Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,674 members, 7,921,451 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 05:13 AM

Awka: Anambra's Capital - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awka: Anambra's Capital (24841 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen In Awka Town / Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures / Bomb Scare In Awka, Anambra State According To STV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by FreeGlobe(f): 12:46pm On Oct 06, 2013
manny4life: www.nairaland.com/attachments/1345030_1381471_577803842283932_1171152931_n_jpgf2f17089fba821f76d9ca19b83e3e93d

Chino, there's really no difference between this and before, I would expect the grass to be landscaped or best scenario concrete. The building isn't really that eye catching, still looks dull though, even if it's one floor, build something decent. Nna, this one isn't development at all.

grin grin grin
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Ayekotoo(m): 12:47pm On Oct 06, 2013
o'boy:
i thought the thread was about peter obi's achievements in awka,why are there pics of people's houses there?anybody who sees these as acheivements needs to see his doctor urgently

I tire o! I don't know what kind of person is this. celebrating fifths, underdevelopment and deception in this age. gosh
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by manny4life(m): 12:48pm On Oct 06, 2013
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1345183_schoolpicture_jpg94894d4abeda1c01c0ba4f94ce0ad752

This isn't about design per say, but about the look, feel, and structure of the buildings. This one looks decent, is this a secondary school?
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by ChinoIsBack: 12:50pm On Oct 06, 2013
manny4life: www.nairaland.com/attachments/1345183_schoolpicture_jpg94894d4abeda1c01c0ba4f94ce0ad752

This isn't about design per say, but about the look, feel, and structure of the buildings. This one looks decent, is this a secondary school?

Yes this is a model college in Awka
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by FreeGlobe(f): 12:52pm On Oct 06, 2013
Chino_Is_Back: Okay, manny what do you make of this design in Awka?
Chino what is the name of this school. Stop posting private schools here. ole. Peter obi, build this kind school?
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 06, 2013
FreeGlobe:
Improve your English first undecided

Heheeheeee....see this crap.
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by FreeGlobe(f): 12:53pm On Oct 06, 2013
Chino_Is_Back:

tell us the name of the school
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by manny4life(m): 12:55pm On Oct 06, 2013
Chino_Is_Back:

Okay. In all though, Peter Obi lacks taste and foresight in building design, I hope he scored well on other areas. Besides, what kind of contractors does he use? I thought contractors submit design and then bid on the project? Are the previous bldg all they could come up with?
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by FreeGlobe(f): 12:55pm On Oct 06, 2013
ilugunboy:

Heheeheeee....see this crap.
your help is needed here
https://www.nairaland.com/1467376/south-westerners-only
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by ChinoIsBack: 12:57pm On Oct 06, 2013
manny4life:

Okay. In all though, Peter Obi lacks taste and foresight in building design, I hope he scored well on other areas. Besides, what kind of contractors does he use? I thought contractors submit design and then bid on the project? Are the previous bldg all they could come up with?

Those rural schools were renovated not built from the scratch..
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by ChinoIsBack: 1:01pm On Oct 06, 2013
FreeGlobe:
tell us the name of the school

I have to break my vows to reply you..

The school is a government model college, it was just recently completed..

Here is one of the private schools in Awka..

http://granhermano.edu.ng/about_us.php

1 Like

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Abagworo(m): 1:02pm On Oct 06, 2013
In all Peter Obi has zero success in terms of aesthetics and most of his supporters believe aesthetics is waste of money. A videotape of Awka street is highly needed because only videos can give a feel of what to experience when you visit a city. 2ndly, videos cannot be manipulated like pictures.

Ngige I believe has a taste and will likely do some basics to improve Anambra environment.

3 Likes

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Nobody: 1:02pm On Oct 06, 2013
FreeGlobe:
your help is needed here
https://www.nairaland.com/1467376/south-westerners-only

Na your Papa own NL to tell me the thread to be? undecided
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Nobody: 1:03pm On Oct 06, 2013
Vote Chris Ngige.

2 Likes

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by manny4life(m): 1:06pm On Oct 06, 2013
Chino_Is_Back:

Those rural schools were renovated not built from the scratch..

Chino you said you're an architect right? Even if it was renovated, something got to change. People who renovate buildings change components of buildings like building out pillar structures, changing the roofs, altering the floors, the drywall/wood work fixed, etc. Just because it's renovation doesn't mean things shouldn't be done right, that's the whole purpose of "renovation". For me, if I were to renovate schools like that, I will shop for designs and if renovating it is more costly, do what developers do: PULL THE ENTIRE STRUCTURE DOWN.

I forgot to add, the previous building before renovation was a free standing, old and archaic building. I would expect him to pull that structure down for a more solidly grounded foundation and put up a decent structure. It doesn't have to be five floors, but the simple picture I put up there comes to mind. Heck he could incorporate the "GREEN INITIATIVE" into these buildings. grin grin grin
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by FreeGlobe(f): 1:09pm On Oct 06, 2013
Chino_Is_Back:

you still have not replied me, you must be running on overdrive. grin grin

please tell us the name of the school and where its located. Lets confirm the owner. it shouldn't be a hard thing to do.
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by ChinoIsBack: 1:10pm On Oct 06, 2013
manny4life:

Chino you said you're an architect right? Even if it was renovated, something got to change. People who renovate buildings change components of buildings like building out pillar structures, changing the roofs, altering the floors, the drywall/wood work fixed, etc. Just because it's renovation doesn't mean things shouldn't be done right, that's the whole purpose of "renovation". For me, if I were to renovate schools like that, I will shop for designs and if renovating it is more costly, do what developers do: PULL THE ENTIRE STRUCTURE DOWN.

Take another look at the picture and tell if the major components as windows, roof etc were not changed. This is a dilapidated school in far away Otuocha River side..

If all the rural schools takes this shape, wouldn't it be better than the usual shabby?

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by manny4life(m): 1:13pm On Oct 06, 2013
Chino_Is_Back:

Take another look at the picture and tell if the major components as windows, roof etc were not changed. This is a dilapidated school i far away Anam River side..

If all the rural schools takes this shape, wouldn't it be better than the usual shabby?

Bros I haven't said that these things didn't happen, what I'm saying is, WE WANT MORE. cool cool cool
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by ChimaAdeoye: 1:14pm On Oct 06, 2013
Chino_Is_Back:

Chino,
thank you for the beautiful pictures.
Please don't be deterred by bad belle people posting crap,when they have been unable to deliver nothing.

Dat Ogun boy ilogun-boy should open a thread on Abeokuta,so that we can also "see" the beautiful things happening there, instead of coming here to spew crap. Which really doesn't change the fact that Anambra people already know that Ngige is being sneaked into their land by the ilk of El-rufai and Tinubu in order to wreck disaster from the inside.

As my uncle always says, "result ga kpo onwe ya" grin
Ngige should go and get more Okija juju because he'll be needing a lot of it to pull the wool over people's eyes about who his new godfathers are.

3 Likes

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 06, 2013
LMAO at the so called achievements of ADAPETER on this thread...

If level of achievement is what qualifies an outgoing governor to endorse a successor....Obi is not even fit to nominate an LG councillor.

Pathetic...!
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by ChinoIsBack: 1:17pm On Oct 06, 2013
ilugunboy: LMAO at the so called achievements of ADAPETER on this thread...

If level of achievement is what qualifies an outgoing governor to endorse a successor....Obi is not even fit to nominate an LG councillor.

Pathetic...!

The fact that your state is infested with poverty, under development filled with ocean of mud houses and rusted zincs in the state capital is enough to bother you. grin grin

@ The topic, we are just entertaining you with pictures from just one of the cities in Anambra.

3 Likes

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by ChinoIsBack: 1:21pm On Oct 06, 2013
manny4life:

Bros I haven't said that these things didn't happen, what I'm saying is, WE WANT MORE. cool cool cool

Of course more is happening!

Remember we are just showing you one part, by the time we gather all the projects in all the corners of the state, you will announce result. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Nobody: 1:26pm On Oct 06, 2013
Chino_Is_Back:

The fact that your state is infested with poverty, under development filled with ocean of mud houses and rusted zincs in the state capital is enough to bother you. grin grin

@ The topic, we are just entertaining you with pictures from just one of the cities in Anambra.

LMAO.....

Tell me when you wake up from your self induced delusion.

Abeg...give us more pix and not these over-circulated rubbish your keep regurgitating anytime Anambra comes up under the spotlight. tongue
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by ChinoIsBack: 1:30pm On Oct 06, 2013
ilugunboy:

LMAO.....

Tell me when you wake up from your self induced delusion.

Abeg...give us more pix and not these over-circulated rubbish your keep regurgitating anytime Anambra comes up under the spotlight. tongue

Go bring your champion eko ile who is from Lagos state at least I can manage that. I can't imagine myself talking and measuring d1ck with someone from the mud house and rusted zinc infested Oshogbo, ibadan, Eketi, abeokuta etc grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 06, 2013
Chino_Is_Back:

Go bring your champion eko ile who is from Lagos state at least I can manage that. I can't imagine myself talking and measuring d1ck with someone from the mud house and rusted zinc infested Oshogbo, ibadan, Eketi, abeokuta etc grin grin

Check this out....maybe this will knock some wake up sense into you....

http://www.wief.net/ukeeyesore.htm

If your governor can manage to remedy that....I will give him a thumb up....and not you coming here to shamelessly celebrate this mediocrity.
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by manny4life(m): 1:43pm On Oct 06, 2013
ilugunboy:

Check this out....maybe this will knock some wake up sense into you....

http://www.wief.net/ukeeyesore.htm

If your governor can manage to remedy that....I will give him a thumb up....and not you coming here to shamelessly celebrate this mediocrity.

As much as Peter Obi IMO needs to do more, erosion is a natural disaster though with minimal damage, just like SW is to flooding. Every region has their ills, flooding doesn't happen everywhere in Lagos, so you saying for Obi to manage erosion that occurs EVERYWHERE is not being just to yourself.
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 06, 2013
Chino_Is_Back:

Can you imagine that this where you come from? grin grin grin grin

You do not have moral justification to talk where we are talking.. grin grin

Lmao....it's easier to compare old with new....

I don't want to derail this thread for you....but that can easily be done. I will advise you to strictly limit yourself to Anambra. cheesy
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by ChinoIsBack: 1:46pm On Oct 06, 2013
Illugun are you there? I have bucket of pictures from the slum called yeroba state capitals.. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 06, 2013
Now we need to derail this....just a moment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Sad, We’ve Lost Brave Men,’ Buhari Grieves Over Soldiers Killed In Niger / Presidency Reaches Out To Amaechi, Nyako, Others / Ambode: "I Am More Igbo Than Any Other Person"

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.