Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,349 members, 7,881,289 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:56 PM

I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop (15351 Views)

Demon Is Occupying Enugu Government House – Archbishop Chukwuma / Buhari & Other APC Leaders With Archbishop Of Owerri (Photo) / Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by bigtt76(f): 4:54pm On Oct 07, 2013
In as much as we all don't support the ASUU action but then the Archbishop should look at the infrastructures in these schools and know that even if ASUU call off the strike, the universities are no longer habitable period. Abi na until the churches become inhabitable too?
Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 07, 2013
Yoshi-Master:

Was her speeches that worse?
hahaha bros e be like say you sef dey fall graduates dem hand
Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by princesschloe: 5:09pm On Oct 07, 2013
ASUU is not seeking for sympathy either. so the feeling is mutual!
Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by dailywealth1967: 5:22pm On Oct 07, 2013
Archbishop, who cares about ur stupid sympathy.Instead of telling FG the truth,you are talking of sympathy.
Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by otokx(m): 5:58pm On Oct 07, 2013
The Archbishop may have lost touch with reality which is quite sad.
Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by Pataki: 6:50pm On Oct 07, 2013
Analyst42:

Your level of poor upbringing is evident. When the Catholic Archbishops criticise the govt, its applauded by people like u, but when its otherwise pple talk this way. I am not the type that insults the clergy, else I did say "Your IMAM IS A FOOL".

Eediotic goat. I am not even a muslim. Oya, rewind and look for a better insult to throw at me! Anuofia!
Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by Ayed44: 6:55pm On Oct 07, 2013
bigtt76: In as much as we all don't support the ASUU action but then the Archbishop should look at the infrastructures in these schools and know that even if ASUU call off the strike, the universities are no longer habitable period. Abi na until the churches become inhabitable too?
No reasonable person is hapi what d state of infrastructure in our universities but rather than prolonged strike, ASUU should device another means of agitation at least 4 d sake of d students they claim to be fighting for.

1 Like

Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by Pataki: 6:59pm On Oct 07, 2013
babyhrt: dis pataki of a guy u can neva b pataki in life oo.I hav been folowing ur posts in dis forum.u r S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴͡ abusive n result to name callin at evry given chance not considering d age or position of ur victims.I hav com to a conclusion abt u,its eida u r sufffering 4rm inferiority complex or u dnt hav elderly pple in ur lineage.

An eediot does not need to be respected. You are all blinded by the idiocy of religion. A so-called Archbishop spews utter idiocy, you are dancing azonto to his stewpeedity.

If you have elderly people in your lineage, they should have shown you how to write and reason properly. Are you a relative of the foooolish Archbishop? Why can't these so-called men of dogs speak out against a government who does not honor an agreement? I am not one who embraces stewpeedity. I speak without minding whose ox is gored.

1 Like

Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by Eminey: 7:02pm On Oct 07, 2013
AnodaIT:
Sir, abeg to disagree. You are wrong
It is the FG that allows the strike to linger.
Is it not shameful that no Nigerian University is in the top 1000 in the world and government cannot implement the Agreement they sign to upgrade our universities.

instead of pressuring ASUU , turn that attention to the FG that are spending so much to maintain themselves
I beg to say u r completely ignorant of the sensitivity that the educational sector calls for...u should blame ASUU for insensitivity...no adequate planning at all...the just striked...itz 4months now...and we'll wait till nxt year...thanks to ASUU!
Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by wesley80(m): 7:04pm On Oct 07, 2013
@Pataki, just shut up and go get help. Most people can already see you've got some serious trouble upstairs, think you're ignorant of the issues yet you direct your gutter language and respected folks just speaks volumes.
Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by Lawalemi(m): 7:16pm On Oct 07, 2013
I have equally lost sympathy for them....greedy fellows!
Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by ITbomb(m): 8:09pm On Oct 07, 2013
Eminey:

.no adequate planning at all...the just striked...itz 4months now..
Did you just say no adequate planning ?
The Agreement was sign since 2009 , a responsible govt should consider it first on its priority .
When ASUU was consulting and negotiating, u were not aware cos ur school do no have free hotspot to keep u abreast
Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by doofanc: 8:21pm On Oct 07, 2013
Pataki:

Eediotic goat. I am not even a muslim. Oya, rewind and look for a better insult to throw at me! Anuofia!

Abeg, STFU & stop irritating us. Over ten different posters pointed out that ur behaving like an eedit wit ur totally unwarranted recourse to gutter language 2 express ur diagreement wit d position of d bishop. Yet rather dan take correcton u've continued yapping exptives like a crazed baboon. nonsence
Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by doofanc: 8:30pm On Oct 07, 2013
I think d bishop is wrong here. its better the fight is concluded once and for all.

i agree seroius - but not necesarily irreparable - damage is being done 2 d school calender, but i believe its 4 a worthy cause. & Im speaking as one who has experienced d frustrations of strike - ours was close to six months during obj temure.
Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by NOLONGTIN1(m): 8:33pm On Oct 07, 2013
Pataki: What an utterly daft Archbishop.

Why not lose your eediotic sympathy for the FG that fails to honor an agreement?

What manner of evil beings continue to cloak themselves as men of gods in this country?!

This guy(Pataki) is the kind of people bringing this country down!!!!

If the Reverend had support you view(s) on ASUU strike, you would claim he is holy,good and/or an Angel.

But because he doesn't support your myopic views, you term he an evil being!!! I hope you never take any leadership position in your life, i hate to imagine you as a leader

In case you aren't aware i'm against the 'ASSU strike' (i've lost sympathy for them long before now), you are free to call me whatever you like, if you can call a Reverend names, who am I!!!!

Note: This is me fighting the urge to use derogatory words towards you, based on my resolution to never abuse anyone no matter what
Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by leofab(f): 8:47pm On Oct 07, 2013
[quote author=Pataki]What an utterly daft Archbishop.

Why not lose your eediotic sympathy for the FG that fails to honor an agreement?

What manner of evil beings continue to cloak themselves as men of gods in this country?

Yes, we have such deplorable conditions in our universities. The question is what does the Vice-chancellors of Universities do with all the fees paid by students, and rents paid by staff living in university quarters?. A breakdown of the fees show that students pay for maintenance, light, medical, sports, library, lab/audio visuals etc, lets say in a hostel the actual students supposed to stay in a room are 4. this number multiplied by hostel charge of N10,000. equals N40000, an average second generation university has at least 30,000 students. Multiply this number to the fees paid by full time students of N25,000 this equals N7500000000. This money can be used to maintain infrastructure, provide equipment in the Universities, but, this isn't the case. University management mis-management all the funds and expect government to provide money. Vice-chancellors connive with bursars to loot the system, after their tenure, they aren't probed. What happened in south south university after their riot a few years back. Each student was asked to pay N10000, from diploma, long distance, to Ph.D students. The school has a total population of over 40,000 students. Multiply that amount, it sums up to N400 million. They spent less than 10 million fixing the damage caused by students, what happened to the rest? What happened to the money? Part time students pay over N60,000 [/b]a session. Multiply that by 10000 part time students it equals [b]N600 million. The least fees a postgraduate student pays is N150000 a session. Multiply that by 3000 postgraduate students admitted, it equals N450 million. Some universities charge N15000 [/b]for P.G forms, multiply that by 3000 people who may apply it equals [b]N45million. Now, for post ume exams, a students pays N2000 for the forms, multiply that 5000 students who may apply into a university, it equals[b] N10 million[/b], there's also the sale of forms for pre-degree and part time undergraduate programmes, monies run into millions of naira each year. The question is what happens to them? Government established TETFUND, there is ETF. This establishment raises billions for tertiary universities. The truth is until corruption is checked in the system it will be hard for us to move ahead. Now ASUU wants 3trillion naira?

Be wise nor be curse oh...

1 Like

Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by NOLONGTIN1(m): 8:48pm On Oct 07, 2013
AnodaIT:
Is it not shameful that no Nigerian University is in the top 1000 in the world and government cannot implement the Agreement they sign to upgrade our universities.

instead of pressuring ASUU , turn that attention to the FG that are spending so much to maintain themselves

You honestly think its the FG stopping your schools from entering 'the top 1000' in the world? i beg to disagree!!!

The day are Lecturers(profs) stop seeing themselves as god in the classroom, that's the day you will see a difference in the ratings.

i applied for scholarship at a school in USA, the way the lecturers talked to me during the interview amazed me, they make you want to learn from them.... those are the lecturers that can eventually become my role model

Although when you consider how much you pay for tuition, you no go compare our Universities to USAs' (the thing pass 3million per yer ooooo)
...... why dem no go dey top 10

#InCaseYouDontKnow ASUU isn't fighting for you!!! they are fighting for their pockets(which isn't wrong), believe me, if they were fighting for you, they would have called off the strike!!

They just added some stuffs as disguise to gain your support but until you realise that you are the one to suffer (Lecturers go still collect their salaries, FG still they move on) you are on a long tin.

If the lecturers claim to be interested in you, they should build labs instead of halls......from their IGR

Keep supporting the Strike, but remember time is not on your side!!!!
Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by 4C2215131: 8:58pm On Oct 07, 2013
Meringe: With due respect Your Lordship sir, if this strike will revamp our educational system and stop this half bake graduates syndrome then I am in fully support of it. It is better to strike now and get things right than going on strike every year.
But my problem is that, even if u give the lectures billion dollars, they will still ask for sorting and sexually harass their female students.

I will advice the president to heed to their demand then establish a strong Enforcement Unit in the varsities to take care of any one caught sorting or harassing any female student, outright SACK.

Hear ye! Hear ye!!
Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by kasiem(m): 9:01pm On Oct 07, 2013

What manner of evil beings continue to cloak themselves as men of gods in this country?!
i think he can never get more daft than that paedophile called mohammed u worship as god, for not letting u know that everybody can air his view in any controversial issue without getting insults from im.beciles like u born with watery sperm. why didnt fashola honor his agreement with doctors in his state before sacking all of them?
Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by NOLONGTIN1(m): 9:12pm On Oct 07, 2013
touch4mony: all this time they went on strike during obj and yaradua regime how much where they given for infrastructural development,why did yaradua u signed the agreement not give them what they where demanding which of the agreement did he fullfill,govt have given 100b to start with by nxt 150b will come and this is not part of 8 .5% which is there bugetry allocation .if they collect 400 b will it reduce school fee,sexual harassment of female students,sorting etc.how can u monitor what they are doing.ASUU for me are criminals who wants to leave like politicians they can leave the classroom and go contest election.

ASUU for me are criminals who wants to leave like politicians they can leave the classroom and go contest election - touch4mony

I love that quote above, It defines ASUU......
Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by kasiem(m): 9:12pm On Oct 07, 2013
bigtt76: In as much as we all don't support the ASUU action but then the Archbishop should look at the infrastructures in these schools and know that even if ASUU call off the strike, the universities are no longer habitable period. Abi na until the churches become inhabitable too?
u want ur school to be like havard but u dont to pay fees like havard, abi? how many times ur papa don pay tax?
Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by NewsINigeria(m): 9:18pm On Oct 07, 2013
hammedkola: Too long to read, but from the topic....I have lost interest as well, now looking for a greener pasture

+

Thumbs up to MTN network, Y'all know why wink

And that was WHY you didn't finish reading it.
Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by 4C2215131: 9:20pm On Oct 07, 2013
10 over 10: well said..the ones on ground have not been maximized..truout my stay in school..there were sealed equipment dat were never touched..they only want to use dis excuse to enrich themselves..

The question you should be asking yourself is if the so called lecturer can even 'operate' the equipment. They are so dull and un-educated. Imagine a final year course been handled by a graduate assistant not always for lack of Dr(s) and Profs. but more from truancy and a lackadaisical attitude to work being exhibited by such Profs.and the like.
Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by tiwasiaife(m): 10:17pm On Oct 07, 2013
AnodaIT:

Give ASUU 700 trillion our university will remain where it is.
Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by Nobody: 11:32pm On Oct 07, 2013
gerrardomendes: wetin happen? ASUU papa die?
buhahahahaha LWKMD
Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by clint77ng: 12:36am On Oct 08, 2013

Cos of ur hatred for GEJ, u r insulting a man of God. Y not make ur own genuine comment and leave yhe archbishop alone. Well ur death is near and the devil has already gotten hold of ur soul. Cos of GEJ many will end up in hell.
Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by oluwamikkie: 1:21am On Oct 08, 2013
Buddy dogg: this nice sha.
Brother u sound so stupid! Was d nigerian universities not in d same condition when president obasanjo was ruling this country? Why didn't assu embark on such strike?
Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by pacodas: 9:25am On Oct 08, 2013
While FG & State Govt are to blame for poor infrastructure in our Universities. These Lecturers are to be blamed too, I remember those days my lecturers hardly come to school and when they do, they just read textbooks to us, they write substandard books and threaten us to buy them, they encourage sorting and laziness amongst students.
ASUU should think of other ways of raising funds; get companies and billionaires fund one project or the other in our schools. I don't see reason why universities can't generate revenue from other means. The infrastructures on ground do they maintain them? Yet they get allocations yearly and collect school fees. Lets call a spade a spade ASUU is incompetent and so is FG & State govts, they shouldn't blame anyone for their failure.

Substandard lecturers will produce substandard students irrespective of infrastructure. FG should look at sacking a whole bunch of them!
Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by Pataki: 10:33am On Oct 08, 2013
doofanc:

Abeg, STFU & stop irritating us. Over ten different posters pointed out that ur behaving like an eedit wit ur totally unwarranted recourse to gutter language 2 express ur diagreement wit d position of d bishop. Yet rather dan take correcton u've continued yapping exptives like a crazed baboon. nonsence

doofanc: I think d bishop is wrong here. its better the fight is concluded once and for all.

i agree seroius - but not necesarily irreparable - damage is being done 2 d school calender, but i believe its 4 a worthy cause. & Im speaking as one who has experienced d frustrations of strike - ours was close to six months during obj temure.

Doofus or whatever moooronic name you call yourself,

You are a university graduate who cannot write properly in English language? You are a disgrace to your country!

kasiem: i think he can never get more daft than that paedophile called mohammed u worship as god, for not letting u know that everybody can air his view in any controversial issue without getting insults from im.beciles like u born with watery sperm. why didnt fashola honor his agreement with doctors in his state before sacking all of them?
Clap for yourself, asinwin omo jatijati. Your so-called Archbishop is plainly retaaaaarded! This thread is not about Fashola. Don't play idiocy with me.

Why is the FG not honoring an agreement it signed with ASUU? Could either you or your eediotic archbishop answer for the FG?

clint77ng: Cos of ur hatred for GEJ, u r insulting a man of God. Y not make ur own genuine comment and leave yhe archbishop alone. Well ur death is near and the devil has already gotten hold of ur soul. Cos of GEJ many will end up in hell.
Sod off you ignorant gnat, if you have nothing intellectual to spew from that gutter brain of yours.
Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by beewhyfocs(m): 11:06am On Oct 08, 2013
The Ghanian dimension! I don't know whats wrong with us in Africa!

Public university admission crisis; the rich and privileged take over

The controversy surrounding admissions into public universities and other tertiary institutions this academic year has taken an interesting but depressing twist as reports reaching the Scandal indicate that it is mainly the rich and the privileged who get admitted into the public universities.

The reason is that it now cost GH¢2,000 or more on the average to secure a place in these universities. The situation is made worse in view of the large numbers of students that have qualified as against the very few places available.

About 400,000 students comprising two streams of Senior High School leavers are seeking admissions into these universities this year but there are less than a 100,000 places are available. This situation is made worse with over 50,000 protocol requests (wards of the rich and powerful) ready to be granted.

Although the Minister of Education, Prof Jane Naana Opoku-Agyemang, recently called for an immediate end to the phenomenon of protocol admissions of students to the country’s universities and second-cycle schools, the status quo remains.

Parents whose wards are not fortunate to be admitted into the main stream have to apply as Fee paying students or international students with its attendant exorbitant fees paid in foreign currencies. The academic user fee is way above the income of the average Ghanaian worker. Indeed fees in Ghana’s public universities have doubled and gone way beyond the means of most Ghanaian parents in the last four years.

While newly admitted students at UG offering Humanities are required to pay GH¢ 778.00, their counterparts who are branded Full-Fee paying students are required to pay GH¢2, 340.

Students offering Applied Sciences are also to satisfy the required fee of GH¢972.00 with their preferred Fee paying counterparts pay GH¢3,776.00.

The story is not different in the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST). While regular students who offer the Sciences are to pay GH¢730.13, Fee Paying students must mobilize GH¢7,000.00. And these fee paying are always given the first consideration.

The current trend of paying your way through and opting to be a full fee-paying student has become a necessary evil because of infrastructural deficit at the various public universities.

Indeed a cursory look at the number of students admitted so far indicates that the number has gone up marginally despite earlier assurances by government that infrastructure at the various universities would be improved to accommodate more students.

Although Government had devoted an amount of Seven Million Ghana Cedis for the construction of special projects to help make room for an expanded intake of students this year, there is very little to be seen on the various campuses.

The University of Ghana, admitted 17,000 students last year but according to our source, the premier university is maintaining the figure.

The Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology on the other hand, has increased its intake from last year’s 13,000 to 17,000.

Meanwhile, the 2013 Global Corruption Report (GCR) has revealed that corruption is impacting negatively on the education of children in many developing economies.

A statement issued by the Ghana Integrity Initiative said “corruption has undermined the reputation of the education sector in many countries. Almost one in five people worldwide paid bribes to education services last year, according to Transparency International’s 2013 Global Corruption Barometer. Ghana is not an exception.

For example, the GCR 2013 reports that 40% of Ghanaians surveyed in the Global Corruption Barometer recently had to pay a bribe. Also, on a scoring of perception of corruption of sectors, the education sector was scored 4 out of a maximum score of 5, being most corrupt. The rate of teacher absenteeism was comparatively high as 24% of teachers were reported missing classes, attributable to inadequate formal supervision and disciplinary action.”
Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by jeronimo(m): 12:05pm On Oct 08, 2013
ASUU have turned the strike into something else. They are just being greedy and self centred. Yes,our educational sector may not be at par with that of many developed countries around the world but are we as wealthy and prudent as those country? Rather than attack and try to sabotage the government, have they looked inwards and asked the school management to account for the massive income being generated through post UME form sales, PGD, levies on students and other mediums? Its only here you will find institutions that charge tuitions, plus other bogus fees to students and they will still wait for government allocations at the end of the month to pay salaries, pension and even buy diesel to fuel the school generators. I am not going to talk about the millions being allocated as research grants with no tangible results to show for it. VCs, Rectors and other senior staffs of higher institutions are busy buying houses abroad like politicians do and yet still have the moral right to push for industrial actions. Well its not their fault. The educational sector is just one of the many sectors where corruption has grown buttress roots but nobody seems to pay attention because the stakeholders there have "Prof" and "Dr" added to their name. God help Nigeria
Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by esty4real: 12:08pm On Oct 08, 2013
I think I will agree with what the bishop said, to add to this hope this so called ASUU strike when resolve will bring about a drastic change in our education sector in terms of lecturers and profs collecting bribe to give admission and to pass courses? And people who do not know what to oppose rather than refer to a man of God as so called be very careful

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Presidency, Senate To Clash Over Magu Again / Kaduna, Chinese Firm Sign Pact For New Kaduna Refinery / Multiple Bomb Attack In Maiduguri Kills 5, Wounds 13, Including University Don

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.