Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,619 members, 7,951,568 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 06:33 PM

Awka: Anambra's Capital - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awka: Anambra's Capital (24933 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen In Awka Town / Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures / Bomb Scare In Awka, Anambra State According To STV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Chino72: 3:29pm On Oct 12, 2013
This is what rural road development can do to any people. This is a town called Obeledu in Anambra state. Some state has a place as this as their bubbling city but this is a rural area in Anambra. It will take people with vision to see what Obi has done which other state should borrow a leaf from.

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by FreeGlobe(f): 3:29pm On Oct 12, 2013
INNO18: Finally acknowkedging the freas air huh grin, one down. Freeglobe left!
Peter Obi has grossly underperformed. besides his roads I have used including some posted here are grossly inferior and will be redone in few years time. The only dual carriage way he did was completion of the ziks avenue road in Awka started by Ngige even with poor drainage. If you expect these few pictures to excite me, you are wasting your time. why is it difficult to source for pictures of the person they want us to believe is performing with 8 years under the belts.
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Chino72: 3:32pm On Oct 12, 2013
Afam4eva:
Read the thread title again. it says Awka. So, this thread should be about the state capital, Awka.

We are saying the same thing ok. Obi is spreading his development all over the state, so you cannot talk about Awka without talking about Anambra generally. Awka at the present has some of the physical and modern architecture in terms of structures. By the time the federal high is completed opposition will look the other way.

The only problem now facing Awka is the Onitsha-Awka-Enugu federal highway which is presently under construction. And that is the only road the opposition is using at the moment. They did the same with Headbridge and Upper Iweka, now they are weak because the areas has been transformed.
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by FreeGlobe(f): 3:34pm On Oct 12, 2013
Considering Local Government Elections were never held under Peter obi, the people shouting rural this and that should tell us if obi did not receive LG funds in 8 years. this is the height of deceit!
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by achi4u(m): 3:38pm On Oct 12, 2013
Sincerely speaking Obi did a very good job in most of the rural roads in Anambra state, atleast I travel to the state once in every 2weeks.
Though, some of this road were too narrow with no marking but at the same time the quality of job done is highly commendable.
But this thread is all about Awka the capital of almighty Anambra state which deserves
better attention with first class development but maybe because Awka lacks initial master plan which makes everywhere looks too chaotic with dangerous sharp bending.

Most houses are at the edge of the road making it impossible to initiate a solid plan to make the place more beautiful.
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Chino72: 3:44pm On Oct 12, 2013
achi4u: Sincerely speaking Obi did a very good job in most of the rural roads in Anambra state, atleast I travel to the state once in every 2weeks.
Though, some of this road were too narrow with no marking but at the same time the quality of job done is highly commendable.
But this thread is all about Awka the capital of almighty Anambra state which deserves
better attention with first class development but maybe because Awka lacks initial master plan which makes everywhere looks too chaotic with dangerous sharp bending.

Most houses are at the edge of the road making it impossible to initiate a solid plan to make the place more beautiful.

It is not true, Awka has now UN-Habitat Masterplan which gradually being implemented at the moment. I keep saying it, the only problem I have pointed is the Onitsha-Awka-Enugu federal highway which is presently under construction. Every other things are in place. There are good laid out residential areas for decent living as Udoka est, Abuja est, Iyi-Agu est, Liberation est, Ngozika est phase 1&2. etc

The city currently has bubbling hospitality industry.
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Abagworo(m): 3:59pm On Oct 12, 2013
Chino72:

If we are to compare state by state, can you compare Imo to Anambra state under these following indices of development: Education, health, industrialization, employment generation, agriculture, urban/rural development etc. Going by these factors Imo state is too minor to be compared to Anambra. Fact!

Each time Obi's failure is pointed out you try to create a State vs State.

Education Imo has been top long before Okorocha but Okorocha has still done more in 2years than Obi's life time. 120 schools is not easy.

Health is generally same at the moment but Okorocha is actually building new ones and he still has 6 years more to complete them.

Agriculture. Under Okorocha, Imo is now one of the major producers of rice and Cocoa in Nigeria. He did it in 2 years and still has 6 more years to add more.

In rural/urban development, Orlu is today developing faster than Awka even though it was a semi-urban 2 years ago. Several rural roads have been aompleted and several under construction with 6 more years left.

On employment generation, agriculture is the highest employer of labour and with the growth of agriculture and introduction of youths must work program employment of hundreds of thousands have been generated.

On industrialization, he's building to improve on the tourism and hospitality industry which Imo is already one of the leading States in Nigeria. 6 more years are left to improve in other sectors of industry. He has discussed with 20,000 shoe manufaturers in Aba for possible expansion to a more condusive place in Imo.
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Chino72: 4:00pm On Oct 12, 2013
This is what the same gov is doing in the rural area. This is Iyienu Hospital Ogidi.

How many govs has done things like this in the rural areas. That is why I said that Obi is not focusing on painting and flowering the state capital only.

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by achi4u(m): 4:01pm On Oct 12, 2013
Chino72:

It is not true, Awka has now UN-Habitat Masterplan which gradually being implemented. at the moment. I keep saying it, the only problem I have pointed is the Onitsha-Awka-Enugu federal highway which is presently under construction. Every other things are in place. There are good laid out residential areas for decent living as Udoka est, Abuja est, Iyi-Agu est, Liberation est, Ngozika est phase 1&2. etc

The city currently has bubbling hospitality industry.
Alright.
But ppl will still criticize what is on ground presently.You shouldnt blame anyone who go about describing what is on ground presently, they have their fundamental human right to do so and by doing that those in the government house will pay attention asap.
What Anambra needs now is what is going on in Enugu ...you can call it "cosmetic surgery".
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Chino72: 4:01pm On Oct 12, 2013
Abagworo:

Each time Obi's failure is pointed out you try to create a State vs State.

Education Imo has been top long before Okorocha but Okorocha has still done more in 2years than Obi's life time. 120 schools is not easy.

Health is generally same at the moment but Okorocha is actually building new ones and he still has 6 years more to complete them.

Agriculture. Under Okorocha, Imo is now one of the major producers of rice and Cocoa in Nigeria. He did it in 2 years and still has 6 more years to add more.

In rural/urban development, Orlu is today developing faster than Awka even though it was a semi-urban 2 years ago. Several rural roads have been aompleted and several under construction with 6 more years left.

On employment generation, agriculture is the highest employer of labour and with the growth of agriculture and introduction of youths must work program employment of hundreds of thousands have been generated.

On industrialization, he's building to improve on the tourism and hospitality industry which Imo is already one of the leading States in Nigeria. 6 more years are left to improve in other sectors of industry. He has discussed with 20,000 shoe manufaturers in Aba for possible expansion to a more condusive place in Imo.

Even ordinary Ekwulobia has more banks than Orlu. What is development again? And Nnewi trounces Owerre in all indices of development and equally has more banks. The last we checked no Anambra was resident in Imo state but here in Anambra, the Imolites are resident here in Onitsha in their 100s of 1000s. So what is the concept of development again?

2 Likes

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Chino72: 4:02pm On Oct 12, 2013
achi4u: Alright.
But ppl will still criticize what is on ground presently.You shouldnt blame anyone who go about describing what is on ground presently, they have their fundamental human right to do so and by doing that those in the government house will pay attention asap.
What Anambra needs now is what is going on in Enugu ...you can call it "cosmetic surgery".

That is the point. Every state needs a bit of all the things each state can offer. Like as I said earlier the only problem Awka has now is Onitsha-Awka-Enugu federal highway which as I noted is presently under reconstruction.
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Fayrouzz(m): 4:55pm On Oct 12, 2013
Awka is still very much behind Enugu and Owerre... Considering the fact that Anambra is the richest state in the east.
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by shineeye: 4:58pm On Oct 12, 2013
APGA is the structure in anambra state obiano is the password.............
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Chino72: 5:03pm On Oct 12, 2013
Fayrouzz: Awka is still very much behind Enugu and Owerre... Considering the fact that Anambra is the richest state in the east.

Its like comparing 70 years old man and 20years old man! Of which the 70year old man is being stunted with old architectural outlook.

But the rate at which Awka is developing is quite fast and appreciable. Decent estates are springing up here and there. Hospitality industry is growing so fast too with beautiful edifices adorning the landscape. Like as I said earlier once the ongoing reconstruction of the Onitsha-Awka-Enugu federal highway is completed the opposition will be weakened further just like it happened in Onitsha Headbridge.
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by ak47mann(m): 5:14pm On Oct 12, 2013
chino iyenu hospital has change dramatically peter really change the look of that hospital cool
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by ketoprofen(m): 5:41pm On Oct 12, 2013
Chino72: Can we do a side by side assessment of Obi and Chime on these areas:

-Health sector in Enugu state and Health sector in Anambra

-Anambra Teaching Hospital and Enugu Teaching hospital

-Education in Anambra and Education in Enugu state

-Employment generation in Anambra and Employment general in Enugu state

-State-wide infrastructural development in Anambra and state-wide infrastructural development in Enugu state

Lets look at development from these perspective rather than looking at few painted and flowered roads.

Lets look at development from these perspective..

Chino, I take God beg u.
Remove that comparison BTW esut teaching hospital and dat of anambra before any other thing.

Chimaroke built Esut teaching hosp, Park lane and ESUT college of medicine, a good site to behold.
The medical college rank the highest in infrastructure nationwide this year and NUC is not coming there for the next 5 years.
Its shameful though that Sullivan didn't improve the infrastructure of the hospital at all and the salary scale of the health workers. He view the Hosp as Chimaroke' s brainchild and he is not willing to do anything for the hospital.
Sullivan alone is the fourth reason resident docs went on strike nationwide..

Anambra State Teaching Hosp on the other hand looks so substandard for a teaching Hosp .
Again peter obi is paying the worst salary scale to the state health workers in d east.
However, I also know that Peter Obi did better than Sullivan in health care and education statewide.
All the health centers in anambra even in the remote villages are being maintained and are functional
As for health and education, Sullivan got that one zero.
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by bestview: 5:47pm On Oct 12, 2013
That is the point we are making. You don't judge performance on one sector only. All sectors must be under consideration if we must get the true assessment report.
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by ketoprofen(m): 5:50pm On Oct 12, 2013
achi4u: Alright.

Fact!
Anambra needs it, the money is there
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by ketoprofen(m): 5:55pm On Oct 12, 2013
Chino72:

Even ordinary Ekwulobia has more banks than Orlu. What is development again? And Nnewi trounces Owerre in all indices of development and equally has more banks. The last we checked no Anambra was resident in Imo state but here in Anambra, the Imolites are resident here in Onitsha in their 100s of 1000s. So what is the concept of development again?

Enugu capital is finer than Owerri, owerri is finer than Awka but Anambra state is the most developed state in the East.
However, this is not due to Peter Obi.
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by manny4life(m): 5:58pm On Oct 12, 2013
Lol... Cosmetic surgery? grin grin grin
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Fayrouzz(m): 6:13pm On Oct 12, 2013
Chino72:

Its like comparing 70 years old man and 20years old man! Of which the 70year old man is being stunted with old architectural outlook.

But the rate at which Awka is developing is quite fast and appreciable. Decent estates are springing up here and there. Hospitality industry is growing so fast too with beautiful edifices adorning the landscape. Like as I said earlier once the ongoing reconstruction of the Onitsha-Awka-Enugu federal highway is completed the opposition will be weakened further just like it happened in Onitsha Headbridge.
I pray it goes as planned cos wen ever I cme to awka, I really feel sad abt itz state.. I stay in enugu.
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 6:13pm On Oct 12, 2013
My concern is that the State Gov can't spend all its time building rural road with state funds. Anambra really needs a credible and functioning local gov to undertake local responsibility with the state employing a check and balance to ensure project are carried out with funds available.

Soludo would have placed a functioning local gov, that would allow him to focus on much greater economic restructuring of key cities.
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by achi4u(m): 6:55pm On Oct 12, 2013
manny4life: Lol... Cosmetic surgery? grin grin grin
Manny hapukwa m oh!cheesy

The cash is there for the surgery ...
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Chino72: 7:01pm On Oct 12, 2013
Fayrouzz: I pray it goes as planned cos wen ever I cme to awka, I really feel sad abt itz state.. I stay in enugu.

Yes, I understand your point, but it is still the same Onitsha-Awka-Enugu federal high that is the snag, of which it has been awarded and its undergoing reconstruction. Every other thing is good to go. Individual investors are doing their part by putting up beautiful edifices. The same thing was saif about Headbidge-Upper Iweka-Nkpor etc until it was transformed.
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by manny4life(m): 8:01pm On Oct 12, 2013
achi4u: Manny hapukwa m oh!cheesy

The cash is there for the surgery ...

Haha...e sikwa mu si gini? grin grin
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by ifyalways(f): 8:30pm On Oct 12, 2013
ak47mann: chino iyenu hospital has change dramatically peter really change the look of that hospital cool
Very true!
I hope they also upgraded the nursing school,used to be one of the best.
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Onlytruth(m): 8:59pm On Oct 12, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe: My concern is that the State Gov can't spend all its time building rural road with state funds. Anambra really needs a credible and functioning local gov to undertake local responsibility with the state employing a check and balance to ensure project are carried out with funds available.

Soludo would have placed a functioning local gov, that would allow him to focus on much greater economic restructuring of key cities.

Bliss4lyfe my sister, are you sure that you are not my missing twin sister? kiss grin
Your views are ALWAYS EXACTLY MINE. shocked cool
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by ak47mann(m): 10:24pm On Oct 12, 2013
ifyalways:
Very true!
I hope they also upgraded the nursing school,used to be one of the best.
the nursing school is looking like world class indeed obi really try in upgrading all these run down critical infrastructures in the state.View inside iyenu upgraded hospital cool

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Afam4eva(m): 10:26pm On Oct 12, 2013
^^^
Is that the way it looked before or now?
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by ak47mann(m): 10:28pm On Oct 12, 2013
road at the country side in anambra state
cool

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by ak47mann(m): 10:38pm On Oct 12, 2013
Afam4eva: ^^^
Is that the way it looked before or now?
bruv you dnt want to see the old hospital,if you see it you wonder how patents survive in a place like that.Obi changed everything from down to up,he pull down the old structure and rebuild it. cool
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by asha80(m): 10:47pm On Oct 12, 2013
ak47mann: bruv you dnt want to see the old hospital,if you see it you wonder how patents survive in a place like that.Obi changed everything from down to up,he pull down the old structure and rebuild it. cool
iyienu hospital is actually owned by one the church denomination...not sure if it catholic or anglican....what you are seeing here is as a result of the financial assistance(wrongly called donation) that he has been giving the churches to repair ,upgrade and furnish hospitals owned by these churches...i guess it is the same thing happening to schools both primary and secondary handed over back to their original church owners....this hosptal is in ogidi.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Buhari And Osinbajo Pictured With Presidents Of Benin, Niger, Chad / Biafra: Kanu's Lawyer Ejiofor Address The World After Ecowas Court Today(video) / Elections Under Threat As CBN Yet To Release Money To INEC, Security Agencies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.