Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,249 members, 7,974,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 05:42 PM

Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' (20205 Views)

Amazing Things You Never Knew You Could Do With The Male Sperm / Whats The Male Version Of Side Chicks? / Case For Feminism: A Male Privilege Checklist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by jaybee3(m): 12:50pm On Oct 11, 2013
D sage:

Notting is romantic about the topic. Besides,I don't think someone should tell you before you know.
Thread has romantic undertone and absolutely nothing to do with politics. I honestly don't know what happened to your comprehension skills. If anything, it's best suited for the family because of the obvious commonalities that exist within romance/family
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Dsage1: 1:00pm On Oct 11, 2013
Wu Zetian:

You're the first person to mention this, though you stup1dly assumed I'm unaware of that. I wonder what the 'dead give-away' was undecided

The main purpose of this thread was to see if people thought gender inequality came as a result of a patriarchal society or simply "evil that men do".

Matriarchy is still practiced by some societies today. You would think women have an advantage in societies like this, right?? No, it's just reverse discrimination.

It's a waste of time to be argue or writting long essay on this issue. You and I know that inequality and perhap Patriarchy are inevitable and natural.

The nature has favoured men, so Patriarchy is normal and unquestionable.

1 Like

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Dsage1: 1:42pm On Oct 11, 2013
jay bee:
Thread has romantic undertone and absolutely nothing to do with politics. I honestly don't know what happened to your comprehension skills. If anything, it's best suited for the family because of the obvious commonalities that exist within romance/family

C'mon Jay bee,notting is wrong with my comprehension skills, except you're trying not to tell the truth,notting is romantic about this thread.

The thread talked about gender inequality,domination of a particular gender,as well as right and position of women in the society. On this basis, it's also suited for the politics.
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 5:11pm On Oct 11, 2013
carujmonella:
@the bolded, so you knew that all along and yet you're claiming rights for EQUALITY?. Who the heck does that? grin. The ONLY reason you could bring up to support your notion of equality is CHILDBIRTH. LOL!!. Didn't you see the countless examples I gave you?. If you can use "childbirth" as a reason, why can't I use the physicality/strength?. Or are you the one that sets the benchmark on things we should use to discuss?. Who made your decision the yardstick for discussing this issue? grin grin. You're funny. Or do you now have a monopoly on what's right or wrong?. I didn't see a different thing you said apart from what you've stated in your penultimate post. Same 'ol stuff. I don't need the clarification because I know all these bland reasons you've made

@1st bold, You didn't bring up any 'countless examples'. Every single example you brought up was based on the use of physical strength, from hustling to driving taxis to working as conductors etc. So everything comes down to one example which is physical strength.

@2nd bold,I really wish you would calm down and stop getting so emotional because your emotions are clearly preventing you from following this discussion..
I didn't use childbirth as a reason for proposing gender equality.
You started this whole thing by saying men do physically tasking jobs that women do not partake in.
After you said that, I brought up childbearing and told you that it was also a physically tasking job that women carry out and that men do not partake in.
You used strength as a criteria for claiming that it should be a man's world so to show you the absurdity of that argument, I brought up childbirth.
Stop making it sound as if I started by talking of childbirth and then you brought up strngth afterwards.
Please get a hold on your emotions and calm the fucck down so you can better understand what this discussion is about.

carujmonella: What are you really saying?. You are repeating your lines which I've read before. You've not said anything to further convince me. You're repeating yourself. I told you the plain truth that it's a man's world(which a female confirmed too) and you came up with your funny "childbirth" reason knowing fully well that women can't impregnate themselves. They still need men's sperms. If you can use "childbirth", why can't I use "sperm" notion?. Do you now decide what's to be use or not?. For every reason you've brought up (which is embrassingly, just one grin ), I've given you several reasons to counter your claims.
For heaven's sake.
Men wouldn't exist if women were not around to bear children. Your sperm would not be available if a woman didn't birth you.
And again, you didn't mention several reasons; every single task you listed that men carry out are all based on physical strength so your 'several reasons' are only just one example of the things men do that women do not do.

carujmonella: You can't bring up the white collar excuse because you made NO sense with it. This debate is centered on MEN VS WOMEN, so why are you shifting the goal posts as usual with your absurd collar job reason which has to do with MEN VS MEN. You're derailing in this context. You can't just bend the course of our discourse to suit you anytime and any how you like. If you want men vs men debate, open another thread for it. Stay on topic woman
See why I asked you to calm down?
You said men are superior to women because they fight in the army and they drive taxis and they work as conductors etc.
If doing these jobs is now a criteria for superiority then the men that do the jobs should be considered superior to the men that do not do them ie the men that work white collar jobs.
How can you even make a statement like that and not see anything wrong with it?
Let me bring back the quote where you said it;
Most women battle for equality in all things but won't won't come out during wars, aint in the army putting their lives on the line, aint carry bags of cements to build houses, aint doing stressful jobs compared to that of men, yet they want equality. If they can't do these things, they shouldn't seek equality
@bold, since you used those jobs you listed above as a criteria for seeking equality, I now ask you, what about men that do not do those jobs? Are they inferior to the men that do them?
And by the way, women also carry cement and fight wars and put their lives on the line, fine, those women are not as much as the men that do it but they still exist.
Such women exist.
Are the women that fight wars and lift cement superior to the men that don't do so?
If you like come here again and repeat that tired statement about the discussion being about men and women even after I broke the explanation down to the level a 5year old can understand.

carujmonella: *sighs*. Didn't you read where I used "IF you go biblically, man was created before
woman, women was created from RIBS of a man after God saw he was lonely "?. The emphasis being on the embolden "IF" which shows it's CONDITIONAL should you wanna go down the religion route. I'm not perfect so I can't know if you're a christian or not, so I gave you an option with "IF". And that's why I told you to forget about it because you're not a christian. So I don't see why you have your panties up in a bunch about that line of reasoning
You brought up the Bible in your post and I replied that part of your comment. End of story.

carujmonella: Lady, this isn't a fight and please take a chill pill and stop playing the victim card when you have no arsenals to defeat me in this topic and so on and so forth.
Lastly, strength should not be a determinant for superiority.
Intelligence is what should be used to determine who is superior and who is inferior.

4 Likes

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 11, 2013
De Beauvoir:

@1st bold, You didn't bring up any 'countless examples'. Every single example you brought up was based on the use of physical strength, from hustling to driving taxis to working as conductors etc. So everything comes down to one example which is physical strength.

Why don't you bring up many 'countless examples' based on whatever reason you will use in debating this topic?. Is childbirth which is one example good enough to trump 'countless examples'?. Bring the examples let us see how laughable it will be

@2nd bold,I really wish you would calm down and stop getting so emotional because your emotions are clearly preventing you from following this discussion..
You started this whole thing by saying men do physically tasking jobs that women do not partake in.
After you said that, I brought up childbearing and told you that it was also a physically tasking job that women carry out and that men do not partake in.
You used strength as a criteria for claiming that it should be a man's world so to show you the absurdity of that argument, I brought up childbirth.
Stop making it sound as if I started by talking of childbirth and then you brought up strngth afterwards.
Please get a hold on your emotions and calm the fucck down so you can better understand what this discussion is about.

Calm the fucckk down, you're hyperventilating. I really wish you can stop lying and insinuating fallacies cos it's making your comebacks stale and boring. I started NOTHING. The OP started it all and I chipped in my opinion and you countered it and I re-countered your opinion, so stop these "you started the whole thing". Am I the OP?. Did I create the thread?. If you found my 'strength" criteria as absurd, then I find your "childbearing" criteria as a pathetic tongue-in-cheek taradiddles and an obvious lame excuse. your stale incoherent jargons bores me the fucckk out

For heaven's sake.
Men wouldn't exist if women were not around to bear children. Your sperm would not be available if a woman didn't birth you.
And again, you didn't mention several reasons; every single task you listed that men carry out are all based on physical strength so your 'several reasons' are only just one example of the things men do that women do not do.

For hell's sake, Women wouldn't exist if men were not around to fertilize ovas and make them fertile. You won't be existing if a sperm was not available. Women folks won't be existing if not the protection from the male folks. If a war should break out between men and women, your gender will be wiped off and be forgotten. Show MEN some respect woman.

See why I asked you to calm down?
You said men are superior to women because they fight in the army and they drive taxis and they work as conductors etc.
If doing these jobs is now a criteria for superiority then the men that do the jobs should be considered superior to the men that do not do them ie the men that work white collar jobs.
How can you even make a statement like that and not see anything wrong with it?
Let me bring back the quote where you said it;

@bold, since you used those jobs you listed above as a criteria for seeking equality, I now ask you, what about men that do not do those jobs? Are they inferior to the men that do them?

You see why I told you to take a chill pill with your same boring excuse. You're going off tangent. The topic is about women and men, stay on topic!!. How many times will I drum into your head?. Is english too hard for you comprehend or what? (No offense). If you want a men vs men topic, create a thread for it and you'll be adequately lectured about it

And by the way, women also carry cement and fight wars and put their lives on the line, fine, those women are not as much as the men that do it but they still exist.
Such women exist.
Are the women that fight wars and lift cement superior to the men that don't do so?
If you like come here again and repeat that tired statement about the discussion being about men and women even after I broke the explanation down to the level a 5year old can understand.

@bolded, so you know this truth huh?. I'd have told you go and find out why such women as so RARE that you had to add "but they exist"(to show how VERY RARE they are), but you know that already but your doggedness to defend a crap opinion won't let you give up. You are comparing the insignificant number of women that lift cements to the COUNTLESS number of MEN that do these jobs like it's their hobby. Go and sleep and stop coming here with your stale and boring statements that makes you keep shooting yourselves at the foot with each glaring dumb reason of yours.

You brought up the Bible in your post and I replied that part of your comment. End of story.

And I also replied your part of the comment. End of discussion

Lastly, strength should not be a determinant for superiority.
Intelligence is what should be used to determine who is superior and who is inferior.

Lastly, show me where they made you the yardstick for determining the determinant in this discourse. You just whip up absurd craps and expect sensible minds to agree to it?. Joker!!

Even in intelligence, MEN trump women hands down. In every sensible class of life, MEN trumps the women. From literature giants, to presidents, to global changers, to high offices held, to riches, to owners/CEO's of most top organization, MEN are zillion miles ahead of ladies. Get that into your head no matter how shameful It is wink. Go figure!! cool.

4 Likes

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 7:49pm On Oct 11, 2013
carujmonella:
Why don't you bring up many 'countless examples' based on whatever reason you will use in debating this topic?. Is childbirth which is one example good enough to trump 'countless examples'?. Bring the examples let us see how laughable it will be
Your mentioning hustling and being conductors and fighting wars is the same thing as my saying women face the risk of dying from pre ecclampsia, or getting gestational diabetes or having placenta problems etc while men do not have to suffer these things.
My point is, everything you listed comes down to men having greater physical strength just like my mentioning these life threatening conditions women suffer comes down to their ability to bear children.
In the end, you are only stating one point, not several points and that one point is that men do more physically tasking jobs than women.
One fascinating thing you should know about these physically tasking jobs you mentioned is that they can be carried out by machines. Cement mixing and carrying can be done by machines, bus meters can count money and high tech war machines (helicoptors, fighter jets etc) can be used to fight wars and so strength is no longer a trump card for men in developed and technologically advanced parts of the world.

carujmonella: Calm the fucckk down, you're hyperventilating. I really wish you can stop lying and insinuating fallacies cos it's making your comebacks stale and boring. I started NOTHING. The OP started it all and I chipped in my opinion and you countered it and I re-countered your opinion, so stop these "you started the whole thing". Am I the OP?. Did I create the thread?. If you found my 'strength" criteria as absurd, then I find your "childbearing" criteria as a pathetic tongue-in-cheek taradiddles and obvious lame excuse. Calm the fucckk down dear, you're hyperventilating and bring up incoherent jargons which bores me the fucckk out
@bold, you had to use the exact same words I used?
You couldn't even be creative with your comebacks?
Smh.
@rest of your post; I didn't say you started the thread. You obviously misinterpreted me when I said you started this whole thing. My explanation was;

carujmonella: For hell's sake, Women wouldn't exist if men were not around to fertilize their ova and make them fertile. You won't be existing if a sperm was not available. Women folks won't be existing if not the protection from the male folks. If a war should break out between men and women, your gender will be wiped off and be forgotten. Show MEN some respect woman.
The reason why there are more men fighting wars than women is not far fetched. In the past, infact up untill the late 1900s, women were forbidden from joining the army and even after they were allowed to join the army, they faced discrimination from men who believed that they were not up to the task of participating in combat roles.
It was at the beginning of the 1970s that most Western armies began to admit women to serve active duty in the army.
Some of these countries are New Zealand, Canada, Denmark, Finland, Italy, Germany and many more.
It was only as recently as in 2013 that the U.S Armed Forces overturned a 1994 rule banning women from serving in certain combat positions and made it possible for women to participate in front-line units and elite commando teams.

carujmonella: take a chill pill with your same boring excuse. You're going off tangent. The topic is about women and men, stay on topic!!. How many times will I drum into your head?. Is english too hard for you comprehend or what? (No offense). If you want a men vs men topic, create a thread for it and you'll be adequately lectured about it
You said women are inferior to men because they don't hustle and drive taxis and work as conductor etc. So I now ask you, Are women that hustle and drive taxis automatically superior to men that don't do these things?
Please answer this question. Thanks.

carujmonella: @bolded, so you know this truth huh?. I'd have told you go and find out why such women as so RARE that you had to add "but they exist"(to show how VERY RARE they are), but you know that already but your doggedness to defend a crap opinion won't let you give up. You are comparing the insignificant number of women that lift cements to the COUNTLESS number of MEN that do these jobs like it's their hobby. Go and sleep and stop coming here with your stale and boring statements that makes you keep shooting yourselves at the foot with each glaring dumb reason of yours.
@bold, Smh. And when I say you are getting worked up you start protesting.
Please use only civil words in this discussion, we're not fighting.
@Rest of your post, The reason why women are so rare in these positions is because of years of gender discrimination against them.
Do you know that in the past women were not allowed to own property and were themselves regarded as the property of the men in their lives?
In Nigeria women are even considered to be the property of their husbands and even the house they live is their husband's house. The reason why they bear their husband's names is because they are assumed to be under the care of the husband and as such he is in charge of her and makes the final decisions in her life (as the head). How can women be motivated to achieve much or go far in life when they are not even allowed to have independent identities?
Societal pressure and demands on girls to be home makers are higher than that of boys. Girls are told they can be anything they want but are not given the support to do so. A woman has to be educated, or be hard-working (sometimes the breadwinner), or be the perfect wife and mother, or a combination of all. A woman who obtains degrees and works 40-60 hours a week is often objectified at work and told she's a lousy mother not providing for her husband and kids by family. A man can be gone 24/7, as long as he makes money and provides. If he's not around his kids X hours, no one will hold it against him.
This type of discrimination was not even limited to African countries, in fact it wasn't until the late 19th century that the married women property act was put in place in some western countries that made it lawful for women to own their own property and be in charge of their lives.
Women basically have the mindset that they are inferior to men due to centuries of being brainwashed into thinking so.
They have been conditioned to accept the position of inferior subordinates.
When you tell a person they are not capable of doing great things, when you drum it into their heads from birth till adulthood, that individual will not even attempt to achieve anything great even if they have every ability to be distinguished in life. It is called Conditioning.
Women do not take on those roles because they have been conditioned to believe that they are not supposed to do things like that. They have been conditioned to believe that only men should carry out these tasks.

carujmonella: Lastly, show me where they made you the yardstick for determining the determinant in this discourse. You just whip up absurd craps and expect sensible minds to agree to it.
Civil words please, if you do not understand any point I make then ask me to clarify it.

carujmonella: Even in intelligence, MEN trump women hands down. In every sensible class of life, MEN trumps the women. From literature giants, to presidents, to global changers, to high offices held, to riches, to owners/CEO's of most top organization, MEN are zillion miles ahead of ladies. Get that into your head no matter how shameful It is wink. Go figure!! cool
There are countless scientific researches that show that no gender is more intelligent than the other. men and women are equally intelligent.
I explained the reason why there are more men in the positions of presidents, CEOs etc and it is owing to the fact that women are expected to stay at home and take care of children while the man works, they are frowned on for attempting to pursue their dreams instead of settling down and getting married. Majority of men don't even want to marry a woman that has accomplished so much in her life and many people will ot vote a woman president in power because they think women are better suited for house work and not working outside the home.
For example what do you think of Hillary Clinton now huh? She was the "crazy feminist" when she started out. She was vilified and called every abusive name in the book for being an ambitious woman and not "submissive and traditional" like the first ladies before her. Now that she is fulfiling her ambition.
www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NPZkwbuKbTw

4 Likes

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 11, 2013
Richfella:
Lol, and on another note, if women are such smart cookies, how come they 'allowed' themselves to be dominated almost completely through the ages.

"Action is eloquence", said Shakespeare. You might throw inaction in there too.

The misconception that you ignoramuses seem to want to hold on to is that women want to be like men. Errm...no.
What exactly is the huge difference between men and women, testosterone?? Maybe you should stop focusing on the minute difference between the genders and start focusing on similarities.

Do I really have to explain the highlighted to you?? You already know about the societal change. Feeding as a means of survival isn't dependent on physical strength as it used to be.
The major issue here is the molding of the child's mind at a young age. When a baby girl is born, the mother goes to buy pink outfits. Then we act all shocked that girls wanna pick pink as their favorite color and men think pink isn't masculine enough.
She gets barbie as toys. She gets the barbie doll house with the barbie make-up kit and what do the boys get? Trucks, cars, planes.
They spoil their trucks and when they try fixing them, you see the proud mums saying, "My son just fixed the tires to his truck. He is going to be an Engineer".
At such a young age, this little girl is thought to focus on looks. Beauty, is central to the barbie org. Making barbie's hair, applying barbie's make-up and whatever one can do with a doll.
As a child, I wanted toy helicopters not barbie, having to comb her hair was just torture and because my dad believes a lot in individuality, I am not your stereotypical girl.
A lot of people are religious today not because they found God but because of what the society, family, and culture dictates.
Let's ignore women that didn't do anything in the past, what about women that share the same views as you today??

Let me sight an instance, after the civil war and blacks were considered free. Do you know that there were a few blacks that still chose to remain slaves?? You can't blame them because they were born into slavery, they have defined themselves by what the society thinks of them-slaves. It has become their identity.
This is what you see in a few women today who still hold your dear beliefs, they are a product of their society.

Richfella, your statement is as ridiculous as saying if blacks were 'smart cookies' or equal to white men, why did they allow themselves to be oppressed for such a long time. Your country people didn't even fight Britain, dem dash us our independence. Does that make u any less than the white boy in your classroom??

2 Likes

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by twaintoy(f): 8:11pm On Oct 11, 2013
Mods, front page ooo, am so enjoying this thread.
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Handsomeemmy(m): 8:19pm On Oct 11, 2013
twaintoy: Mods, front page ooo, am so enjoying this thread.

Owo babe, how is work?
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by twaintoy(f): 8:22pm On Oct 11, 2013
Handsomeemmy:

Owo babe, how is work?
MrTemitope, is this you?
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Handsomeemmy(m): 8:25pm On Oct 11, 2013
twaintoy: MrTemitope, is this you?

how manage you guess right? Is it because of the picture?
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 11, 2013
Wu Zetian:
The misconception that you ignoramuses...

Ignoramus ke? That was totally uncalled for.

I understand that this is quite an emotional topic for you. Nice points raised, but gotta bounce.
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 10:53pm On Oct 11, 2013
De Beauvoir:

@bold, Smh. And when I say you are getting worked up you start protesting.

I ignored your other rants before this quoted post, because as usual, you're just repeating the same boring stuffs. Now if there's is one thing i hate, it's HYPOCRISY. It irks me. You bolded where I used your "calm the fucckk down" statement, called it lame that I can't come up with my own comebacks, but what your selective sight and biased mind failed to speak is the truth which is the fact that you used a harsh UNCIVILISED tone on me. Now I used your line on you and bait you to spew your hypocritical jargon and like a hypocrite, you swallowed it hook, line and sinker. you ma'am, is a broad daylight hypocrite and that's the reason you're bringing up all these lame excuses.

Please use only civil words in this discussion, we're not fighting.

HYPOCRITE!!. Were you civilized when you told me to "calm the FUCCKK down?". When I used your line as my comeback, didn't you acknowledge as your and called it lame as well because I used your UNCIVILZED line?. But yet you SELECTIVELY failed to see that line of yours was uncalled for, because I've been civilized with you. So now you want a civilized convo?. Typical feminists that always twists words to favour them. Get the fuckkk outta here. I dsilike hypocrisy. You can't act uncivilized and expect me to act civilized. I chose not to act dumb

@the rest of your posts, you're echoing the same sentiment I talked about earlier, that women are treated unfairly in our society, their rights are abused, they bear the brunt of societal fall outs. I agreed to all these things and clearly stated that it shouldn't be so. But all these things boils down to the FACT THAT IT'S MAN'S WORLD. If anything, it proves that harsh statement right. If women were in a better position to dish out these treatments on us, they will do worse. From animals to humans, MALES/MEN leads. It's nature, weep from now till forever you can't change shitt!!
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 11:12pm On Oct 11, 2013
carujmonella:
I ignored your other rants before this posts, because as usual, you're just repeating the same boring stuffs. Now if there's is one thing i hate, it's HYPOCRISY. It irks me. You bolded where I used your "calm the fucckk down" statement, called it lame that I can't come up with my own comebacks, but what your selective sight and biased mind failed to speak is the truth which is the fact that you used a harsh UNCIVILISED tone on me. Now I used your line on you and bait you to spew your hypocritical jargon and like hypocrite, you swallowed it hook, line and sinker. you ma'am, is a broad daylight hypocrite and that's the reason you're bringing up all these lame excuses.
grin Whatever man/woman.

carujmonella: @the rest of your posts, you're echoing the same sentiment I talked about earlier, that women are treated unfairly in our society, their rights are abused, they bear the brunt of societal fall outs. I agreed to all these things and clearly stated that it shouldn't be so. But all these things boils down to the FACT THAT IT'S MAN'S WORLD. If anything, it proves that harsh statement right. If women were in a better position to dish out these treatments on us, they will do worse. From animals to humans, MALES/MEN leads. It's nature, weep from now till forever you can't change shitt!!
First of all;
@bold, you just have to provide proof of that instead of simply making claims that you can't back up.
Secondly,I wasn't echoing your sentiments.
Your sentiment was that;
Most women battle for equality in all things but won't won't come out during wars, aint in the army putting their lives on the line, aint carry bags of cements to build houses, aint doing stressful jobs compared to that of men, yet they want equality. If they can't do these things, they shouldn't seek equality
And I was clearly against this mindset all through the course of this discussion. I never agreed with it so i wasn't echoing your sentiments.
Lastly, males are not always the leaders in the animal kingdom. There are animals which have females as their leaders like the bonobo monkeys, hyenas and lemurs. There are also animals which have both the alpha male and females as leaders of the pack eg wolves.
Besides I don't think animal behaviour should be used as prototypes for how humans should live because we are more intelligent than them and should know better and because majority of the things animals do have no place in human society eg cannibalism, infanticide, eating corpses and so on.
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 11:57pm On Oct 11, 2013
De Beauvoir:
grin Whatever man/woman.

I'm glad you saw your hypocrisy, hence the 'whatever man/woman' excuse grin. You're pardoned, but change your ways tongue

De Beauvoir: Secondly,I wasn't echoing your sentiments.
Your sentiment was that;

And I was clearly against this mindset all through the course of this discussion. I never agreed with it so i wasn't echoing your sentiments.
Lastly, males are not always the leaders in the animal kingdom. There are animals which have females as their leaders like the bonobo monkeys, hyenas and lemurs. There are also animals which have both the alpha male and females as leaders of the pack eg wolves.
Besides I don't think animal behaviour should be used as prototypes for how humans should live because we are more intelligent than them and should know better and because majority of the things animals do have no place in human society eg cannibalism, infanticide, eating corpses and so on.

At least You're were able to count the 'RARE' occasions where females rules and one occasion where animals have both female and male alphas. But can you TRUTHFULLY count the occasions where the males rules?. I'd love you to state it all here going by over HUNDRED species of animals on earth. Go ahead and count. You and I both know the situation where the male leads/rules are uncountable or MUCH MORE bigger than that of females. So what does that show you?. Are the results EQUAL?. Aren't MALE superiority/leadership more than that of females?. You need to check the meaning of equal tongue.

I don't think your choices should be used as a determinant to decide the basis on which this discourse should be based on. You give your own examples, I give mine. If you have problem with mine, then the feeling is mutual when it comes to yours wink. I'm not saying humans should used animals as prototypes on how to live, I'm just giving you an example that men leads even in the animal kingdom. It's nature, you can beat that. And oh, also a lot of things humans do has no place in the animal kingdom too yet the males still rules there. tongue
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 12:09am On Oct 12, 2013
@de beauvoir (hope I got it right), where you from?. Don't you know when to quit? tongue. Do you have a gene of a DRAGon in you?. You don't wanna give up do you? grin. . Keep grasping on straws tongue
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 12:13am On Oct 12, 2013
carujmonella:
I'm glad you saw your hypocrisy, hence the 'whatever man/woman' excuse grin. You're pardoned, but change your ways tongue
I didn't see any hypocrisy, I said whatever because that was a trifle issue that I didn't wish to carry on with.

carujmonella:
I don't think your choices should be used as a determinant to decide the basis on which this discourse should be based on. You give your own examples, I give mine. If you have problem with mine, then the feeling is mutual when it comes to yours wink.I'm not saying humans should used animals as prototypes on how to live, I'm just giving you an example that men leads even in the animal kingdom. It's nature, you can beat that. And oh, also a lot of things humans do has no place in the animal kingdom yet the males still rules there..
You see how you contradict yourself?
First you say you are not saying humans should use animal behaviour as prototype for how they live and then you say animal behaviour is natural and 'we cannot beat that'.
If you want to use animal behaviour to determine what is natural then you would also consider cannibalism natural. You would consider roaming about naked in the forest as natural.
You should consider eating raw vegetables,barks and dead uncooked meat natural because the majority of animals do these things.
Infact why don't you go ahead and suggest that we all discard our civilized ways of life like electricity, pipe borne water and use of the internet and do as the majority of animals do because their way of life is natural and we can't beat that.
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 12:16am On Oct 12, 2013
carujmonella: @de beauvoir (hope I got it right), where you from?. Don't you know when to quit? tongue. Do you have a gene of a DRAGon in you?. You don't wanna give up do you? grin. . Keep grasping on straws tongue
This is rich coming from the person that has consistently failed to bring up cerebral points to debunk my claims.
Stop begging me to give up. Debunk me if you can.
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by twaintoy(f): 2:38am On Oct 12, 2013
Handsomeemmy:

how manage you guess right? Is it because of the picture?
Nope.
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 3:22am On Oct 12, 2013
Wu Zetian:

Let me sight an instance, after the civil war and blacks were considered free. Do you know that there were a few blacks that still chose to remain slaves?? You can't blame them because they were born into slavery, they have defined themselves by what the society thinks of them-slaves. It has become their identity.
This is what you see in a few women today who still hold your dear beliefs, they are a product of their society.

Richfella, your statement is as ridiculous as saying if blacks were 'smart cookies' or equal to white men, why did they allow themselves to be oppressed for such a long time. Your country people didn't even fight Britain, dem dash us our independence. Does that make u any less than the white boy in your classroom??

KO!
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by flexshop(m): 3:37am On Oct 12, 2013
*let me use a little bit of argumentum ad hominem* this Wu zetian or wu chun li na serious feminist or feminist wanna be.I don dey notice am tey tey.

Back to topic,For all what you wrote up there@OP,the strong always dominate the weak.upturning the patriachial system is relatively impossible and arguing about it is simply a waste of time.

Last bullet: if una dey carry dis una rubbish american mentality of feminism,make una no near africa oh.any woman wey try steal or near my property in d name of divorce settlement go hear am.na my problem be dat.
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by jumbotron: 7:18am On Oct 12, 2013
I have found that you can not have these discussions in a room with SOME African men. I look forward to when we all can talk about this without y'all asking questions like "If women are so XYZ, why are they not in the BH sect"? Or coming back with retorts like "Its a Man's World".

Sisters, keep doing it for yourselves. Work hard, keep taking care of your families. Women do not blow their trumpets about their hustles, they just...hustle. If you are blessed to have reasonable brothers, enlighten them on how to treat women. Shout out to the men in my family!! When you raise boys, teach them to be self sufficient as well. Our mothers are at fault for some of these comments. If you are married, the man is the head of the household but he is not the slave master. Get your education and be about something. Better yet, marry a man who will train his sons and daughters to be self sufficient as well. Meet men who are comfortable in their masculinity and their place as a man to allow a woman climb the ladder and assert herself. Too many of these comments reek of bruised egos.

Guys, no one can take away the fact that you are a man. Stop making it seem like we are challenging your masculinity. We get it, there is no competition. Just learn to share. Times have changed. The quicker you get hip to this, the better for you.

3 Likes

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 8:22am On Oct 12, 2013
flexshop: [color=#770077]
Back to topic,For all what you wrote up there@OP,the strong always dominate the weak.upturning the patriachial system is relatively impossible and arguing about it is simply a waste of time.

This statement is just like saying all those strong and muscular wrestlers and weight lifters should dominate everyone because they are stronger than the rest of us undecided
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Handsomeemmy(m): 9:02am On Oct 12, 2013
twaintoy: Nope.

ok oooo, nice topic, learning from it.
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by flexshop(m): 12:15pm On Oct 12, 2013
De Beauvoir:

This statement is just like saying all those strong and muscular wrestlers and weight lifters should dominate everyone because they are stronger than the rest of us undecided

choose your arguments carefully miss. The USA sneezes and the world catches cold,isn't it because the American army is relatively the strongest in the world? Its a natural world order. Tomorrow,chinese might may overtake that of the US and when they dictate the pace, what the heck do you have to say? Stop being choosy,biased and feminist.

@jumbotron,Men are not competing with women for anything.Men are already incharge of the world.Even with all your feminist laws in the west,men still dominate.stop trying to be what you are not and be a woman for the Love of God.

Last bullet: Africa can't be the west, thank God for russia and china, at least, the haven't sold their values to the west

1 Like

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 12:55pm On Oct 12, 2013
flexshop:
choose your arguments carefully miss. The USA sneezes and the world catches cold,isn't it because the American army is relatively the strongest in the world? Its a natural world order. Tomorrow,chinese might may overtake that of the US and when they dictate the pace, what the heck do you have to say? Stop being choosy,biased and feminist.
Last bullet: Africa can't be the west, thank God for russia and china, at least, the haven't sold their values to the west

Why are you using the U.S.A and other countries as an analogy? You said the strong will always dominate the weak.
You didn't say the most technologically advanced and developed will always dominate the weak.
And no, the U.S being a world power has nothing to do with physical strength or machismo. It has everything to do with use of intelligence and psychology and employment of adept acumen to formulate and carry out policies to maintain their position as a world power.
It's not like the U.S. wrestled other countries to get to the top.

jumbotron: @jumbotron,Men are not competing with women for anything.Men are already incharge of the world.Even with all your feminist laws in the west,men still dominate.stop trying to be what you are not and be a woman for the Love of God.
@Jumbotron, the reason why men still dominate in the west is as a result of years of gender discrimination that have been meted out against women, it isn't because men are superior to women; all genders are equal. Read this my post to learn more of such discrimination; https://www.nairaland.com/1469493/patriarchy-male-privilege/1#18751076

1 Like

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 12, 2013
De Beauvoir:
I didn't see any hypocrisy, I said whatever because that was a trifle issue that I didn't wish to carry on with.

Of course you won't see any hypocrisy in your posts. Truth doesn't exist in your fantasy, lies keeps you going. You should change your moniker to " DE HYPOCRITE". So the hypocrisy in your posts should be discarded as trifle?. LMAO. Better don't carry on with it, your lies are getting redundant already.

De Beauvoir: You see how you contradict yourself?
First you say you are not saying humans should use animal behaviour as prototype for how they live and then you say animal behaviour is natural and 'we cannot beat that'.
If you want to use animal behaviour to determine what is natural then you would also consider cannibalism natural. You would consider roaming about naked in the forest as natural.
You should consider eating raw vegetables,barks and dead uncooked meat natural because the majority of animals do these things.
Infact why don't you go ahead and suggest that we all discard our civilized ways of life like electricity, pipe borne water and use of the internet and do as the majority of animals do because their way of life is natural and we can't beat that.

*yawns*... Comprehension must've been your achilles heel. Didn't you give an example with animals as well before saying we saying we shouldn't use animals as an example after giving 4 examples?. Because if we go down that route, you still don't have enough arsenal to win this discussion. I don't know who the hell gave you the idea that your words/criteria/opinion are the SOLE determinant on which we should base our discussion on. Wake up lady, ITS NOT. You give your example, I give mine. if my opinions are absurd, then you can be sure as hell that yours is pile of rubbish. for your info, animals has practices that are common to humans. So because animals does these practices, we should not?. Ok, going by warped and crap logic, animals mate, humans should not mate then. Monkeys eat banana, so humans shouldn't eat banana too because animals does it. What a fallacy. You're a human, and have higher knowledge than animals and know what is right and not right, to copy from animals. For your info, some humans practices cannibalism. Males in animals protect their packs and fight off perceived enemies, maybe when there is war, males(which makes up majority, if not all, of most armies) shouldn't do like animals and leave the children and women exposed to death. Maybe when there's an enemy attack on a family, men shouldn't act like wild animals and protect their wives and children. Your logic is always one sided, absurd and laughable. As long a statement will favour your feministic views, you don't mind even though it reeks of lies. In fact why don't you go ahead and tell humans to do away with every practices of animals that humans practice too, which includes mating and the rest. Let me know how your kids will come forth.

Like I told you earlier which you hypocritically ignored like you always do, I repeat, BE IT BY STRENGHT OR INTELLIGENCE, women have got nothing on MEN.

If it's Strength, we're zillion of miles ahead of women.

If it's intelligence, women doesn't even qualify to boast in this category. From legends, world changers, riches, fame, positions, presidents, intellectuals, literature giants, CEO/owners of world's TOP organization, innovators.. MEN still trumps women. So what are you babbling about?. Huh?. These tirades of yours bores the shitt outta me. You haven't said tangent reason to will floor the truth of "it's man's world". Stop regurgitating the same lopsided view of yours, it doesn't help your course.

P.S: don't bring your boring "calm down" and "you're worked up" rants, I'll simple laugh it off.

1 Like

Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 12, 2013
De Beauvoir:
This is rich coming from the person that has consistently failed to bring up cerebral points to debunk my claims.
Stop begging me to give up. Debunk me if you can.

This is bizarre and absurd coming from one that consistently twist any posts to suit her lies and in so doing keep repeating her lies that can NEVER debunk any sensible reasons. I won't be caught dead begging you to wake up from your slumber, keep wallowing away in your deceptions and fantasies. Would have told you to debunk mine, but you will keep on repeating the redundant jargons that bores me. And oh by the way, I have debunked all your fallacies, you're just too biased to accept the truth, that it's a man's world, cry a lagoon, it WILL NEVER CHANGE that fact. Even in the next century, MEN will keep ruling and leading, there's nothing your rants can do about it.
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by jumbotron: 2:05pm On Oct 12, 2013
De Beauvoir:

@Jumbotron, the reason why men still dominate in the west is as a result of years of gender discrimination that have been meted out against women, it isn't because men are superior to women; all genders are equal. Read this my post to learn more of such discrimination; https://www.nairaland.com/1469493/patriarchy-male-privilege/1#18751076

Hi De Beauvoir, I think someone was responding to my post. The first @Jumbotron you see is a reply and not my posting. My one post is above and says nothing about men being superior. I do not ever subscribe to any gender, race or tribe being more superior to another. I suspect it was from Carujmonella.
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by jumbotron: 2:13pm On Oct 12, 2013
carujmonella:

This is bizarre and absurd coming from one that consistently twist any posts to suit her lies and in so doing keep repeating her lies that can NEVER debunk any sensible reasons. I won't be caught dead begging you to wake up from your slumber, keep wallowing away in your deceptions and fantasies. Would have told you to debunk mine, but you will keep on repeating the redundant jargons that bores me. And oh by the way, I have debunked all your fallacies, you're just too biased to accept the truth, that it's a man's world, cry a lagoon, it WILL NEVER CHANGE that fact. Even in the next century, MEN will keep ruling and leading, there's nothing your rants can do about it.

Ok Sir/Ma'am, it is a man's world...what next?
Is it too hard to accept that women are up to par. The only Being(if I can use that word) more superior to a human being is God. You are superior to plants, animals but not your fellow human being. Just because you lead a home, does not make you more superior. This is why we have the issues we have with abuse and discrimination in our society, the west is not exempt from this thought by the way...it is just that the laws are put in place to protect people of all genders from those who think they are superior and can use their "superiority" to maltreat others. Be comfortable in your masculinity, no one can challenge who you are! I must tell you though, a true man is one that knows his place as a leader and allows those he is privileged to lead to also succeed. Don't be threatened by the way things are going, or else you will end up bitter and missing out on some great partners.
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 2:19pm On Oct 12, 2013
jumbotron: I have found that you can not have these discussions in a room with SOME African men. I look forward to when we all can talk about this without y'all asking questions like "If women are so XYZ, why are they not in the BH sect"? Or coming back with retorts like "Its a Man's World".

What do you mean by SOME african men?. "It's man's world" Phrase, did it originate from africa?. So the various harsh abuses that women faces even up to this minute is done by africans alone?. The yesterday's news on nairaland's front page about a mexico man that padlocked her girlfriend's jeans to avoid her cheating, is he from AFRICA?. I look forward to when women can face realities no matter how hard it seems.

jumbotron: Sisters, keep doing it for yourselves. Work hard, keep taking care of your families. Women do not blow their trumpets about their hustles, they just...hustle. If you are blessed to have reasonable brothers, enlighten them on how to treat women. Shout out to the men in my family!! When you raise boys, teach them to be self sufficient as well. Our mothers are at fault for some of these comments. If you are married, the man is the head of the household but he is not the slave master. Get your education and be about something. Better yet, marry a man who will train his sons and daughters to be self sufficient as well. Meet men who are comfortable in their masculinity and their place as a man to allow a woman climb the ladder and assert herself. Too many of these comments reek of bruised egos.

Guys, no one can take away the fact that you are a man. Stop making it seem like we are challenging your masculinity. We get it, there is no competition. Just learn to share. Times have changed. The quicker you get hip to this, the better for you.

Remain blessed!!. Nice advice. I concur with everything you said apart from your first paragraph that I countered. This is what I expect from ANY poster with a sane mind.
Re: Patriarchy - 'The Male Privilege' by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 12, 2013
carujmonella:
So because animals does these practices, we should not?. Ok, going by warped and crap logic, animals mate, humans should not mate then. Monkeys eat banana, so humans shouldn't eat banana too because animals does it. What a fallacy. You're a human, and have higher knowledge than animals and know what is right and not right, to copy from animals. For your info, some humans practices cannibalism. Males in animals protect their packs and fight off perceived enemies, maybe when there is war, males(which makes up majority, if not all, of most armies) shouldn't do like animals and leave the children and women exposed to death. Maybe when there's an enemy attack on a family, men shouldn't act like wild animals and protect their wives and children. Your logic is always one sided, absurd and laughable.
I am not sure what point you are trying to make here.
Decisions we take as humans should be based on careful planning and analysis of actions and consequences. We shouldn't carry out a set of actions because the animals do it, our intellectual abilities should establish how we should live.
Our intellects have told us that there is no difference in intelligence in both genders, males are not more intelligent than females and females are not more intelligent than males so we are basically on equal grounds.

carujmonella: Like I told you earlier which you hypocritically ignored like you always do, I repeat, BE IT BY STRENGHT OR INTELLIGENCE, women have got nothing on MEN.If it's intelligence, women doesn't even qualify to boast in this category. From legends, world changers, riches, fame, positions, presidents, intellectuals, literature giants, CEO/owners of world's TOP organization, innovators.. MEN still trumps women. So what are you babbling about?. Huh?. These tirades of yours bores the shitt outta me. You haven't said tangent reason to will floor the truth of "it's man's world". Stop regurgitating the same lopsided view of yours, it doesn't help your course.
lol, why the unnecessary use of uppercase letters? Calm down.
Please provide your proof that men are more intelligent than women. You can't just make an empty claim like that, prove it.
And I outlined my reasons why women are not majorly found in top positions like CEOs, presidents and the likes in this post -----> https://www.nairaland.com/1469493/patriarchy-male-privilege/1#18751076
and you agreed with that post and said I was echoing your sentiments when I wrote those things, only for you to come back here and change your claims.

If it's Strength, we're zillion of miles ahead of women.
If it's childbearing women are also ahead of men.
Also going by your judgement, all the men who are physically stronger than you, are zillions of miles ahead of you.
Wrestlers like batista and hulk hogan are zillions of miles ahead of you because they are stronger than you.

Don't forget to post your proof of how men are more intelligent than women in your next post.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Romantic Questions To Ask Your Girlfriend / True Story Of A Broke Boy And A Very Rich Oil Company Working Babe / Memes That Will Make Your Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 215
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.