Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,362 members, 7,891,598 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 03:45 PM

Is Age Same With Maturity? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is Age Same With Maturity? (6221 Views)

Thirteen(13) Characteristics You Need To Achieve Maturity. / Ten(10) Facts That Maturity Has Taught Me About Life / Is Age Really The Criteria For Being An Adult? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Age Same With Maturity? by nonso3k(m): 3:07pm On Jul 01, 2008
i have often wondered about this.so i thought it best to put it out to you guys. is age same with maturity or are they two different things entirely?
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 01, 2008
They are two different things entirely
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by tope2000(f): 3:10pm On Jul 01, 2008
extremely very different
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by syren: 3:12pm On Jul 01, 2008
tope2000:

extremely very different
ibkaye:

They are two different things entirely

seconded cool
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by CARUSO(m): 3:14pm On Jul 01, 2008
me i don see people wey old but no get an iota of maturity for example, blah blah!!

so definitely not the same
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by francessby(f): 3:15pm On Jul 01, 2008
very different age is just a number while maturity deals with high sense of reasoning
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by SENATORJD(m): 3:20pm On Jul 01, 2008
age is age and maturity is maturity
they fall in two different classes
u can be old and stupid or
old and matured
or
young and stupid,or
young and matured

either way both operate independently of the other
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by syren: 3:26pm On Jul 01, 2008
There are disabled people like full grown adults with the mental age of 3 yr olds, that's just an example of where they certainly aren't the same. Even healthy people some people are raised in environments where they have to be adults at such a young age and some people are pampered so they struggle in the real world.
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by kingdong(m): 3:32pm On Jul 01, 2008
I agree with everyone that age and maturity aint the same. Waiting for someone who has a different view.

With age should come maturity, but it definitely is not a constant doesnt obtain in all instances for so many different reasons.
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by janami(f): 5:01pm On Jul 01, 2008
one wonders where "agbaya" comes in. some pple just refuse to be matured despite their age tongue
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by Raimond(m): 5:45pm On Jul 01, 2008
Age and maturity are two different things.

Age has to do with chronology:seconds-minutes-hours-days-weeks-months-years etc.You can go through all these, and still remain a kid,if you don`t get certain basics right.

Maturity to me is borne out of experience,exposure,association,mental exercises,education/training etc.

As a balance, the above points on maturity can be attained as one grows older,equally can be attained at a very young age.It all depends.

But in summary, Age and maturity are two different things--Opinion strictly mine.(I stand to be faulted though)
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by jekkad: 5:49pm On Jul 01, 2008
naaa age's got nothing to do wt maturity atalll,there r two diff things
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by Mesmerize(f): 5:50pm On Jul 01, 2008
Raimond:

Age has to do with chronology:seconds-minutes-hours-days-weeks-months-years etc.You can go through all these, and still remain a kid,if you don`t get certain basics right.

Maturity to me is borne out of experience,exposure,association,mental exercises,education/training etc.

As a balance, the above points on maturity can be attained as one grows older,equally can be attained at a very young age.It all depends.

But in summary, Age and maturity are two different things--Opinion strictly mine.(I stand to be faulted though)

Exactly!!

Age is not maturity. .
I've seen teens behave more mature than peeps in their 30s. .I've seen peeps in thier 20s behave more mature than peeps in their 10s. .
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by CH3COO(m): 5:51pm On Jul 01, 2008
With age comes wisdom; with wisdom comes ______________________
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by jekkad: 5:52pm On Jul 01, 2008
Raimond:

i agree wt evrything u said except d maturity part,one does not need experience or exposure to be matured,i dont think so,some pple just have dat natural sense in them and dat sense makes them handle situations even the tough and the simple,now handling situations wt dat sense is wat i call maturity smiley
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 01, 2008
@ JK
Since that thread has been closed, let me use this to tell you this:

I'll rather be a kid forever than be a criminal like you. wink

Good day.

@ topic
Maturity has nothing to do with age and we have enough examples on this forum!
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by jekkad: 5:58pm On Jul 01, 2008
michelin89:

@ JK
Since that thread has been closed, let me use this to tell you this:

I'll rather be a kid forever than be a criminal like you.  wink

Good day.

@ topic
Maturity has nothing to do with age and we have enough examples on this forum!

lmao  grin grin grin so d thread's been closed,yeah right beta that way because it doesnt make any sense though what a waste

yeah im a criminal but even wt that blood of a criminal,im still cherished and loved by all,and d person i stole from has never thrown me out of d house,even wt d fact that im a criminal im being held preciously like an egg,so my dear ive got a great advantage over u wink

good day sweetheart kiss kiss kiss

@topic

like i said ages got nothing to do wt maturity
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by Raimond(m): 6:00pm On Jul 01, 2008
jek_kad:

i agree wt evrything u said except d maturity part,one does not need experience or exposure to be matured,i don't think so,some people just have that natural sense in them and that sense makes them handle situations even the tough and the simple,now handling situations wt that sense is what i call maturity smiley

It`s okay really i equally respect and appreciate your opinion. Like i said the opinion is strictly mine, but i beleive there are certain experiences you gain in life and certain scenerios/environment and it`s conditions you are exposed to that make you more more mature than you were. Certain factors drive maturity, i beleive,it`s not a gift from above.
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by Hannibal: 6:02pm On Jul 01, 2008
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity?

Not necessarily.
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by jekkad: 6:03pm On Jul 01, 2008
Raimond:

It`s okay really i equally respect and appreciate your opinion. Like i said the opinion is strictly mine, but i beleive there are certain experiences you gain in life and certain scenerios/environment and it`s conditions you are exposed to that make you more more mature than you were. Certain factors drive maturity, i beleive,it`s not a gift from above.

yeah i know its your opinion,and i respect that,but sometimes it can be a gift from above honestly people are gifted wt many gifts u know so where do u think those gifts come from

i have a cousin who im older than but i tell u that i go to this girl for advise almost everytime ,shes not exposed shes on d quiet side,u will never know that this girl has got sthg upstairs,but shes just too filled wt wisdom and we all know that wisdom  also goes wt maturity,i know this girl well,and i can tell u that,that sense of hers started as she was growing up,yeah  i know that exposure and co makes people mature but sometimes some people just have it,honestly
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by Pataki: 6:08pm On Jul 01, 2008
@ topic,

NO.
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by Gamine(f): 6:12pm On Jul 01, 2008
What is Age?

1. Age

A word used to describe to other posters on the these message boards

that this post deserves to be seen and bumped.

Short for "A Good Example"

What is Maturity

maturity

the state of being so jaded by the shittiness of life that you cannot have fun easily, and must seek and destroy the fun of those who can.
e.g Dude that cop is so mature.

www.somedic.com
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by CH3COO(m): 6:14pm On Jul 01, 2008
Gamine:

What is Age?

1. Age

A word used to describe to other posters on the these message boards

that this post deserves to be seen and bumped.

Short for "A Good Example"

See your head. Is that what you're learning in school?
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 01, 2008
Gamine, those "chics" on your profile are "fine" o.  smiley
You know them?
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by jekkad: 6:17pm On Jul 01, 2008
davidylan:

Gamine, those "chics" on your profile are "fine" o.  smiley
You know them?

how many chics u go pursue sef 4him,abi sly don dash u small of him woman wrapper grin grin grin grin grin grin

@topic

maturity has nothing to do wt age,some younger peeps got brains more than them old ones so no gdeal
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 01, 2008
jek_kad:

lmao grin grin grin so d thread's been closed,yeah right beta that way because it doesnt make any sense though what a waste

yeah im a criminal but even wt that blood of a criminal,im still cherished and loved by all,and d person i stole from has never thrown me out of d house,even wt d fact that im a criminal im being held preciously like an egg,so my dear ive got a great advantage over u wink

good day sweetheart kiss kiss kiss

@topic

like i said ages got nothing to do wt maturity

Well sweetheart, you aren't the only one to be cherished. i can also boast of having someone taking good care of me. grin
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by Dakore(f): 6:18pm On Jul 01, 2008
not the same but related. they complement each other
people tend to mature with age.
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by noetic(m): 6:20pm On Jul 01, 2008
I hereby second everybody
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by babyx(f): 6:23pm On Jul 01, 2008
Maturity by defination is the state of or quality of full development, which of course is relative to either physical of mental in this case in respect to human relations.
Let me say this just  as others hv said already, age and maturity are not the same, and maturity is not a function of your age. wink
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by Dakore(f): 6:26pm On Jul 01, 2008
babyx:

Maturity by defination is the state of or quality of full development, which of course is relative to either physical of mental in this case in respect to human relations.
Let me say this just as others hv said already, age and maturity are not the same, and maturity is not a function of your age. wink

you just contradicted yourself.
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by lobs: 6:26pm On Jul 01, 2008
my name is bolaji shitta am an human right activist my response is that age is entire different from maturity , let talk about about maturity there are lots of things attach to it your level of thinking ,reasoning and doing things will be unique or have not see a boy of 15 saying things expected of elder while some elder will speak and you will think you are here hearing from a child that is life for us.
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by CH3COO(m): 6:27pm On Jul 01, 2008
babyx:

and maturity is not a function of your age. wink
it is sometimes.

dakore is that you on your profile

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Power In The Tongue: Its Positive And Negative Effects. / See These Photos Of A Witch Abi Wizard Caught In Ghana / VIDEO: UNIBEN Students Caught Having S3x At The Bushy Back Of The University Ca

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.