Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,417 members, 7,881,529 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:34 PM

Novak Djokovic And Serena Williams Win 2013 China Open - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Novak Djokovic And Serena Williams Win 2013 China Open (529 Views)

“we Are Not Nigerians” – Venus And Serena Williams / A Picture Of Venus And Serena Williams As Little Girls / Wimbledon 2012: Serena & Venus Williams Win Women's Doubles Title (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Novak Djokovic And Serena Williams Win 2013 China Open by Napolitano(m): 5:07pm On Oct 07, 2013
Novak Djokovic of Serbia beat arch-rival Rafael Nadal 6-3, 6-4 on Sunday to win his fourth title at the China Open.

The match marked the first loss this season on hard court for Nadal, who has won 10 trophies in 2013 including the French and US Opens.

Despite the defeat, the 27-year-old Spaniard will return to the top spot in the ATP Rankings on Monday for the first time since June 27, 2011.

Unlike the three and a half-hour marathon US Open final in September, Djokovic stunned Nadal with a quick win in the China National Tennis Stadium.

"I needed this win today. I really wanted to get my hands on the trophy and win against Nadal, who has been the best player so far in 2013," said Djokovic.

With the packed fans chanting and clapping for both players, Djokovic's aces in the tenth game were just too fierce for Nadal to return. Djokovic soared to the air after he sealed his first win against Nadal in recent six months with another love game.

"This afternoon, (Djokovic) he was too strong for me," sighed Nadal. "He was able to hit all the balls where he wants to hit.

"When that's happening against a player like Novak, you are dead. That's what I was looking for, actually, to get that positive energy on the court of sharing the court with somebody, the team spirit," Nadal said.

Top seed Williams defeated No. 8 seed Jelena Jankovic of Serbia 6-2, 6-2 to take her 10th WTA title of the year, the first player to achieve the feat since Justine Henin in 2007. It was her 56th WTA title.

“Everyone is beatable, I think, at some point. I know I am,” Williams told reporters. “Everyone is a threat, you know. I don’t feel like I’m above anyone. I’m just playing and doing the best I can, that’s all I can do.”

http://www.sportinferno.com/article/179/novak-djokovic-and-serena-williams-win-china-open/
Re: Novak Djokovic And Serena Williams Win 2013 China Open by darejoshua: 1:43am On Oct 08, 2013
up Djokovic up serena......

(1) (Reply)

Monaco Agree Deal For Valdes: / Nigerians Abroad: Emenike And Akpala Score First Goals / Timeline Of Mourinho’s Violations At Chelsea, Inter & Madrid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.