Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,981 members, 7,873,159 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:58 AM

Boko Haram And Islam! - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Boko Haram And Islam! (727 Views)

Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam / A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective / Muslims Against Terror Offers $10,000 For Info On Boko Haram and Its Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram And Islam! by alvin000(m): 6:34pm On Oct 06, 2013
BOKO HARAM vs ISLAM!

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

ISLAM: There is no compulsion in religion.
BOKO HARAM: Everyone must adhere to our ways else…

ISLAM: Love all and be just to all regardless of religion.

BOKO HARAM: If you are not with us you are against us.

ISLAM: Prophet Muhammad lived with peaceful Christians and Jews
as his neighbors

BOKO HARAM: All non-Muslims must leave the North.

ISLAM: You are only permitted toprotect yourselves when you are
attacked first. And you should retaliate justly but if u leave
everything to Allah it is better for you.

BOKO HARAM: We attack all who stand in our way

ISLAM: A Muslim is one whom other Muslims are safe from his
tongue and hands.

BOKO HARAM: We do not care your religion. Muslim or Christian we
will crush any who stands in our way.

ISLAM: Innocent Killing is a great sin. Allah has ordered us not to do
it! No human being has the right to take life.

BOKO HARAM: Allah will understand. He will not punish us.

ISLAM: When there is a war, Women and children must not be
touched. Talk less of when there is no war.

BOKO HARAM: We kill men, women and children.

ISLAM: When there is a war, all non-Muslims that run into their
places of worship or their homes will not be harmed. Talk less of
when there is no war.

BOKO HARAM: We bomb non-Muslims in their places of
worship. We also bomb Muslim in their places of worship and
homes if we feel they are a threat to us.

The above are just a few reasons to make our non-Muslim brothers
and sisters understand that BOKO HARAM is more of a political than
a religious driven group. They do not represent Islam. Rather, they
are acting contrary to it in most cases.

THIS IS INDEED AN EYE OPENER FOR THOSE WHO SEEK TRUTH! WE MUST
WORK TOGETHER, REGARDLESS OF TRIBE AND RELIGION IF WE WISH
TO PROVIDE A BETTER TOMORROW FOR ALL.

I dream of Nigeria that is in peace with itself.

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram And Islam! by ummsulaym(f): 12:44pm On Oct 07, 2013
more grease bro... In totality, bokoharam is a combination of xtianity, islamic and other religion and of hausa, igbo, yoruba and other tribes from all angles... Not only christians has been their victims but muslims and non-muslims alike...

It baffles me why BOKOHARAM is seen a s an islamic sect simply because some of its members tend to understand arabic and sometimes quote from Qur'an but arabic language and Qur'an is not a harculean task for anyone outside islam to learn even though 'not understood'...

LONG LIVE THE MUSLIM UMMAH!!!

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram And Islam! by RayMcBlue(m): 1:09pm On Oct 07, 2013
Al Shabaab, PPK, Al Queda, Hamas, Hezbollah, are not Islamic too, right?

Silly Muslims...
Re: Boko Haram And Islam! by ummsulaym(f): 1:33pm On Oct 07, 2013
Ray McBlue: Al Shabaab, PPK, Al Queda, Hamas, Hezbollah, are not Islamic too, right?

Silly Muslims...

am a muslim but in nigeria and those sect aren't in Nigeria and for reason while the fight, they know...
Mr man, thanks for the compliment 'silly', i believe that shows how truly 'christ-like' you are... Incase you think you are better off than the groups u listed above, read your comment over again and u will know u are worse than them... Besides, i dnt know what business u've got with d groups u mentioned above...

If i want to reply to ur comment duely, i will be so 'insultive' but wont it be hypocritical on ma side when i have christians as families and friends off nairaland yet, i dnt insult them for being christians but would have insulted them on nairaland?

If i ask you to tell me what u know about each of the groups u mentioned and reason behind their origination, am sure u wont be able to do so... Judge not that u may not be judged...

So much to type but for peace sake, just be peaceful cuz that's what it takes for the world to be @ peace... Just an advice

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram And Islam! by usermane(m): 1:42pm On Oct 07, 2013
Here we go again. I hope the moderators don't move this thread and i don't offend anyone. The boko haram killings have got worse so far,even more gruesome than the past as they now prefer to slaughter than shoot the helpless victims. They 've attacked even schools slaughtering students. OH MY LORD, I SEEK REFUGE IN YOU FROM THE WICKED.
The Sharia these people claim they want have nothing to do with any of the scriptures of GOD.
42:21 Or have they partners who has instituted for them a religion which GOD has not ordained...... And verily,for the polytheist and wrongdoers is a painful torment.
Who will believe they are not true muslims, from their dressing,their eloquence in Qur'an and arabic, their loud chanting of 'Allahu akbar' as their killings are done, their continous quoting quranic verses and hadith to justify their mission. To the boko haram you either support them or you are a disbeliever( no such thing as i am a muslim but i don't support boko haram), u r either for them or against them,no middle path. In the end lies the sad fact that the boko haram is borne out of Muslims deserting the WORD OF GOD, for other teachings as 25 : 30 quotes and will only be terminated if they return to Final Scripture of God.
25:30 And the Messenger will say; O my Lord! Verily, my people have deserted this Qur'an.
Re: Boko Haram And Islam! by RayMcBlue(m): 2:19pm On Oct 07, 2013
ummsulaym:

Mr man, thanks for the compliment 'silly', i believe that shows how truly 'christ-like' you are...

Listen, you bloody terrorist, I'm not a Christian. Stop with this foolish Islamic misconception of tagging anybody that opposes your blood-letting religion as Christian, it's getting old.
Re: Boko Haram And Islam! by ummsulaym(f): 3:34pm On Oct 07, 2013
Ray McBlue:

Listen, you bloody terrorist, I'm not a Christian. Stop with this foolish Islamic misconception of tagging anybody that opposes your blood-letting religion as Christian, it's getting old.

terrorist? That's not bugging me and i dnt know why... Whatever religion u belong to, even if it's a 'no' religion, i believe u've gat conscience that should vie for peace and respect people's choice of religion... I've no issues with you @ all cuz am not on nairaland for dat but to learn and share...
Belonging to NO religion shouldn't make u a 'NO' heart or 'NO' conscience person... I laugh in vernacular!!!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram And Islam! by ummsulaym(f): 3:41pm On Oct 07, 2013
usermane: Here we go again. I hope the moderators don't move this thread and i don't offend anyone. The boko haram killings have got worse so far,even more gruesome than the past as they now prefer to slaughter than shoot the helpless victims. They 've attacked even schools slaughtering students. OH MY LORD, I SEEK REFUGE IN YOU FROM THE WICKED.
The Sharia these people claim they want have nothing to do with any of the scriptures of GOD.
42:21 Or have they partners who has instituted for them a religion which GOD has not ordained...... And verily,for the polytheist and wrongdoers is a painful torment.
Who will believe they are not true muslims, from their dressing,their eloquence in Qur'an and arabic, their loud chanting of 'Allahu akbar' as their killings are done, their continous quoting quranic verses and hadith to justify their mission. To the boko haram you either support them or you are a disbeliever( no such thing as i am a muslim but i don't support boko haram), u r either for them or against them,no middle path. In the end lies the sad fact that the boko haram is borne out of Muslims deserting the WORD OF GOD, for other teachings as 25 : 30 quotes and will only be terminated if they return to Final Scripture of God.
25:30 And the Messenger will say; O my Lord! Verily, my people have deserted this Qur'an.

No sane muslim will support boko haram doings... What do i care when i know that surely, they will be brought to account for all the innocent blood shed on judgement day... Islam forbids innocent and unjust killings and that's what i learnt from my Qur'an and hadith... Well, people can believe otherwise but as for me and my family, it's a 'NO' to BOKOHARAM!!!

Talking of muslims in general, we should indeed follow qur'an and hadith effectively but as for true believers, #Allah knows

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram And Islam! by ummsulaym(f): 4:51pm On Oct 07, 2013
more grease bro... In totality, bokoharam is a combination of xtianity, islamic and other religion and of hausa, igbo, yoruba and other tribes from all angles... Not only christians has been their victims but muslims and non-muslims alike...

It baffles me why BOKOHARAM is seen a s an islamic sect simply because some of its members tend to understand arabic and sometimes quote from Qur'an but arabic language and Qur'an is not a harculean task for anyone outside islam to learn even though 'not understood'...

Re: Boko Haram And Islam! by usermane(m): 5:36pm On Oct 07, 2013
ummsulaym:

No sane muslim will support boko haram doings... What do i care when i know that surely, they will be brought to account for all the innocent blood shed on judgement day... Islam forbids innocent and unjust killings and that's what i learnt from my Qur'an and hadith... Well, people can believe otherwise but as for me and my family, it's a 'NO' to BOKOHARAM!!!
Ok wait, let us look closely. I had a cousin back in 2008/2009 who lived with a community of muslims in maiduguri. He told me they keep their trouser length far above their ankles,keep full beards, observe abaya or niqab strictly, learn arabic, memorise qur'an through the nights, observe their salat promptly, i mean promptly, their interaction with opposite sex is minimum to nothing. I used to b impressed with such kind of muhammedan attitude,but that 's the old me. These are the kind of muslims we praise today, the kind of muslims we ask our children to imitate and learn from. They had their own set of beliefs and western education, they despised a lot hence their name- 'boko haram'. My cousin mentioned that this very community organised a murderous rampage one morning after their Fajr prayer. Their motive - The constitution of Nigeria is unislamic and no true muslim should accept it, hence sharia must be established at any cost. And that was the start of Boko haram.

Think what u want, boko haram is born out of the failures of muslims in general, it doesnt matter what any imam or sheikh says. The non muslims oppressed by boko haram retaliate on muslims whether they(muslims) share the same view with boko haram or not.
Boko haram started with targeting security forces and goverment agents,then christians,then random people,then muslims and now students.
And regarding what you have learnt of the hadith, i could bet you ain't seen anything yet.
Re: Boko Haram And Islam! by usermane(m): 5:38pm On Oct 07, 2013
ummsulaym:

Ok wait, let us look closely. I had a cousin back in 2008/2009 who lived with a community of muslims in maiduguri. He told me they keep their trouser length far above their ankles,keep full beards, observe abaya or niqab strictly, learn arabic, memorise qur'an through the nights, observe their salat promptly, i mean promptly, their interaction with opposite sex is minimum to nothing. I used to b impressed with such kind of muhammedan attitude,but that 's the old me. These are the kind of muslims we praise today, the kind of muslims we ask our children to imitate and learn from. They had their own set of beliefs and western education, they despised a lot hence their name- 'boko haram'. My cousin mentioned that this very community organised a murderous rampage one morning after their Fajr prayer. Their motive - The constitution of Nigeria is unislamic and no true muslim should accept it, hence sharia must be established at any cost. And that was the start of Boko haram.

Think what u want, boko haram is born out of the failures of muslims in general, it doesnt matter what any imam or sheikh says. The non muslims oppressed by boko haram retaliate on muslims whether they(muslims) share the same view with boko haram or not.
Boko haram started with targeting security forces and goverment agents,then christians,then random people,then muslims and now students.
And regarding what you have learnt of the hadith, i could bet you ain't seen anything yet. No offence is intended please.
Re: Boko Haram And Islam! by ummsulaym(f): 5:52pm On Oct 07, 2013
@usermane,
I don't understand your last comment at all... U even quoted my comment... I don't support Nigeria's constitution either and ofcuz, the way u described the male islamic dress code is indeed the way a muslim is supposed to be dressed... I don't really get your message but regardless of my disapproval for nigeria's constitution, i dnt see how that calls for killing or terming western education as a sin... Nigeria is not an islamic country, bearing that in mind, i endure their constitution...
Will appreciate if u make me understand the last comment though...
Re: Boko Haram And Islam! by usermane(m): 6:33pm On Oct 07, 2013
ummsulaym: @usermane,
I don't understand your last comment at all... U even quoted my comment... I don't support Nigeria's constitution either and ofcuz, the way u described the male islamic dress code is indeed the way a muslim is supposed to be dressed... I don't really get your message but regardless of my disapproval for nigeria's constitution, i dnt see how that calls for killing or terming western education as a sin... Nigeria is not an islamic country, bearing that in mind, i endure their constitution...
Will appreciate if u make me understand the last comment though...

Ok, u said u don't know why boko haram are refered to as an islamic sect. Well i can tell u but it might hurt to hear it. Their true name is Jama at ahli sunnati liddah wati wal jihad( The people dedicated to prophetic sunnah and jihad ), pardon me for transliteration error though. U know the ahlul sunnah or sunni sect that make up 75% of muslims worldwide, well then boko haram is a subsect under it. And i would have loved to make myself clearer but there isn't enough freedom for speech in this forum, especially in this section, even though i don't mean any harm.
However, food for thought. You believe in quran and sunnah, and these boko haram also believe in quran and sunnah, then why the killings done in the namd of jihad by this radical sect in the name of God.
Re: Boko Haram And Islam! by ummsulaym(f): 3:03pm On Oct 08, 2013
@usermane,
Judging by ur first comment, i tot u were a muslim but subsequent comment says otherwise... No hard feelings pls...

Well, am a follower of Qur'an and Sunnah and i believe in jihad too... Guess everyone understands what he/she learns differently... Guess my understanding is just being different from theirs...

Will unfollow this thread after this comment... Feel it's approprate i let u know incase i wont reply again.... Nyc meeting u though.... Peace!!!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram And Islam! by adepojuot: 5:42pm On Oct 08, 2013
Quran...Muhammad's Own Words: Qur'an:9:88 "The Messenger and those who believe with him, strive hard and fight with their wealth and lives in Allah's Cause." Qur'an:9:5 "Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war." Qur'an:9:112 "The Believers fight in Allah's Cause, they slay and are slain, kill and are killed." Qur'an:9:29 "Fight those who do not believe until they all surrender, paying the protective tax in submission." Ishaq:325 "Muslims, fight in Allah's Cause. Stand firm and you will prosper. Help the Prophet, obey him, give him your allegiance, and your religion will be victorious." Qur'an:8:39 "Fight them until all opposition ends and all submit to Allah." Qur'an:8:39 "So fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief [non-Muslims]) and all submit to the religion of Allah alone (in the whole world)." What a
religion...Islam is indeed religion of peace
Re: Boko Haram And Islam! by usermane(m): 4:35pm On Oct 09, 2013
Adepojuot, the verses you have here have been quoted out of context, as those verses were revealed during war. It doesn't mean, "go ahead and kill non muslims wether they attack you or not". Please be corrected.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram And Islam! by ummsulaym(f): 4:43pm On Oct 09, 2013
adepojuot:
Quran...Muhammad's Own Words: Qur'an:9:88 "The Messenger and those who believe with him, strive hard and fight with their wealth and lives in Allah's Cause." Qur'an:9:5 "Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war." Qur'an:9:112 "The Believers fight in Allah's Cause, they slay and are slain, kill and are killed." Qur'an:9:29 "Fight those who do not believe until they all surrender, paying the protective tax in submission." Ishaq:325 "Muslims, fight in Allah's Cause. Stand firm and you will prosper. Help the Prophet, obey him, give him your allegiance, and your religion will be victorious." Qur'an:8:39 "Fight them until all opposition ends and all submit to Allah." Qur'an:8:39 "So fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief [non-Muslims]) and all submit to the religion of Allah alone (in the whole world)." What a

back again...
Nice quotes from the Qur'an... If you know this much, u should also be able to tell us the reason why those verses where revealed for no part of the Qur'an was revealed out of relation to the situation as at the time of its revelation... If u do not reply with the situation or occasion for which they were revealed, then you are ignorant than i thought *no hard feelings please* just want to be sure u understand what you quoted... ***Waiting***
Re: Boko Haram And Islam! by usermane(m): 4:53pm On Oct 09, 2013
ummsulaym: @usermane,
Judging by ur first comment, i tot u were a muslim but subsequent comment says otherwise... No hard feelings pls...

Well, am a follower of Qur'an and Sunnah and i believe in jihad too... Guess everyone understands what he/she learns differently... Guess my understanding is just being different from theirs...

Will unfollow this thread after this comment... Feel it's approprate i let u know incase i wont reply again.... Nyc meeting u though.... Peace!!!

Peace. I didn't intend to provoke u, infact i think u misunderstood me. But it is obvious i didn't insult you, neither have i been a jerk so far. I didn't expect u responding to my last post. And my question in that post was a RHETORICAL ONE. But quite on the contrary u percieved it as if i were pestering you, to the point of unfollowing the thread.
Lastly, sometimes i call myself a muslim, sometimes i don't. The word Muslim is a multi meaning word in the society we live in today. However one fact definitely, is that i believe in GOD, the Qur'an and what were sent down before it.
Good day!
Re: Boko Haram And Islam! by ummsulaym(f): 5:33pm On Oct 09, 2013
usermane:

Peace. I didn't intend to provoke u, infact i think u misunderstood me. But it is obvious i didn't insult you, neither have i been a jerk so far. I didn't expect u responding to my last post. And my question in that post was a RHETORICAL ONE. But quite on the contrary u percieved it as if i were pestering you, to the point of unfollowing the thread.
Lastly, sometimes i call myself a muslim, sometimes i don't. The word Muslim is a multi meaning word in the society we live in today. However one fact definitely, is that i believe in GOD, the Qur'an and what were sent down before it.
Good day!

*speechless* cuz *every thought not true*

usermane, wanting to unfollow the thread has nothing to do with u or ur comments... We may have differences in what we believe but my mum told me that any one who believes in One God and what He sent in the Qur'an is my brother... I dont allow sectarianism to come between me and my brothers cuz no matter de differences in belief, our believe in the *shahada* is same... Am sorry if u misunderstood me... Really, I am

But just hope you aren't a quraniya sha? For akhira sakes, I hope you are not
Re: Boko Haram And Islam! by DeMaze: 9:14pm On Oct 09, 2013
ummsulaym: more grease bro... In totality, bokoharam is a combination of xtianity, islamic and other religion and of hausa, igbo, yoruba and other tribes from all angles... Not only christians has been their victims but muslims and non-muslims alike...

Their minds have been made dull.....
Re: Boko Haram And Islam! by Yankelaptops: 9:56pm On Oct 09, 2013
Every religion have people that don't follow the principles of their Books but it seems that some people just hate Islam. We have Catholic priests that supposed to be the leaders of a church molesting children. There were huge cover ups all the way to Rome. Did muslims mock Xtians because of that. I didnt see mass protest against the Pope. In Sri Lanka, where a conservative, pro-Buddhist government reigns, Buddhist nationalist groups are operating with apparent impunity, looting Muslim and Christian establishments and calling for restrictions to be placed on the 9% of the country that is Muslim

Read more: http://world.time.com/2013/06/20/extremist-buddhist-monks-fight-oppression-with-violence/#ixzz2hGB61CIF. No body complains about that. But If it were certain muslim not following the principle of their Books, then its "Islam" and not the followers.

The poster of this article is trying to provide the right vs wrong. And still people are not thinking deep. Yes you hate Islam. And yes you hate the killing. But dont derail a postive write up that is meant to shed light to others. They'll complaining, muslims are not speaking up against extremist. When muslims speak up, they'll derail and condemn the write.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram And Islam! by Deen4me(m): 9:44am On Oct 10, 2013
adepojuot:

For those who love to quote the Quran out of context, kindly watch the video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvM6i1aJz0s

Its gives a concise explanation of the verse "Kill them where you find them verse"

And kill them wherever you overtake them and expel them from wherever they have expelled you,
and fitnah is worse than killing. And do not fight them at al-Masjid al- Haram until they fight you there.
But if they fight you, then kill them. Such is the recompense of the disbelievers.

And if they cease, then indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.

Q 2:191-192

This verse addresses those that come to the Quran with bad intention and not for good guidance , you will find what ye seek, as explained in the verse below

" .......He misleads many (by the Quran) thereby and guides many (by the Quran) thereby. And He misleads not except the defiantly disobedient (those with corruption in their hearts)"

Quran 2:26

And Allah Knows best.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram And Islam! by Samboot(m): 11:51pm On Oct 10, 2013
U can all keep ranting, all I know is this world would have been a better place if there had bin no islamic religion..
Re: Boko Haram And Islam! by ummsulaym(f): 3:49am On Oct 11, 2013
Samboot: U can all keep ranting, all I know is this world would have been a better place if there had bin no islamic religion..

The irony!
Re: Boko Haram And Islam! by tunshe: 4:13am On Oct 11, 2013
Samboot: U can all keep ranting, all I know is this world would have been a better place if there had bin no islamic religion..

If you need enlightenment, state reasons why you think so and you will get fruitful clarification.

Otherwise, I will take your comment as that of "programmed" human.

(1) (Reply)

"As A Muslim, I Condemn Ebola." Reddit Muslims Make Fun Of Common Reactions / Usooluth Thalathaa – The 3 Fundamental Matters – Shaykul Islam Ibn Abdulwahhab / Islam Is The Only Religion Which Got It's Name Directly From God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.