nigeria, and Public and Private Development Centre (PPDC) say “Nigeria’s inability to meet OGP’s eligibility requirements constitutes a major slur on the country’s image and reputation, particularly in the light that six other African countries are already members of the OGP.”
The groups therefore advised the government to do the following to be accepted as a member of the OGP:
1. “Ensure that audit reports of public accounts, particularly by the Auditor-General of the Federation, are proactively disclosed and made available to members of the public.
2. Ensure that incomes of all categories of public officers are proactively disclosed as required by Section 2(3) (d) (vi) of the Freedom of Information Act and other applicable laws.
3. The Code of Conduct Bureau should bring itself into compliance with the Freedom of Information Act by acceding to requests from members of the public for it to disclose asset declarations in its custody submitted by elected and senior government officials, which constitute information maintained by it as a public institution within the meaning of the Act.
4. Improve citizen participation and civic engagement in policy-making and in all aspects of governance, including around the issue of Nigeria’s membership of the OGP.”
Re: Jonathan’s Secret Assets Deny Nigeria Membership Of Global Anti-corruption Body. by JECBOSS: 4:16pm On Oct 05, 2013
Another thread to bash GEJ. If he had declared his assets, we'll still find fault with it. The problem is that most Nigerians don't know the content of our constitution. The President must declare his assets with the Bureau. He can only make it public if he so chooses! Now what's GEJ's offence? Because he decided not to make the declaration public? Has he gone against the law? Let's not politicise every issue. Go tell the National Assembly to amend that part of the constitution and make public declaration of assets mandatory. Either way, GEJ IS THE WINNER!

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Secret Assets Deny Nigeria Membership Of Global Anti-corruption Body. by tnktosin(m): 4:25pm On Oct 05, 2013
Interesting. This might not see front Page but still nuff respect gbawe, your stand is always uncompromising.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Secret Assets Deny Nigeria Membership Of Global Anti-corruption Body. by Standing5(m): 4:26pm On Oct 05, 2013
The man probably still doesn't give a damn. Articles like these are good tools for choosing candidate for 2015 election. GEJ has no inner strength to confront any public office holder who decides not to give a damn about asset declaration. I think the global anti-corruption body have a good point here.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Secret Assets Deny Nigeria Membership Of Global Anti-corruption Body. by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 05, 2013
One man's ignorance and arrogance has denied Nigeria membership in the Global anti-corruption body? Not only him precisely but anyone who has benefitted directly or indirectly through him as a result of corruption. When Nigeria was tagged highest user of private jets,it looked like a major achievement to the corrupt people in government despite the fact that poverty still dwells in the land.

So how does he intend to fight corruption alone when he has refused to declare his asset? A President who stupidly said corruption is the 3rd problem Nigeria has. When asked to mention the first 2, he simply said "go and ask the Minister of Finance. A president who dumbly said Corruption occurs in a wedding too? Smh

I only but weep for my country! cry

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Secret Assets Deny Nigeria Membership Of Global Anti-corruption Body. by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 05, 2013
berem: One man's ignorance and arrogance has denied Nigeria membership in the Global anti-corruption body? Not only him precisely but anyone who has benefitted directly or indirectly through him as a result of corruption. When Nigeria was tagged highest user of private jets,it looked like a major achievement to the corrupt people in government despite the fact that poverty still dwells in the land.

So how does he intend to fight corruption alone when he has refused to declare his asset? A President who stupidly said corruption is the 3rd problem Nigeria has. When asked to mention the first 2, he simply said "go and ask the Minister of Finance. A president who dumbly said Corruption occurs in a wedding too? Smh

And if I may ask u Ode, what are the benefits of joining the useless organization in the first place. Park well my friend undecided

11 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Secret Assets Deny Nigeria Membership Of Global Anti-corruption Body. by atlwireles: 4:44pm On Oct 05, 2013
Ignorance of the average Nigerian is simply appalling. grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan’s Secret Assets Deny Nigeria Membership Of Global Anti-corruption Body. by Gbawe: 4:49pm On Oct 05, 2013
berem: One man's ignorance and arrogance has denied Nigeria membership in the Global anti-corruption body? Not only him precisely but anyone who has benefitted directly or indirectly through him as a result of corruption. When Nigeria was tagged highest user of private jets,it looked like a major achievement to the corrupt people in government despite the fact that poverty still dwells in the land.

My dear sister, this is the point. This is a President taking Nigeria backwards in many ways. Ribadu recommended, in the report the Presidency tried to kill before Reuters leaked it, that Nigeria should stop, as the only major exporter of crude doing so, selling her oil through trader. Reason being that doing so keeps open avenues of fraud, corruption and blatant theft against Nigeria. Instead of implementing the recommendations of the petroleum task force, they focused on trying to ridicule and discredit Ribadu. A year later, the Petroleum task force report Ribadu produced is shredded and in the bin.

Even Ghana that is new to selling oil, relative to Nigeria, is not displaying the aberrant practices GEJ is refusing to put an end to. Next minute the worshipers of mediocrity will come here insulting others and talking all manners of conspiracy theory plus inane jargon about why others are doing well in comparison to Nigeria when, daily, we all see what our leaders categorically fail to do in comparison to others. This is why we do not make the progress we ought to.

I said it before he was elected that Jonathan is here to abet corruption. I think we can all now agree, except for those who fool themselves, that this is correct.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Secret Assets Deny Nigeria Membership Of Global Anti-corruption Body. by Gbawe: 4:50pm On Oct 05, 2013
Idi Amin: And if I may ask u Ode, what are the benefits of joining the useless organization in the first place. Park well my friend undecided

Stop insulting others. Doing such only shows lack of good breeding. Contribute your views and move on.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Secret Assets Deny Nigeria Membership Of Global Anti-corruption Body. by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 05, 2013
Gbawe: The groups therefore advised the
government to do the following to be
accepted as a member of the OGP:
2. Ensure that incomes of all categories of
public officers are proactively disclosed as
required by Section 2(3) (d) (vi) of the
Freedom of Information Act and other
applicable laws.
3. The Code of Conduct Bureau should bring
itself into compliance with the Freedom of
Information Act by acceding to requests
from members of the public for it to disclose
asset declarations in its custody submitted
by elected and senior government officials,

He is even breaking the law by refusing to declare assets yet he is nonchalantly dismissing his action as if it isn't a big deal.

Criminal oshi.
Re: Jonathan’s Secret Assets Deny Nigeria Membership Of Global Anti-corruption Body. by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 05, 2013
Op go and find a way to finish paying your 25yr mortgage in London and stop posting osundefender crap for us here

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Secret Assets Deny Nigeria Membership Of Global Anti-corruption Body. by Gbawe: 5:18pm On Oct 05, 2013
NL member:

He is even breaking the law by refusing to declare assets yet he is nonchalantly dismissing his action as if it isn't a big deal.

Criminal oshi.

Leaders lead by example everywhere else but Nigeria. Jonathan is corruption personified. This is why the most corrupt in the land all queued behind GEJ's ambition in 2010-2011. They knew Nigeria would be 'paradise' for all of them under GEJ and that is precisely the case today with corruption now officially an arm of governance.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Secret Assets Deny Nigeria Membership Of Global Anti-corruption Body. by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 05, 2013
Idi Amin: And if I may ask u Ode, what are the benefits of joining the useless organization in the first place. Park well my friend undecided
You just displayed your stoopidity at a level it cannot be tamed. You have been crowned a first class idiooot for saying there are no benefits of joining the organization. What more can I say? Do I really blame you,no I don't! Now phuck off before I spit on you! angry
Re: Jonathan’s Secret Assets Deny Nigeria Membership Of Global Anti-corruption Body. by Ngwakwe: 5:54pm On Oct 05, 2013
The truth is that all assets GEJ had prior to May 2007 were publicly declared.

The notion of secret assets are pure conjecture from the reporter.
Re: Jonathan’s Secret Assets Deny Nigeria Membership Of Global Anti-corruption Body. by tnktosin(m): 5:54pm On Oct 05, 2013
berem: You just displayed your stoopidity at a level it cannot be tamed. You have been crowned a first class idiooot for saying there are no benefits of joining the organization. What more can I say? Do I really blame you,no I don't! Now phuck off before I spit on you! angry
Lol @berem u wan make e go kill himself? Forgive him for he knows not what he says grin
Re: Jonathan’s Secret Assets Deny Nigeria Membership Of Global Anti-corruption Body. by Nobody: 6:00pm On Oct 05, 2013
just a question! do you have a job? your noteriority on nairaland is second to none, and you display them on purpose, just to attract attention.

A quick glance at your profile shows that you always change your pix at every moment, it also shows that you always display private informations, like your addresses, your bbpin, twitter account, your numbers and every details of yours.

please if I may ask again. are you that jobless and poor that you always seek noteriority for your likes to notice you? just a question ooooooo.
berem: You just displayed your stoopidity at a level it cannot be tamed. You have been crowned a first class idiooot for saying there are no benefits of joining the organization. What more can I say? Do I really blame you,no I don't! Now phuck off before I spit on you! angry

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Secret Assets Deny Nigeria Membership Of Global Anti-corruption Body. by Ngwakwe: 6:01pm On Oct 05, 2013
He declared his assets publicly in 2007 as Vice President and he is yet to leave office, so why the request?

Source http://pointblanknews.com/

Vice President Jonathan Bows To Pressure, Declares N0.2Billion In Assets

VP Goodluck Jonathan 
The Vice president Goodluck Jonathan yesterday capitulated to public pressure over the public declaration of his assets as done by his boss, President Umaru Yaradua as he made public his assets declaration to the Code of Conduct Bureau.

The assets which were made public by the senior Special Assistant to the Vice president on Media and Public Affairs, Ima Niboro indicates that the value of the Vice president total assets and cash in banks stands at N295,304,420.

This is about N561, 148,472 less than the assets declare by President Umaru Yar’Adua who declared his total assets to be at the value of N856,452,892.

Mr. Iniboro said the vice president’s decision to make public his assets declaration was to show that ‘there is nothing to hide’.

He added that the vice president is ‘a firm believer in the rule of law and this has guided his conduct in office through the years.

“It is this belief that also guided his position that having declared his assets for a total of seven times, there was no point in going further to publish the declaration” he noted

The vice president’s aide regretted that the position of the vice president not to make public his assets declaration had ‘generated an unfortunate storm, which is not only distractive but also quite unnecessary. We are worried that some newspapers and citizens we hold in high esteem have joined the fray.

“This merely shows that in the affairs of man, there comes a time when even the law must take a second place and the public mood must define our actions. To The Vice president, this is such a time, hence the choice to send you a copy of his declaration for publication” he said.

In the assets declaration made public yesterday, it indicated that the vice president submitted his assets declaration before Justice Muktar Dodo of the Abuja high court on 30th May 2007, a day after the oath of office and oath of allegiance was administered on him.

A break down of the assets of the vice president indicates that he has four buildings located in Yenegoa, Abuja and his home town in Ogbia, Bayelsa state.

The Vice president said he owns a five bedroom Duplex in Gwarimpa 11, Abuja which was acquired in 2003 through loan and is valued at N24,990,000 while another Seven Bedroom Duplex, which he described as Village personal Home is located at Otuoke in Ogbia Local government area of Bayelsa state. It is valued at the cost of N18,000, 000 and was acquired through ‘savings and gifts in Kind.

The last of the Vice president’s residential buildings are the Four bedroom Duplex acquired in 2003 through ‘savings and gift in Kind’ in the Kpansia area of Yenegoa. The value of the building, he said is N15,000,000. The last Building is the extended Family house in Yenegoa which he said is a four flat storey Building acquired between 2003 and 2007 through savings. The value of the property is put at N10,000,000.

Under vacant and undeveloped plots, the vice president stated as follows: 1032.50 square meter of land located at Onopa Yenegoa and valued at N3,098.00. Plot 2C, 374 Low density Area Yenegoa allocated by the bayelsa state government and valued at N150,000. 2760.00 square meter plot at cadastral Zone BO2, Durumi, Abuja allocated by the federal Capital Development Authority and valued at N5,578,540. One Parcel of farm Land at Otuoke Ogbia acquired through inheritance and estimated at the value of N50,000,000.

Plot Medium Density in Yenegoa allocated by the Federal Ministry of Works and housing the value of which he said is N1550.00

Plot 29, Low density Area Plot in Yenegoa allocated by the Bayelsa state government the value of which is put at N4,908. While the last undeveloped plot owned by the vice president is plot 2246 Cadastral Zone A06, Abuja the value of which he put at N4, 800,000. It was allocated by the Federal Capital development Authority, FCDA

The Vice president’s investment in stocks which is being managed by City Code Investment Company is as follows.

S/No Name of Stock Number Of Shares Value As At 5/25/07
1 CADBURY PLC 8,666 N264,313
2 FLOUR MILLS PLC 8,466 N635,119.32
3 GUINESS NIG. PLC 6,395 N796,177.50
4 UNILEVER 18,750 N337,500
5 UNION BANK OF NIG. PLC 23,466 N727,446
6 FIDELITY BANK PLC 33,333 N296,663.70
7 UBA PLC 180,000 N6,838,200
8 ACCESS BANK PLC 84,656 N1,635,553.92
9 CADBURY PLC 2,500 N76,250
10 UNION BANK PLC 716,109 N22,199,379
11 FIRST BANK PLC 20,000 N808,000
12 FLOUR MILLS PLC 13,333 N1,000,241.66
13 NIGERIAN BREWERIES PLC 10,000 N363,000
14 BANK PHB PLC 866,666 N24,959,980.80
15 OANDO 15,125 N1,134,375
TOTAL 2,007,465 N62,072,200

Other investments include 4nos passenger boats for hiring which is valued at N5, 260,000. While the total cash in Nigerian banks being personal saving of salaries/allowances and income from his investments stands at N58, 984,123.

The vice president house holds utensils including generators, a BMW car valued at N15, 800,000, which he said was a gift; air conditioners, furniture, electronics and kitchen utensils is valued at N41,800,000.
Re: Jonathan’s Secret Assets Deny Nigeria Membership Of Global Anti-corruption Body. by Ngwakwe: 6:01pm On Oct 05, 2013
GEJ did his in 2007, it's left for other public office holders to do theirs.

Senator Mark, Ike Ekeremadu, Ngige, Reps Tambuwal, Izunaso, Governor Akpabio, Fashola, Amaechi, T. A. Orji etc

jmaine:

Can we stop bitching around and discuss this issue holistically. Lets even assume the so called group has any meaningful contribution.

While your all ignorantly bashing GEJ cos he broke no law, can we now safely apply the the same tar used on GEJ on Other Public officials.
Re: Jonathan’s Secret Assets Deny Nigeria Membership Of Global Anti-corruption Body. by agbameta: 6:03pm On Oct 05, 2013
The man just wont stop dragging Nigeria back and disgracing Nigeria everyday...

What a travesty...
Re: Jonathan’s Secret Assets Deny Nigeria Membership Of Global Anti-corruption Body. by jmaine: 6:04pm On Oct 05, 2013
Top on the list of the reasons given why Nigeria is still falling short is the blatant refusal of President Jonathan, alongside other public officials, to publicly declare their assets.
Last year, during a media chat, Mr Jonathan showed utter disregard for transparency when he declared he was not going to declare his assets publicly.

Can we stop bitching around and discuss this issue holistically. Lets even assume the so called group has any meaningful contribution.

While your all ignorantly bashing GEJ cos he broke no law, can we now safely apply the the same tar used on GEJ on Other Public officials.
Re: Jonathan’s Secret Assets Deny Nigeria Membership Of Global Anti-corruption Body. by tomakint: 6:20pm On Oct 05, 2013
This is one of those meaningless threads meant for the trash can, I wondered how Jonathan not declaring his asset will impede his flow of successes in governance since he assumed office in 2010 undecided now roads, power, basic amenities, electoral reforms, FDI, agricultural, financial, transportation, educational, manufactural sectors have all received major boosts and some clowns are brazenly displaying their gross ineptitude in governance here just to score some cheap points!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Secret Assets Deny Nigeria Membership Of Global Anti-corruption Body. by agbameta: 6:30pm On Oct 05, 2013
jmaine:

Jamiu, setting good example as the president of Nigeria and as the chief law enforcement officer of the federal republic of Nigeria goes a long way especially from a clueless president whose best utterance regarding corruption in Nigeria = Corruption is not our problem and it's only a figment of our imagination aka perceptions..

His actions encourages corruption from surrounding himself with crooks and convicts to pardoning convicted criminals and fugitives.

He controls the efcc, but the efcc under GEJ is just a waste basket sucking away taxpayers money with nothign to show for it, but we still have corruption raging and public funds despairing everyday unabated..

The man himself is mentally corrupt and his body language too remains corrupt and his administration is the most corrupt in the history of Nigeria.

This latest news is another major indictment..

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Secret Assets Deny Nigeria Membership Of Global Anti-corruption Body. by Ngwakwe: 6:33pm On Oct 05, 2013
They have vacated the thread sharply because I exposed their lies by posting GEJ assets declaration in 2007.

tomakint: This is one of those meaningless threads meant for the trash can, I wondered how Jonathan not declaring his asset will impede his flow of successes in governance since he assumed office in 2010 undecided now roads, power, basic amenities, electoral reforms, FDI, agricultural, financial, transportation, educational, manufactural sectors have all received major boosts and some clowns are brazenly displaying their gross ineptitude in governance here just to score some cheap points!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Secret Assets Deny Nigeria Membership Of Global Anti-corruption Body. by Nobody: 6:35pm On Oct 05, 2013
Our government officials cannot continue dancing around the issue of asset declaration, if we plan on joining the league of nations renowned for transparency in public affairs any time soon. Removing the veil of secrecy which covers so many touch points into government, would not only deepen our nascent democracy but also strengthen our institutions. Why any well-meaning Nigerian would consider this a problem is beyond me angry

If there is some encouragement to be drawn from the article provided by @Gbawe, it is simply that our membership of OGP is not too far off now. It is only a matter of time before those who currently bask in a state of ignorance become better enlightened about their civic responsibilities.

What is Open Government?
Open government is the governing doctrine which holds that citizens have the right to access the documents and proceedings of the government to allow for effective public oversight.[1] In its broadest construction it opposes reason of state and other considerations, which have tended to legitimize extensive state secrecy. The origins of open government arguments can be dated to the time of the European Enlightenment: to debates about the proper construction of a then nascent democratic society.

Re: Jonathan’s Secret Assets Deny Nigeria Membership Of Global Anti-corruption Body. by agbameta: 6:38pm On Oct 05, 2013
tomakint: This is one of those meaningless threads meant for the trash can, I wondered how Jonathan not declaring his asset will impede his flow of successes in governance since he assumed office in 2010 undecided now roads, power, basic amenities, electoral reform[/b]s, FDI, agricultural, financial, [b]transportation, educational, manufactural sectors have all received major boosts and some clowns are brazenly displaying their gross ineptitude in governance here just to score some cheap points!

Transportation like planes falling from the sky and killing Nigerians like chicken?

What power? the 24/7 power Nigerians are enjoying or the one from your dreams?

Agric like Nbillion for worthless and fraudulent cell phones for farmers?

Electoral reforms by the same president that rigged and refused to accept the results from ordinary NGF elections?

Education like the rotten universities and ASUU strike?

Roads like the death traps they call federal roads all over the country?

Basic amenities like what exactly?

Please keep that rubbish to yourself..
Re: Jonathan’s Secret Assets Deny Nigeria Membership Of Global Anti-corruption Body. by jmaine: 6:40pm On Oct 05, 2013
agba-Mental-Oshi:

Jamiu, setting good example as the president of Nigeria and as the chief law enforcement officer of the federal republic of Nigeria goes a long way especially from a clueless president whose best utterance regarding corruption in Nigeria = Corruption is not our problem and it's only a figment of our imagination aka perceptions..

His actions encourages corruption from surrounding himself with crooks and convicts to pardoning convicted criminals and fugitives.

He controls the efcc, but the efcc under GEJ is just a waste basket sucking away taxpayers money with nothign to show for it, but we still have corruption raging and public funds despairing everyday unabated..

The man himself is mentally corrupt and his body language too remains corrupt and his administration is the most corrupt in the history of Nigeria.

This latest news is another major indictment..

The usual nonsense from a depraved maggot.

Yes, GEJ is the sole reason why all public officials including your god decided not to declare his assets publicly.

Never knew GEJ has the capacity to influence your god to act otherwise.

You are such a worthless maggot . . .

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Secret Assets Deny Nigeria Membership Of Global Anti-corruption Body. by realchuks(m): 6:42pm On Oct 05, 2013
Pls, berem go to ur village and call ur father stupid; prodigal son.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Secret Assets Deny Nigeria Membership Of Global Anti-corruption Body. by Bigcake: 6:45pm On Oct 05, 2013

Shut up jor, u better look for a husband to marry. And stop talking as if u r the one feeding urself.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Secret Assets Deny Nigeria Membership Of Global Anti-corruption Body. by Nobody: 6:46pm On Oct 05, 2013
jmaine:

Its the usual NOISE and nothing more. If its not noise, then the NASS should amend the laws to make it mandatory for ALL public office holders to declare their assets PUBLICLY. Public declaration of assets by the president alone, apart from supplying haters with more tools for propaganda, does not in anyway help the war against corruption in the country. Except someone can explain to us how the public asset declaration by Yar Adua helped the war against corruption in Nigeria.

A law must be passed (or the existing one amended) to make it mandatory for the president, vice president, all the governors, legislators, ministers, etc to declare their assets publicly.

Although the president can sponsor executive bills to the NASS but responsibility of lawmaking rest mostly with the NASS. In fact, that is why members of the NASS earn huge salaries and allowances.
Re: Jonathan’s Secret Assets Deny Nigeria Membership Of Global Anti-corruption Body. by blacksta(m): 6:47pm On Oct 05, 2013
jmaine:

The usual nonsense from a depraved maggot.

Yes, GEJ is the sole reason why all public officials including your god decided not to declare his assets publicly.

Never knew GEJ has the capacity to influence your god to act otherwise.

What a clueless maggot . . .

Troll - no comment on topic but can abuse grin
Re: Jonathan’s Secret Assets Deny Nigeria Membership Of Global Anti-corruption Body. by Gbawe: 6:50pm On Oct 05, 2013
eGuerrilla: @Gbawe, it is simply that our membership of OGP is not too far off now. It is only a matter of time before those who currently bask in a state of ignorance become better enlightened about their civic responsibilities.

What is Open Government?

Bruv, I don't even bother responding to those sort any more on NL. They are ill-exposed, clannish, uncouth, hideously dishonest and, above all, a waste of time. I hardly read their comments let alone care to respond to it even if I started the thread.

I am all over Africa, specifically West Africa, and I see first hand what is becoming the norm, vis-a-vis leaders aspiring to adhere to best practices of governance, while we kid ourselves with an embarrassing level of backward administrative 'anomaly' now becoming extinct even in 'Banana republics' in Africa.

Alas, as you infer, we can only only rely on evolution to eventually confer on some Nigerians a greater sense of civic responsibility that overcomes frivolity, clannishness and small-mindedness. Nothing encourages leaders like GEJ, patently corrupt to begin with, to be even more brazenly perverse if not the antics we see here where ready-made excuses are bandied around for undesirable leadership conduct that would gain the unanimous condemnation of the electorate elsewhere.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Secret Assets Deny Nigeria Membership Of Global Anti-corruption Body. by jmaine: 6:50pm On Oct 05, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Its the usual NOISE and nothing more. If its not noise, then the NASS should amend the laws to make it mandatory for ALL public office holders to declare their assets PUBLICLY. Public declaration of assets by the president alone, apart from supplying haters with more tools for propaganda, does not in anyway help the war against corruption in the country. Except someone can explain to us how the public asset declaration by Yar Adua helped the war against corruption in Nigeria.

A law must be passed (or the existing one amended) to make it mandatory for the president, vice president, all the governors, legislators, ministers, etc to declare their assets publicly.

Although the president can sponsor executive bills to the NASS but responsibility of lawmaking rest mostly with the NASS. In fact, that is why members of the NASS earn huge salaries and allowances.

Exactly bruv . . . . Yar Adua who impressed the crowd was still a staunch supporter and backer of Ibori . . .

I wonder what the hullabaloo of this thread is about.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Amaechi Dares Jonathan, Says He’s Part Of Obasanjo’s Informants / David Umoru Of The "Dying APC" In Early Lead! / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.