Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,393 members, 7,901,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 10:37 PM

What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? (22267 Views)

Fighting Your Fears / Eliminate Your Doubts And Fears About Love / What Are Your Fears As A Goodlooking Person? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by Nobody: 4:00am On Oct 08, 2013
If you are one of those people who are scared of getting married, could you be truthful and tell us why?
Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by Mynd44: 5:04am On Oct 08, 2013
I have none.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by Nobody: 6:12am On Oct 08, 2013
Fear of the unknown. Will it be happy? Will it be complicated? Will it fail? It's that next huge chapter in life, and you don't know what it looks like. You hear advice and stories from others who are there or been there, but they're not even that pertinent as every couple and marriage is different. Plus there are bills, possibly preparing for children, and all sorts of pressures to worry about. It makes you wonder if you could ever be ready.

All you can do is put to use all that you've learned in life, and have faith in yourself and your partner... and make sure you marry for love. cheesy

23 Likes

Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by Danhumprey: 6:41am On Oct 08, 2013
Where is the goddamn OP So much for the De-activation button! See how it's being mis-used! angry

9 Likes

Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by sweettease(f): 6:48am On Oct 08, 2013
Fear of marrying the wrong person and having an unhappy marriage. I'll be stuck till death do us part cos the way my mind has been programmed, divorce is not an option. All i really want is happiness.
It's taking its toll on my relationship now, i run away if i feel ignored or that this person don't really care; i run, even if am head over mountainshills in love with him.

11 Likes

Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by Gabrielsylar(m): 8:44am On Oct 08, 2013
ogugua88: Fear of the unknown. Will it be happy? Will it be complicated? Will it fail? It's that next huge chapter in life, and you don't know what it looks like. You hear advice and stories from others who are there or been there, but they're not even that pertinent as every couple and marriage is different. Plus there are bills, possibly preparing for children, and all sorts of pressures to worry about. It makes you wonder if you could ever be ready.

All you can do is put to use all that you've learned in life, and have faith in yourself and your partner... and make sure you marry for love. cheesy
my advice for u especially u ogugua DONT THINK A MAN WHO TREATS OTHERS WRONG WILL TREAT U RIGHT

22 Likes

Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by sweettease(f): 9:22am On Oct 08, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: my advice for u especially u ogugua DONT THINK A MAN WHO TREATS OTHERS WRONG WILL TREAT U RIGHT
Wetin na, e no dey tire una
You guys have officially made them the kim and kanye of NL..... Keep hating

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by lertee(f): 9:30am On Oct 08, 2013
Fear of death that is losing a partner. cry

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 08, 2013
The other partner!

I don't know who she is and really its like a thorn in the flesh but Christ said I should lay it at his feet.

#IHateLiesWithFullPassion
Someone claiming not to see a missed call all because you dont want to call back... Technology dey lie?
Really why are ladies born to lie? Its is a question that can never be answered till thy kingdom come...
Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by didicold(f): 9:36am On Oct 08, 2013
D fear of bills ,my unborn kid's school fees, fear of widowhood,fear dat if he dies (God forbid), d marriage would be so scattered i won't even mourn, fear s dat i wont be a good mother and so on.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 08, 2013
lertee: Fear of death that is losing a partner. cry

That is something that is so sure... Someone must die first! or together... it is inevitable but our prayer is that the Lord should grant us long life

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by pasqal09: 9:44am On Oct 08, 2013
Fear of marrying an unfaithful person, its one tin to cheat in a relationship, its another in to cheat in marriage. If I'm cheated on in marriage, I'm might commit murder.
Also, fear of the enormous responsiblities of maintaining a family, bills, school fees.... And shit. I see what my uncle goes thru and its SCARY!!!

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by Popowaa: 9:55am On Oct 08, 2013
Fear of the person changing after marriage.Fear of my husband dying first.Fear of my husband getting a pot belly.Many fears but with God in the vessle i knw i will smile at every storm.
Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by chineloSA(f): 10:09am On Oct 08, 2013
Fear of :
Loosing my freedom (hard to trust someone with my whole life, God!!!!!)
Not being good enough ( wife and mother )
Being bored
Being broke
Being a begger to my hubby. undecided undecided undecided
AIDS and other STI
In-laws ( crowding my space, my family doesnt )
Conflict
Being a stepmom

4 Likes

Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by k2039: 10:09am On Oct 08, 2013
My only fear is that I may cheat on my wife and have kids outside of wedlock.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 08, 2013
pasqal09: Fear of marrying an unfaithful person, its one tin to cheat in a relationship, its another in to cheat in marriage. If I'm cheated on in marriage, I'm might commit mother.
Also, fear of the enormous responsiblities of maintaining a family, bills, school feesa.... And shit. I see what my uncle goes thru and its SCARY!!!

Hmmm.... Real points noted! @The bolded, believe in urself
Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by sexymoma(f): 10:10am On Oct 08, 2013
Giving Birth, Cooking for someone else, Everyday s3x.

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 08, 2013
k2039: My only fear is that I may cheat on my wife and have kids outside of wedlock.

First of all, bend down low....

Get to love the elastic things as that will remove the kids out of the equation... then, think of it as what God hates most... Its Adultery!

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by k2039: 10:12am On Oct 08, 2013
pasqal09: Fear of marrying an unfaithful person, its one tin to cheat in a relationship, its another in to cheat in marriage. If I'm cheated on in marriage, I'm might commit mother.
Also, fear of the enormous responsiblities of maintaining a family, bills, school feesa.... And shit. I see what my uncle goes thru and its SCARY!!!
Why not commit FATHER

10 Likes

Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by chinnyonwu(m): 10:12am On Oct 08, 2013
For many men I feel its the fear of bonking the same punnay all their lives.

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 08, 2013
Popowaa: Fear of the person changing after marriage.Fear of my husband dying first.Fear of my husband getting a pot belly.Many fears but with God in the vessle i knw i will smile at every storm.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

When you are in love, it is the pot belly tht will even make u fall in love the more cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by sucreblazing(m): 10:14am On Oct 08, 2013
Haaaaaaa, these things are too attractive
Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by safarigirl(f): 10:14am On Oct 08, 2013
I don't fear marriage. I'm CONCERNED that I may never find someone who would love me enough to marry me. Hence I've programmed myself to the 'I-DON'T-GIVE-A-PHUCK' mode. Marriage is just a wish for me, not my last bus stop. I'm more interested in having kids, marriage or not.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by k2039: 10:15am On Oct 08, 2013
ledafaze:

That is something that is so sure... Someone must die first! or together... it is inevitable but our prayer is that the Lord should grant us long life
If they die together, na plane/car crash be that o.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by Infomizer(m): 10:16am On Oct 08, 2013
If you are one of those people who are scared of getting married, could you be truthful and tell us why?
Fear of my wife's transformation (physically, mentally, emotionally).

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by kstyle2(m): 10:16am On Oct 08, 2013
Mehn.....marriage is like been in charge of sanitation in a prison in haiti...itz nt easy

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by wellmax(m): 10:16am On Oct 08, 2013
Fear that she will continue to love me many years after marriage.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:16am On Oct 08, 2013
chineloSA: Fear of :
Loosing my freedom (hard to trust someone with my whole life, God!!!!!)
Not being good enough ( wife and mother )
Being bored
Being broke
Being a begger to my hubby. undecided undecided undecided
AIDS and other STI
In-laws ( crowding my space, my family doesnt )
Conflict
Being a stepmom

REALLY!!!!!!!

SO your family no dey crowd space?! You think so abi?! Lol...

Funny Stuff..

Back to reading other posts

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 08, 2013
k2039: If they die together, na plane/car crash be that o.

grin grin grin
Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by t4dec(f): 10:16am On Oct 08, 2013
didicold: D fear of bills ,my unborn kid's school fees, fear of widowhood,fear dat if he dies (God forbid), d marriage would be so scattered i won't even mourn, fear s dat i wont be a good mother and so on.

dat mins u dnt trust urself to be a gud wife nd ain ready to moda kids. I only fear deth sepratin us
Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by jahbiz: 10:16am On Oct 08, 2013
The fear of marrying a pretender that claims she really loves me. 1 of my sisters is a victim na.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Do You Tell a Guy You Don't Like Him? / Ondo Policeman Shoots Okada Rider Dead In Over Alleged N50 Bribe / Guy Pictured Helping A S£xy Lady Wit "Thick Oily" NYANSH Mount A Horse Trending

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.