Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,925 members, 7,872,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:56 AM

Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: What You Should Know - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: What You Should Know (31533 Views)

New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 / New Policy On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: Big News Page / FG To Phase Out Tokunbo Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: What You Should Know by ba7man(m): 4:02pm On Oct 07, 2013
ikp4succes:

You obviously a car importer, and these will affect your business. The govt is not banning cars they just increasing the tariff to encourage local manufacturing of cars and also encourage international car manufacturers to invest in the country thereby creating jobs. If you have a better idea please come up with one..
When G.E.J improves power, security and develops a labour force that are highly skilled and still affordable, maybe they'll come.

4 Likes

Re: Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: What You Should Know by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 07, 2013
time for comprehensive car insurance, cos Grand Theft Auto is likely to be on the rise

1 Like

Re: Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: What You Should Know by nwakibie3(m): 4:13pm On Oct 07, 2013
Another Fresh air
Re: Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: What You Should Know by babyhrt(m): 4:14pm On Oct 07, 2013
[/b]
Donlittle: This will not favor the Nigerian Economy At all, 100 of thousands of naira are used to clear cars at customs or whatever they call it, mostly and usually tokunbo cars. 6 out of 10, it is the average nigerian buying these tokunbo cars, now these average nigerians will have to save money for more years before they can get the new one.
The Nigerian Government is very daft, who thinks and implement these policies?[b] This Govt has to be top 10 among the most daft government of the century.
hmmmm.God bless Gej n his leadership style.u dnt understand cos u r nt a leader.great leaders lead with vision n lead in prospective...by 2mro wen Nigeria jus like south starts producing its own brand of cars,d over all benefit to our economy will nt in any way b compared to dis outcry by a few on dis forum who cannot see byond 2day.it might b painful bt its worth it.
Re: Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: What You Should Know by saintjoel(m): 4:14pm On Oct 07, 2013
Re: Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: What You Should Know by 3kay945(m): 4:18pm On Oct 07, 2013
You see now, Jonathan don start o, if person talk now, they will say I don't have respect for the presidency undecided
Re: Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: What You Should Know by Aarenaija: 4:28pm On Oct 07, 2013
I have given up hope on Nigerian and Nigeria. Why?
In other climes, this can spark a big civil disobedience. If people can be on the street because of increase in
the price of bread in some countries, then we just too complaisant for government especially this one to rub our face in the mud.
Re: Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: What You Should Know by adimsmt: 4:46pm On Oct 07, 2013
The problem i have with this policy is this,My beloved country always no how to dish out good policies but they always lack the ideas of implementation . If they can implement this policy correctly by putting other policies that will allow people to buy this new cars . Instituting a loan programs that will allow banks in Nigeria to loan money who can afford to pay back either monthly or quarterly whatever the case maybe , believe this will encourage companies to come in and build plants in Nigeria.
Re: Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: What You Should Know by Carsonv(m): 4:48pm On Oct 07, 2013
I thought someone might still keep in perspective the economic reason for the new regulationn

The Winners as pointed out by the op would actually be winners if the govt doesn't fortify our Cotonou borders. Asides that, it's a good thing for our economy.

We already have some assemblies in the country. And for those troubled by the fact that we'll be driving cars that are still budding in technology lyk IVM, remember Japan's technology didn't just blossom. After WW2, they started making small knives called 'okapi'. Today they're making things we(Nigeria) could only wish we could make.

Let's make the sacrfice, stop importing Tokunbo cars. Buy the tear-rubber cars made in Nigeria. For those who wanna keep making money selling cars, you can go into dealership for these Made in Nigeria cars afterall that's the essence of the regulation...to create market for the MiN cars. By that the manufacturerrs will continue to improve until we start exporting cars.

It's good for us as a Nation, it's good for our economy!

NB: If you still no wan gree my advise, go import Camry 2003 model and sell it for N3Million against a MiN car salon car selling for N800k....#the numbers aint real but I'm sure you get the idea#
Re: Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: What You Should Know by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 07, 2013
ba7man: When G.E.J improves power, security and develops a labour force that are highly skilled and still affordable, maybe they'll come.

he has privatize Power supply its no longer in govt hands now. The labor force is there and most Nigerian learn fast plus our minimum wage is #18,000/month which is affordable. Security will come into place when all this youth have jobs, kidnapping will reduce, army robbery will reduce. Boko Haram is another issue, this group is driven by poverty and politics This the reason why the U.S has not really taken them serious and still reluctant to name them Terrorist group. Also the arms from the Gadafi regime is the one fueling this Boko Haram, if only we were monitoring our borders effectively.

FG right not needs to focus on practicing true federalism so states can be independent not the other way around.
Re: Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: What You Should Know by olate: 4:52pm On Oct 07, 2013
grin grin ;Dplans have been made by the FG to have cheap locally manufactured cars by some chinese companies. Expect some brands like TECNO SUV, chushi gti.... Them go cheap die grin
Re: Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: What You Should Know by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 07, 2013
ikp4succes:

You obviously a car importer, and these will affect your business. The govt is not banning cars they just increasing the tariff to encourage local manufacturing of cars and also encourage international car manufacturers to invest in the country thereby creating jobs. If you have a better idea please come up with one..
grin grin my only job is to go to school and come back, lol I don't even know anything about import and export business, I just know this policy will affect nigeria, but of course, Cotonou border and fire-war will make more money. You can berrit

1 Like

Re: Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: What You Should Know by smithjanetstore: 5:01pm On Oct 07, 2013
FG WON BAN IMPORTATION OF GENERATORS NOW NA TOKUNBO CARS HOW DO YOU WANT THIS PEOPLE TO SURVIVE BOTH GENERATORS ND TOKUNBO CARS SELLERS NO BE BOKO HARRAM PART 2 DEY COME LIKE THIS
Re: Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: What You Should Know by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 07, 2013
ikp4succes:

he has privatize Power supply its no longer in govt hands now. The labor force is there and most Nigerian learn fast plus our minimum wage is #18,000/month which is affordable. Security will come into place when all this youth have jobs, kidnapping will reduce, army robbery will reduce. Boko Haram is another issue, this group is driven by poverty and politics This the reason why the U.S has not really taken them serious and still reluctant to name them Terrorist group. Also the arms from the Gadafi regime is the one fueling this Boko Haram, if only we were monitoring our borders effectively.

FG right not needs to focus on practicing true federalism so states can be independent not the other way around.
18000 naira and you think that's a good pay? 18000 naira monthly will never ever reduce poverty, dude, are you typing for fun?
Re: Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: What You Should Know by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 07, 2013
Donlittle: 18000 naira and you think that's a good pay? 18000 naira monthly will never ever reduce poverty, dude, are you typing for fun?

Thats the minimum wage that does mean the Car manufacturers will pay that. Fg can regulate the salaries as well to benefit Nigerians
Re: Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: What You Should Know by fissso123: 5:10pm On Oct 07, 2013
wetin concern me? abeg i go relocate to GAMBIA, nicw weather nice ppl not greedy nigerian politician. Ironically Gambia too is controlled by nigerians. anyway kdus to us we dey too much. Dnt be surprise to see another plane crash carrying corrupt politicians. These kind of lasw keep coming n going. Am very sure it won‘t last.
Re: Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: What You Should Know by Nobody: 5:11pm On Oct 07, 2013
smithjanetstore: FG WON BAN IMPORTATION OF GENERATORS NOW NA TOKUNBO CARS HOW DO YOU WANT THIS PEOPLE TO SURVIVE BOTH GENERATORS ND TOKUNBO CARS SELLERS NO BE BOKO HARRAM PART 2 DEY COME LIKE THIS

No need to ban generators, when there is light then gen importation will cease to exist
Re: Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: What You Should Know by 3kay945(m): 5:16pm On Oct 07, 2013
ikp4succes:

Are you spokesman of the president? lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: What You Should Know by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 07, 2013
Donlittle: grin grin my only job is to go to school and come back, lol I don't even know anything about import and export business, I just know this policy will affect nigeria, but of course, Cotonou border and fire-war will make more money. You can berrit

Ye there is always disadvantage and advantage to it. FG is not banning it they just increasing tariff, plus even b4 this new tariff, Customs officers take lots of bribe already. I knw my uncle ships car and he complains a lot, he said he will pay the tariff and he will still bribe customs if not they will cease it.
Re: Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: What You Should Know by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 07, 2013
3kay945:

Are you spokesman of the president? lipsrsealed

lol if i be Spokesman there are two things involved is either naija will be developed or i won't even knw anything about Nairaland and be embezzling fund with the president grin
Re: Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: What You Should Know by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 07, 2013
fissso123: wetin concern me? abeg i go relocate to GAMBIA, nicw weather nice ppl not greedy nigerian politician. Ironically Gambia too is controlled by nigerians. anyway kdus to us we dey too much. Dnt be surprise to see another plane crash carrying corrupt politicians. These kind of lasw keep coming n going. Am very sure it won‘t last.

My Guy nothing dey Gambia, Naija beta pass them
Re: Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: What You Should Know by bisi16(m): 5:27pm On Oct 07, 2013
Damojo: Na wah o. So na hyundai and kia we go dey drive now bah?
an average nigerian can neither afford dat.. and dem dey ban okada and keke left right and centre. wahala dey

1 Like

Re: Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: What You Should Know by 3kay945(m): 5:27pm On Oct 07, 2013
ikp4succes:

lol if i be Spokesman there are two things involved is either naija will be developed or i won't even knw anything about Nairaland and be embezzling fund with the president grin

cool
Am not like you, cos I have heart.
Re: Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: What You Should Know by oluboyo04(m): 5:30pm On Oct 07, 2013
clemmonce: On a serious note. So now no more second hand cars. someone please explain this stuff to me very well before i break my phone. i must travel out by all means. how wil this policy affect an ordinary nigerian
my brother, this is one of the prices that you and i must pay to allow for meaningful development in our dear country. no car manufacturer will ever invest in nigeria considering the rate at which tokunbo cars are flowing in. this ban will pave way for made in Nigeria cars as some car manufacturing companies have shown interest to invest in Nigeria only the govt can stop the inflow of tokunbo cars.
Re: Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: What You Should Know by JazzyPhizzle: 5:30pm On Oct 07, 2013
These government policies are used to enrich themselves. There is no good intention behind it. They want to raise revenue to share. The billions they steal no reach again! Oil no reach again so now they will bleed us dry for their selfish ambitions.

1. First, Fashola ban okada
2. Then, Fashola ban keke marwa
3. Now, FG ban tokunboh

How do we move from one place to the other?

I remember the stories my parents used to tell of how they used to walk from Apapa Road, Ebute Metta to Lagos Island. They want us to go back to those days o!!!!!!!!

By the time hunger and poverty finish us all, we will be daft and vote again for Goodluck the man.
Re: Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: What You Should Know by JazzyPhizzle: 5:36pm On Oct 07, 2013
@oluboyo04

Which price? Let them continue to sell hogwash to you! When did any government price increase or ban yield any desired result?

There is nothing to back the reasoning for this move.

Come to think of it, who really wants to buy Tokunboh sef? No be condition make us dey buy? At this rate, we go soon dey buy china low-grade vehicles.

1 Like

Re: Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: What You Should Know by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 07, 2013
3kay945:

cool
Am not like you, cos I have heart.

lol yes and thats why u will embezzle funds with them when they threaten ur family.
Re: Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: What You Should Know by 4Play(m): 5:41pm On Oct 07, 2013
The people in power, whether at state or federal level, are so unconcerned with the lives of ordinary Nigerians that they keep coming up with these stupid policies. The average Nigerian can't afford a brand new car whether made abroad or in Nigeria. So what purpose does this serve?

2 Likes

Re: Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: What You Should Know by 3kay945(m): 5:41pm On Oct 07, 2013
oluboyo04: my brother, this is one of the prices that you and i must pay to allow for meaningful development in our dear country. no car manufacturer will ever invest in nigeria considering the rate at which tokunbo cars are flowing in. this ban will pave way for made in Nigeria cars as some car manufacturing companies have shown interest to invest in Nigeria only the govt can stop the inflow of tokunbo cars.

Do you know what should be on ground before the real manufacturing start?
What about the raw materials?
Pls, refer to previous pages for lecture. Am not in the mood to give one.
Re: Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: What You Should Know by 3kay945(m): 5:46pm On Oct 07, 2013
ikp4succes:

lol yes and thats why u will embezzle funds with them when they threaten ur family.

grin hope you're not implicating the fisherman president
Re: Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: What You Should Know by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 07, 2013
3kay945:

grin hope you're not implicating the fisherman president

lol he is just one man o, no matter what he says if the ministers and govenors are not doing well Naija knw go move foward

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians To Pay More For Imported Vehicles From June 1 / Panic As Vehicle Goes Up In Flames On Lagos Highway. Photos / Here Are 8 Engines You Should Avoid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.