Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,798 members, 7,935,414 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 09:03 AM

National Conference: Obong Of Calabar Hails President Jonathan. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Conference: Obong Of Calabar Hails President Jonathan. (507 Views)

Economy Status: Bayelsa Governor Hails President Buhari / CramJones hails President GEJ..Vote for him- CramJones / Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

National Conference: Obong Of Calabar Hails President Jonathan. by DankemzI(m): 3:45am On Oct 06, 2013
National Conference: Obong Of Calabar Hails Jonathan, Says Transformation Agenda is Fallacy

Obong of Calabar, Edidem Ekpo Okon Abasi Otu V
The Obong of Calabar, Edidem Ekpo Okon Abasi Otu V has added his voice to support President Jonathan for announcing his government’s willingness to call a national dialogue which the President announce on Independence Day.
Speaking with newsmen in his palace, the monarch said there are no two ways of moving this country forward other than coming together to dialogue on the way forward to develop the country.
He said the coming together of Nigeria, a process which started in Calabar was an accidental and forced marriage by the colonial rulers, stressing that there was no time the people came together and agreed on the country called ‘Nigeria’.
The Efik Monarch said “what the President has done is what many Nigerians including some of us the traditional rulers have been calling for, for a long time. I welcome it on-behalf of my subjects and I pray that something good come out of it that will make Nigeria a better place for us all.
The Obong however counseled the President to forget about his transformation agenda theory and focus on power generation and distribution explaining that if the President can solve the power challenge alone and avail the country of 24 hours electricity supply, that will be the common man’s full transformation agenda and not paper work on newspapers and television.
“I’m sorry to say this but I have to say it because at this level, I don’t have to pretend again. My subjects are complaining just as Nigerians are complaining.
“We are tired of agenda this, agenda that, all the agendas are fallacy and deceit and the ordinary man on the street does not believe on that.
“The only agenda Nigerians are asking for at 53 years of nationhood is good governance that will translate to development and let that development start from power. Electricity is very key to development both in the towns and cities as well as villages.” he said.
He said Calabar has not been given its befitting status despite the contribution of the city to the political development of Nigeria.
“Let there be an even development in Nigeria no matter how far or close the person or villages are close to the seat of power”

http://crossriverwatch.com/
http://crossriverwatch.com%2F2013%2F10%2Fnational-conference-obong-of-calabar-hail-jonathan-says-transformation-agenda-is-fallacy%2F&h=4AQGVA1Mp&enc=AZNwYljuNCLxyYA_M1BcpAOROxmDhHnR5-TaGAOd3UfYfL9aKMpAXOt5d3nB7jL-K79Z51YG81CqKiE53xDvyyZnaZTUspCJKi7byAEwbZAabGv2967jSVpxQKl7v1h8gL6c0NVKDYZ68rOd8Y9hC_Er&s=1

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Holds Street Rallies In Onitsha And Awka. / Dr. Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah / ASUU(empolyee) & Govt.(employer) Who Should Determine The Condition Of Service?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.